Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2016 6:47 AM

Aug 2007
I like the old design. Maybe because is a long time that I see that cesign and I feel better with it. I won't change it.
Feb 17, 2016 6:49 AM

Jul 2015
I like it... But at the same time I don't xD
Feb 17, 2016 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
mephisto28890 said:
I really dislike this.
Luckily, I managed to get back the normal design in time.

NEVER CHANGE A WORKING SYSTEM!

The normal "classic" design is just fine.
It's what people are used to.
Don't just change that without warning!
It's like someone rearranging all the furniture in your house.

The normal "classic" design is fast to use and easy to understand, we don't want that new "modern design".

Change is always needed...
I don't think the new design is amazing, but I think if they work out a few things in it, it could become really nice.
And it is not like you are forced to choose the new design you know...
Feb 17, 2016 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Is there anything to be said for allowing row sorting by tags?
I don't mean anything fancy, all I want is alphabetised progression.
I only use tags to remember what shows I own and want to buy, so I might be in the minority here, but I think it'd be a nice option to have.
Feb 17, 2016 7:01 AM

Feb 2015
how can i choose the new design for Manga List only?
btw the new designs look great!
Feb 17, 2016 7:17 AM

Jul 2013
I like it. Good job!
Feb 17, 2016 7:28 AM

Feb 2011
Prezzix said:
mephisto28890 said:
I really dislike this.
Luckily, I managed to get back the normal design in time.

NEVER CHANGE A WORKING SYSTEM!

The normal "classic" design is just fine.
It's what people are used to.
Don't just change that without warning!
It's like someone rearranging all the furniture in your house.

The normal "classic" design is fast to use and easy to understand, we don't want that new "modern design".

I don't think the new design is amazing, but I think if they work out a few things in it, it could become really nice.

Change and Improvement are two different things.
But agree so long they will continue to work on the new list this may actually become an improvement over the old one.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 17, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2007
AO968 said:
But is this a big enough issue to treat it as a major flaw? If you ask me, I'd say it's not. Of course, I don't use my list that way myself, so I don't really know what I'm apparently 'missing', either. Besides, is it really such a hassle to take one or two steps more to find what you want?
You don't understand.
It's irrelevant if the hassle is huge or small (just for the record, it is pretty big).
Before, there was no hassle at all. This "update" introduces hassle for no apparent reason. That's what makes it bad.

You're also committing a big fallacy here. It isn't just one or two steps. It's one or two steps every single time I want to find something on my list. It adds up to thousands of wasted steps for no reason other than MAL apparently having fetish for making downgrades for the sake of it.
Feb 17, 2016 7:57 AM
Jun 2015
Zeando said:
"IF" they will not manage to give as many editing options before they remove the old one, i was thinking of moving to aniDB
it is very cryptic, complex and much less user-friendly than mal, but it has some editing options i never ever dreamed i needed, with those and a bit of patience i can shape my list and pages as i want with no need to use scripts or stylish extensions

Thanks, I will take a look.
Feb 17, 2016 8:03 AM
Jun 2015
AO968 said:
But is this [Control-F] a big enough issue to treat it as a major flaw? If you ask me, I'd say it's not. Of course, I don't use my list that way myself, so I don't really know what I'm apparently 'missing', either. Besides, is it really such a hassle to take one or two steps more to find what you want?

For those of use who use Control-F and scroll up and down the list on a regular basis, it's a fairly big hassle.

One simple solution would be to add a new option to define the number of items that the dynamic loading algorithm loads at one time. It could be either an abritrary number between 300 and 3,000 or a drop-down list supporting discreet values (300, 500, 1000, 3000).
Feb 17, 2016 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
Oiacz said:
I don't know where j0x lives and how much is his connection limit, but in my case... I live in Brazil, which supposedly has one of the worst connections possible, and I'm living pretty happy. I even made a pretty nice test that I'll share with everybody here:

- My completed list (1000 titles) takes some 20 or 25 seconds to full load on this damn Chrome (it's faster on Firefox, but I like my bugged Chrome s2).
- Then I found a list the same size as mine, without pictures. It still takes some 20 seconds, but to load just the first 300 titles, and some 10 seconds to load the next 300...

So, with full load, my list takes almost 25 seconds to load completely, while on partial load I spend almost 50 seconds loading. Without mentioning the damn scrolling.

