Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 19, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sigh, Kei making the decision to save some strangers (who I bet can probably turn him in any moment) and now his own life is at risk because of that.

This was just as violent as I had expected because it's freaking Satou they are dealing with. There was no doubt that he would of killed all three of those scientists. I don't think Kei realized how much that pissed off Satou tbh. Solid episode though. This was as violent as it can get.
Feb 19, 2016 1:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Most intense Ajin episode yet! Kei made a big mistake by killing Satou. "You really are a failure". Kei trying to bring Satou down was cool. Even though Satou's a d*ck, I can't help but like him 'cause he's so badass. Wow, Kei is really an A-hole with his whole attitude. His Ajin's doesn't give a sh*t about him

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 19, 2016 7:24 PM
Feb 19, 2016 7:10 PM
Apr 2014
Everyone will soon know Kei's true nature and Sato's in ep 7, 8. Ajin unlike TG, Ajin do not eat people and is known to be not dangerous for humans in ep 1, Nagai Kei looks like a cinnamon roll, but is actually President Asshole-land.
itachan1995Feb 19, 2016 7:15 PM
Feb 19, 2016 9:06 PM

Mar 2015
Dang, kinda disappointed that they didn't change some elements to fit the source material (middle finger, fingers, mouth kill, flashback)

Still a pretty solid adaptation! Excited for next week since we'll finally get past the first movie

4/5
Feb 20, 2016 1:51 AM

Mar 2015
Chooone said:
Dang, kinda disappointed that they didn't change some elements to fit the source material (middle finger, fingers, mouth kill, flashback)

Still a pretty solid adaptation! Excited for next week since we'll finally get past the first movie

4/5

I'm actually think that shoes-trap is better than fingers-trap. Nagai is have placed them on both sides, so he secured himself if Satou approach from a different side. But yeah, it's shame that they changed a finger:
http://mangafox.me/manga/ajin/v03/c010/9.html
And i forgot about this too:
http://mangafox.me/manga/ajin/v03/c011/32.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/ajin/v03/c012/29.html

P.S. Maybe they change opening in the next week, since all events have been showed.
Feb 20, 2016 9:19 AM

Mar 2015
I'm actually think that shoes-trap is better than fingers-trap. Nagai is have placed them on both sides, so he secured himself if Satou approach from a different side. But yeah, it's shame that they changed a finger:
http://mangafox.me/manga/ajin/v03/c010/9.html
And i forgot about this too:
http://mangafox.me/manga/ajin/v03/c011/32.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/ajin/v03/c012/29.html

P.S. Maybe they change opening in the next week, since all events have been showed.

Yeah, that seems smarter, no reckless decision taken by Kei, since he's a smarter than the average kid (I'll agree to this decision (just like Satou's cutting his arm with the help of a wall instead of just like butter)) (TBH, when I first read this part, it felt like Kei was really willing to sacrifice himself to save the researchers to the point of inflicting pain to himself (also a way to say that he was kinda numb (or didn't care) to pain after the experiments))

Possible! Movie came with the extended version of the op but there's only one more minute of new stuff, then blank for credits :'), if they edit it just right, it should work (tho, it's also unusual for one cour to change OP so part of me says it won't happen)
ChoooneFeb 20, 2016 9:43 AM
Feb 20, 2016 11:36 AM

May 2015
Wait...so is Satou the Ajin soldier seen in the opening in episode 1? I'm worried about Kaito hope to see him soon.
Feb 20, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2015
@Chooone

I only think about new scenes from opening, not the song itself. (Like Dagashi Kashi, for example.)
Feb 20, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
That was really friggin good!! Kei's way more interesting than I first thought. His personality is really messed up. He's kinda f***ed up in the head XD The way he just shot Satou and was just smiling and shit after Satou shot that dude while he's So nonchalant was lol

And the way he reacted to that guy when he thought he died not giving a shit but then when he found out he's not dead yet, he went through hell to save him like that. Really interesting character.

Satou's starting to get interested too. And it was cool seeing the IBM fight. And Kei's already getting the hang of things. So butting heads causes some memories to be shared? Interesting :O I wonder what Kei saw?

I really feel bad for Izumi. Tosaki treats her like shit. She's so cute :(

I never thought of it that way but the explanation about losing ur head and then becoming a different person is really new for immortals for me. I don't think I've seen it anywhere else. Really cool

Sucks that they changed the finger panel to shoes tho altho kinda understandable
Feb 20, 2016 1:32 PM

Mar 2015
@CtrlZED

@Tlahuizcapante

Well, it'll still be the same song, just the part we haven't heard, since they already sync up the scenes to the beat of this part.
ChoooneFeb 20, 2016 1:35 PM
Feb 20, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
That escalated quite fast. Kei standing a chance against that guy was intense. It was nice to see a scientist help him out. Intense fight!
Feb 21, 2016 2:19 AM
Dec 2015
Just watched the subbed version. Satou is a gangster
Feb 21, 2016 5:27 AM

Jan 2015
Despite his age and the environmental factor at that roof, Satou is one good sharpshooter.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 21, 2016 5:28 AM

Dec 2013
Really liked the characterisation for Kei in this episode. Dude is indeed trash but I still like him. He did a good job saving that guy.

