Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2013
They rushed Satoru and Kenya scene on the stairs
Feb 18, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2015
Lordwen said:
moodie said:
a. its always been convenient since the power in itself is rewriting mistakes. if u didnt see that from the first episode, congratulations you played yourself

b. character behavior being questionable adds a layer of mystery. if they character were acting normal we would have another anime now would we. dont project ur own behavior onto anime.

c. take a course in writing and understand the importance of cliffhangers and why for a weekly show cliffhangers are used.
Ah well, don't even try to explain how Revival works by yourself. The show is already pretty good in leaving that aside, because doing so at this point would be worse than just ignoring it.

Character behaviour being questionable comes from inconsistant writting. How Kayo agreeds to get locked there without any further explanations (like if you could explain that to her anyway) when she was against him getting involved in her issues as seen in previous episodes. How Kenya is so collaborative with Satoru after he prevented him to kill Kayo's mother.. And I can keep going, I'm not being nitpicking. Also it has nothing to do with mistery, actually the more realistic behaviours, the easier to get engaged in any mistery, romance,... The only time questionable behaviours can work (not always, though) is in certain types of comedies.

And you don't need a cliffhanger in every single episode to make a good show, when overused is just a very cheap resource. Specially if said scene only lasts like 5 seconds.

Maybe she thinks staying away from the abuse from her parents is better?
Kenya is collaborating with him and wants to protect him as well?
Feb 18, 2016 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
My god, that cliffhanger...

Great stuff tho. I was hoping for Kenya to show up for some more plot (being in the opening and all). Just hope he's not some antagonist in the end..?! (Not impossible, that is).

... This is gonna be a looooooooong week to wait.
Feb 18, 2016 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode.

I bet you it's Satou's mom entering the bus.

Was is just me or did Kenya say that he actually liked Kayo but was too afraid to say anything?

That being said, what if Satou is actually the one that killed Kayo? We see he was capable of doing anything for the ones he loved and had the red eyes. Then, in the future it was Kenya that killed Satou's mom and framed him out of revenge. Oh, and framed his stuttering friend too.
Feb 18, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
it's revival time baby and Kenya started to notice something is wrong
Feb 18, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2014
Will.
That.
Happen.
Again?
Feb 18, 2016 2:23 PM

Apr 2013

I'd expect nothing less. Another week of worrying for my poor loli Kayo.
Feb 18, 2016 2:30 PM

Nov 2015
Oh god that cliffhanger, its killing me.

Kayo and Satoru interacting is cute as always. :) Kenya is one perceptive kid though. This episode felt kinda long for me.
Feb 18, 2016 2:47 PM

Dec 2015
I guess that red eyes may be the sign of murderous intents. "People who can kill" had them, like Satoru in this episode, Kayo's "father" and the killer ofc. If I remember correctly there were moments when Kenya had red eyes, and that is bothering.

About Yuuki's reaction. Wasn't his father also the suspect in this case? But he didn't want to say anything against him. If his father was interested in Kayo and Yuuki suspected that something is wrong, he could react weirdly, hearing about her. Especially if he was a nice guy who couldn't go against his commiting crimes father (what would make him kind of less nice). Generally I wouldn't be suprised if it was a red herring nor if Yuuki's father killed that girl from another school.

Anyway, I hope this won't be the case ^^
And that this is Satoru's mother and not the killer. She wouldn't just do nothing after witnessing Satoru sneaking out at night, would she? And she's smart enough to wear clothes that at night would make her look different (more like a man) in case she was spotted by somebody? (just pure hope, not a theory)

Now after watching each episode I wonder if they cut out some big portion of manga to fit the anime format better. I guess it's the first anime that I couldn't decide whether I should read the manga before knowing the culprit, to have full experience, or finish the anime first, because it's awesome and it also would be a shame to know the rest of the story. Especially if some cuts are coming. I'm going to stick to the anime, I'd rather spend more time thinking about story than less. And I beared with such cliffhangers already...
Feb 18, 2016 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
Lordwen said:
Ah well, don't even try to explain how Revival works by yourself. The show is already pretty good in leaving that aside, because doing so at this point would be worse than just ignoring it.

Character behaviour being questionable comes from inconsistant writting. How Kayo agreeds to get locked there without any further explanations (like if you could explain that to her anyway) when she was against him getting involved in her issues as seen in previous episodes. How Kenya is so collaborative with Satoru after he prevented him to kill Kayo's mother.. And I can keep going, I'm not being nitpicking. Also it has nothing to do with mistery, actually the more realistic behaviours, the easier to get engaged in any mistery, romance,... The only time questionable behaviours can work (not always, though) is in certain types of comedies.

And you don't need a cliffhanger in every single episode to make a good show, when overused is just a very cheap resource. Specially if said scene only lasts like 5 seconds.

