Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2016 6:21 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
new character and about half of it was recap maybe for people who haven't watch S1 and S2.
story more focused on Ulith, good story I guess, a bit confused with who is who though because of the new character.
Feb 17, 2016 6:42 PM
Apr 2013
Shaorina said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
new character and about half of it was recap maybe for people who haven't watch S1 and S2.
story more focused on Ulith, good story I guess, a bit confused with who is who though because of the new character.

Can you give me a brief summary of the movie?
Feb 22, 2016 5:33 AM

May 2012
Frost190 said:
Shaorina said:

Can you give me a brief summary of the movie?

it's a story about ruko, ulith and new character when they was little and a short sequel to the tv anime version
Mar 17, 2016 8:15 PM
Feb 2014
Where can we find subs?
Mar 18, 2016 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
legoboomette said:
Where can we find subs?

there are no subs yet we have to wait for BD
Jul 6, 2016 6:30 AM
Apr 2015
still no subs? i can't find this anywhere
Jul 25, 2016 4:31 AM

Jun 2015
is this movie as good as the series cant watch until subs
Aug 13, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
Its out in like forever why still no subs??
Aug 27, 2016 3:34 PM
Apr 2012
DarK-LaW said:

The dvd got released on 8/24.

We only need to wait for subs
Aug 28, 2016 10:59 PM
Mar 2015
iliYa8801 said:
DarK-LaW said:

I can't find the raw on nyaa.se, could you please PM me where to find it?
Aug 28, 2016 11:48 PM
Apr 2012
meimei346 said:
iliYa8801 said:

I can't find the raw on nyaa.se, could you please PM me where to find it?

That information came from the official twitter page. Idk if there's any raw online.
Aug 29, 2016 1:38 AM
Mar 2015
iliYa8801 said:

That information came from the official twitter page. Idk if there's any raw online.

I see, thanks anyway.
It looks like Asenshi got the raw already since they're working on the encode.
Aug 29, 2016 1:42 AM
Apr 2012
meimei346 said:
iliYa8801 said:

I see, thanks anyway.
It looks like Asenshi got the raw already since they're working on the encode.

Thanks for the info!
Sep 11, 2016 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
legoboomette said:
Where can we find subs?

here it is but in chinese hardsub i guess
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=848054
Sep 11, 2016 12:23 PM
Feb 2014
I meant English subs lol
Sep 21, 2016 8:44 PM

Oct 2010
Hoping subs come out before Lostorage starts :/
Oct 2, 2016 6:52 PM
May 2016
Asenshi has just released their subbed version with perfect timing.
Oct 3, 2016 7:13 AM

Aug 2008
I absolutely love the new prospective the movie brought with only a few new scenes and wisely cropped old scenes. But the power of a very well done narration leading us to this new-ish ending was the most impressive. It was nice of them to show us how Tama received her name and to see Ulith in a whole new light. As much as I despised her in the TV series, Sachi made me turn my opinion of her around. Glad she was "saved" at the end. Very strong last 10 minutes.

To be honest I enjoyed it more then both seasons xD Now let's hope lostorage is at least as good as destructed was.
nikolai131Oct 3, 2016 7:17 AM

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Oct 3, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Can I have a summary of what's not recap ?

Don't want to waste 2h tbh
Oct 3, 2016 12:30 PM

Feb 2007
It really feels a bit too rushed and missing too many important details to rate it as high as the original two series, but the new details are still a welcome sight. It does feel a bit like unlike the series where everyone deserving one (that is, everyone except Ulith) got a happy ending, this time Sachi was screwed over a bit. Or if not her, since she did actually get her wish, then Ruuko who would never be able to meet her again. One also wonders the implications of this and the fact that her body was technically shown to be still alive, if in a coma. Or what happened to Rumi's original body, actually. I guess there may still be some tiny bit of hope for them, but that's over 99% wishful thinking and nothing even the magic of WIXOSS could fix even if it wasn't gone by now.
Oct 3, 2016 12:56 PM

Oct 2014
It was a really messy recap, most of the times I was trying to remember what happened in the actual series because this wasn't telling me much. The scenes at the end were nice though, I'd recommend just watching those instead, there are stuff that is scattered throughout the movie that you need to watch to understand some of those scenes though, so it's up to you.
Oct 3, 2016 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
well that movie confused the hell out of me.