A pretty noticeable amount of censorship but I'm not super disappointed.

Still loving Satou.

Finally we get to see some new material! Can't wait!
Feb 21, 2016 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
Mascera said:
Despite his age and the environmental factor at that roof, Satou is one good sharpshooter.

Not really a spoiler but

Oh god who are you people?
Feb 21, 2016 7:07 AM

Jan 2015
Kei is really trying his hardest to escape :X
Feb 21, 2016 7:11 AM
Jan 2016
It was really a good episode.I have a feeling that our MC is a bad guy :(.But still he have save that doctor.
Feb 21, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2014
So increases the tension once more, this time with an epic battle between Satou and Kei and their IBM's. Only thing I don't gte is why Tosaki thinks it's a lost cause just because Nagai has escaped. After all, isn't Satou still on the roof. I'm sure he's more shrewd than that, but couldn't they still capture Satou if they tried. And surely catching Kei shouldn't be too hard either if they know that the river leads to the floodgate. Just keep it closed and wait for him to float down there and then grab him. Surely they could do that?
Feb 21, 2016 8:02 AM

Aug 2015
Man this episode was intense. It was nice of Kei to work with that researcher. That other researcher got killed and I honestly didn't feel bad for him. The short fight was nice, Satou is really interesting. Kei got away, looking forward to next episode.
Feb 21, 2016 10:40 AM
Nov 2010
I felt that Kei acted a bit out of character in this episode because they tried to give him the trait that he doesn't care about stuff a bit too much. It was different from the other episodes, in my opinion.

I'm interested in what will happen next.
Feb 21, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
Tomislavr7 said:
I felt that Kei acted a bit out of character in this episode because they tried to give him the trait that he doesn't care about stuff a bit too much. It was different from the other episodes, in my opinion.

Yeah, as a manga reader his character is a bit inconsistent at times.
Feb 21, 2016 11:17 AM
Feb 2016
A sociopath MC. Very interesting.

Gotta say, can't wait to find out more about the relationship between Izumi and Tosaki, looks to me like one based on fear and respect. Maybe Izumi will try to help Kei somehow, either on orders from white suit man or on her volition?
Feb 21, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2014
Kei really fucked up from the moment he shot Satou. It was also interesting to see Kei's true nature and how he doesn't really care about others. I found his reaction to the researcher still being alive quite humorous, since that pretty much forced him to continue pretending like he gave a shit about the guy. Overall, another intense episode, which I think should be expected from this anime at this point.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 21, 2016 11:55 AM

Feb 2015
Wow! That was... intense!
Feb 21, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
Tomislavr7 said:

Yeah, had the same feeling as well. I'd be okay with him being like that, but there were no real signs of that trait before that episode, at least not to that extent.
Feb 21, 2016 12:52 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Kei 0_____0 Is that the real you??? 0___0
Feb 21, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
It was an intense episode.

The two other researchers were dead! Kei saved that researcher!
Feb 21, 2016 1:19 PM

Nov 2015
It was intense, and Kei tho

Feb 21, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2013
I like how Kei's true colors are starting to show :3
Feb 21, 2016 2:04 PM
Apr 2014
Nice turn of events. I kinda hope the researcher survived this fall even though he was part of it all. Well as long as he doesn't lie to the people about how this whole thing went and that he's just alive due to Kei's help.

And Satou really went a bit overboard. He is immortal. Shooting him doesn't really matter. I mean it was a welcome excuse to dispose of Kei and it fits his "hidden" craziness but wouldn't it have been easier to just escape with Kei first? If the government wasn't so stupid they could have sent more forces and catch them both only because he was playing around with Kei because he prevented him from killing more researchers. Even if it was still an overreaction it would have made so much more sense to kill Kei after escaping.
Feb 21, 2016 2:39 PM

Dec 2015
Such an intense episode! When Kei killed Satou and his reaction to it. And we get a look at what Kei's personality is really like.

Feb 21, 2016 3:14 PM
Dec 2015
Nyaa is back for those who want subbed ajin 06
Feb 21, 2016 3:25 PM

May 2015
Another great, intense and thrilling episode. As usual. Old man is really one crazy man. And damn, Kei's true personality. That is one cold and empty shell. I did not like that. At all.

Feb 21, 2016 3:37 PM

Sep 2015
Kinda disappointed with this personality of Kei's they just pulled out his ass. It's incredibly inconsistent. "He doesn't actually care about other people, he only puts on an act."
Yeah no. You don't go out of your way to murder your ally to save complete strangers. That wasn't the logical thing to do at all.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 21, 2016 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
Wow what an amazing and intense episode!
Despite the fact that he's 'trash' I'm actually very interested in Kei's personality and morality altogether. Satou is also likable to me in his own way.

