Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 28, 2016 1:25 AM
Sep 2010
That score bump at completion is promising. But eh MAL is often just a popularity contest score wise. This was a pretty legit show.

Edit: Lol how is Aldnoah Zero rated higher than this oml.
fimbu1vetrMar 28, 2016 1:36 AM
Mar 28, 2016 1:32 AM

Apr 2015
Because we don't see Takeru!!!! Takeru and his Harem!!!!
#CHEXIT
Mar 28, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
animevortexNG said:

Had some slice of life moments? It had way more than actions, which were a waste in a series, which it stays faraway from the main storyline more while Schwarzesmarken story is rushed, but the story stays on the subjects at least. I'm sorry to say, Total Eclipse characters are even more blandness and annoying than Schwarzesmarken, they act like highschool students as if they were on highschool while Schwarzesmarken is much more realistic as they feel in a real military area with war going on.

Schwarzesmarken has more child care to look after where they feel negative and always rely on someone to save them compared to Muv-Luv, able to handle on their own. I agree that Total Eclispe strays away from the story but at least it was entertaining to watch and there is happy moments. Schwarzesmarken is set in a more war zone time so it is what I expect from military action compared to Muv luv.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2016 9:08 AM
Jan 2016
Renaultclio101 said:
animevortexNG said:

Had some slice of life moments? It had way more than actions, which were a waste in a series, which it stays faraway from the main storyline more while Schwarzesmarken story is rushed, but the story stays on the subjects at least. I'm sorry to say, Total Eclipse characters are even more blandness and annoying than Schwarzesmarken, they act like highschool students as if they were on highschool while Schwarzesmarken is much more realistic as they feel in a real military area with war going on.

Schwarzesmarken has more child care to look after where they feel negative and always rely on someone to save them compared to Muv-Luv, able to handle on their own. I agree that Total Eclispe strays away from the story but at least it was entertaining to watch and there is happy moments. Schwarzesmarken is set in a more war zone time so it is what I expect from military action compared to Muv luv.

Have you even watched the whole series yet? It just ended, and the character development here is better than Total Eclipse, and it was a better ending as well.
Mar 28, 2016 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
animevortexNG said:

Have you even watched the whole series yet? It just ended, and the character development here is better than Total Eclipse, and it was a better ending as well.

I am more than half way through the series and to me it still feels the same. A useless pilot girl, who would be better off hiding somewhere than needing to be babysit. If a character dies from the series then I doubt any sympathy is given compared to muv luv
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
Renaultclio101 said:
animevortexNG said:

I am more than half way through the series and to me it still feels the same. A useless pilot girl, who would be better off hiding somewhere than needing to be babysit. If a character dies from the series then I doubt any sympathy is given compared to muv luv

Oh you gotta keep watching it, it's so damn good. Be sure to watch the after credit scenes.

CynicalBritannia said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Well I haven't played the other series which I am talking about the anime series. Care to explain why the story is better since from what I have seen is rushed,character blandness and the unexpected actions was predictable. I like how Total Eclipse had some slice of life moments as well as action. In addition, The annoying characters in this series just even makes it unbearable but I can still endure

This. This is what Muv-Luv fans such as myself hate a lot about Total Eclipse (Episode 3 onward).
Total Eclipse misguided the viewers what Muv-Luv is actually all about.
It's hard to explain and you have to go through the visual novel trilogy to fully understand why Schwarzesmarken is a better representation.

As for the story itself, I have read TE and... I'm pretty sure once you've read it, you'll be pretty disappointed especially if you're shipping Yuuya x

That's exactly true I say.
Mar 28, 2016 2:20 PM

Feb 2015
to me; it's just really hard for me to enjoy this show with that torture scene, traitor, all of those negative scene. really hard for me to watch it with enjoyment. All of the Stasi is Sadist y'know.
Mar 28, 2016 2:35 PM

Oct 2014
Hmm...
Good character development - check.
Enticing setting - check.
Complete story - check.
A complete ending (aka not a total cliffhanger) - check.

