Forum Settings
Forums

What are your thoughts and opinions on Nice Guys™?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 16, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Sexual attraction is both something you're born with, something you become and something you make yourself.

It's also not a dichotomy, but a scale. Some are more sexually attractive than others overall (At least, in environment A person X will be more attractive than person Y).

In a way, it is a competition. A person chooses you over others. Everything is in competition with everything, but it doesn't have to be unfriendly. You don't have to hate someone just for getting the girl you wanted.

It may be a "scale", but that scale is also subjective. Like I said, there are some traits and qualities that the majority of people DO find attractive over others. Take for example someone who is constantly bitchy and unpleasant towards everyone. This person is unlikely to even get a job, or keep one. Very few people will find this "attractive", and on the off-chance someone does, he/she better have other traits that "back up" their character, because it's kind of hard for anyone to fall in love with a 2D personality.

How do you know someone is "choosing you over others"? They may not have even considered anyone else to be potential romantic interests, and they simply "chose" you because they genuinely like you.
I'm sure I've said this before, but people aren't pre-programmed systems that follow a pre-coordinated pattern, we're a lot more complicated than that. Always treat people by their individual merits, never generalise one person's actions to the rest of whatever that person might also happen to be a part of (e.g. if they're female, she doesn't represent all/the majority of females. Her actions are her own).
Feb 16, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2014
"Nice Guys" are generally kids around my age, 18, younger too, who act really kind as sort of a fake barrier between them and the person who they wanna get with but the only reason is too possibly get Sex, thats all there after. They are generally people who don't really give a shit about women and there "feelings" either, it's only the sex for them so if you don't give them what they want they turn into babies and they kick and scream about how that girl is a bitch for not giving him sex and pleasuring him, I see it all the time.

So yeah, explaination aside, to answer your question, they can lick my ass, there scummy guys that girls should stay away from, plain and simple, they see girls as something there entitled too, they DESERVE sex from a girl for being? a guy? its fucking wierd how these dudes think
ZjjFeb 16, 2016 10:50 AM
Feb 16, 2016 1:09 PM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
Sexual attraction is both something you're born with, something you become and something you make yourself.

It's also not a dichotomy, but a scale. Some are more sexually attractive than others overall (At least, in environment A person X will be more attractive than person Y).

In a way, it is a competition. A person chooses you over others. Everything is in competition with everything, but it doesn't have to be unfriendly. You don't have to hate someone just for getting the girl you wanted.

It may be a "scale", but that scale is also subjective. Like I said, there are some traits and qualities that the majority of people DO find attractive over others. Take for example someone who is constantly bitchy and unpleasant towards everyone. This person is unlikely to even get a job, or keep one. Very few people will find this "attractive", and on the off-chance someone does, he/she better have other traits that "back up" their character, because it's kind of hard for anyone to fall in love with a 2D personality.

How do you know someone is "choosing you over others"? They may not have even considered anyone else to be potential romantic interests, and they simply "chose" you because they genuinely like you.
I'm sure I've said this before, but people aren't pre-programmed systems that follow a pre-coordinated pattern, we're a lot more complicated than that. Always treat people by their individual merits, never generalise one person's actions to the rest of whatever that person might also happen to be a part of (e.g. if they're female, she doesn't represent all/the majority of females. Her actions are her own).

The scale is subjective, but it exists. If there weren't traits that were generally attractive to most people, you wouldn't have sex icons, or people who've been through a lot of relationships, or have a lot of suitors.

People don't have a pre-programmed pattern, but it doesn't mean you can't predict their behavior. Romantic love exists for the sake of biology'n'gene-spreading. It's easy to predict who's attracting who once you observe these specific people for a while. I know the people around me well, so I often easily predict the outcome of their relationships.

Love isn't a dichotomy of nice guys/assholes, but it also doesn't have any mystique surrounding it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 16, 2016 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
The scale is subjective, but it exists. If there weren't traits that were generally attractive to most people, you wouldn't have sex icons, or people who've been through a lot of relationships, or have a lot of suitors.

People don't have a pre-programmed pattern, but it doesn't mean you can't predict their behavior. Romantic love exists for the sake of biology'n'gene-spreading. It's easy to predict who's attracting who once you observe these specific people for a while. I know the people around me well, so I often easily predict the outcome of their relationships.

Love isn't a dichotomy of nice guys/assholes, but it also doesn't have any mystique surrounding it.

"People who've been through a lot of relationships" - Are you sure these people were really "attractive" then? There's a reason why they've been through so many relationships after all, and for some reason or another, they haven't worked out.

This kind of just brings me back to the other point I made (probably in a different thread though, I'm getting mixed up between all of these) earlier, focusing on other people's romantic relationships is kind of pointless. If you want a romantic relationship yourself, focus on yourself; everyone else is irrelevant. Once you find someone you genuinely really like and connect with (and not just simply "fancy" or have a small crush on), then you can start focusing on that other person as well as yourself.

