Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 15, 2016 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Misaki always so hungry for food.

I thought her battle/race was a bit fast though. I think Asuka improved quite a bit since her debut but eh, she's still not quite there yet.

Heh, I'm actually quite impressed at how much she has improved especially considering that she's up against someone like Shindou. Think she might be taking a bit too much risk in her moves though.
Feb 15, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
Well some interesting matches and it's clear that Asuka has some great potential.
Tho it seems Misaki is having a hard time excepting Asuka's progress which makes me wonder what will happen between them.
Seems next week will be very interesting.
Feb 15, 2016 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
The match between Asuka and Shindou was interesting to see, I even expected Asuka to win lol
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Feb 15, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
The match between Asuka and Shindou was interesting to see. Too bad, that Asuka lost the match!
Feb 15, 2016 1:17 PM
Dec 2013
The situation is remind me of Chihayafuru
Feb 15, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
The premise of this show just gets more awesome every week. Who wouldn't want to play IRL FC?

Although I'm starting to wonder about the romance/harem tags associated with the VN...
Feb 15, 2016 1:32 PM

Nov 2014
Shindou not going all out for Misaki has got to hurt. Especially the fact that Asuka is a beginner and still performed better. Poor Misaki

Hi there
Feb 15, 2016 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
Some intense matches between Misaki and Shindou, and Asuka and Shindou. Asuka's was definitely more interesting and impressive, and I thought she was gonna pull off the upset. Despite her loss, she has definitely improved a lot in such a short period of time, which Misaki seems to be having a hard time coming to terms with. Also, Asuka needs to stop being so reckless with her moves.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 15, 2016 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Misaki T_T

Shindou is of course op as usual, but Asuka put up quite the fight

Can't wait for next week when Shindou and Kairyo Gakuen fight
OrangeJPFeb 15, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 15, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
Both matches against Shindou were intense. Asuka has really improved. Just a while ago she couldn't even keep herself balanced in the air. Excited for what's next!
Feb 15, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2015
What an exciting episode!
Asuka is very strong.
Feb 15, 2016 2:22 PM

Oct 2012
Asuka was crazy strong as a beginner.
Drama is coming.
Feb 15, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2014
What happened to the budget? Some scenes looked ridiculously off-model, which was quite disappointing, especially with two intense fights in one episode.

Also, I know I've been saying this for a few weeks now, but are we actually getting any romance in this at all? Is this even adapting the VN properly? That romance tag looks more and more misleading each episode, given that there's not even been the vaguest hint of any possible romance so far.
Feb 15, 2016 2:30 PM

Aug 2013
Nice episode. Interesting matches, but I hope it won't stay like this till the end. 1-2 episodes of action is totally enough.

danieltortoisee said:

Also, I know I've been saying this for a few weeks now, but are we actually getting any romance in this at all? Is this even adapting the VN properly?

I would like to know as well.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 15, 2016 2:37 PM
Feb 2015
Will we ever see the MC do something ffs , he just makes stupid coments and expresions ,is that all to his character ? 6 episodes in and we still haven't found shit about him or his past and its more annoying that nobody asks. Like Misaki has known him for a long time and doesn't seem to be curious or surprise why he doesn't participate in the competitions anymore. I even doubt now that he was that good of a player
Feb 15, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2014
mr_sam21 said:
Will we ever see the MC do something ffs , he just makes stupid coments and expresions ,is that all to his character ? 6 episodes in and we still haven't found shit about him or his past and its more annoying that nobody asks. Like Misaki has known him for a long time and doesn't seem to be curious or surprise why he doesn't participate in the competitions anymore. I even doubt now that he was that good of a player

It's a garbage VN mate. Don't expect a lot of character development. Same crew who wrote KoiChoco...
Feb 15, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
TBH I have low expectations on this anime, but now it has disappeared and it is improving especially on its Sports Tag, though it's been 6 weeks and I still don't see any Romance at all -_-

mr_sam21 said:

Psyhological Trauma is an attractive trope, though I think it's probably something cliched
TyrelFeb 15, 2016 5:18 PM
Feb 15, 2016 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
I guess I'll start with this episode and then go onto the anime in general.