Wait... what?
- Deified main love interest,
- A useless girl that turns OP just because cute is right and her father was a respected general,
- NTR'ed imouto who don't get her proper explanation,
- Annoying PTSD girl whose stupid action are often used as a plot device to kill people.
- and one of the most abrupt "I'm going to repent" character development from the main hero you'll ever find. (But well, there are few who are even more abrupt. Still doesn't cover for the sin.)

Anyone here willing for a debate?

ps.: and don't use the prev Muv-Luv reference, please. First, I'm not that familiar. Second, I always try to judge things separately first before seeing the bigger series.
Mar 28, 2016 3:53 PM
Jan 2014
Overall I'm fine with its current rating now. It was just almost 6.66 before lol. I don't think it's /that/ underrated anymore.
Revvie-chan said:
Hmm...
Wait... what?
- Deified main love interest,
- A useless girl that turns OP just because cute is right and her father was a respected general,
- NTR'ed imouto who don't get her proper explanation,
- Annoying PTSD girl whose stupid action are often used as a plot device to kill people.
- and one of the most abrupt "I'm going to repent" character development from the main hero you'll ever find. (But well, there are few who are even more abrupt. Still doesn't cover for the sin.)

Your complaints are reasonable. I'm fine with these imperfections personally, although I wouldn't call Katia useless -- I mean she's a skilled pilot, dragged Theodor around when he was on emo mode, and she's not like any princess archetype who couldn't do anything.
Mar 29, 2016 6:31 AM

May 2012
I can't believe that a junk like Heavy Object got 7.37, and this show is only 7.01
Mar 31, 2016 5:01 AM

Jul 2013
planetwarrior said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Oh you gotta keep watching it, it's so damn good. Be sure to watch the after credit scenes.

I have just finished the series last night, it did get a little bit better but I had to take the anime as an overall series. I felt from episode 11 it was rushed and yes it did stay on the topic but felt there is a lack of character interest as well as story becoming a bit dull which didn't spark me at all.

CynicalBritannia said:

This. This is what Muv-Luv fans such as myself hate a lot about Total Eclipse (Episode 3 onward).
Total Eclipse misguided the viewers what Muv-Luv is actually all about.
It's hard to explain and you have to go through the visual novel trilogy to fully understand why Schwarzesmarken is a better representation.

As for the story itself, I have read TE and... I'm pretty sure once you've read it, you'll be pretty disappointed especially if you're shipping Yuuya x

Yes I read about the YuuyaxYui shipping which is what I had hope until reading the news but Im still happy with YuuyaxCryska.
Mar 31, 2016 7:51 AM

Jan 2008
Renaultclio101 said:
planetwarrior said:

I have just finished the series last night, it did get a little bit better but I had to take the anime as an overall series. I felt from episode 11 it was rushed and yes it did stay on the topic but felt there is a lack of character interest as well as story becoming a bit dull which didn't spark me at all.

Yes I read about the YuuyaxYui shipping which is what I had hope until reading the news but Im still happy with YuuyaxCryska.

Altho it's quite sad that
has to happen though.
TPatrioticOtakuMar 31, 2016 7:55 AM
Mar 31, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
planetwarrior said:

has to happen though.

Yeah it is
but I think the anime series has acutally stopped at a decent stage than going further which may just be like Schwarzesmarken. To be honest, Schwarzesmarken
characters were just dull and when they
Mar 31, 2016 2:40 PM
Feb 2009
I watched 3 first and 2 last episodes and didn't miss a thing. Just boring cliche stuff.
@planetwarrior:
Too happy dancy end.
Mar 31, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2008
Renaultclio101 said:
planetwarrior said:

has to happen though.

