Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ajin Episode 6 Discussion


Feb 22, 2016 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 21337
Comic_Sans said:
Uhm... WFT just happened to Kei's personality?

They just pulled that "He actually couldn't give less of a shit, he's just pretending to care" BS out of nowhere?

This is literally Tokyo Ghoul level of "character development" – eleven episodes without any development whatsoever and then suddenly WABOOM! a complete 180

Inconsistency at its finest

Kei's personality was hinted from ep 1.
Beside, Ajin not similar TG.
This is manga: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/ajin/c012/38.html
If they did so then they did an extremely poor job

Also, like ItsMaz pointed out:
ItsMaz said:
Kinda disappointed with this personality of Kei's they just pulled out his ass. It's incredibly inconsistent. "He doesn't actually care about other people, he only puts on an act."
Yeah no. You don't go out of your way to murder your ally to save complete strangers. That wasn't the logical thing to do at all.
And yes, it is similar to Tokyo Ghoul in multiple aspects (at least so far).

Different art doesn't make it any less similar story and character wise
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch
 
Feb 22, 2016 6:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 166
Kei's really unpredictable, it seemed like he trusts Satou-san but it escalated quickly to "I've got to save dem people who just tortured me." But I think that's what makes him a cool character, a fucked up teenager like most of us here.

Cool episode nevertheless.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
 
Feb 22, 2016 7:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 35
Oh wow I'm the mc. "Logical and heartless and doesn't care about others".
My 13 year old dog died last year and I had the same reaction Kei had when the surgeon got shot "Ah, he's dead. Too bad" while my bodybuilding brother was crying.
I'm a piece of shit according to his imouto :c

I do agree, why he suddenly wanted to save the surgeons was questionable.

Also with the american guy theorizes that the black ghost supplies the Ajin with all the needed nutrients so (the host or) the Ajin cannot die.
Will that mean they don't have to eat or drink anything anymore since the black ghost can simply supply that?
Modified by slayermusiq1, Apr 11, 2017 4:42 PM
 
Feb 22, 2016 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 21337
Kei does have a tricky personality, but I wouldn't say it's inconsistent.
It is hard to see Kei's personality in the previous episodes because he was mostly with Kai, Kai is like the only one he's not being an asshole to. The fact that Kei didn't care for other people was hinted several times however, by his sister, the inner thoughts of him when he was with his peers, and his phone contacts. He literally name his friends "friend 1, friend 2, friend 3...". Tho despite being a sociopath, Kei pretends he care so he can fit in. Let's just say he pretend it so well it even fool the audience lol.
And then he goes full emo ballistic whenever friend-kun's in danger... yeah, right

There's a big difference between "not being an asshole" and "caring so much that you want to save that person"
And also he saved the scientist not because he cared for him, but because "it's the right thing to do". He said he's trying very hard to be a "good person" in the first episode, that's why he felt he should save someone if he is dying, but when he saw dead bodies he wasn't even a bit sad or sorry.
Because those "dead bodies" were corpses of people that had been torturing him for days

I wouldn't really feel sorry if I had been him either
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch
 
Feb 22, 2016 8:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 148
Ryuugamono said:
Kei's really unpredictable, it seemed like he trusts Satou-san but it escalated quickly to "I've got to save dem people who just tortured me." But I think that's what makes him a cool character, a fucked up teenager like most of us here.

Cool episode nevertheless.


Kei doesn't trust Satou.
Satou felt something was off about the way Kei was acting towards him at the start of episode 6.
Kei was trying to manipulate him, just like he was trying to manipulate Kei.
 
Feb 22, 2016 4:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 405
Kei's personality isn't really out of nowhere. The only person he's been with properly so far is Kai and thats basically the only person he cares about really. I wouldn't say its been foreshadowed, but rather thats what they actually showed his character to be like from the start. Its just more obvious now coz he was open about it.

He sticks with the whole 'trying to be a good person' thing no matter the situation, even going to save the defenseless scientist people despite what they done to him.
His reaction when he realised the scientist was still alive was funny lol.
 
Feb 22, 2016 11:15 PM
Observer

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5280
cloud8100 said:

He sticks with the whole 'trying to be a good person' thing no matter the situation, even going to save the defenseless scientist people despite what they done to him.
His reaction when he realised the scientist was still alive was funny lol.