Even if they are kids, they know that Kayo's mother is abusing her and she is suffering. Their reasons are implied, they don't need to have a conversation about how they are rescuing Kayo from her mother.

Kenya is still an undeveloped character, so I don't think we can say his attitude is inconsistent or unrealistic right now. We need to know more about him.

I agree with you about the cliffhangers though. This anime is seriously overusing that resource.
Feb 18, 2016 2:51 PM

Dec 2015
So it's back to the past again, and it played out different this time, it was a great episode, but that fucking cliffhanger... FUCK, next ep....

Feb 18, 2016 3:00 PM

May 2009
Fu*king cliffhangers man! My heart can't take this anymore >< How can I wait another week...
I hope that person was his mother visiting Kayo... not that it makes much sense, but a guy can hope :/
Feb 18, 2016 3:09 PM
Jul 2014
7thFonon said:
Drake1000 said:

He never lent Satoru a book, he was just testing him.

oops, I guess I should say, "pretended to lend Satoru". :P

But that aside, the main question that bugs me, is what kind of story does that book contain (regardless of it being a test)?

He could have just said, that book I lent you, but he actually gave a specific title and author. Which leads my to believe something within that story is linked to what's going on in this show.

I've just checked, Kenya says it's a short story by Poe called "The Switched Man". But I have the full collection of short stories by Poe and that story doesn't exist. Google doesn't give me more result...so I would say it's either the sub team being lazy and not checking what the original title is, or he just made that title up on the spot (which would not be that surprising since I doubt a lot of 10 year old kids read Poe ?)
Now on the other hand if someone has an idea of what story it could be...? I haven't read them all but that title doesn't evoke much. Maybe |i]William Wilson[/i] but extreeeemely remotely...on the other hand, "the Switched Man" and "The Town Where Only I Am Missing/Erased" being linked would make more sense I guess ?
Feb 18, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
moodie said:
a. ya u did miss something. u missed the fact that never before was he able to go back more than 5 to 10 minutes so thinking that this is his last chance is obviously obvious. also if he fails and goes back into the present then he is already in handcuffs. it seems like the revival works in mysterious ways and from the last couple of revival scenes they come from extreme circumstances. i doubt the revival can just come whenever. so im glad i can explain to u what u missed.
Ok, that's reasonable.
b. killing the mother would have drastically changed events. that what he was doing from the beginning. as long as the mother isnt there there possibly will be no fatal harm to kayo.
That still makes no sense. Killing her mom wouldn't stop the culprit from killing Kayo and even if it did, it wouldn't save anyone else. Isn't Satoru doing all this so that he can prevent his mom from dying? Simply saving Kayo and not catching whoever's going around kidnapping children isn't going to solve the problem.

KonoYume said:
So you assume he should let Hinazuki die like that? For the investigation? -_-
Do you think a kid could kill a full grown adult? And what if he let that happen then what's the point of going back in time? Just to let the murders happen without any evidence leading to the killer since he's an expert at framing people?
You misunderstood. I'm saying he should have let the events play as they had until the birthday party, then bring her home like normal, hide in the hut, wait for her mom to beat her and throw her in that place and then wait for when the killer shows up so he can ambush him from behind with a knife or something. That would literally solve everything.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 18, 2016 3:14 PM

Nov 2014
Poor Kenya... He nearly cried in this episode and theres still so many people suspecting this poor kid. :'(
FramDzi said:
Why did Kenya pretend to have lent a book to Satoru in this timeline? How the few time between the point where Satoru has came back in time to the part where he asks about the book has changed so that he would ask it in this timeline but not in the previous one?

Because he wants to test satoru. Since satoru was acting weird, kenya lied about the book on purpose to see if satoru is still the satoru he knew. Thats why afterwards he asks "who are you?"
Even small actions can cause significance changes.
BennyDelon said:
I agree with you about the cliffhangers though. This anime is seriously overusing that resource.

The cliffhangers are all necessary to the plot though. Its better to think of them as "a preview of the next episode".
Feb 18, 2016 3:16 PM

Dec 2010
OMG watching this show is so stressful!!!

And the cliffhanger.... arrghHHHhhHHHH...

Satoru and Kayo look so cute together
Feb 18, 2016 3:21 PM
Nov 2013
Aereldor said:
Well, everyone, I believe I have a theory. No, I have not read the manga, but there was some obvious symbolism in this last episode that sort of gives it away.

Dear manga readers, your verification of this theory is not welcome. Leave it to the speculation of those who have kept up with this great show so far, and have the courtesy not to spoil it for anyone.

If anybody who hasn't read the manga wishes to discuss this theory with me, feel free to send me a message. Please avoid from posting it as a comment on my profile for the sake of those who haven't yet seen even the first seven episodes of the show.