What the hell was with the animation in this episode? There were moments and character designs that looked like a three year old was in charge off. I seriously felt like I was watching an episode of "Shin-chan" at multiple parts of this episode. It just made a terrible episode in general much worse.

Now let me say this, how Asuka, someone who could barely BARELY fly about a month ago can go head to head with a Champion seriously makes no sense at all. You don't just try something for the first time and you're the best at it, this whole business about her using the "Air Kick Turn" and doing all these other moves is non-sense, and the fact that she was keeping up with Shindou is quite sickening. You bring down Misaki in the process as well and that's just terrible writing in my opinion.

I also hate how these Kids just whoop the shit out of each other in FC and then after they're just smiling and laughing about how they just went toe-to-toe with each other...really? I'd be pissed off!

And Van_Alex already mentioned it, but the FACT there is Zero romance in this anime yet sucks. IT'S A FREAKING DATING SIM!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 15, 2016 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
mr_sam21 said:
Except he was like a god (worlds champion). I'd rather not spoil, in a word I'd say 'defeat' I think he even mentions he loves the skies in the early episodes of the anime.. But we're 6 episodes in they should have by now atleast addressed what his problems are, as the above user mentioned it becomes a drag. It should have been from Masaya's pov instead of Asuka also and while I'm at it I might as well mention there's probably not going to be any romance since most scenarios got screwed and no 'main' heroine.. But I might be wrong and they're going with AsukaxMasaya in the end
Feb 15, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2012
[quote=mr_sam21 message=44751636]Will we ever see the MC do something ffs , he just makes stupid coments and expresions ,is that all to his character quote]
First of all...he's not the MC. In the V/N maybe, but Asuka is the main character in this anime. People are just going to need to accept that already.

Second, whoever keeps the romance tag on this, is probably making a bit of a mistake. I do believe we'll get some romance with Masaya eventually though. I've seen hints here and there that they might have a relationshp by the end.

Third,
SoraSenpai said:

What the hell was with the animation in this episode? There were moments and character designs that looked like a three year old was in charge off. I seriously felt like I was watching an episode of "Shin-chan" at multiple parts of this episode. It just made a terrible episode in general much worse.

Now let me say this, how Asuka, someone who could barely BARELY fly about a month ago can go head to head with a Champion seriously makes no sense at all. You don't just try something for the first time and you're the best at it, this whole business about her using the "Air Kick Turn" and doing all these other moves is non-sense, and the fact that she was keeping up with Shindou is quite sickening. You bring down Misaki in the process as well and that's just terrible writing in my opinion.

I also hate how these Kids just whoop the shit out of each other in FC and then after they're just smiling and laughing about how they just went toe-to-toe with each other...really? I'd be pissed off!

And Van_Alex already mentioned it, but the FACT there is Zero romance in this anime yet sucks. IT'S A FREAKING DATING SIM!

I agree with everything but the last two paragraphs. Unless they reveal that Asuka had some grandpa that instilled martial arts in her when she was a toddler, I really am calling bull on her doing all of this in such a short time. Especially when so many others have worked so hard for it. We never really see much of Asuka's practice, but we know that Mashiro's always practicing hard to keep up, and Misaki probably had lots of training before this whole situation, and likely keeps on training.

There should have been more things to build up to her being this good. I mean, I get there are prodigies, but ugh! And yeah, they're just using this to further humiliate Misaki. This show loves beating down everyone that isn't Asuka, I've noticed...
Feb 15, 2016 3:23 PM

Mar 2011
rsc-pl said:
Nice episode. Interesting matches, but I hope it won't stay like this till the end. 1-2 episodes of action is totally enough.

danieltortoisee said:

Also, I know I've been saying this for a few weeks now, but are we actually getting any romance in this at all? Is this even adapting the VN properly?

I would like to know as well.

in the game the character routes don't start until AFTER the summer tournament (so the current one). if there's going to be any romance it will be after episode 8 or so.

as for whether it's adapting the VN properly... not really. a lot of stuff has been omitted so far, especially in regards to Masaya. Misaki is also a different character in the game. i'll just say that
Feb 15, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2015
Damn, that was one exciting and thrilling competition, especially Asuka's. Kinda expected she would lose, but didn't expect it would be so close. Great episode.

