Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Anata wo Zutto Aishiteru Episode 1 Discussion

Feb 12, 2016 6:26 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is not sequel at all by the way, only the Koreans call it that, the Japanese gave it its own name (and I don't think there was a titledrop... what the hell). Obviously smart from a marketing perspective but it hurts the movie if you expect something similar.

I actually managed to not compare it too much to Umasou, but at the end of it, reflecting on them both, they really are worlds away.

I could spot a couple scenes that were an homage to the original (jumping on rocks, climbing fissures) and obviously the characters were really similar in looks and base personality as well, but it really couldn't compare.

Alright overall.

Feb 27, 2016 8:38 PM

Pop in the DVD of the first movie the moment I finished it. Damn this is weak, oh so weak, even for a generic kids anime. Jeez spare me the disappointment. Cash grab I call it.

Sep 16, 2016 7:35 PM
I was really hoping it'd be a prequel or something, especially at the start when a lot of the characters looked like they'd line up nicely with being younger versions of the older characters in the original movie. Kinda disappointing that there was no relation in the end. It was cute, but too similar to the first one in a lot of ways, and it didn't tug my heartstrings as much as a lot of the first one did (when Heart first ran away, fighting to protect Umasou, reuniting with his mom, fighting Baku, etc etc)

Oct 15, 2016 1:46 PM

It was a great movie. It is not related to You are Umasou but it is in the same time period. At first, I thought it would have a connection to You are Umasou but it didn't, but that didn't ruin the movie. I really enjoyed this movie and recommend anyone who liked You are Umasou to watch it. BTW Heart and Umasou are in here for a few seconds.

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha

Jul 5, 2019 3:41 PM

I watched the japanese dub and it was a pretty good movie, but in some scenes de voices seeemed rushed, probably they were made to match the Korean dub and they didn't realize it would get rushed in japanese until they had to do the Japanese Dubbed version

Dec 8, 2019 11:02 PM

It was like a watered down more boring version of the first movie. Decent kids movie I suppose.