Yeah it is
but I think the anime series has acutally stopped at a decent stage than going further which may just be like Schwarzesmarken. To be honest, Schwarzesmarken
characters were just dull and when they

Total Eclipse is nothing like Schwarzesmarken at all. Total Eclipse didn't get a good reception compare to Schwarzesmarken during its air time because the story and character didn't move much compare to Schwarzesmarken character, Lise Hohenstein is better than Total Eclipse altogether BTW.
Mar 31, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2008
Bosskardo said:
I watched 3 first and 2 last episodes and didn't miss a thing. Just boring cliche stuff. Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken?
@planetwarrior:
Too happy dancy end.

Exactly, just like Schwarzesmarken last few episodes,
Mar 31, 2016 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
Bosskardo said:
I watched 3 first and 2 last episodes and didn't miss a thing. Just boring cliche stuff.
Which series? Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken?
Apr 1, 2016 1:24 AM
Feb 2009
planetwarrior said:
Bosskardo said:

Schwarzesmarken

I tried Total Eclipse too some time ago but dropped it.
Apr 1, 2016 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
[quote=planetwarrior message=45405817][quote=Renaultclio101]
planetwarrior said:

Total Eclipse is nothing like Schwarzesmarken at all. Total Eclipse didn't get a good reception compare to Schwarzesmarken during its air time because the story and character didn't move much compare to Schwarzesmarken character, Lise Hohenstein is better than Total Eclipse altogether BTW.

It is expected since Scharzesmarken is set in a world war theme compared to Total Eclipse. Though where Total Eclipse outshine is humor as well as a bit of randomness than just all seriousness which made the characters more interesting and about their personality.

Now now, Lisa Hohenstein is better than Total Eclipse is a joke. She is a
and
. She was decent at the start until the story revealed her objectives. I rather prefer Cryska over Lisa anytime
Apr 1, 2016 8:24 AM

Jan 2008
Bosskardo said:
planetwarrior said:

Schwarzesmarken

I tried Total Eclipse too some time ago but dropped it.

yeah, Total Eclipse didn't progressed well compare to Schwarzesmarken. Plus it was much slower, while Schwarzesmarken was fast-paced, but the pacing is much better than Total Eclipse tho.

[quote=Renaultclio101 message=45413182][quote=planetwarrior message=45405817]
Renaultclio101 said:
planetwarrior said:

It is expected since Scharzesmarken is set in a world war theme compared to Total Eclipse. Though where Total Eclipse outshine is humor as well as a bit of randomness than just all seriousness which made the characters more interesting and about their personality.

Now now, Lisa Hohenstein is better than Total Eclipse is a joke. She is a
and
. She was decent at the start until the story revealed her objectives. I rather prefer Cryska over Lisa anytime

Altho a Yandere makes the anime more interesting than a Kuudere.

Now if you want half humour and half serious in Muv-Luv series, I suggest starting on the original trilogy series that is coming out on steam soon http://muvluv.moe. Total Eclipse was 85% humour and 15% serious while Schwarzesmarken was 15% humour and 85% serious.
Apr 17, 2016 9:10 PM
Jan 2016
It's the Winter 2016 Mecha.

animevortexNGApr 17, 2016 9:15 PM
Apr 18, 2016 1:41 AM

Mar 2016
Wow I'd take Dimension W over this any day and it got half the votes...
At 7/10 right now, this is overrated if anything. Its so average. High 5 low 6 area rating would make more sense.
Apr 24, 2016 10:31 AM
Mar 2013
-Maz said:
It isn't a show deserving of a higher score.
Bear in mind that if you actually know how to use the 1-10 rating scale, a 6.69 score is perfectly fine. It's above-average.

As for my personal issues with this anime - the politics and drama detract from it, for me. The original Muv Luv deviated from the BETA - rather than having some last-ditch war to preserve humanity, we got beach episodes, a harem and a shounen-esque battle tournament.
Here in Schwarz, we're getting teen drama and some (for me) boring politics. In neither of these have the BETA been the main focus, which is counter-intuitive to the entire premise. It's one thing to have the politics and BETA having equal importance and occurring concurrently, but this is only a single cour. Neither side of this is going to get a decent amount of development.