*spoiler/summary*
in the beginning we see a scene involving a younger Ulith (aka "Rumi" as her younger self is called, you can decipher that kugiyama rie as this Rumi/Ulith voice) along with a new character named "Sachi". along with that, we see another scene where we can clearly hear Tama's voice as the younger version of Ruuko (along with her older brother and grandma), so you think or the movie suggests that somewhere along the lines before the present they either had a body swap or real swap (family circumstances or something?).
Sachi is depressed about her name since Rumi told her something depressing about Sachi's name (her name in kanji is happiness and if you remove a stroke it spells out painfulness).
Younger Ruuko (aka younger Tama) is also depressed about her name since her family is going to get a name change due to her parents' divorce.
Sachi & Younger Ruuko meet each other (for the first time, we can tell these are Sachi and Younger Ruuko/present Tama since their outfits are the same as the previous scenes) where they have fun and where we find the origin of the name "Tama". Since they met each other coincidentally, and neither one is willing to give the other her name as each was depressed with their names, Sachi gives Younger Ruuko the name "Tama" since they met each other "coincidentally" which in japanese is "tama-tama".

Here's the confusing part: is Sachi our present Ruuko? Judging by the voices, it's hard to tell but listening by the voices you can definitely tell that younger Ruuko is present Tama and Rumi is present Ulith. Furthermore, later on in the movie, present Ruuko says herself that Tama was Ruuko and Ruuko was Tama. This all stems from my own trying to decipher voices in which young Sachi's voice is not distinct, so I can't personally attribute it to present Ruuko or present Sachi

This is further confusing since later on in the movie we see Ulith (or Rumi, in the body of Iona) visit present Sachi who is not present Ruuko but rather some other girl in the hospital since she tried to commit suicide. Furthermore, even though present Sachi is in the hospital, Sachi is also a LRIG actively playing as "Hanare" - meaning to say Sachi is no longer in the body of the original Sachi. This is also reinforced in the beginning where we see Sachi in LRIG form, aka Hanare, where Mayu says that Sachi/Hanare's come back again - meaning that Sachi/Hanare has been going through the body swap for a while.

Also we know that in the end, when everyone is supposedly back to their original bodies, Sachi/Hanare and Rumi cry in each other's arms as souls in happiness knowing that they'll be together, supposedly unable to return to their original bodies.

More confusing: Hanare/present LRIG Sachi said that Tama granted her wish in the past so we definitely know they knew each other.

What we know:
present Tama = younger Ruuko, present Ulith = past Rumi, Sachi is not present Ruuko.
What this may mean:
Sachi met Tama in the past but this doesn't make sense since present Ruuko says that meeting was between herself and Tama, but Ruuko and Sachi are two entirely different people. But this doesn't make any sense either since if you look at that flashback scene, the person that was naming "Tama" clearly stated (or was about to, she cut herself off the Sa-) her name was Sachi.
So Sachi named past Ruuko, Tama.
present Ruuko says that Tama gave Ruuko the name Tama (and implied a name switch somewhere along the lines).
Sachi and Ruuko are different people.
WTF

so this all means... that present Ruuko randomly popped up since she doesn't appear anywhere in the past. Either that or she was a part of past Tama.

Overall, the movie was a recap with the new parts being incredibly confusing when taking the chronology of the series

if you want to watch the mvoie for some new material, that's essentially the first ten minutes, and the last ten minutes.
OniikamiOct 3, 2016 1:16 PM
Oct 3, 2016 1:21 PM

Aug 2008
Oniikami said:
is Sachi our present Ruuko?

No, Sachi is the dark LRIG that Iona (Ulith in her body) and Tama battled.

Oniikami said:

present Tama = younger Ruuko, present Ulith = past Rumi, Sachi is not present Ruuko.
What this may mean:
Sachi met Tama in the past but this doesn't make sense since present Ruuko says that meeting was between herself and Tama, but Ruuko and Sachi are two entirely different people. But this doesn't make any sense either since if you look at that flashback scene, the person that was naming "Tama" clearly stated (or was about to, she cut herself off the Sa-) her name was Sachi.
So Sachi named past Ruuko, Tama.
present Ruuko says that Tama gave Ruuko the name Tama (and implied a name switch somewhere along the lines).
Sachi and Ruuko are different people.

Well Actually, Tama is NOT Ruuko. Younger Ruuko is Ruuko lol
As for Tama she is still one of the two "friends" that Miyu made. What the flashbacks are referring to is where Tama's name came from - Ruuko didn't actually remember Sachi giving her tha name "Tama" when they refused to tell each other their names. So when Ruuko first used her in battle and gave her the name, that was the only name that came to her mind at the time.

