Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Feb 17, 2016 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Hello!

My suggestion is that we should be able to add the status 'completed' without every episode from an anime or chapter form a manga.
The main reason M'm using MAL instead of a notepad or excel is so that I can see the total days and episodes -tho this is easy with excell too-.
Lets say there is naruto, which is 40% fillers, and i don't want to watch them. It would really really bother me to have the full episodes of naruto on my list, if I didn't watch 40% of it. Same goes for deducing the amount of episodes I didn't watch, but having the anime as a 'watching' or etc. status.
Adding it as a tag that I didn't watch x, y episodes won't work either since the episodes would still add on my list.

OR starting a manga/anime, after watching/reading its counterpart, and the user doesn't wants to start from the beginning.

Now for what could go wrong/amount of work?
I doubt it would be much work since the only thing which needs to be done is allowing users to have an anime/manga completed without the maximum amount of chapters/episodes.

Please consider this, would make the site better.

Regards.
 
#2
Feb 17, 2016 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 406
Yeah, just add it. You don't need to be so honest/humble not like anybody bats an eye.
 
#3
Feb 17, 2016 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 8879
You can change the chapters number after selecting completed (selecting completed will change the chapter number, but you can change it afterwards)
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
 
#4
Feb 18, 2016 1:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Delenai said:
Yeah, just add it. You don't need to be so honest/humble not like anybody bats an eye.

It's not about being honest, but it bothers me that my stats are wrong, and thats the reason i'm using this site.

@Eucli
@MortalMelancholy

Thank you, it works, didn't think about that:O Maybe because so far I only needed the feature with anime/manga I didn't finish yet. But I can just change it when its completed so that's fine.

Thanks for the aswers :)

EDIT: After experimenting a bit, when I do what you said, It counts the amount of episodes I saw on the total episode list, however if I go on my list it still shows the full number of episodes for the anime.
E.g I put in 150 episodes for naruto, it showed 220, BUT it was behind KHR on the list which is 203 episodes. This little bug should be fixed, that it shows the full number, then it would be perfect.
Modified by BestBoiEren, Feb 18, 2016 1:13 AM
 
#5
Feb 18, 2016 11:14 AM
Sanji Fangirl

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 24902
Just add to completed and pretend that you acutally watched every episode.
 
#6
Feb 18, 2016 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Chibi-Alice said:
Just add to completed and pretend that you acutally watched every episode.


But im using MAL to know how many days/ep i spent on anime... whats the point of doing that?..
 
#7
Feb 18, 2016 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
SkullProX said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Just add to completed and pretend that you acutally watched every episode.


But im using MAL to know how many days/ep i spent on anime... whats the point of doing that?..

Nah, That counter on your list wasn't accurate, so why bother?
Haters always gonna hate.
 
#8
Feb 18, 2016 12:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 13
SkullProX said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Just add to completed and pretend that you acutally watched every episode.


But im using MAL to know how many days/ep i spent on anime... whats the point of doing that?..
SkullProX said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Just add to completed and pretend that you acutally watched every episode.


But im using MAL to know how many days/ep i spent on anime... whats the point of doing that?..


Yah, It would be better if you could see how much time you spend on anime, that way if someone claims to know more about a specific series you can see they only spent a couple of hours and cant really judge the anime yet
Its over 9000!
 
#9
Feb 19, 2016 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
@Rayzer
What's not accurate? I believe it can add the number of episodes, and multiple them by the length to get the day.
 
Feb 20, 2016 7:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
SkullProX said:

What's not accurate? I believe it can add the number of episodes, and multiple them by the length to get the day.

Let's say an episode was 24 minutes long.
But you don't really watch it for 24 minutes since you pause or skip.
Well, Unless you are watching on a TV broadcast.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Feb 20, 2016 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Rayzer said:
SkullProX said:

What's not accurate? I believe it can add the number of episodes, and multiple them by the length to get the day.

Let's say an episode was 24 minutes long.
But you don't really watch it for 24 minutes since you pause or skip.
Well, Unless you are watching on a TV broadcast.


Well, usually I don't pause it, but even if I pause it, I do something ELSE in that time, and the time i spend on anime is really only 24 minutes. Even if i go eat in a middle of an episode, that time is not spent on anime, so it is accurate..
 
Feb 20, 2016 7:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 259
SkullProX said:
Rayzer said:

Let's say an episode was 24 minutes long.
But you don't really watch it for 24 minutes since you pause or skip.
Well, Unless you are watching on a TV broadcast.