Things that I liked/interested me the most this episode:
1. Kei's trap and coming over the top, followed by his inner thoughts going over where to aim in slow-motion was pretty BA
2. The explanation of Kei's character and the IBM fight, which was amazing!
3. Finding out what happens when Ajin IBM hit their heads together (more interested in Satou's memory)
4. Seeing the conflict in Kei's logical thinking of becoming a 'good person.' Like he literally saves them because it's the 'right thing to do,' then when he thinks they're dead he's all like "they're dead? Welp, that sucks for them, I'mma go run now." IMO it was hilarious when he found out that the dude was still alive and he was like "you're not dead!?" aw man that surprised (and probably annoyed) face was great

Looking forward to next ep~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 21, 2016 5:02 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
An exciting episode with nice sound effects (gun fire, rain, etc...). Everyone seems to have two sides to their characters. This makes it interesting for me since I don't have a complete handle on how they will react in a given situation. Good stuff....
Feb 21, 2016 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
I really like how this episode shows Kei's true personality. Filled with action and answers.
More importantly, it's finally past the movie!
Feb 21, 2016 7:37 PM
Dec 2012
New material next week... Awesome. I still cant make myself like the cg though
Feb 21, 2016 8:32 PM
Jan 2016
ItsMaz said:
Kinda disappointed with this personality of Kei's they just pulled out his ass. It's incredibly inconsistent. "He doesn't actually care about other people, he only puts on an act."
Yeah no. You don't go out of your way to murder your ally to save complete strangers. That wasn't the logical thing to do at all.

Thats a problem with the anime.

In the manga, Kei's sister gives a more detailed explanation for why her brother is a bastard, but she ends her explanation by saying how she doesn't actually know the real him.

The best way to describe Nagai Kei is that he's a pragmatic, manipulative bastard with a heart of gold.
Feb 21, 2016 8:54 PM

Apr 2015
Anyone else getting Mikado Ryuganime vibes from Nagai? Which is not a bad thing at all, liking how he's turning up so far and this series as a whole. Never watched the movie but seeing this first might not be so bad. Damn that whole escape had me on edge I thought he was going to be caught up there forever. The hat guy is pretty crazy, and Nagai seems to have gotten away.
Wonder what was up with those flashbacks, and where kei's heading now.
Feb 21, 2016 9:11 PM

Aug 2015
What a good episode! I really liked the fight between Kei and Satou's IBM
so badass
Feb 21, 2016 9:47 PM

Jan 2015
chakracat said:
Mascera said:

Not really a spoiler but

Aahh, so that's why Satou got really good with using gun.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 21, 2016 10:13 PM

Jan 2016
Kei's personality <3
fuck you satou, you're a badass yes, but fuck you
more interesting development :D
The whole episode I was hoping Kei would kill himself to regain strength, happy he didn't :')
glad middle doc died, he was trash, and died trash.
I't seems other's IBM (I keep thinking the tech company) are 1:1 while Kei's is his own boss <3
Kei was called logical and heartless while he saves bitches? Kei-Senpaiiii!!!

Feb 21, 2016 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode.
Kei willing to help out those researchers even though they tortured him.
Kei betraying Satou and shooting him.
Cool to see another fight between two IBM's. Looks like there is a way to kill an Ajin.
Kei just managing to jump into the river and escape.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 21, 2016 11:08 PM

Sep 2015
Real fucking good episode. Real kei and his crazy ghost were fun to watch. 5/5
Feb 22, 2016 12:19 AM

May 2013
Out of this and Boku Dake for AOTS. Great episode as usual.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Feb 22, 2016 12:45 AM

Dec 2013
I don't get why the little sister looked all worried about Kei at the end there... doesn't she hate him?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 22, 2016 5:13 AM
Feb 2016
Fkkk kei dude ! Dude showing true nature, shootin satou while smilin and shiet then you got the part where he wanted the scientist that helped him to die. Fk this guy!!!
Feb 22, 2016 5:28 AM

Mar 2014
Uhm... WFT just happened to Kei's personality?

They just pulled that "He actually couldn't give less of a shit, he's just pretending to care" BS out of nowhere?

This is literally Tokyo Ghoul level of "character development" – eleven episodes without any development whatsoever and then suddenly WABOOM! a complete 180

Inconsistency at its finest
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 22, 2016 6:19 AM
Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Uhm... WFT just happened to Kei's personality?

They just pulled that "He actually couldn't give less of a shit, he's just pretending to care" BS out of nowhere?

This is literally Tokyo Ghoul level of "character development" – eleven episodes without any development whatsoever and then suddenly WABOOM! a complete 180

Inconsistency at its finest

Kei's personality was hinted from ep 1.
Beside, Ajin not similar TG.
This is manga: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/ajin/c012/38.html
itachan1995Feb 22, 2016 6:27 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.