Edit: Btw, the guy has poor connection but choose to show images in his list just to eat even more of his poor connection. Hurr...
Yeah...
I just checked your list and it takes me 5-7 seconds to load it in both FF Developer's Edition and in Chrome.
My connection is good (realistically almost 100/100 in Poland) but when I connect to servers in US I get 27/90 with 190ms ping and to Tokyo it's just 3/3 with 265ms ping.

Point is, even with good connection you have to wait for the old list to load (it's probably more because of MAL servers and not out connection though). Someone with slow connection can simply open it in separate tab and wait a bit while reading article in other tab or making tea or whatever. However, once the list is loaded, old style offers full functionality while new one is awfully limited unless you actively monitor it and keep loading sets of 300 titles one after another.
Therefore, you only really spend a fraction of a second to load long list with old style (you can do something else in the meantime) while new style requires you to waste half a minute or more.

For comparison, @j0x's list takes me the same ~five seconds to load first 300 titles but considering I have to scroll down to the bottom* and wait until remaining part of his list loads, it takes me total of 13 seconds to see his 462 titles. Your 1000+ list would take me half a minute to load fully if you were using new style.
*I'm using the bar on right the moment it's possible to make it faster

It's also impossible to load more than 300 titles in Chrome, nothing happens when I try to scroll down.
Feb 17, 2016 8:22 AM

Apr 2011
Anyone found a way to remove the 300 limit? :(
pls share it wih us. :)
By the way, does anyone know how to put a banner in the modern list?
I found a topic yesterday about it but i forgot to bookmark it lol.
Ty for helping me out. :)
Feb 17, 2016 8:30 AM

Oct 2007
mootjee said:
Anyone found a way to remove the 300 limit? :(
pls share it wih us. :)
Use classic style.

Until they remove it because they can't let their users have actually enjoyable experience while using the site.
Feb 17, 2016 9:00 AM
Dec 2010
I'd say MAL pretty much needed this; it makes things a lot easier to find.
Feb 17, 2016 9:03 AM

Jan 2010
Zeando said:
Prezzix said:

Change and Improvement are two different things.
But agree so long they will continue to work on the new list this may actually become an improvement over the old one.

something that takes 5 seconds to load with a 300 anime limitation, I don't call this an improvement.
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Feb 17, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I love the new update!
Feb 17, 2016 9:59 AM

May 2015
I never attempt to modify the default old style beacause it's not enouth intuitive. Even i strat learning css since it's still difficult. I used directly the advanced styling. But it's seem that whith this new, this will be more easy to modify the next default style so i hope in it's. Even there are many thing hwo must be included to make it's better than the old one.
Also the flat disign is nice, but actually it's hard to make différence between too lines ond rows, hope staff will fix it quickly.
KarobweFeb 17, 2016 10:04 AM
Feb 17, 2016 10:15 AM

May 2011
So we can use the old design for now but it'll be discontinued eventually. This doesn't make it any different from the other changes really. Seriously, why cant we use both? I don't hate the new list. I'm sure it'll be something to get used to but obviously I prefer the old designs.
Feb 17, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2010
I like it, I like it a lot. Very nice update!
Feb 17, 2016 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
Wonderful job! Redesigned list looks amazing. Already jumped to new style.
Feb 17, 2016 11:51 AM

Jun 2014
this update is actually pretty good, its everything i want in a list layout.

Look alive sunshine!
The future is bulletproof
The aftermath is secondary
Its time to do it now and do it loud
Killjoys! Make some noise!
Feb 17, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2015
looks great, but worried to not get satisfied :/
Feb 17, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
Please include some kind of option to put the text size back to normal before taking away the old format... I can't read tiny font like that. It's way too small.
Quality Queen.
Feb 17, 2016 12:39 PM
Apr 2015
I'm bad with this stuff. How do you make your wallpaper and your main picture the same, as shown in that second image after the "hide spoiler" button?
Feb 17, 2016 12:54 PM

Dec 2007
all i got from this is that xinil is a filthy casual
Feb 17, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2010
Tyrel said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Is this to imply you will get rid of the old design eventually?
Yeah.

Also style override is broken for those plebs who switched styles, now it can't save from getting eyecancer.
TyrelFeb 17, 2016 3:48 PM
Feb 17, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2015
like every update to MAL, this one is shit
who's dumbass idea was it that you can only see the top 300 anime in any ordering?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 17, 2016 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Nice update, looks way better then the older version.