Yes, he's like "shit, he's still alive and now I have a duty to save him. Damn"

He's essentially "playing by the rules of a 'good' person" in an extremely sociopath way.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
Feb 23, 2016 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 19
didn't expect kei to figure out that satou is the bad in only one episode... and cool how kai is working with the "nice" guys and slowly figuring out how his IBM

nice ep 5/5
 
Feb 23, 2016 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1370
I am really not sure what to think of Kei. His attitude is slightly inconsistent. But refreshing. Hes not out to save the world. He just wants to save himself, and those who aid him.
Wonder where he will go from here
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
 
Feb 23, 2016 2:11 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7334
Comic_Sans said:
And then he goes full emo ballistic whenever friend-kun's in danger... yeah, right

There's a big difference between "not being an asshole" and "caring so much that you want to save that person"



wakka9ca said:
cloud8100 said:

He sticks with the whole 'trying to be a good person' thing no matter the situation, even going to save the defenseless scientist people despite what they done to him.
His reaction when he realised the scientist was still alive was funny lol.


Yes, he's like "shit, he's still alive and now I have a duty to save him. Damn"

He's essentially "playing by the rules of a 'good' person" in an extremely sociopath way.

And also this is pretty much what I had in mind as well. Kei's a really interesting character, but I don't find him to be particularly inconsistent at all. He does look "cuter" here though than in the manga (character designs wise), which could have a little influence on people thinking that this apathetic side of him came out of nowhere (sort of like Halo Effect?).
 
Feb 23, 2016 3:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 21
What an intense episode. The pacing's finally settling in nicely.

I understand Kei had no choice at that point but he really didn't hesitate to pick up that gun and shoot Satou. I find that pretty consistent with what was discussed here already about Kei only doing the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing. He saves puppies like he's crossing it off a list. Yet he goes to extreme lengths to rid himself of the guilt of not being a good person. At least that's what I picked up so far being a non manga-reader. That seems pretty consistent to me; the bigger issue here seems to be that some just don't understand it.
 
Feb 23, 2016 10:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 937
Tomislavr7 said:
I felt that Kei acted a bit out of character in this episode because they tried to give him the trait that he doesn't care about stuff a bit too much. It was different from the other episodes, in my opinion.


Same. I feel like that aspect was never really shown before. I don't know if they'll explain that or not but... that just felt a bit weird to throw in randomly.
I feel like I need to go back and watch some of the older episodes because it seemed like he DID care. And there were times when he wasn't putting on a face because he would just have thoughts in his own head or whatever that definitely seemed like he cared about shit.
No idea anymore
 
Feb 24, 2016 1:12 AM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7334
SerB3128 said:
Tomislavr7 said:
I felt that Kei acted a bit out of character in this episode because they tried to give him the trait that he doesn't care about stuff a bit too much. It was different from the other episodes, in my opinion.


Same. I feel like that aspect was never really shown before. I don't know if they'll explain that or not but... that just felt a bit weird to throw in randomly.
I feel like I need to go back and watch some of the older episodes because it seemed like he DID care. And there were times when he wasn't putting on a face because he would just have thoughts in his own head or whatever that definitely seemed like he cared about shit.
No idea anymore

This isn't just addressed to you, but I think this from episode one

gives a pretty good indication from the beginning that Kei doesn't think like a normal person. And that's actually an anime only (iirc) view of the phone, so they were hinting that Kei has a degree of apathy not seen in normal people. It's true though that he also seems to care about things, like trying to save his little sister from his IBM when they were younger, or wanting Kai not to get caught up in everything.

But aside from Kai, the only things he cared about was "trying to become a great person" and "keeping good relations" with his friends (ep 1). It's a very rational way of thinking about life, he's not actually doing these things because he wants to, but rather, that's what he should do to get through life. His reactions after realizing that he's an Ajin were realistic as it's not part of his plan to a peaceful life to be an Ajin, so perhaps that's why people think what happened in this episode is inconsistent with his normal reactions in some of the previous episodes. And even then, the way Kei killed himself after quickly coming to terms that he's an Ajin, that's something normal people wouldn't do. People don't usually adapt to life changing events so quickly, nor would they be able to kill themselves, even if they are immortal (this might hold little weight since this can't really happen irl). Hopefully this makes sense, but I think cloud8100 said it better and in a more concise way that I did, I just tried to give examples. The bold part pretty much sums up what I think about the comments that Kei's actions are inconsistent.

cloud8100 said:
Kei's personality isn't really out of nowhere. The only person he's been with properly so far is Kai and thats basically the only person he cares about really. I wouldn't say its been foreshadowed, but rather thats what they actually showed his character to be like from the start. Its just more obvious now coz he was open about it.