This guy gets it.
Seconded (not a manga reader)
Feb 18, 2016 3:25 PM

Dec 2015
geralt said:
moodie said:
a. ya u did miss something. u missed the fact that never before was he able to go back more than 5 to 10 minutes so thinking that this is his last chance is obviously obvious. also if he fails and goes back into the present then he is already in handcuffs. it seems like the revival works in mysterious ways and from the last couple of revival scenes they come from extreme circumstances. i doubt the revival can just come whenever. so im glad i can explain to u what u missed.
Ok, that's reasonable.
b. killing the mother would have drastically changed events. that what he was doing from the beginning. as long as the mother isnt there there possibly will be no fatal harm to kayo.
That still makes no sense. Killing her mom wouldn't stop the culprit from killing Kayo and even if it did, it wouldn't save anyone else. Isn't Satoru doing all this so that he can prevent his mom from dying? Simply saving Kayo and not catching whoever's going around kidnapping children isn't going to solve the problem.

KonoYume said:
So you assume he should let Hinazuki die like that? For the investigation? -_-
Do you think a kid could kill a full grown adult? And what if he let that happen then what's the point of going back in time? Just to let the murders happen without any evidence leading to the killer since he's an expert at framing people?
You misunderstood. I'm saying he should have let the events play as they had until the birthday party, then bring her home like normal, hide in the hut, wait for her mom to beat her and throw her in that place and then wait for when the killer shows up so he can ambush him from behind with a knife or something. That would literally solve everything.

And then what kill him? Do you think that would solve anything? That would just make him a criminal the supposed killer a victim. Well sure that would be save them. That would be sacrifice at this point. Yea that stands.
Feb 18, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Kenya helping now will be too cool!
This final arghhhhh
Feb 18, 2016 3:28 PM
Jan 2009
I'm praying that it's Satoru's mom that's entering the bus. If Kayo keeps getting killed, I don't want to think that it's as if she's meant to die no matter what Satoru and co. does. And if she goes, everyone will be right back where they started and the killer would still be a mystery, too.
Feb 18, 2016 3:32 PM

Mar 2012
Satoru should've pushed Yuuki down the stairs so that no one would suspect him.

fullmetal212 said:
Is it just me or is there something off about Yuuki. I suspect him as much as I suspect the teacher
He's a pedophile.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 18, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2015
This is probably one of the best animes i've ever seen without a doubt
Feb 18, 2016 3:44 PM

Sep 2015
So he goes back in time with THE POWER OF WILL

Nah...I don't buy it

3/5 just for the cliffhanger

Edit: 266 people gave it a 5/5!! What have you done MAL?
-Senpai-Feb 18, 2016 3:48 PM
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 18, 2016 3:47 PM

Mar 2013
My bet as an only anime viewer :
What we see at the end of this ep is the killer.
The killer is the teacher. Why ? He's the person who can watch everybody in the class, he knows every information the killer needs to know. Always asking if Kayo is late.
Kenya was suspicious, but he is just a smart kid, nothing more I guess. I'm starting to believe that Satoru's power is unique, no one else can rewind time. Therefore, with this previous point, the only one that can overwatch those kids is the teacher. He is in an easy position to abduct children.
I guess Satoru will achieve what he's trying to do and distort reality. It's really steins;gate-ish. I guess people (him included) will lose memory and such
Feb 18, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2016
I almost cried at first when Satoru kept saying "Go back !" desperetly...
This episode was great as expected, so cute *_*
Those endless cliffhangers though !
Feb 18, 2016 3:55 PM

Aug 2014
Because I not read the manga I don't know how it goes. But it is obvious from the previous episode when Satoru does go through a revival. But the scene Satoru screaming inwardly actually made me laugh. The scene when Satoru and Kayo awoke also made me laugh.

Mystery in this episode is about the teacher. I wonder who he really is, and what he would do. Also the mysterious man that comes into the bus. It could be a killer, someone on the phone, or maybe just people who ride the break.

The story is difficult to guess.
Feb 18, 2016 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
They rushed a lot in the beginning, skipped some important parts between Satoru and Kenya's conversation, but other than that, it was a good episode like always, next week is gonna be fun
Feb 18, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
-Senpai- said:

Nah...I don't buy it

Yup, I agree. The shows still awesome, but it'll be better if they can explain how the revival works especially if he's invoking it of his own free will now.
Feb 18, 2016 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
OT: Okay episode but nothing amazing tbh. As always though, cliffhanger city.

-Senpai- said:

Nah...I don't buy it

Welcome to the hype that is a show. Feels like Shigatsu/OPM all over again but worse.
Feb 18, 2016 4:03 PM
Mar 2013
How I feel after seeing this episode:
Feb 18, 2016 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
These folks just love cliffhangers don't they 😧 . Whats Satoru thinking taking Kayos mum out of the picture, he'll be no better than a murderer. Cant he just get help from a grown up, like his mum for example. MC behaviour doesn't make much sense now.
Feb 18, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2016
Josh said:
He's a pedophile.

