Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2016 5:31 PM

Oct 2015
'Can I abduct you right now?', smooth Fujinuma, smooth.

I think it's a great move by Fujinuma to make Hinazuki escape her house for a longer period as opposed to just a day; she'll probably be abused to death eventually if that happens, but the problem is how long can he keep her there.

Now that Fujinuma has Kenya and Hiromi part of the team, I do hope it gets easier (probably not). Then the cliffhanger. Right now we only know Fujinuma and friends now about Hinazuki's location, perhaps his mom too but who stepped into the van doesn't resemble any of them; it looks like an adult male to me. I hope it's not the killer this time around. The teacher though in this episode, so suspicious, even the producers made a normal conversation by him into something shady.

P.S.: Holy crap, Satoru wth the red eyes. Luckily we have Kenya preventing him from doing something rash. Phew.
Feb 18, 2016 5:35 PM

Feb 2010
Aereldor said:
Well, everyone, I believe I have a theory. No, I have not read the manga, but there was some obvious symbolism in this last episode that sort of gives it away.

Just curious--for what reason in your theory do you think that Kenya would become the accomplice to this plan? I know it's not a primary concern to think of motives, but rather look at evidence first, but this is actually a very applicable question.

From Kenya's discussion with Satoru, the boy has keen eyes and, yes, would be a very good informant as you describe, however he mentioned how he saw Kayo's bruises and wanted to do something about it. But he had not done anything about it. I think the boy has demonstrated genuine concern for Kayo, and him feeding information to the teacher doesn't seem to make sense.

When Kenya talked to the teacher, yes, of course that raises suspicions however that was also in a different timeline. In that timeline, Kenya did not have Satoru to talk to and Satoru is now giving Kenya information. It's possible that when he spoke with the teacher Kenya was asking for information about Kayo since no one else seemed to have noticed and he wanted to do something.

Now, the situation has changed and he has an opportunity to aid in saving her. That's what I believe, at least.
I genuinely think that Kenya has, so far, demonstrated sincerity as a friend to Satoru and has demonstrated that
he has a not only a keen sense in general, but of justice. I don't possibly see him purposely contributing to the situation
in any way, not at least from what we have been presented about Kenya so far.

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Satoru gave Yuuki an alibi; then "kidnapped" Kayo; so Im guessing this time when he fastforwards to present time, he'll be blamed for the elementary murders as well.

My thoughts exactly. If the person that did enter the bus was indeed the killer, then the situation is set up for him
and Satoru will obviously be the one blamed. I mean literally did all the preparation work for the killer.
EarlCielFeb 18, 2016 5:42 PM
Feb 18, 2016 5:36 PM
May 2012
I swear sometime around week 10 one of these cliffhangers is going to kill me!

Such a great episode but aargh that ending!

"Can I abduct you" was about the cutest thing I have heard
Feb 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
This episode makes me believe the teacher is not only the killer but he is also the mastermind behind all the murders, he controls people with low esteem like Yuuki to help him gather the kids, kill them and when the police shows up he simple puts the all fault on one of his ''accomplices''.
Feb 18, 2016 5:44 PM
Feb 2016
Una de dos: o es un profesor de la escuela que se la encuentra, o es el asesino.

En cualquier caso sospecho del profesor desde el principio. Y cada vez sospecho más. Los ojos del asesino son brillantes, dudo que los ojos sean realmente rojos, y la escena en la que los ojos del profesor pasa a dos farolas me hace dudar más. Además, sin duda es alguien que conoce, como tantas veces ha repetido al volver al futuro.

Luego, creo que los ojos rojos del asesino no son rojos de verdad, simplemente se los ponen así para hacer la escena especial, creo que ha pasado en más ocasiones con otros personajes, aunque no sabría decir en qué parte.

Y una última cosa: si el asesino quiso incriminar a Yuuki y él se puso así de nervioso, la clave no hubiera sido enfocarse más en eso?
Feb 18, 2016 5:45 PM

Nov 2014
Good episode, but they really need to speed things up...

Feb 18, 2016 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
Was really hoping this episode would end on a good note but of course some random guy had to enter that bus during the ending.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it it could be Satoru's mother, she was
awake when Satoru went to that bus the first time.
RainesFeb 18, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 18, 2016 5:51 PM

May 2015
I am so happy that the setting is back in 1988! Kenya's confrontation with Satoru took the plot the way I wanted it to. I'm glad that someone noticed something was off with Satoru. Also, that scene with Kayo and Satoru was so cute! Then of course, we get a cliffhanger...
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Feb 18, 2016 5:52 PM
Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:

What? No! That's the best of the plot! The mistery must go slow!
Feb 18, 2016 5:56 PM

Jul 2009
It's so hard to not go to read manga right now... I can't stop seeing Kayo dying a gruesome death thanks to my vivid imagination TT_TT Damn cliffhanger.