He sticks with the whole 'trying to be a good person' thing no matter the situation, even going to save the defenseless scientist people despite what they done to him.
Modified by tingy, Feb 24, 2016 1:17 AM
 
Feb 24, 2016 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 937
tingy said:
SerB3128 said:


Same. I feel like that aspect was never really shown before. I don't know if they'll explain that or not but... that just felt a bit weird to throw in randomly.
I feel like I need to go back and watch some of the older episodes because it seemed like he DID care. And there were times when he wasn't putting on a face because he would just have thoughts in his own head or whatever that definitely seemed like he cared about shit.
No idea anymore

This isn't just addressed to you, but I think this from episode one

gives a pretty good indication from the beginning that Kei doesn't think like a normal person. And that's actually an anime only (iirc) view of the phone, so they were hinting that Kei has a degree of apathy not seen in normal people. It's true though that he also seems to care about things, like trying to save his little sister from his IBM when they were younger, or wanting Kai not to get caught up in everything.

But aside from Kai, the only things he cared about was "trying to become a great person" and "keeping good relations" with his friends (ep 1). It's a very rational way of thinking about life, he's not actually doing these things because he wants to, but rather, that's what he should do to get through life. His reactions after realizing that he's an Ajin were realistic as it's not part of his plan to a peaceful life to be an Ajin, so perhaps that's why people think what happened in this episode is inconsistent with his normal reactions in some of the previous episodes. And even then, the way Kei killed himself after quickly coming to terms that he's an Ajin, that's something normal people wouldn't do. People don't usually adapt to life changing events so quickly, nor would they be able to kill themselves, even if they are immortal (this might hold little weight since this can't really happen irl). Hopefully this makes sense, but I think cloud8100 said it better and in a more concise way that I did, I just tried to give examples. The bold part pretty much sums up what I think about the comments that Kei's actions are inconsistent.

cloud8100 said:
Kei's personality isn't really out of nowhere. The only person he's been with properly so far is Kai and thats basically the only person he cares about really. I wouldn't say its been foreshadowed, but rather thats what they actually showed his character to be like from the start. Its just more obvious now coz he was open about it.

He sticks with the whole 'trying to be a good person' thing no matter the situation, even going to save the defenseless scientist people despite what they done to him.


Huh, Interesting. Guess I'm a dumbass lol
So, he basically only cares about his one friend and his sister?
Why does his sister think he's complete trash though? Probably will be explained later I hope
 
Feb 24, 2016 8:37 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7334
SerB3128 said:

Huh, Interesting. Guess I'm a dumbass lol
So, he basically only cares about his one friend and his sister?
Why does his sister think he's complete trash though? Probably will be explained later I hope

Nooo, lol, you'r not a dumbass :P I'm pretty sure a lot of people missed that frame. It was only 2-3 seconds, and not everyone can read Japanese. I think paying attention to smaller things like how Kei's personality has been portrayed is dependent on how invested you have been so far in the series (this can be said for any anime/story). I've been reading the manga for awhile, so I paid more attention with the anime. Also, it's hard not to be critical when a person might've have some bias in the beginning already (ex, thinking this is just another Tokyo Ghoul, etc), and I'm guilty of it too towards other series. Just wanted to point out why I personally think Kei hasn't been inconsistent.

But yeah, at this point, I'd say he basically only cares about Kai, and maybe his sister. I might even argue that he only protected his sister in the past and visited her in the hospital because it's what he's supposed to do as a big brother, but his "caring" for his sister is not something he consciously thinks about. I could be going too far with this though :P

It's explained the manga why Kei's sister thinks he's trash, and I believe they either skipped over it in this episode, or they will continue with her reasoning next episode. Hopefully the latter.
 
Feb 26, 2016 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 4337
shit that was intense Satou is just an asshole using people
 
Feb 26, 2016 4:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7831
Most intense episode as of yet!
5/5!
 
Feb 27, 2016 12:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3005
Intense episode, Satou is so badass. It's fun because I have the feeling that that Kei becomes more human since he is an Ajin.
 