It also doesn't help that the villains are so boringly clear cut, as well. The Stasi must breathe evil, look evil, speak evil, and every action they take must be insufferably EVILLLLLLLLLL.
Sigh. It doesn't feel remotely believeable. At first I found the "Cold War never officially ended" dynamic to be quite interesting, but they've absolutely butchered it. Rather than making each side seem like they have their own valid reasonings for their thinking, they've just made the Stasi seem like crazed lunatics Hell-bent on destruction and corruption.
I mean, when you have massive echelons of space aliens charging towards your base, switching all your focus into undermining your political opponent makes next to zero sense. It's one thing to take advantage of the confusion; it's another entirely to completely brush aside any threat that the BETA pose.

If this keeps on until the end, I'll probably end up giving this a 5/10 - I'm finding it better than Muv Luv Alternative but this is still really average and medicore.

Totally Agree, my review was this one, some animes doesn't deserve a high score:

To sum it up, this anime is average. The politics is even more stupid than real politics, I mean, the hierachy of this anime is all messed up, and seriously? Teenagers? Again? Why the only ones who can save the world have to be a teenager?

The story it annoys me, we have a bunch of aliens, from the moon, but no one seems to be experimenting the weakness and strength of aliens, and the best way to win a war is not with Mechas, it is with Chemical weapons, Nuclear Weapons, Radiation, etc. Why the ****** would a government create a Mecha in which must use a lot of resources in a place where hunger and death was all around?

After watching so many animes you start to realize the cliches and repetition in the stories. You'll also realize that some character are really really stupid, and do some things without reason at all, or worse, they do something that sounds noble, but appear to be stupid enough to not even realize that there will be consequences to those actions, that is one of the main reasons that some animes suck, they think people are evil just because they are evil, we don't come to this world already evil.
Apr 24, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
Probably because it's not very good. That's the main reason.

It's a wartime harem that is trying to be grimdark. It's for edgelords... who like harems. Not much cross over there.

Characters are generally pretty poor, the politics are laughably poor for it being half the selling point, the MC is one of the least interesting characters I've seen in awhile whose best idea for trying to find out if his sister was a spy was to fuck her, etc.

It's just not very good. It's 12 episodes long, has 3-4 different paper-thin villains who appear out of nowhere with no build up and are more or less the exact same person. It's massive plot twist is so obvious that they show it in the first episode if you watch after the credits. The fights are pretty weak for the most part. It really has no idea what message it wants to convey about war or how people should treat each other.

We've also already seen it in Muv Luv: Total Eclipse or whatever the other one was called. They are the exact same. The robots are the same, the enemy are the same, the characters are the same and even the "OMFG THE EVIL COMMUNISTS TRICKED US AND TURNED ON US" aspect is exactly the same.

I was ready to give this a 2/10 but the last 2 episodes were at least pretty decent and saved the show from being a total failure. Ironic. Muv Luv: Total Eclipse had 2 very good episodes at the start, this has 2 very good episodes at the end.
Apr 24, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
DeathScyth31 said:
-Maz said:
It isn't a show deserving of a higher score.
Bear in mind that if you actually know how to use the 1-10 rating scale, a 6.69 score is perfectly fine. It's above-average.

As for my personal issues with this anime - the politics and drama detract from it, for me. The original Muv Luv deviated from the BETA - rather than having some last-ditch war to preserve humanity, we got beach episodes, a harem and a shounen-esque battle tournament.
Here in Schwarz, we're getting teen drama and some (for me) boring politics. In neither of these have the BETA been the main focus, which is counter-intuitive to the entire premise. It's one thing to have the politics and BETA having equal importance and occurring concurrently, but this is only a single cour. Neither side of this is going to get a decent amount of development.