I also like the fact that there are thumbnails added to this default theme.

Hope to see the customization css options soon.
Feb 17, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2009
So...I liked the redesign. However, it's not only showing the first 300 and not loading any more of them, where previously it DID load the rest of the list. I've switched back to the old one for now. Once that bug gets fixed, I'd love to switch back. I totally support the new one but I really want to see my whole list...I know I'm not the only one making this complaint, so I have no doubt you're working on it. Keep up the good word! I really like the new list!
Feb 17, 2016 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
I can't change my list style to default :(
Feb 17, 2016 2:20 PM

Dec 2009
The only thing I like about this is that I can revert back to the old design, for now.

The new look is just.... Not working for me. The header is far too big, the bright colors on all of the options hurt my eyes, the text size needs to be fixed, a limit to the list... no thanks. And it seems to be built more for the mobile side of the site rather than desktop.

The only complement I can really give at this time is that it looks clean. Perhaps if you brought more of the original design to the new one, it wouldn't be so unpleasant.

Zeando said:
"IF" they will not manage to give as many editing options before they remove the old one, i was thinking of moving to aniDB
it is very cryptic, complex and much less user-friendly than mal, but it has some editing options i never ever dreamed i needed, with those and a bit of patience i can shape my list and pages as i want with no need to use scripts or stylish extensions.

Despite it's complexity, it's rather fun, actually. I'm currently having fun playing around on their styles. However, they really need to make it easier to add things to your lists, and bring in a manga section (which they are planning if their wiki is anything to go by).

Jeallycow said:
I can't change my list style to default :(

Go to "Account Settings"> "List Style Design". It should give an option to "Switch Template". Select "Classic" and be sure to hit "Save". A message should pop up that says "Successfully saved your list style. View your list.". Click "View your list" to make sure it saved. If it doesn't, then it's a bug.
TyrelFeb 17, 2016 3:48 PM

Feb 17, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
As long this don't mess up with my CCS list I don't care, because you have fucked up everything else in this site already.
Feb 17, 2016 2:24 PM
Jan 2009
I might change back to my old style because for some reason it only shows 300 items in my list and no pages or anything to flip to the next 300+? Or am I just blind? XD Tbh the cover art was the only reason I changed in the first place.
Feb 17, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2007
Jonny_Mhl said:
As long this don't mess up with my CCS list I don't care, because you have fucked up everything else in this site already.
Once old style is deleted, all its edits will stop working as well.
Feb 17, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Progeusz said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

This won't will be a problem because the CSS editors will find a way to keep their styles up.
Feb 17, 2016 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
Jonny_Mhl said:
Progeusz said:

This won't will be a problem because the CSS editors will find a way to keep their styles up.

Its possible people will recreate their designs (they wont be exactly the same though). But tbh most people will just create a whole new design all together rather than recreate old ones and some designs don't get any updates, so MAL are throwing out a lot of community made stuff if they delete the old style.

btw, CSS isnt some magic coding language, there are a lot of limitations when we only have access to the CSS.
Feb 17, 2016 2:47 PM
Jul 2015
I would like it if the list in Plan to Watch is split into "airing", "not yet aired" and "finished airing" sections.
Feb 17, 2016 2:55 PM

Feb 2011
lovelyphantom said:
Zeando said:
it is very cryptic, complex and much less user-friendly than mal, but it has some editing options i never ever dreamed i needed, with those and a bit of patience i can shape my list and pages as i want with no need to use scripts or stylish extensions.

Despite it's complexity, it's rather fun, actually. I'm currently having fun playing around on their styles. However, they really need to make it easier to add things to your lists, and bring in a manga section (which they are planning if their wiki is anything to go by).

had a blast too the first time i registered there, and the characters sections are even better, so many tags and details which is possible to add
since they have a system to create and update lists by scanning the animes you downloaded, i think that site is more optimized for that sort of auto-updating of your lists, while for the manual updates it's actually lacking
i wish too they had a manga list, but according to a stable user from there it's in the works since lots of time and there hasn't been much progress, so it's more of a soon™ thing i guess

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 17, 2016 2:56 PM

Jun 2011
AO968 said:

But is this a big enough issue to treat it as a major flaw? If you ask me, I'd say it's not. Of course, I don't use my list that way myself, so I don't really know what I'm apparently 'missing', either. Besides, is it really such a hassle to take one or two steps more to find what you want?