It isn't simple either, like humans and our psychology, it's as complex as everything else surrounding ourselves.
Feb 16, 2016 2:26 PM

Jun 2015
Well, I like nice people in general. Not sure if I'm missing something.

Feb 16, 2016 2:43 PM

Sep 2009
You mean people who don't have the confidence to ask women out, who for some reason can't get a date?

It's certainly a mystery.

If you're looking for a more detailed answer, I think part of the problem is that many young women are not really interested in forming serious relationships until later on in life, and consequently are not looking for husbando material -such as nice young gentlemen- and are pursuing more casual relationships with people who they find attractive for other reasons, such as having a good sense of humour or being physically attractive.

I'm generalizing of course, and I think my more sarcastic answer is probably more applicable. But there is little doubt that people are holding back from tying themselves down until later in life, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to think the qualities one would look for in the 'love of your life' are less valuable among young people.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Feb 16, 2016 2:55 PM

Aug 2014
A nice guy is a guy who helps out, but is not handsome.

A gentleman is a guy who helps out, but is handsome.

Nice guy are friendzoned because they are not handsome. Gentleman are not friendzoned because they are handsome.
Feb 17, 2016 12:57 AM

Sep 2011
I generally associate the term with politeness (sometimes over-politeness) rather than genuine kindness.
Feb 17, 2016 1:09 AM

Mar 2008
Quoyan said:
@traed
I disagree tbh. I think mocking ridiculous creeps with their own self-descriptor is pretty much the best way to deal with them :')

Except you literally are creating a stereotype with a term that harms legitimately nice people.
Feb 17, 2016 1:15 AM
Feb 2014
Nice guys are nice people.

"Nice guys" are people who pretend to be nice and fail at getting chicks.

You're expected to be nice to others when it comes to dating, otherwise you'll never win.
Feb 17, 2016 1:24 AM
Jan 2016
FrozenWhiskers said:
Nice guy means friendzone material.

Not sure why I found this so funny xD. In some ways its kind of accurate because psychologically nice guys(or even girls) are seen as "too easy" to get once your friends with them. Its in our system to want a challenge of sorts and feel accomplished in reeling in an individual who doesn't see eye to eye with us right away. However, when I meet somebody that I truly like beyond a friend I just make it clear and call it a day. If life ever provides somebody who can like ya for who you are then I'd say that's pretty amazing : ).

If you ever read my profile or ever get to know me then yeah, nice guy. I'm probably 200% cheesy with a side of 300% ultra smiles on a daily basis when it comes down to it bwhaha. Although, I wasn't always just a bundle of happiness. I've gone through my hardships and chose instead to view everyday of my own life as a blessing due to encountering a lot of things and seeing what I have in front of me. I don't really care how people view me or if they think that "my viewpoint of happiness is false". If I want to be super ultra nice to others and believe in life then I'm allowed to.

I actually had a member on here try to spam me multiple long paragraphs recently about how "ignorant" Americans like myself are because of my "false kindness" and that "I don't understand the world". Meanwhile, I could probably throw five dozen paragraphs back at what I've had to walk through to secure a life where I can pull the best smile I got within me.

I like nice people though and personally find them to be a whole lot more fun to speak with. And if somebody isn't all that motivating then I'll still be a pal to them because that's just who I am.
SummerMamboFeb 17, 2016 1:43 AM
Feb 17, 2016 11:20 PM

May 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

"People who've been through a lot of relationships" - Are you sure these people were really "attractive" then? There's a reason why they've been through so many relationships after all, and for some reason or another, they haven't worked out.

This kind of just brings me back to the other point I made (probably in a different thread though, I'm getting mixed up between all of these) earlier, focusing on other people's romantic relationships is kind of pointless. If you want a romantic relationship yourself, focus on yourself; everyone else is irrelevant. Once you find someone you genuinely really like and connect with (and not just simply "fancy" or have a small crush on), then you can start focusing on that other person as well as yourself.

It isn't simple either, like humans and our psychology, it's as complex as everything else surrounding ourselves.

Yes, they were attractive. They had all these traits and the relationship lasted for around a year, sometimes more. They were attractive enough so someon gave them a chance.

I don't see how 'everyone else is irrelevant' when they're always around. The girl I want isn't just looking at me but looking at everyone, deciding what's the best for her.
Feb 17, 2016 11:46 PM

Apr 2014
Guys who claim to be "nice guys" and complain that they can't get a girlfriend probably aren't that nice to begin with.
Feb 17, 2016 11:47 PM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

Yes, they were attractive. They had all these traits and the relationship lasted for around a year, sometimes more. They were attractive enough so someon gave them a chance.