It also doesn't help that the villains are so boringly clear cut, as well. The Stasi must breathe evil, look evil, speak evil, and every action they take must be insufferably EVILLLLLLLLLL.
Sigh. It doesn't feel remotely believeable. At first I found the "Cold War never officially ended" dynamic to be quite interesting, but they've absolutely butchered it. Rather than making each side seem like they have their own valid reasonings for their thinking, they've just made the Stasi seem like crazed lunatics Hell-bent on destruction and corruption.
I mean, when you have massive echelons of space aliens charging towards your base, switching all your focus into undermining your political opponent makes next to zero sense. It's one thing to take advantage of the confusion; it's another entirely to completely brush aside any threat that the BETA pose.

If this keeps on until the end, I'll probably end up giving this a 5/10 - I'm finding it better than Muv Luv Alternative but this is still really average and medicore.

Totally Agree, my review was this one, some animes doesn't deserve a high score:

To sum it up, this anime is average. The politics is even more stupid than real politics, I mean, the hierachy of this anime is all messed up, and seriously? Teenagers? Again? Why the only ones who can save the world have to be a teenager?

The story it annoys me, we have a bunch of aliens, from the moon, but no one seems to be experimenting the weakness and strength of aliens, and the best way to win a war is not with Mechas, it is with Chemical weapons, Nuclear Weapons, Radiation, etc. Why the ****** would a government create a Mecha in which must use a lot of resources in a place where hunger and death was all around?

After watching so many animes you start to realize the cliches and repetition in the stories. You'll also realize that some character are really really stupid, and do some things without reason at all, or worse, they do something that sounds noble, but appear to be stupid enough to not even realize that there will be consequences to those actions, that is one of the main reasons that some animes suck, they think people are evil just because they are evil, we don't come to this world already evil.

I don't even like the anime and I think your review is poor.

The anime already pointed out that nukes don't really work on the BETA. So nuking them and using radiation wouldn't work.

Also... "Why did they make a mecha that used lots of resources when people are hungry and dying around?"

Seriously? Is that you point?

1. Robots are made of metal. You can't eat metal. Your point about people being hungry and it being a waste of resources is stupid.
2. It's a war. People are usually hungry in war. It's to be expected. Would you rather be hungry or extinct? Pretty sure people are happy to be on rations if it means that more money can be used on a war to stop a rampaging alien race from wiping out all of mankind.
3. People are dying, yes... that's why they made the robots. To protect them.

Seriously. That's just such a childish opinion of the anime, I was surprised to see your age when I looked at your profile. It's got so much shit to point out... why pick points that are either dumb or incorrect?

If you want to complain about wasting money on the military... why not make a point about the tanks and infantry? Tanks and infantry in this anime are shown to be hugely ineffective. The resources and manpower spent on those could have been spent making more mechs which are hugely superior. That's at least a somewhat valid criticism, even if there are counter points for that too.
Apr 25, 2016 5:15 AM
Mar 2013
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
DeathScyth31 said:

The anime already pointed out that nukes don't really work on the BETA. So nuking them and using radiation wouldn't work.

Also... "Why did they make a mecha that used lots of resources when people are hungry and dying around?"

1. Robots are made of metal. You can't eat metal. Your point about people being hungry and it being a waste of resources is stupid.
2. It's a war. People are usually hungry in war. It's to be expected. Would you rather be hungry or extinct? Pretty sure people are happy to be on rations if it means that more money can be used on a war to stop a rampaging alien race from wiping out all of mankind.

Seriously. That's just such a childish opinion of the anime, I was surprised to see your age when I looked at your profile. It's got so much shit to point out... why pick points that are either dumb or incorrect?

If you want to complain about wasting money on the military... why not make a point about the tanks and infantry? Tanks and infantry in this anime are shown to be hugely ineffective. The resources and manpower spent on those could have been spent making more mechs which are hugely superior. That's at least a somewhat valid criticism, even if there are counter points for that too.

Seriously? That is the problem with my Review? "You can't eat metal" While I do agree with my mistake talking about nuclear weapons still doesn't change the facts that create Mechas are really stupid since we can create/have different types of weapons, chemical weapons as I stated would be way more efficient against living organisms.