Feb 27, 2016 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6008
Another intense episode. Would not have guessed Kei would turn on the hat-man so soon.

Also, shrubbery is not soft. Wonder if that guy survived.
 
Feb 28, 2016 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3367
The sister has been calling him thrash since ep 1 and for a while i've felt it had something to do with Ajins damping emotions, who knows!? another thrilling ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
 
Feb 28, 2016 4:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 4564
Kei hides his true intentions...
 
Mar 4, 2016 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1695
Great episode. Kei's sister is annoying tho.

ItsMaz said:
Kinda disappointed with this personality of Kei's they just pulled out his ass. It's incredibly inconsistent. "He doesn't actually care about other people, he only puts on an act."
Yeah no. You don't go out of your way to murder your ally to save complete strangers. That wasn't the logical thing to do at all.

agreed. That personality was weird and came out of nowhere.
He wasn't like this in the previous episodes.
 
Mar 4, 2016 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1593
Wow, intense episode. Had me glued.
 
Mar 4, 2016 9:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 30
Mr_Shnb said:
Great episode. Kei's sister is annoying tho.

ItsMaz said:
Kinda disappointed with this personality of Kei's they just pulled out his ass. It's incredibly inconsistent. "He doesn't actually care about other people, he only puts on an act."
Yeah no. You don't go out of your way to murder your ally to save complete strangers. That wasn't the logical thing to do at all.

agreed. That personality was weird and came out of nowhere.
He wasn't like this in the previous episodes.

You should read this:
SerB3128 said:
tingy said:

This isn't just addressed to you, but I think this from episode one

gives a pretty good indication from the beginning that Kei doesn't think like a normal person. And that's actually an anime only (iirc) view of the phone, so they were hinting that Kei has a degree of apathy not seen in normal people. It's true though that he also seems to care about things, like trying to save his little sister from his IBM when they were younger, or wanting Kai not to get caught up in everything.

But aside from Kai, the only things he cared about was "trying to become a great person" and "keeping good relations" with his friends (ep 1). It's a very rational way of thinking about life, he's not actually doing these things because he wants to, but rather, that's what he should do to get through life. His reactions after realizing that he's an Ajin were realistic as it's not part of his plan to a peaceful life to be an Ajin, so perhaps that's why people think what happened in this episode is inconsistent with his normal reactions in some of the previous episodes. And even then, the way Kei killed himself after quickly coming to terms that he's an Ajin, that's something normal people wouldn't do. People don't usually adapt to life changing events so quickly, nor would they be able to kill themselves, even if they are immortal (this might hold little weight since this can't really happen irl). Hopefully this makes sense, but I think cloud8100 said it better and in a more concise way that I did, I just tried to give examples. The bold part pretty much sums up what I think about the comments that Kei's actions are inconsistent.



Huh, Interesting. Guess I'm a dumbass lol
So, he basically only cares about his one friend and his sister?
Why does his sister think he's complete trash though? Probably will be explained later I hope
 
Mar 5, 2016 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 498
the nagai family is a bunch of annoying people, jesus...
 
Mar 5, 2016 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1300
So that's why Kei was coming off as a douche. Because he only acts on logic and not on emotions. I like that now. What I don't understand is why did he want to save those doctors then? It didn't look like he did it for personal gain.
Modified by Albi-kun, Mar 5, 2016 5:30 PM
 
Mar 6, 2016 5:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 30
Albi-kun said:
So that's why Kei was coming off as a douche. Because he only acts on logic and not on emotions. I like that now. What I don't understand is why did he want to save those doctors then? It didn't look like he did it for personal gain.

You'll know why in episode 9
 
Mar 12, 2016 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5468
Stupid episode, almost all dialogues were way off and illogical (save for maybe some insights on IBM).

But the worst here was Kei, that boy is just pathetic. Which is very unfortunate because he is protagonist of this show and when one such is so unlikeable it's disaster for whole show. Which is shame because there ARE characters I really like (Shimomura for example but literally almost everyone else).

So now he is just saving them 'just because'? (such a great way how to describe his motivation o_O) But on the other hand, he wouldn't care if he's dead? For god's sake, that was some bulshit writing! Not to mention whole this 'I know you were experimenting on me, forcing me to die at least hundred time and it hurt so much but now I don't mind and want to help you' nonsense...

Even their military personel was ridiculous saying he got away when he just jumped into the river. Couldn't they even try to stop him even than? (not to mention Satou was still there) Sigh.