Also Kenya is sweet, but suspicious as hell. I mean that question about the non-existent book...
Feb 18, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2015
Aw shit, fucking cliffangers.
Feb 18, 2016 6:07 PM

Feb 2010
namea said:

Also Kenya is sweet, but suspicious as hell. I mean that question about the non-existent book...

T__T I get everyone's suspicions about Kenya because of his conversation with the teacher in the other timeline, and his questions...but in my eyes Kenya is literally an angel, so innocent.

Kenya asked the question about the non-existent book because Satoru jumped back to a time where Kenya already had suspicions about him. When he confronted Satoru about how he thinks he's been acting "serious" lately, it was an ongoing observation he had. So when he asked that question, it was to confirm his suspicious behaviour once and for all, because he honestly did not think this person was acting like Satoru at all.

But when he asked Satoru, "Who are you?" Satoru replied in a way unique to his character, and Kenya trusted in what he said because they are such close friends. I don't see why people find this suspicious. While it is true that he does seem quite mature for his age, and "sneaky" I guess because you never know 100% his motives or what he is thinking, I still think he's guilt free.

When he talked about noticing Kayo's bruises and feeling powerless to do anything, I really saw the sincerity in him. He even cried for whatever reason and wanted to do something to help bring justice too. He even stopped Satoru who was probably actually going to push Kayo's mom down the stairs and murder her. I honestly believe in Kenya.
Feb 18, 2016 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
yaitinyai said:
ExTamplier said:
There is a lot of manga they have to push into last 5 episodes.

Feb 18, 2016 6:11 PM

Dec 2014
Another nice episode. I really love all the moments Kayo and Satoru share, It's so sweet but it also makes me really anxious as to what will happen next.
Like with THAT ending, I really hope nothing bad happens :(

Nice that Satoru asked Kenya for help and both of them are working towards saving Kayo.
Feb 18, 2016 6:14 PM

Oct 2011
Everything was going s well until that cliffhanger OMFG !!!!!!
Feb 18, 2016 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
Gotta love how they were going at 2.5 chapters an episode and then went and butchered 7 chapters into one episode. That's some next level rushing, but seeing as how the anime is only getting 12 episodes... Yeah, rushing to happen.

ExTamplier said:
yaitinyai said:

:^). RIP pacing.
Feb 18, 2016 6:25 PM

Jul 2014
The only anime where I hope everytime that nothing happens, but in the last 10 seconds they always leave you with that twist of sadness…
Fino alla fine…
Feb 18, 2016 6:26 PM

Nov 2015
Love this episode, I was hoping they'd get back to 1988 soon. The ending made me hope they accidentally released the next fully subbed episode a week early...

I'm still wondering why he hasn't told his mom the truth yet. It'd be an easy thing to prove that he's from the future and I feel like she'd accept it without too much trouble.
Feb 18, 2016 6:31 PM
Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:
yaitinyai said:

Well, you're right in that. But I don't know, maybe it has an unexpected end that really don't need to speed things. Or maybe I'm expecting too much.
Feb 18, 2016 6:38 PM

Nov 2014
yaitinyai said:
ExTamplier said:

Well, you're right in that. But I don't know, maybe it has an unexpected end that really don't need to speed things. Or maybe I'm expecting too much.

It's more like dragging content. The manga has prolonged moments that could be harmlessly skipped or shortened, it's what happened in this chapter.

Feb 18, 2016 6:46 PM

Nov 2014
Hisokath said:
yaitinyai said:
It's more like dragging content. The manga has prolonged moments that could be harmlessly skipped or shortened, it's what happened in this chapter.
I thought they skipped some important parts, from what I can remember. The show needs to me at least 13 episodes long...

Feb 18, 2016 6:50 PM

Jul 2015
These cliffhangers aren't healthy for my kokoro...
Feb 18, 2016 6:53 PM

Nov 2014
Here-Hear said:
Bad for your what?

Feb 18, 2016 6:55 PM

Nov 2014
ExTamplier said:
Here-Hear said:
Bad for your what?

His doki-doki, you baka.