Feb 15, 2016 3:27 PM

Nov 2011
[quote=vampko message=44752261]
mr_sam21 said:
Will we ever see the MC do something ffs , he just makes stupid coments and expresions ,is that all to his character quote]
First of all...he's not the MC. In the V/N maybe, but Asuka is the main character in this anime. People are just going to need to accept that already.

Second, whoever keeps the romance tag on this, is probably making a bit of a mistake. I do believe we'll get some romance with Masaya eventually though. I've seen hints here and there that they might have a relationshp by the end.

Third,
SoraSenpai said:

I agree with everything but the last two paragraphs. Unless they reveal that Asuka had some grandpa that instilled martial arts in her when she was a toddler, I really am calling bull on her doing all of this in such a short time. Especially when so many others have worked so hard for it. We never really see much of Asuka's practice, but we know that Mashiro's always practicing hard to keep up, and Misaki probably had lots of training before this whole situation, and likely keeps on training.

There should have been more things to build up to her being this good. I mean, I get there are prodigies, but ugh! And yeah, they're just using this to further humiliate Misaki. This show loves beating down everyone that isn't Asuka, I've noticed...

And I believe that someone mentioned this already but if romance does enter this anime it will probably be MasayaxAsuka considering she is the main focus.
In all honesty I was only keeping on this anime in hopes that Rika would do something, and for MIsaki but this episode really pissed me off. I'm only curious about next week because I think Inui is cute and I wanna see what she can do against Shindou.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 15, 2016 3:43 PM

Feb 2008
Haha yeah it's quite understandable everyone felt there is no romance, since there is no screen time for the protagonist.
There is no route followed at all cause there is no protagonist screen time most of scenes.
That's why I doubt there is no romance between them.
Probably end i would guess it will kind of cover a bit of the protagonist poast and not focus of any routes.
Just keep it like this.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 15, 2016 3:48 PM

Jul 2015
Hmmm After looking in some discussions about its VN, most people says that it's Above Average and some of them says that it's an Anime in VN format, that said this anime excels Moe(not sure how I will explain it) well at least it's not a bad anime that I can't tolerate considering it has many flaws and some plot holes on it Plus I have to wait for its Romance
Feb 15, 2016 4:53 PM

Aug 2013
I never expect any romance in this animu anyway..
just focus on flying circus
Feb 15, 2016 5:00 PM

Apr 2011
Good fight Asuka and Misaki, but Shindou is still a massive monster (COBRAAAA TECHNIQUE!!!). Haha, Shindou even did the BATTLE CRY which startled Asuka.

If there's one thing that probably doesn't get the time to be mentioned at all in the anime is the difference in mentality between Misaki and Asuka , which leads to how Shindou treats them differently in the match (Shindou actually even comments to Asuka how he's excited to see how she will adapt to the situation that unfolds) Either way, the blunt (and also not necessarily correct) way of stating the difference is that Asuka has more brains (adaptability, innovation) while Misaki has more brawns (split-second reactions, instinctive) when it comes to Flying Circus matches.

Looking forward to Irina and Saki showing the world their special style of playing Flying Circus.

6 Episodes left though... it would be pretty dang rude to drop Misaki at this point (with half of the focus being on her). It may end up doing both Asuka and Misaki at the same time with a brand new anime original ending.

I'm still gunning for Asuka's route!!!, I'm excited for all the tropes that follows her route and the biggest jaw-dropping plot device which if not noticed,
KomomoFeb 15, 2016 5:06 PM
Feb 15, 2016 5:07 PM

Oct 2011
Utter crap. I really hate animes like this one. What they are showing right now is that only people with talent are the best and taken seriously in matches, totally disrespecting those who work hard for it or for years. They are laughing at faces of such people telling them they are useless no matter how hard they try - Misaki. No wonder she is deeply hurt by it, after shindou didnt take her seriously, but for a beginner Asuka he did...
Its really annoying me that asuka in span of a month got to his level... impossible even Messi wasnt like that lol.