This show had great start but sadly it's getting downhill pretty fast. Kinda reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul.
 
Mar 12, 2016 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 729
Mich666 said:
Stupid episode, almost all dialogues were way off and illogical (save for maybe some insights on IBM).

But the worst here was Kei, that boy is just pathetic. Which is very unfortunate because he is protagonist of this show and when one such is so unlikeable it's disaster for whole show. Which is shame because there ARE characters I really like (Shimomura for example but literally almost everyone else).

So now he is just saving them 'just because'? (such a great way how to describe his motivation o_O) But on the other hand, he wouldn't care if he's dead? For god's sake, that was some bulshit writing! Not to mention whole this 'I know you were experimenting on me, forcing me to die at least hundred time and it hurt so much but now I don't mind and want to help you' nonsense...

Even their military personel was ridiculous saying he got away when he just jumped into the river. Couldn't they even try to stop him even than? (not to mention Satou was still there) Sigh.

This show had great start but sadly it's getting downhill pretty fast. Kinda reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul.
.

Kei saved those doctors because he wants to know the way out. They work there he dose not. That is what the marks on the wall was for. Plus he will reveal his full reasons why he saved them in episode 9. 😕
 
Mar 12, 2016 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5468
mehmehperson said:
Kei saved those doctors because he wants to know the way out. They work there he dose not. That is what the marks on the wall was for. Plus he will reveal his full reasons why he saved them in episode 9.

Then he has no reason to save the guy when he already was on the roof. I'm just saying it is extremly bad scriptwriting to show nonsensical scene here without proper explanation or insight into protagonist's motive and thinking beforehand (and no, those small hints really weren't enough as MC is pretty inconsistent throughtout all the series - unlike every other character).

His conflicting thoughts in past episodes:
1. "I can't run to the country, I will search for other Ajins and join with them"
2. when he finds them "Sorry, but I don't think this won'tl work"
3. Calls his friend trash in flashback and says he befriended him only out of pity.
4. Cries he can't betray him and kill someone when is tortured.
5. Apologizes to Satou after he is saved and agrees to fight his way out.
6. Betrays Satou without any real explanation and illogically joins his enemy who tortured him for a week even though he would have much bigger chance of getting out with Satou

......How is that possibly good character building?

Also, I'm viewing an anime I don't have to care or know anything about manga. They should emphasize his motives before, not after it happened. If manga (or LN) did it right (though I doubt it was way too different) then this adaptation fails to portray him properly.
 
Mar 13, 2016 12:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 30
Mich666 said:
mehmehperson said:
Kei saved those doctors because he wants to know the way out. They work there he dose not. That is what the marks on the wall was for. Plus he will reveal his full reasons why he saved them in episode 9.

Then he has no reason to save the guy when he already was on the roof. I'm just saying it is extremly bad scriptwriting to show nonsensical scene here without proper explanation or insight into protagonist's motive and thinking beforehand (and no, those small hints really weren't enough as MC is pretty inconsistent throughtout all the series - unlike every other character).

His conflicting thoughts in past episodes:
1. "I can't run to the country, I will search for other Ajins and join with them"
2. when he finds them "Sorry, but I don't think this won'tl work"
3. Calls his friend trash in flashback and says he befriended him only out of pity.
4. Cries he can't betray him and kill someone when is tortured.
5. Apologizes to Satou after he is saved and agrees to fight his way out.
6. Betrays Satou without any real explanation and illogically joins his enemy who tortured him for a week even though he would have much bigger chance of getting out with Satou

......How is that possibly good character building?

Also, I'm viewing an anime I don't have to care or know anything about manga. They should emphasize his motives before, not after it happened. If manga (or LN) did it right (though I doubt it was way too different) then this adaptation fails to portray him properly.

You should watch the next episodes. Things are slowly unravel in the next ep.
 
Mar 13, 2016 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 57
What a fantastic episode. Those researchers really played the part in the plot really well. I'm impressed with Kei's development!


"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
 
Apr 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2950
If wasn't that surgeon i don't know what he would do...
Kei is actually kinda weird, first of all he "killed" his saviour and then he wanted that guy do die or to live...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

 
Apr 15, 2016 5:49 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 6860
Yeah, Kei was out of character...or maybe that's what he really is.
 