Also "present Ruuko", as you refer to her, never implied that Tama gave her the name "Tama". She just remembered that "Tama" was her name (referring to the the time Sachi gave her that name)

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Oct 3, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2014
Ruu finally meets human Tama

Highlight of the movie

Oct 3, 2016 8:30 PM

Aug 2008
nikolai131 said:
Well Actually, Tama is NOT Ruuko. Younger Ruuko is Ruuko lol
As for Tama she is still one of the two "friends" that Miyu made. What the flashbacks are referring to is where Tama's name came from - Ruuko didn't actually remember Sachi giving her tha name "Tama" when they refused to tell each other their names. So when Ruuko first used her in battle and gave her the name, that was the only name that came to her mind at the time.

Also "present Ruuko", as you refer to her, never implied that Tama gave her the name "Tama". She just remembered that "Tama" was her name (referring to the the time Sachi gave her that name)

I think my main problem is with the voices in those flashbacks. i might be hearing things off or their voices might be extremely similar, but younger Ruuko's voice sounds identical to Tama
Oct 3, 2016 10:31 PM

Sep 2015
Ruu meeting human Tama instantly made watching this recap movie worth it. The new content was pretty nice, the recap was okay, it did it's job although not particularly well.
Oct 4, 2016 2:05 AM

Feb 2007
HecticLeo said:
Ruu meeting human Tama instantly made watching this recap movie worth it.

Definitely agreed, that was by far the one thing we needed from this the most.

HecticLeo said:
[...]it did it's job although not particularly well.

Indeed. And while I do understand that it is difficult to cram two seasons of story into a movie so it has to skip a lot of the story, I will never understand how anyone would have considered it a good idea to cut off the end of the Ulith versus Ruuko battle, especially from a movie that focuses a bit more on Ulith's side of the story. This is the one moment that best shows her strength as a player, being able to actually beat Ruuko, and the strength of her will, being able to force Tama to level 5.
Oct 4, 2016 5:22 AM
Apr 2015
The torrent from Asenshi doesn't work in France... :/
Oct 4, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2012
sitting through that messy recap for the few new scenes wasn't really worth it :| although the ending scene was nice.
Oct 4, 2016 11:27 AM

Dec 2014
It was a pretty decent movie, Though it was mostly just a super fast paced recap of the TV series I still liked it.

It was however interesting to get a little more spotlight from Ulith's perspective and the flashbacks with Ruuko, Sachi and Ulith were really nice.

The added scenes at the end were great, The Tama and Ruuko reunion was really heartwarming. :)
Interesting to note that Sachi gave Ruuko the name Tama and that was what influenced her to name Shiro as Tama and eventually that Tama was the reason Ulith was saved. That was kind of an interesting play on one of the show's theme's of how everyone is connected, Sometimes through the most random and simplest of events.

Overall I'd say the recap served it's purpose, It was a nice reintroduction back into the Wixoss world especially with the new Wixoss series beginning this week and the final minutes were worth it.
7/10
Lelouch0202Oct 4, 2016 11:33 AM
Oct 5, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
As a recap it doesn't work, but all the new footage makes it up for me.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 7, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2007
I absolutely loved everything they added to the movie, especially with Ulith since she needed it. The recap wasn't really necessary, but I still enjoyed every minute despite having watched the series only a few months ago :9
Oct 7, 2016 9:39 PM

Dec 2012
Watching this made me notice I remember absolutely nothing from Spread. ¬¬
2014 Fall must have been in one of those semesters...
Too bad the movies doesn't help much with the lore part of WIXOSS either. The stuff about Mayu's story was almost completely left off, and that is one of the things I remember the less from the show.

Oh well, the new stuff was pretty good, though. Everything regarding Sachi, Rumi/Ulith, and Ruuko was pretty nice. Also loved the scenes with the first season's LRIGs as humans. And of course, Tama and Ruuko meeting at last! There was even some eye-licking involved!

One question (OK, some questions, actually): I don't really remember if Spread explains this, but has Iona been Kuro/Yuki from the start, or was her body just some regular human (who we didn't get to see) before Infected? If the latter, is Kuro/Yuki gone now? Or is she a part of Shiro/Tama, making the real life Tama actually Mayu as well? Or did we simply not get to see Kuro/Yuki after they defeated Mayu, although she might be out there somewhere?

luinthoron said:
I guess there may still be some tiny bit of hope for them, but that's over 99% wishful thinking and nothing even the magic of WIXOSS could fix even if it wasn't gone by now.

Well, that same magic was even able to create a entirely new body for Tama, so I don't think it'd be impossible.
Oct 7, 2016 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
Well I think I got just about everything I needed from this(kind of). Very satisfying ending for all involved parties, except Mayu and Yuki really. From the end it seems like Mayu still exists to some extent in her world, which I suppose explains why the battles are still possible in Lostorage. Yuki I assume returned to being Iona Urazoe(but then who knows what becomes of the original Iona?) but with all of her spotlight in Spread I would have liked something more for her.