Ok, it's not a problem, it's not an incovenience, sorry for everything. I'll just spend some 50 seconds reloading my entire list manually while scrolling down to see its bottom everytime I feel like seeing my Z anime. This way everyone will be happy, including me, I'm sure of it. And if I can't be happy, I'll just force myself to accept the changes for the sake of those who has lists with less than 300 entries and aren't inconvenienced by this update at all.

Just for the record, of course this is sarcasm.
Feb 17, 2016 3:21 PM
Dec 2015
I really love the new list design. I disliked the old format, but didn't have the computer skills to do anything about the look or formatting in it. This is so, SO much better!
Feb 17, 2016 4:06 PM

Feb 2010
BasedErio said:
Shishio-kun said:

^ THIS

That feel when all those club tutorials become outdated on a whim

feelsbadman

Well my tutorials can be updated quickly since only selectors change, not the CSS. Premade layouts tho are another story. We'll do the best we can lol
Feb 17, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2014
i Really like this! I actually spent several hours designing my background.

Feedback appreciated: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GrimorumInvoke
Feb 17, 2016 4:20 PM
May 2009
Shixma said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

Its possible people will recreate their designs (they wont be exactly the same though). But tbh most people will just create a whole new design all together rather than recreate old ones and some designs don't get any updates, so MAL are throwing out a lot of community made stuff if they delete the old style.

btw, CSS isnt some magic coding language, there are a lot of limitations when we only have access to the CSS.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I imagine someone will come up with a browser add-on that recreates the lists. It's been done for many, many other sites since the start of browser add-ons being a thing.
Feb 17, 2016 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
They brought back the "shared Anime" Within the list.. Well Shit MAL Thanks for bringing back a Feature I actually used. Its a bit more work but I guess its to keep privacy for the lists.. I'm not that bothered by it but they could have kept it in the profile for convenience and still had the privacy enabled.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 17, 2016 4:53 PM

Oct 2011
Nice option. I'm gonna revert to classic myself. I don't care for having to load several hundred images, especially when I access this list very often on mobile. I also didn't see the statistics on the new style and I really like having those. I'm about to hit 300 in my completed and nearly 75 days, which may not interest others but it does interest me.
Feb 17, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2015
Is there any way for me to turn off the notification every time I go on my list? It tells me about this update every time I go on my list.
Feb 17, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
AndaleTheGreat said:
Nice option. I'm gonna revert to classic myself. I don't care for having to load several hundred images, especially when I access this list very often on mobile. I also didn't see the statistics on the new style and I really like having those. I'm about to hit 300 in my completed and nearly 75 days, which may not interest others but it does interest me.

You can disable the images in the main List Settings page, and click the 'Statistics' button in the list header to see your stats.
Feb 17, 2016 5:20 PM

Oct 2011
kittykalamity said:
You can disable the images in the main List Settings page, and click the 'Statistics' button in the list header to see your stats.

Thank you. I hadn't looked well enough to see just how adjustable it was. I also didn't notice the tiny text for Stats there on the side. I'll check it out no mobile just as soon as I can find where that phone got off to.

....swear it was right here a minute ago...
Feb 17, 2016 5:40 PM

Sep 2013
It's good, I guess anda, anyway, I wasn't very attached to the old default style. Though I'm going to keep my current custom style for now.

However, there are two things I don't like about this new design:

1. I don't like having just one tab for the "all anime" section.

2. I can't load more than 300 entries now. When enabling the modern design, the list goes up to that number and don't load any more entry regardless of how much time I wait. Disabling the images doesn't solve this problem, either. In fact, if I disable them the blue loading circle don't even appear at the end of the table when scrolling down.
Feb 17, 2016 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
Please don't get rid of the old lists. I don't usually post, but I feel like I need to say this. I love my list as it is now. I ended up spending a lot of time on it a while ago to make it exactly the way that I wanted it. I'm not good at this sort of thing, and i don't want to do it again.

I understand your desire to update old, outdated, things, but I beg of you, please let me keep my old one.
rtkambFeb 17, 2016 5:49 PM
Pages (16) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

201 by EverySportsAnime »»
3 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Destinesia »»
5 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3341 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.