Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Blue Submarine No. 6 Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 2, 2010 11:51 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The once famous and well respected scientist Zorndyke has bred a new genre of living being, one that thrives on the oceans and lives to destroy humans. Zorndyke believes it is time that the humans were relieved of their rule of the earth. It is up to Blue Submarine No. 6 and the rest of the Blue fleet to put an end to Zorndyke's madness and creations.

"Blues"
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 21, 2010 10:16 AM

It was an okay episode, boring with some interesting action scenes. I kind of like the plot, but there is something that is making it boring.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jun 23, 2010 2:10 PM
Midori-tan said:
It was an okay episode, boring with some interesting action scenes. I kind of like the plot, but there is something that is making it boring.

I feel what you're saying...my brotha
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"

Oct 13, 2010 10:45 AM

The music that Hayami was listening to was driving me crazy.Normally i don't mind long conversations between characters,but with that music as a background...i wasn't far away from dropping it.And also the not-interested-in-anything type of character that was Hayami was realy annoying in the beginning.
Otherwise the episode was ok.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

Nov 6, 2010 7:54 PM
Well, plot and characterwise it has potential, but I found the CGI(?) overuse a bit annoying...

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Apr 27, 2012 8:31 PM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, plot and characterwise it has potential, but I found the CGI(?) overuse a bit annoying...

This is one of the pioneering series that tried to mix CGI into anime. I will admit that it doesn’t look great but it is unique.

Jul 12, 2013 7:47 PM
Seems interesting. I think they should've spent a little more time fleshing stuff out before jumping into it. Maybe in the next episode or so...

The ED was pretty awesome

Aug 24, 2013 3:43 PM

Mm, werid episode. I found the OST and OP song decent though but not a fan of CGI.

Jan 15, 2014 9:28 AM

Seems pretty interesting, i definitely like the music.

Mar 15, 2014 5:25 PM

Boring? I don't think so, and I get bored kinda easily. Lot of action and fairly intriguing premise. Guess it's an Evangelion-esque opener (post-apocalyptic, weird humanoid enemies) but without being derivatively so.

CGI is a bit jarring but as said, it was one of the first to mix it up.

Oct 19, 2014 2:41 PM

lol @ not-nipples on the underwater creature.

Nov 8, 2014 1:42 PM

That wonderful 1999-2000 CGI! Seriously though it would've been better if all would've been drawn, oh well in general I liked it!

Nov 28, 2016 10:39 PM

I like the 2D artstyle, even if the CG was ugly.

Mar 10, 2018 3:01 PM

The CG makes me nostalgic for old arcade games like Beast Busters Second Nightmare. I'm not sure if it works the best here, but it is fine. This episode wasn't that interesting to me. It should have given more of the backstory and more meaning to various things. I like that it's being mysterious, but there should be more to hold on to or it feels sort of empty.

Feb 28, 9:38 AM

The premise is interesting so far, but the CGI makes my eyes bleed tbh.

Jul 1, 11:40 AM
Midori-tan said:

I think I get what you mean. At least for me the characters’ personalities are kind of 1 dimensional and simple so far.
But it hasn’t turned me off totally yet. I still want to keep watching and I am hoping the characters will develop and become a bit more interesting.
I like the character design of the main girl (short hair, not huge tiddies, but she isn’t the obnoxious cliche flat chested girl). She’s cute and unique looking. Hope she doesn’t turn out to be a stick in the mud.