Imo, the fact that Yuuki got nervous when Satoru asked him about Kayo is pretty suspicious, but a pedophile ? I don't really know. According to Satoru memories, Yuuki is "a good person". Besides, Satoru often spends some time in his house but he never tried anything pervert.
Feb 18, 2016 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
Please let the one entering the bus be Satoru Mom.

T-T
Feb 18, 2016 4:20 PM
Mar 2013

EMIYA OST Intensifies. And he even has the same shirt as Shirou.
Feb 18, 2016 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
Josh said:
He's a pedophile.

Just because an adult male likes to play with children and has childish hobbies, doesnt mean he is a pedophile. He never tried anything with Satoru and was always very respectful.

Anyway...I love Kenya, really, he is a great bro.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 18, 2016 4:23 PM

Jun 2011
I think it's time for me to change my score to a 10.
Feb 18, 2016 4:28 PM

Jan 2016
this episode 5/5 no doubt. only 5 more episodes left. hope they won't rush to the end.
Feb 18, 2016 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
Always leaves me hanging, wanting more. Another great episode.
Feb 18, 2016 4:46 PM

Sep 2011
Cliffhanger: the animation
I really wanted to wait until the series is finished but I just can't...
Feb 18, 2016 4:49 PM

Nov 2014
-Senpai- said:

Nah...I don't buy it

people like it that way tbh, time travel with no explanations whatsoever is like candy to kids people... anyhow i'll be waiting for the next episodes so that i can taste the salt of most people after episode 9-10
Feb 18, 2016 4:56 PM

Apr 2015
goddamn cliffhanger makes me wanna throw my tv out the window.

ahh i love kenya in this episode.

the only issue i had was the random use of revival. how come he could will himself to use it at that very moment and not before? i didn't understand that.
Feb 18, 2016 4:59 PM
Apr 2012
xXKeikoChanXx said:
7thFonon said:

oops, I guess I should say, "pretended to lend Satoru". :P

But that aside, the main question that bugs me, is what kind of story does that book contain (regardless of it being a test)?

He could have just said, that book I lent you, but he actually gave a specific title and author. Which leads my to believe something within that story is linked to what's going on in this show.

I've just checked, Kenya says it's a short story by Poe called "The Switched Man". But I have the full collection of short stories by Poe and that story doesn't exist. Google doesn't give me more result...so I would say it's either the sub team being lazy and not checking what the original title is, or he just made that title up on the spot (which would not be that surprising since I doubt a lot of 10 year old kids read Poe ?)
Now on the other hand if someone has an idea of what story it could be...? I haven't read them all but that title doesn't evoke much. Maybe |i]William Wilson[/i] but extreeeemely remotely...on the other hand, "the Switched Man" and "The Town Where Only I Am Missing/Erased" being linked would make more sense I guess ?

It is indeed just another case of a lazy translator. I'm pretty sure the Poe story in question is 'A Man of the Crowd'. Reading it again with the relationship between Kenya and Satoru in mind certainly provided me with a few interesting points to ponder about. I'm definitely recommending the read. Especially since it it is pretty short and easily available on the net.
Feb 18, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
so much blushing!,these endings are the worst lol

wonder who the"killer" was following to find out the hideout my money is on Hiromi since he was suppose to be dead by now right.

and with how much of a bro Kenya is it would break my heart if he turned out bad part of me still can't trust him or the teacher 100%.
Feb 18, 2016 5:02 PM

Oct 2015
Wth, am I going to witness Hinazuki die for the 3rd time? D:

Haven't read the manga.

Who's this guy? Do you think he's the killer?

Feb 18, 2016 5:03 PM

Apr 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!!!! WHY DOES THIS SHOW TORTURE US LIKE THIS?!?!
Feb 18, 2016 5:10 PM

Jul 2015
What a cliffhanger... I assume that the person at the end is Satoru's mother. She saw him leave the house and could have easily followed them, not sure though :/
Feb 18, 2016 5:11 PM
Nov 2014
Another great episode
and cliffhanger cliffhanger everywhere
Feb 18, 2016 5:17 PM

May 2012
idk how to feel about this show atm... the time jump for no reason was kinda bullshit again... but hey.. plot devices op, but other than that it was an ok episode, that cliffhanger was terribad tho
Feb 18, 2016 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
for some reason im suspecting kenya, he knows too much
Feb 18, 2016 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
Satoru gave Yuuki an alibi; then "kidnapped" Kayo; so Im guessing this time when he fastforwards to present time, he'll be blamed for the elementary murders as well.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.