"It's to be expected" Of course in war hunger is to be expected, my point was the same as the one above, there are no reason to create a huge Mecha to protect anything, it is ridiculous to think of a weapon like this. It's obvious if we were even invaded by aliens I doubt the first thought in everyones mind is to create a fricking huge robot. It is a ridiculous concept, that's why I was criticizing that part of this Genre (I can't even believe that I've liked mecha in the past). That's why I was criticizing the idea of Mecha, not just resources, but the role concept.
The concept of Mecha for me became something stupid, because most of animes could use some other weapon instead of Mechas.

While I do agree I didn't make a good review (it was short and not well made) my points are still solid, even if I didn't express myself right. (Which I thank you for criticizing it, I want to get better at arguments in English).
LucandoreApr 25, 2016 5:20 AM
Apr 25, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2015
DeathScyth31 said:
ThatDarnIrishMan said:

Seriously? That is the problem with my Review? "You can't eat metal" While I do agree with my mistake talking about nuclear weapons still doesn't change the facts that create Mechas are really stupid since we can create/have different types of weapons, chemical weapons as I stated would be way more efficient against living organisms.

"It's to be expected" Of course in war hunger is to be expected, my point was the same as the one above, there are no reason to create a huge Mecha to protect anything, it is ridiculous to think of a weapon like this. It's obvious if we were even invaded by aliens I doubt the first thought in everyones mind is to create a fricking huge robot. It is a ridiculous concept, that's why I was criticizing that part of this Genre (I can't even believe that I've liked mecha in the past). That's why I was criticizing the idea of Mecha, not just resources, but the role concept.
The concept of Mecha for me became something stupid, because most of animes could use some other weapon instead of Mechas.

While I do agree I didn't make a good review (it was short and not well made) my points are still solid, even if I didn't express myself right. (Which I thank you for criticizing it, I want to get better at arguments in English).

Love when people try to parrot you when trying to argue against your point.

Nuclear weapons are also usually effective against biological organisms. Since nukes don't work, I'm assuming basic chemicals wouldn't be too effective either. Even at that, chemicals are more than likely going to cause a lot of environmental damage and since a lot of your point is complaining about people being hungry, I'm sure massive potential environmental damage is probably a worse thing for the ecosystem supporting food than mecha.

Is your main issue with this anime that it's a mecha anime? Is your issue with Gundam that it has mechs? Is your issue with Evangelion that they have mechs to fight in the Angels? Just a spoiler. Mechs probably are the way of war in the future. Advanced military are already developing robots to assist in combat, they're developing exo-suits for humans to wear to boost their basic strength. That's the first step into making Mechs.

Imagine you are fighting an alien 100 feet tall that moves as fast as an animal would, but proportionally bigger. A 6 foot man gets stepped on. A tank that's what, 15 feet tall is too slow to avoid it... so why wouldn't you design something 100 foot tall that moves and reacts like a human? It's either that or go Ragnastrike Angels/Ultraman and make people grow huge, but, well, that's unlikely.

As pointed out, they have other weapons... they just aren't very good. Mechs are more manoeuvrable than planes so are better for quick attacks. Mechs can carry more weapons than conventional vehicles since they are bigger and have arms. Tanks are shown to be wholly ineffective against the BETA.

Your opinion is just dumb. It really is. Your point isn't valid and they are weak as hell. Your entire point is "Why did they make mechs, they should use other weapons and also, people are hungry."

The people are hungry bit has nothing to do with mechs whatsoever. At all. In any way. Literally couldn't be any further apart. The productions of mechs does not lead to a food shortage. If the mechs were made out of bread, you may have a point. They aren't. They're made of metal, plastics, etc. Things people don't and can't eat.

You whined that they didn't use any other weapons. They did. Tanks didn't work. Boats were effective enough but limited to being used at sea and also they only worked because they were defended by mechs. The fortresses were ineffective without the mechs going out to destroy the Heavy Laser Class. Infantry were shown to be slaughtered. Planes could only attack once the laser class were killed by the mechs. Artillery was ineffective due to the high scatter and also because many of the rounds were shot down by the laser class.