Feb 18, 2016 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
What the... Is Kayo gonna be murdered again. I am starting to suspect sensei. Don't know why .. Maybe because of the eyes
Feb 18, 2016 6:58 PM

Nov 2014
Hisokath said:
ExTamplier said:
Bad for your what
His doki-doki, you baka.
Those weeaboo, god damn.

Feb 18, 2016 6:58 PM
Feb 2016
It would suck if the teacher was the killer..... BTW read the manga it has a lot of little details the show misses that really can change the whole way you see this anime.
Feb 18, 2016 7:04 PM

Nov 2014
ExTamplier said:
Hisokath said:
His doki-doki, you baka.
Those weeaboo, god damn.

You're just upset that we know Japanese and you don't.

Feb 18, 2016 7:04 PM
Feb 2016
Anyone have any guesses so far on who the mistery person coming into the bus was? I would assume its satoru's mother who wonders where he goes in the morning and followed footprints from the snow. Or maybe just the killer
Feb 18, 2016 7:08 PM
Dec 2012
Number_XIII said:
Anyone have any guesses so far on who the mistery person coming into the bus was? I would assume its satoru's mother who wonders where he goes in the morning and followed footprints from the snow. Or maybe just the killer

I was under the impression it was Yuuki. The backpack and outfit would be something he wears.
Feb 18, 2016 7:09 PM

Jul 2015
Hisokath said:
ExTamplier said:
Those weeaboo, god damn.

^ It's just simple Japanese. We all know the real weaboo here is you, Ex.
Feb 18, 2016 7:10 PM

Apr 2015
Idk why everyone is nitpicking about where revival came from or how it works. It's anime, you think they're gonna use logic? Just enjoy the show lol.
Feb 18, 2016 7:15 PM

Apr 2009
This twelve episode format is driving me nuts. So much is being skipped and rushed. Holy cow.
Feb 18, 2016 7:21 PM

May 2014
#Average #Overrated #Bad-Writing

Anime fans always have to have a spectacular, clear-cut Anime Of The Season. That is: Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade works, One Punch Man, Attack On Titan, Death Parade, No Game No Life, Sword Art Online... the list goes on. Rarely do any anime nowadays live up to the hype it receives especially what is considered Anime Of The Season.

This is not any different than the others.

I do not have much time in my hands to write anything more than in-conclusion.
Erased is an average, yet massively overrated show with bad writing, plot holes, contrived conveniences, and predictable setups. It has the style of modern anime like good animation or good character designs but it doesn't have enough substance to be considered good.
Feb 18, 2016 7:30 PM
Feb 2016
At this point, the cliffhangers at the end of each episode is getting predictable. Don't want them to go for the Game of Thrones route and adding in shock-value just for the sake of it with the formulaic "calm before the storm" in-between. I'm still willing to forgive it at this point if it only adds to the development of the plot (which the series has for the most part), but I'm willing to blame for the series being condensed to 12 episodes ultimately.

Anyways, good to have an ERASED episode in the past timeline again. Those are always more intriguing than the present period for me.

I don't know what could be worse for a mystery medium; everyone knowing who the serial killer is from very early on or pull an ass-pull at the end of a series to reveal some random person as the killer. The Devil film is the worst offender for the latter.
Feb 18, 2016 7:34 PM
Feb 2016
Chickened said:
#Average #Overrated #Bad-Writing

Anime fans always have to have a spectacular, clear-cut Anime Of The Season. That is: Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade works, One Punch Man, Attack On Titan, Death Parade, No Game No Life, Sword Art Online... the list goes on. Rarely do any anime nowadays live up to the hype it receives especially what is considered Anime Of The Season.

This is not any different than the others.

I do not have much time in my hands to write anything more than in-conclusion.
Erased is an average, yet massively overrated show with bad writing, plot holes, contrived conveniences, and predictable setups. It has the style of modern anime like good animation or good character designs but it doesn't have enough substance to be considered good.

I'm pretty generous when it comes to giving anime good scores, but even I know for certain that Sword Art Online isn't exactly cream of the crop.
Feb 18, 2016 7:38 PM

Feb 2013
plot twist, it's just satoru's mom at the ending cuz she followed him there.
There is the scene where she is still awake as he leaves the house at night as proof.
Although the clothing does seem to be that of a guy's, but could also be used to deceive us.
Feb 18, 2016 7:43 PM
Apr 2010
Ok this is getting really weird. Seriously, who is that killer? He's seriously out to get either A) make history happen (the way it should be? - Where the characters have to die), or B) Has a really big vendetta against the MC, and maybe has the same powers? It doesn't make sense to me...
Feb 18, 2016 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
Here-Hear said:
Hisokath said:
Dude, I will cut you with my katana, and it is a real katana! I practice kendo every day!