I don't see how 'everyone else is irrelevant' when they're always around. The girl I want isn't just looking at me but looking at everyone, deciding what's the best for her.
I'm just going to be blunt, this "women only like attractive guys" shit is the same as "women only like assholes", it's deflection and washes you of all responsibility for either your own actions or inactions. My recommendation to anyone that believes this is the reason why they can't get a girlfriend is improve yourself, either that or stop bitching about it. Nobody gives a fuck about why you think you can't get a girlfriend and how unfair life is to you, life isn't fair, get use to it and move forward or shut the fuck up and watch life pass you by.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Feb 17, 2016 11:52 PM

May 2015
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I'm just going to be blunt, this "women only like attractive guys" shit is the same as "women only like assholes", it's deflection and washes you of all responsibility for either your own actions or inactions. My recommendation to anyone that believes this is the reason why they can't get a girlfriend is improve yourself, either that or stop bitching about it. Nobody gives a fuck about why you think you can't get a girlfriend and how unfair life is to you, life isn't fair, get use to it and move forward or shut the fuck up.

Wait, so women don't like attractive guys? You do realize that 'attractive' means 'someone who attracts others/good at attracting' right? Why should women settle for a non-attractive (in her eyes)?
How is it washes me of any responsibility? Since when do we have a moral obligation to be attractive?

What I'm saying when I say 'women like attractive guys' (which is the same for men, gay'n'lesbians too) is that if a woman doesn't fancy you, it's more complex, not just asshole/niceguy stuff. It's because you don't attract her. Move on.
Feb 17, 2016 11:56 PM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:
I'm just going to be blunt, this "women only like attractive guys" shit is the same as "women only like assholes", it's deflection and washes you of all responsibility for either your own actions or inactions. My recommendation to anyone that believes this is the reason why they can't get a girlfriend is improve yourself, either that or stop bitching about it. Nobody gives a fuck about why you think you can't get a girlfriend and how unfair life is to you, life isn't fair, get use to it and move forward or shut the fuck up.

Wait, so women don't like attractive guys? You do realize that 'attractive' means 'someone who attracts others/good at attracting' right? Why should women settle for a non-attractive (in her eyes)?
How is it washes me of any responsibility? Since when do we have a moral obligation to be attractive?

What I'm saying when I say 'women like attractive guys' (which is the same for men, gay'n'lesbians too) is that if a woman doesn't fancy you, it's more complex, not just asshole/niceguy stuff. It's because you don't attract her. Move on.

Because "attractive" is a subjective term which doesn't solely mean physical, yet you constantly claim it to be the only kind of attractiveness. You can be physically attractive yet be mentally unattractive, and know that the girls who "end up" with those guys are probably to be ignored anyways. People think with their dicks rather than their brains and it leads them to thinking these shitty tribalistic thoughts that "all womyns r gold diggurs." If you thought outside the box for once, which you often never do, maybe you wouldn't be constantly parroting your arguments which have little to no basis of being insightful.
Feb 18, 2016 12:01 AM
Feb 2016
A person be kind to others, have good lifestyle.
Feb 18, 2016 1:39 AM

Nov 2009
chokingasuka said:
So yeah, explaination aside, to answer your question, they can lick my ass, there scummy guys that girls should stay away from, plain and simple, they see girls as something there entitled too, they DESERVE sex from a girl for being? a guy? its fucking wierd how these dudes think

There's nothing weird about it. As a child, you're told that when you'll grow up, you'll fall in love (just like in the movies) and get married (just like your parents). Not because there's something special about you, just because it's the way it works for everyone.
It takes unusual wisdom or quite a number of failures to realize you're doing something wrong.

Veneficia said:
uuuuh but the ones online are little virgin pussy boys "I hate getting friendzoned :CCCCCCCC" well fuck nigga go to a bar and go fuck a bitch it's pretty easy ime fuck a fat chick too big bitches need love! just don't bust your baby gravy inside her turkey hole.

Extraverts are so annoying. Like "going to the bar" is something you can just do! The rest of the steps in this instruction are even harder.
Feb 18, 2016 1:42 AM

May 2015
Rinshansan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Because "attractive" is a subjective term which doesn't solely mean physical, yet you constantly claim it to be the only kind of attractiveness. You can be physically attractive yet be mentally unattractive, and know that the girls who "end up" with those guys are probably to be ignored anyways. People think with their dicks rather than their brains and it leads them to thinking these shitty tribalistic thoughts that "all womyns r gold diggurs." If you thought outside the box for once, which you often never do, maybe you wouldn't be constantly parroting your arguments which have little to no basis of being insightful.

I have constantly said 'attractiveness' is more complex than just looks. Personality, behavior, demeanor, voice, social skills, social status, worldview are just as important.
Feb 18, 2016 2:00 AM

Sep 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
I have constantly said 'attractiveness' is more complex than just looks. Personality, behavior, demeanor, voice, social skills, social status, worldview are just as important.

No shit, but that doesn't get any less annoying hearing you talk about "sexual attractiveness" or "relationships/love are just sexy people having sex" in every relationship-related thread I see you post in.

There's some people who've never been in a single relationship who post more insightful and well thought out responses.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 6 hours ago

22 by Zayvex »»
38 seconds ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 10 hours ago

16 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - Yesterday

10 by Sorachin »»
9 minutes ago

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

4 by Sorachin »»
14 minutes ago

» What's a book opinion that if someone had you would disown them?

vasipi4946 - Mar 30

44 by Sorachin »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.