Apr 16, 2016 10:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4814
This escalated quickly!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
 
Apr 18, 2016 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5106
Kei has some serious psychological issues lol. I wonder if his mom has anything to do with it or if she was just taking advantage of this.
 
Apr 19, 2016 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 745
That flash of Satou's memories we got makes me wonder if he's the "God's Soldier" we saw in episode 1.
 
Apr 25, 2016 5:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2444
wow the way keis mom raised him sure messed him up.Also looks like we got the ol dick random guy and nice random guy. Im gussing sato knows about the head thing cause he tried it himself,but that is pretty scary seeing a new head grow that may be a totally new person. So the big difference between anjins is the head shapes.
 
May 13, 2016 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5922
Great episode as expected
 
Aug 31, 2016 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 31507
right to the river, Kei nice shot

 
Nov 12, 2016 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 387
What kind of retard saves his tortures and kill's his savior.
This guy's retardness cant be measured.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 26, 2016 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 23484
Kei is weird.
How can he help those guys after all the pain they put him through?
 
Jan 16, 2017 5:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 107
Rethdawg said:
A sociopath MC. Very interesting.

Yes. Though the fact that pretty much every character is some sort of psychopath in this series makes it significantly less interesting. I would say that the... uhm... torture room staff on the roof had bigger problem with his head than consistently detached Kei. You don't normally just go from completely dehumanising your victim to treating him like a human. "Sorry man, just doing my job" doesn't cut it here. Well, even Kei does understand that. His genuine bewilderment "can you understand the pain of others?" was a highlight of this episode.
Modified by Elfster, Jan 16, 2017 5:39 PM
 
Feb 9, 2017 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 659
The story took realy a wrong direction.
this whole season is utter boring compared to Season 1
 
Feb 11, 2017 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1141
Well kei's true personality was just revealed, wasn't expecting that he doesn't give a shit bout other people and was just pretending the whole time :/
 
Jul 18, 2017 2:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 7246
I honestly don't know what Kei is thinking attacking Sato like that. He has a higher chance of escaping if he went along with Sato at least until they leave that facility. And I don't understand why he want to save those researchers considering they just tortured him for days.
 
Aug 16, 2017 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2419
He surly seemed pissed af xD

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Oct 7, 2017 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2692
Kei be like, "Oh noes, don't kill the humans." then shoots Satou like, "Sorry, tee-hee."

Kei's invisible black matters looks like it came from an old horror movie entitled, "The Swarm" even Satou was shooketh.

Also, Kei is an asshole. He is unfeeling and although it was hinted, I hate him for it. Kaito needs to finds a new waifu. From this point, I don't care if Kei dies anymore. Fucking asshole. He is definitely his mother's son. He ignored Kaito to get good grades, didn't care about their dog that died,etc.

I only care about Kaito and Eriko at this point.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.
 
Nov 3, 2017 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 16735
I like how Kei maintained his humanity and decided to save the guys. One of them surely wants to die though. At least the other guy kept his word and showed Kei the way to escape.

The battle on the roof was intense and cool. Kei showed some quick thinking and was able to save the guy's life.

Also regarding people calling Kei a sociopath. They don't know what a sociopath is.
Modified by TheBigGuy, Nov 3, 2017 1:26 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
I could walk down a highway, find decomposing roadkill and that would be a more refreshing image than your comments - a wise man, 2019
 
Apr 13, 2018 12:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4105
lol at Hat killing one of those torturing bastards and Kei just being chill about it.
Kei trying to stop Hat and he's just being chill with it and saying blind or just off their arms.
Kei shot Hat. Now that he has a reason to be chill about.
I don't like how you talking to Izumi like that Tosaki.
Kei saved that asshole and all he wants to do is get Kei back on the table. Ungrateful fuck.
The head regenerates? He'll make Kei watch? WTF!
Dat shoe. Kei is above him. Kei calculating in slo-mo like a boss!
Hat caught him.
At least one of those bastards was grateful to Kei saving them.
Dat IBM.
lol Asshole tried to be clever by hiding in that room. I would have done the same. Glad you died you ungrateful fuck.
You're the one who is trash, Eri.
That grateful guy died.
Kei is logical and cold? So that's why.
LMAO at what Kei said to the grateful guy. Eri was right.
Grateful guy is still alive.
Sutando battle!
WTF at Kei's IBM.
Dat headbutt. Those memories.
He dropped him!
Dat jump.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store