You complained they didn't use nukes. The anime already covered that. You complained they didn't use chemical weapons. Honestly, one of the two anime probably DID cover that but I really don't want to go back and watch 30+ episodes of two weak anime to prove to you that your point is dumb. Hell, the visual novels probably did too but I'm so not up for going to those for this either. Even at that. If nukes and radiation are ineffective against the giant aliens, I'm pretty sure chemicals really aren't going to be super effective either. Even at that, the aliens seem to have a very diverse range of species. It would be incredibly hard to develop chemicals that would kill off each individual race and wouldn't just decimate half the planet.

Remember Vietnam? Where America used very effective chemical weapons... and they did very little to stop the war? The aliens live underground and in gigantic hives. Getting chemicals to them would be very hard in enough quantity to kill them. Who also says they wouldn't just evolve pretty quickly to ignore that? Even at that again, maybe they ARE developing chemicals. Maybe those will be produced in the next few years in canon... but how are they going to defend themselves against the constant attacks until the chemicals are ready, tested, produced in large enough quantities and delivered.... oh yeah. Mechs.

Also... how would you deliver the chemicals? Missile strikes? Shot down by laser class. Planes? Shot down by laser class. Driving them there? Good luck. The best way would be... the mechs to carry them. So even if chemicals worked. The mechs would still be the best way. They're fast enough and heavily armoured enough to cross huge areas of land to get close to the hives.

So, yeah. Your points aren't valid. You can convince yourself they are, but they just aren't. You just don't like mecha for whatever reason. I don't mind people shitting on this anime. It isn't very good... but at least have a single good point if you're going to do this.

This anime involved A LOT of stupid shit. Like, a lot. It was near unwatchable at points.. but you didn't even use any of those points. Brother sleeping with sister to try and make her not a spy. All of the edgelordy backstories. The awful characters. The generally boring combat. The awful portrayal of politics. The twists that aren't actually twists because they were so obvious. The sister having like 17 different personalities all in the same sentence of dialogue. All valid things to shit on. "There being mechs" is not a valid argument in a mech anime.

Done though, my points have been made. Nothing else to say. Your review is poor and your points are just invalid and barely thought through.
Apr 25, 2016 7:52 AM
Mar 2013
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
DeathScyth31 said:

Love when people try to parrot you when trying to argue against your point.

Nuclear weapons are also usually effective against biological organisms. Since nukes don't work, I'm assuming basic chemicals wouldn't be too effective either. Even at that, chemicals are more than likely going to cause a lot of environmental damage and since a lot of your point is complaining about people being hungry, I'm sure massive potential environmental damage is probably a worse thing for the ecosystem supporting food than mecha.

Is your main issue with this anime that it's a mecha anime? Is your issue with Gundam that it has mechs? Is your issue with Evangelion that they have mechs to fight in the Angels? Just a spoiler. Mechs probably are the way of war in the future. Advanced military are already developing robots to assist in combat, they're developing exo-suits for humans to wear to boost their basic strength. That's the first step into making Mechs.

Imagine you are fighting an alien 100 feet tall that moves as fast as an animal would, but proportionally bigger. A 6 foot man gets stepped on. A tank that's what, 15 feet tall is too slow to avoid it... so why wouldn't you design something 100 foot tall that moves and reacts like a human? It's either that or go Ragnastrike Angels/Ultraman and make people grow huge, but, well, that's unlikely.

As pointed out, they have other weapons... they just aren't very good. Mechs are more manoeuvrable than planes so are better for quick attacks. Mechs can carry more weapons than conventional vehicles since they are bigger and have arms. Tanks are shown to be wholly ineffective against the BETA.

Your opinion is just dumb. It really is. Your point isn't valid and they are weak as hell. Your entire point is "Why did they make mechs, they should use other weapons and also, people are hungry."

The people are hungry bit has nothing to do with mechs whatsoever. At all. In any way. Literally couldn't be any further apart. The productions of mechs does not lead to a food shortage. If the mechs were made out of bread, you may have a point. They aren't. They're made of metal, plastics, etc. Things people don't and can't eat.