Ulith and Sachi's story was the best addition to round things out, their ending was probably the most powerful bit of the series, and even topped Ruko and Tama meeting in person for me. Really well done working that in the way they did.
Oct 8, 2016 6:11 AM

Feb 2007
Tulicloure said:
One question (OK, some questions, actually): I don't really remember if Spread explains this, but has Iona been Kuro/Yuki from the start, or was her body just some regular human (who we didn't get to see) before Infected? If the latter, is Kuro/Yuki gone now? Or is she a part of Shiro/Tama, making the real life Tama actually Mayu as well? Or did we simply not get to see Kuro/Yuki after they defeated Mayu, although she might be out there somewhere?

Iona was a regular human originally ans we get to meet her in Spread after Tama refuses to take over her body when Ulith leaves it to become Mayu's LRIG. No information on the fate of Kuro/Yuki, though. But considering Ruuko's wish and Tama behaving like she usually has, I'd expect Yuki to be out there with a new body as well.

Tulicloure said:
luinthoron said:
I guess there may still be some tiny bit of hope for them, but that's over 99% wishful thinking and nothing even the magic of WIXOSS could fix even if it wasn't gone by now.

Well, that same magic was even able to create a entirely new body for Tama, so I don't think it'd be impossible.

Good point. Still, for better or worse, the magic's gone now.
luinthoronOct 8, 2016 6:14 AM
Oct 8, 2016 6:44 AM

Dec 2012
luinthoron said:
Tulicloure said:

Iona was a regular human originally ans we get to meet her in Spread after Tama refuses to take over her body when Ulith leaves it to become Mayu's LRIG. No information on the fate of Kuro/Yuki, though. But considering Ruuko's wish and Tama behaving like she usually has, I'd expect Yuki to be out there with a new body as well.

Thank you! That was quite helpful. Hope we see Yuki in the future.
Oct 8, 2016 8:53 AM

Feb 2013
It actually had a happy ending.
Rumi and Sachi are together.
I'm not sure if Rumi was evil from the start or if she became like that because people treated her awfully.
Oct 8, 2016 8:01 PM

Feb 2016
Ulquiorra said:
It actually had a happy ending.
Rumi and Sachi are together.
I'm not sure if Rumi was evil from the start or if she became like that because people treated her awfully.

True... we didn't see "clearly" the reason why she became like that...

Besides that it was a great movie and I kind of like the theme of this anime. I liked the music and animation a lot.

Almost great series to me.
Oct 10, 2016 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
I think that instead of being a movie, this should have been an OVA focused only on Rumi and her past. I mean, I loved the scenes of her and Sachi but still something's off. Why did she become so cruel? Is that because everyone used to treat her badly?
I also wanted to see more about Sachi, I don't know. I enjoyed the movie but I think it could have been better under so many aspects.
Oct 10, 2016 7:44 AM

Jan 2015
Tulicloure said:

Actually, the way i'm interpreting it, is that Tama is actually using Sachi's body. Maybe that's why Sachi mentioned Tama specifically. It makes sense. Also new Tama has same haircolor as Sachi (and eye color i think) and her hair was longish at the back.

Sachi wanted to be with Rumi and Tama wanted to be with Ruuko, win-win.
Oct 10, 2016 4:22 PM

Dec 2012
xshirino said:
Why did she become so cruel? Is that because everyone used to treat her badly?

The movie doesn't make it clear, but my theory is that she was probably abandoned by her family (or they died), and she was raised by people who only pretended to care about her. That's why she kept talking about how people only pretended to be by her side, but always left her alone when it truly mattered (or something along those lines).

But that's just a theory...

Frozenkex said:
Tulicloure said:

Actually, the way i'm interpreting it, is that Tama is actually using Sachi's body. Maybe that's why Sachi mentioned Tama specifically. It makes sense. Also new Tama has same haircolor as Sachi (and eye color i think) and her hair was longish at the back.

Sachi wanted to be with Rumi and Tama wanted to be with Ruuko, win-win.

Huh. You might be right.
I was under the impression that Sachi eye's were blue-ish, but looking better they seem to be more of a dark-gray color than that. Tama had light-gray/silver eyes in her LRIG form, but they were darker in the real world.
Oct 10, 2016 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
Tulicloure said:
xshirino said:
Why did she become so cruel? Is that because everyone used to treat her badly?