This episode really destroyed my opinion of this anime, no matter how hard I am looking to overlook it. At least give Misaki romance with Masaya if she cannot have talent like Asuka. Dont give Asuka everything lol...
Feb 15, 2016 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
Yeah, Asuka did waaaaay too well for her first competition, prodigy or not. Very obnoxious. These last 2 episodes really sucked away a lot of the good will this series had stored up with me over the first 4. It's unfortunate, but I'll hafta lower my score a bit and hope the second half improves.
Feb 15, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2011
Great fight, but seriously will I ever get to see Masaya in a fight or will he remain a couch for the entire series.
Feb 15, 2016 6:41 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I did enjoy the episode and I thought the matches were pretty awesome. Shindou went all out on Asuka but not on Misaki. That's gotta hurt, as she believed he was taking Misaki lightly and underestimating her abilities. Would Misaki get jealous over Asuka because of this?

My only minor gripe in this episode is that the art here this week looked kinda wonky at times. Animation for the FC looked good as usual.
Feb 15, 2016 6:45 PM

Feb 2014
lol that episode was actually pretty intense, really enjoyed the FC in this episode.

Now onto my gripe with the show that just won't stop bothering me, who the fuck is this MC? Is he just gonna be the fucking coach dude that only instructs them while saying a couple things occasionally for the whole series?

I'm starting to think there won't be enough time for his character to develop. Hell I don't think there will be enough time for anything much to develop other than more FC related stuff, especially since next week's episode also still looks to be in this tourney. After that there will only be 5 episodes left and guaranteed there's gonna be another 2-3 episodes dedicated to the (I'm assuming) last tournament. I honestly just don't think theres enough time left for anything, no character development, no romance, no non-FC related breathing room. Generally they should've just labeled this as a sports anime. Seriously.

I still like it tho lmao

BurtCadFeb 15, 2016 6:50 PM
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Feb 15, 2016 7:06 PM

Feb 2016
Raisken said:
Utter crap. I really hate animes like this one. What they are showing right now is that only people with talent are the best and taken seriously in matches, totally disrespecting those who work hard for it or for years. They are laughing at faces of such people telling them they are useless no matter how hard they try - Misaki. No wonder she is deeply hurt by it, after shindou didnt take her seriously, but for a beginner Asuka he did...
Its really annoying me that asuka in span of a month got to his level... impossible even Messi wasnt like that lol.

This episode really destroyed my opinion of this anime, no matter how hard I am looking to overlook it. At least give Misaki romance with Masaya if she cannot have talent like Asuka. Dont give Asuka everything lol...

Just ask: Is there any other character who were able succeed in his/her goal using own skill or work hard?

Let me tell you about Asuka -. She was probably the heroine I found the most annoying -. Even when I started to think I might actually like her while reading, she would just come out and do something that bothered me -. It really didn’t help that throughout the Common route and the other three main routes, the VN is constantly trying to shove how amazing Asuka is down your throat, as if asking “DO YOU LIKE HER YET?” -. It makes other characters look extremely dumb, useless and inferior especially compared Asuka -.

Conclusion -. Asuka -. Mary Sue OP - Jesus’s plot armor -.

Komomo said:
I'm still gunning for Asuka's route!!!, I'm excited for all the tropes that follows her route and the biggest jaw-dropping plot device which if not noticed,
will make everything seem like one fucking asspull.

Just ask: Is there any other character who were able succeed in his/her goal using own skill or work hard?

lol asspull ??????????????

asspull = Jesus’s plot armor -.

Asuka -. Mary Sue OP - Jesus’s plot armor -.
Tekken02Feb 15, 2016 10:48 PM
Feb 15, 2016 8:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Nice match imo. Asuka was great in this episode.

4/5
Feb 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Aug 2013
Great air battles in this episode, especially between Asuka and Shindou, poor Misaki who was helpless in the end, I personally expected a great deal of romance in the plot, or at least the formation of a harem, but so far none of it has been shown, Masaya it should be the protagonist so far had no highlight, I hope the next episodes at least increase the focus on him and talk a little about his past as a player ..
Feb 15, 2016 8:55 PM

Jan 2015
Well, the First Point always goes to Shindou.
Bad episode for Misaki, realize that Shindou goes all out and even lose his own sanity thanks to a match against Asuka. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 15, 2016 9:05 PM

Aug 2011
Asuka vs Shindou was fun to watch. Misaki looked super pissed off though when she found out Shindou was just playing around against her.