You whined that they didn't use any other weapons. They did. Tanks didn't work. Boats were effective enough but limited to being used at sea and also they only worked because they were defended by mechs. The fortresses were ineffective without the mechs going out to destroy the Heavy Laser Class. Infantry were shown to be slaughtered. Planes could only attack once the laser class were killed by the mechs. Artillery was ineffective due to the high scatter and also because many of the rounds were shot down by the laser class.

You complained they didn't use nukes. The anime already covered that. You complained they didn't use chemical weapons. Honestly, one of the two anime probably DID cover that but I really don't want to go back and watch 30+ episodes of two weak anime to prove to you that your point is dumb. Hell, the visual novels probably did too but I'm so not up for going to those for this either. Even at that. If nukes and radiation are ineffective against the giant aliens, I'm pretty sure chemicals really aren't going to be super effective either. Even at that, the aliens seem to have a very diverse range of species. It would be incredibly hard to develop chemicals that would kill off each individual race and wouldn't just decimate half the planet.

Remember Vietnam? Where America used very effective chemical weapons... and they did very little to stop the war? The aliens live underground and in gigantic hives. Getting chemicals to them would be very hard in enough quantity to kill them. Who also says they wouldn't just evolve pretty quickly to ignore that? Even at that again, maybe they ARE developing chemicals. Maybe those will be produced in the next few years in canon... but how are they going to defend themselves against the constant attacks until the chemicals are ready, tested, produced in large enough quantities and delivered.... oh yeah. Mechs.

Also... how would you deliver the chemicals? Missile strikes? Shot down by laser class. Planes? Shot down by laser class. Driving them there? Good luck. The best way would be... the mechs to carry them. So even if chemicals worked. The mechs would still be the best way. They're fast enough and heavily armoured enough to cross huge areas of land to get close to the hives.

So, yeah. Your points aren't valid. You can convince yourself they are, but they just aren't. You just don't like mecha for whatever reason. I don't mind people shitting on this anime. It isn't very good... but at least have a single good point if you're going to do this.

This anime involved A LOT of stupid shit. Like, a lot. It was near unwatchable at points.. but you didn't even use any of those points. Brother sleeping with sister to try and make her not a spy. All of the edgelordy backstories. The awful characters. The generally boring combat. The awful portrayal of politics. The twists that aren't actually twists because they were so obvious. The sister having like 17 different personalities all in the same sentence of dialogue. All valid things to shit on. "There being mechs" is not a valid argument in a mech anime.

Done though, my points have been made. Nothing else to say. Your review is poor and your points are just invalid and barely thought through.

I am gonna think about, some of your points made sense. But I doubt mecha like those showed in this genre are the future, even if do I agree that robots are the future, but mechas? I doubt it.
Jun 14, 2016 6:28 PM

Apr 2014
I've just completed the series. I think it's deserving of around 5.5 in my scale, which is approximately a 7 on MAL, so the current score is "accurate".

The last few episodes introduced so many inconsistencies and new/random elements that would never be drawn on. I made this thread when I was on episode 7. Since episode 9, it has declined.
Aug 12, 2021 12:44 PM
Apr 2018
because the show is dogshit.
The characters are dogshit, the plot is dogshit, the twists are dogshit, the internal logic is dogshit and the ending was dogshit.
I wonder how it is even rated above 50%
Jul 3, 2022 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
because this is MAL

no masochistic MC and violent heroines? Or crappy cliched settings? It wont get highly rated here usually

just look at the drones who rate Rental Girlfriend with a 10
Apr 18, 2023 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
I was wondering the same. Some people rate 10 a shitty show then rate 1 shows they drop by episode 1. People who drop an anime this early on shouldn't be able to rate it. It's not fair. 
It did feel rushed, but so what? The story is great! Besides rushed >>> drag. 
[ Insert signature here ]
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 25, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Schwarzesmarken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

76 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.