Feb 18, 2016 7:47 PM
Aug 2015
Such a heartwarming episode, this was a great episode to watch before sleeping. Cup of noodles, winter and a cozy school bus... I wish I could have that kind of hideout~!
Feb 18, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
Welp, it would have been too easy. Quick! Revival! Do the revival thing!

These characters are all so cute. SatouKayo is super cute, Kenya view on heroes was really cute, Satou motivation is cute. Everything is cute. And then, BAM. Creepy murderer appear. Goddamn mysterious murderer. It's like Kayo is targeted by Death itself.

I'm glad that there was nothing suspicious about Kenya, except that he's pretty smart.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 18, 2016 7:55 PM

Nov 2014
Many seemed confused about satorums revival ability. Lets make it clear, in this anime, he canNOT control his ability. In this episode the directors purposely made us believe that he can control this ability by making the revival happen right after satoru shouted "go back!" But last episode we already saw the butterfly before satoru's breakdown, meaning the revival is gonna happen no matter what, not caused by Satpru's "willpower".

It was explained in the first episode that revival only happens whenever something bad is gonna happen. Satoru's mom got murdered, triggering the revival. Hinazuki got killed, triggering the revival. And now, Satoru's going to jail, triggering the revival. The ability use was very consistent. I don't see how some can't understand that and think the revival is bullshit. :(
Feb 18, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2015
ExTamplier said:
Here-Hear said:
Dude, I will cut you with my katana, and it is a real katana! I practice kendo every day!

Yeah? Well, I own two! And everyone knows two is better than one!
Feb 18, 2016 8:12 PM

Sep 2013
This is really starting to be more like steins;gate I think the major difference between the two is in steins;gate the repercussions of changing the past even just a little greatly impacted the present literally changing the world. It does seem that Kayo will be killed again and this might not be the last time Satoru will use revival. Is it possible that the killer can also use revival?

Why must it always end in a cliffhanger.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 18, 2016 8:25 PM
Jan 2016
So the revival begin .satoru ask for the help form his smart friend and hiromi .satoru hide kayo but still the killer came.so i guess one of them have betrayal them .
Feb 18, 2016 8:26 PM

Apr 2012
GODDAMN CLIFFHANGER

If I wasn't in public when I watched this I would be screaming in frustration
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 18, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2009
Ultranumbed said:
One thing I didn't like is how he didn't explain why it's his final chance

I was wondering that too. Does he actually know its the last chance as a fact or does he just guess its the last because it just seems unlikely he can keep trying. I assumed the latter.
Feb 18, 2016 8:34 PM

May 2011
Looks like there's hints that
was the killer hmm...

Well I'm really too used to cliffhanger now (from other animes) so I guess I don't really feel as much frustration as the rest of you do =P
Feb 18, 2016 8:37 PM

May 2011
Inugirlz said:
Ultranumbed said:
One thing I didn't like is how he didn't explain why it's his final chance

I was wondering that too. Does he actually know its the last chance as a fact or does he just guess its the last because it just seems unlikely he can keep trying. I assumed the latter.

It's probably his guess because once he returns to his own timeline he's going get charge for murder/cause fire etc. which is probably death sentence (going down the same route as all the other victims that the murderer had set up for them).
Feb 18, 2016 8:55 PM

Aug 2009
Time to go back to the past! Getting a definite Steins;Gate vibe, and that’s good company to keep.

The supposed lent book, The Switched Man, doesn’t seem to be a real-life creation of Poe’s. If it were just a title that Kenya made up, he’s pretty damn good at hitting dramatic irony on the nose. (*cough* Satoru is a switched man…) Kenya hits it again later a little bit more clearly, in that he thinks another personality has been added. I doubt that Kenya has any super-powers though.

I do have a thought about Satoru’s plan, and it’s not too much of a stretch. Being out in a remote place like that has its advantages. When Satoru and Co. leave Kayo there for the night by herself, it could be as bait. Would he go that far? Satoru did say in the opening that it didn’t have to be graceful, it just has to work. If he could understand that the killer is actively tailing Kayo, he has the upper hand in knowing that. Otherwise, we’ve got another dead Hinazuki to add to the time-loop death list.

Nice acting there Satoru - you knew it was coming!
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.