Still waiting for Masaya to actually do something... and yeah where the hell is the romance? LOL
Feb 15, 2016 9:17 PM

Jul 2015
kingri said:
Asuka vs Shindou was fun to watch. Misaki looked super pissed off though when she found out Shindou was just playing around against her.

Still waiting for Masaya to actually do something... and yeah where the hell is the romance? LOL

I think they will take advantage of current situation of Misaki to get into your route.
The route of Misaki is on this subject.
Feb 15, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2009
GileonFletcher said:
The premise of this show just gets more awesome every week. Who wouldn't want to play IRL FC?

Although I'm starting to wonder about the romance/harem tags associated with the VN...

As I heard even original VN had much more sports than romance.
Feb 15, 2016 10:36 PM

Feb 2016
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
I think they will take advantage of current situation of Misaki to get into your route.

;x

Cr7_vi_Britannia said:

Misaki’s route is about dealing with jealousy and bitterness after finding someone who’s better (Asuka) than her during the Summer Tournament, basically she’s shocked by the fact that maybe she’s not as good as she thought she was and grows bitter towards FC and herself -.
Feb 15, 2016 11:02 PM
Feb 2016
I think misaki is a verry intresting character her jelousy by being failed makes her become strong and fight toward to the people who understimate her ability....shes not just kind of a childish person who always want to eat udon but just a person with a serious and mature side...i like misaki more than asuka eventhugh shes the main heroine...misaki fighting....
Feb 16, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
GileonFletcher said:

As I heard even original VN had much more sports than romance.

Fuck the romance, FC is awesome. Let it stay as sol/sports anime till the end. You'd think people have had enough with garbage harem shit and here we have people asking for more.
Feb 16, 2016 12:23 AM

Apr 2009
still not a good episode :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Feb 16, 2016 2:00 AM

Oct 2015
Asuka is too cute and adorable.

It's amazing to see how much Asuka has improved since the beginning, she's becoming somewhat of a match for the pros. She is too reckless though and she wears herself to quickly with some of the stuff she does which will be holding her back a bit.

I feel really bad for Misaki. Seeing her friend, a begineer, surpassing her easily and then Shindou going all out in Asuka and not her she must be upset.

Their were some amazing games this episode! Too bad they had to lose them all. I guess that's the power of the pro.
Feb 16, 2016 2:20 AM

Jun 2015
Hmm,,,,,Not bad. That Asuka and Shindou match was really something. She needs to learn more moves if she wants to win against Shindou and the like. She'd be done in with just her air kick turn.

About Misaki, it is more to do with her not being as good as she thought she was, as Tekken mentioned above; rather than just jealousy imo.

HijaziFeb 16, 2016 2:28 AM
Feb 16, 2016 3:26 AM

Apr 2015
I'm okay with them doing Slam Dunk with minimal romance but they should make the sport believable in that case. That is not necessarily happening now so it's a worry. Apart from that the episode was good, well constructed.

The main pair are a bit too powered aren't they. Asuka is clearly abnormally strong, she was supposed to be a beginner not too many episodes back..and Mr. MC is obviously a former master by the looks of it.
LanzFeb 16, 2016 3:39 AM
Feb 16, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
judging by this Shindou-guy i swear if he is a pro i'll challenge him to duel where i fly an F-22 Raptor and try dodging the AIM-9 Sidewinder missile that i fired and let's see if can handle it or he get killed hehehehe :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Feb 16, 2016 4:46 AM

Apr 2015
I must say,
one thing I really love about the series is that the matches seem real.
I mean, if there's likely no chance for a win - there won't be.

Anyways, I'm wondering what in Shindou made Misaki angry(perhaps curious?)
Feb 16, 2016 5:44 AM

May 2012
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
kingri said:

Man, the only way this show can get worse if they go into a MIsakixMasaya route. I want to take solace in how the show loves to always grandstand and spotlight Asuka though, and assume that they're going to go with her route. I just hope we don't have to deal with an utterly retarded last minute love triangle.
Feb 16, 2016 5:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very cool episode, that was tense as hell :O
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

151 by Azzybana »»
Dec 7, 2023 3:20 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

7 by Zedlin »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.