The movie doesn't make it clear, but my theory is that she was probably abandoned by her family (or they died), and she was raised by people who only pretended to care about her. That's why she kept talking about how people only pretended to be by her side, but always left her alone when it truly mattered (or something along those lines)

That's a nice theory. I kinda have the feeling her parents didn't want her so they ended up abandoning her too, I don't think they died, unless she killed them but it looks too exaggerate to me. I really wish we got a clearer sight of her past. I've always been curious over her character.
Oct 14, 2016 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
DAT IONA ASS!

Ulith: Tama, Gay Bulge.

Ruu: Iona-san, Raw Anus.

LRIG Yuzuki oppai was on point during her battle LRIG Iona.

All dat ass at the end tho!

That Ruu and Tama scene. Now Tama can go battoru with Ruu in real life.

Pretty good movie. The new bits were interesting. Wish they showed Yuzuki getting together with Kazuki.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 15, 2016 7:40 PM

Mar 2014
Now, that's how you do a recap. Extra content included who sounds solid addition instead of fanfic, and some changes (Ulith+Mayu VS Yuki+Ruuko so much better). Also, good pacing

They kind of failed in show some major events, like Hanayo sick, Black Tama, the punkish red-haired girl who wrote the novels, etc, but time was short. They did their best.

Damn, Ulith was a unlikeable asshole in the original, and with some extra scenes they managed to touch her hidden deeps so well...kudos to you, Mari Okada.

Only complain is that they STILL don't show human Yuki/Kuro, or even give a hint. But then, Tama eyelicking got me so happy...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 16, 2016 12:16 AM

May 2014
This was the conclusion I was looking for. Excellent movie despite almost 70% of it were just recaps of Infected and Spread. Oh God the whole Selector series was great.
Infected and Spread - 9/10
Destructed - 10/10

ED song by Wakeshima Kanon was also a masterpiece
Oct 22, 2016 7:23 AM

Feb 2013
This movie was awful. But the side story was good. I mean the Ulith story. Do no watch this before Infected and Spread it makes their story useless, It is just a crappy recap.

AlexTheRiot said:
Well I think I got just about everything I needed from this(kind of). Very satisfying ending for all involved parties, except Mayu and Yuki really. From the end it seems like Mayu still exists to some extent in her world, which I suppose explains why the battles are still possible in Lostorage. Yuki I assume returned to being Iona Urazoe(but then who knows what becomes of the original Iona?) but with all of her spotlight in Spread I would have liked something more for her.

Ulith and Sachi's story was the best addition to round things out, their ending was probably the most powerful bit of the series, and even topped Ruko and Tama meeting in person for me. Really well done working that in the way they did.

Here is the issue with watching the movie it complete takes the tension out of the story.
PoisonedTeaOct 22, 2016 7:27 AM
Oct 23, 2016 7:25 AM
Mar 2016
The scene moving so fast, leave me confuse at all.
The battle music was good, i like it.
The ending was my favorite part although i'm not into it at all.

I never watch the series, so for me the movie was good.
Oct 23, 2016 8:13 PM

Feb 2014
So... instead of doing an OVA or an episode 13 they make a recap movie.......

Hm... I got confused with one thing: Mayu created Iona? She created Tama, right. But Iona wasn't originally a human just like Ruuko?

Anyway, cute ending and they weren't cold about Tama and Ruuko's meeting: a tight, long and warm embrace. Usually we would get just a handshake and that's all - japanese cold way of expressing feeligs.

TechOtakuOct 24, 2016 1:12 PM
Oct 24, 2016 10:27 AM
Aug 2012
Viteracf said:
Hm... I got confused with one thing: Mayu created Iona? She created Tama, right. But Iona wasn't originally a human just like Ruuko?

mayu created kuro and shiro which are iona and tama.
Oct 29, 2016 9:25 AM
Apr 2015
I liked the movie although there was so much recap because I really like the style of Mayu's world and the different clothes they used for the LRIGs.

I came to the following conclusions:
1. Rumi's body is dead. We'ver never seen it in the present and it explains why she doesn't return to her body.
2. Rumi gets to be in Sachi's body. It's the reason why Sachi will never leave her alone again. They are going to share one body. It also explain's why we see them with their human hair color in the last scene.
3. The movie conveniently cut the part about Yuki not being Iona xD I had to look this up again. Iona(who the body original belong to)'s wish was not to be Iona and that's why Yuki took over her body. She then got a new name from Ruuko.
4. Because of 3. the movie also never showed Yuki coming to life like Tama did. It's also the reason why Iona is only on billboards - we don't know the real Iona.

I still don't get how Ruuko knew that Tama was on top of the building. A possible solution would be that she's just imagining it and that since she herself is "Tama" Tama will always be with her. Sachi is also "Tama" that's how they could talk and make her wish true.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Preview

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

40 by adampaladin »»
Jun 4, 2016 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.