Well, usually I don't pause it, but even if I pause it, I do something ELSE in that time, and the time i spend on anime is really only 24 minutes. Even if i go eat in a middle of an episode, that time is not spent on anime, so it is accurate..

So you've watched the opening and ending of every episode of anime you've ever seen without skipping at least once?
 
Feb 20, 2016 7:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
@SkullProX,
You sure? Man you are amazing. You understand whatever you are watching instantly huh?
Because It usually take 30 minutes for me to watch a 24 minutes long episode.
It's because I read the subtitle, whenever the dialog was short or fast and the subtitle was long.
Ein said:
SkullProX said:

Well, usually I don't pause it, but even if I pause it, I do something ELSE in that time, and the time i spend on anime is really only 24 minutes. Even if i go eat in a middle of an episode, that time is not spent on anime, so it is accurate..

So you've watched the opening and ending of every episode of anime you've ever seen without skipping at least once?

Exactly my point.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Feb 20, 2016 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
@Ein @Rayzer
Yes, I watch all of them... its part of the series..
 
Feb 20, 2016 8:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
SkullProX said:
@Ein @Rayzer
Yes, I watch all of them... its part of the series..

Yes, for you, but this site is not just for you.
It should be a suggestion that many users would benefit on it.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Feb 20, 2016 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 955
Calculate how many episodes of something you've seen and set the number of episodes watched as this value, then simply set it as completed. MAL stats will still count this entry as completed and the number of episodes seen will still contribute to the total number of episodes watched.

As far as I'm aware, the MALGraph may have some problems with calculating the average time spent on watching a specific genre if something of this kind occurs, but there really isn't a lot we can do about it here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 20, 2016 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Recuvan said:
Calculate how many episodes of something you've seen and set the number of episodes watched as this value, then simply set it as completed. MAL stats will still count this entry as completed and the number of episodes seen will still contribute to the total number of episodes watched.

As far as I'm aware, the MALGraph may have some problems with calculating the average time spent on watching a specific genre if something of this kind occurs, but there really isn't a lot we can do about it here.


I tried it out, but even tho it ranked the series at the correct place if i put my list in order of episodes, and it added the correct value, it still showed the full amount of episodes on the list. Thats the only problem :/
 
Feb 20, 2016 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
Rayzer said:
SkullProX said:
@Ein @Rayzer
Yes, I watch all of them... its part of the series..

Yes, for you, but this site is not just for you.
It should be a suggestion that many users would benefit on it.


I don't know how does this suggestion harm anyone in the community, and I think most of the people watch the openings/endings-.- But you go really offtopic, so please stop.
 
Feb 20, 2016 11:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 955
SkullProX said:
Recuvan said:
Calculate how many episodes of something you've seen and set the number of episodes watched as this value, then simply set it as completed. MAL stats will still count this entry as completed and the number of episodes seen will still contribute to the total number of episodes watched.

As far as I'm aware, the MALGraph may have some problems with calculating the average time spent on watching a specific genre if something of this kind occurs, but there really isn't a lot we can do about it here.


I tried it out, but even tho it ranked the series at the correct place if i put my list in order of episodes, and it added the correct value, it still showed the full amount of episodes on the list. Thats the only problem :/

It shows it, but doesn't count it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 20, 2016 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1882
@Recuvan

I know, but that's the thing which bothers me. I don't know if it's a bug, or it's intended. Would be nice if a team member would comment.
And I also don't know if I export my list, will the number of episodes saw, or the full amount be shown on the file?

Btw just so everyone knows what we are talking about:
http://imgur.com/QlXeosw
I set the amount of ep for naruto for 150, and It is between the 175 ep FT and the 112 ep yu yu hakusho, but it shows 220ep.
 
Feb 21, 2016 12:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
SkullProX said:

I don't know how does this suggestion harm anyone in the community, and I think most of the people watch the openings/endings-.- But you go really offtopic, so please stop.

Yeah you think? There's a lot of suggestion that got many users who agreed they want it, but it was still not been implemented.
And now you are suggesting something just for your own satisfaction?
Yeah, maybe there's a few people like you. But it needs to be useful to many users here. So don't make your hopes up.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Feb 21, 2016 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 2600
I didnt watch 4 of the endless eight episodes so I only entered 10/14
It says youve completed 10 like you said but mal and malgraph still acknowledge that you didnt watch every episode and [Im pretty sure] that it doesnt count towards your total daycount
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
 
Top