Forums
New
Feb 12, 2016 5:45 AM

Sep 2015
Is it normal??
i feel like stiens;gate is boring
Fmab is kinda of plain
and other recommended anime's just not that enjoyable for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2016 5:47 AM

Apr 2013
Nah, I also thought FMA:B was nothing that special. You just have different taste, nothing to worry about. Maybe try more popular instead of high-rated anime.
Feb 12, 2016 5:50 AM
Aug 2015
KawaiiiPotato said:
Is it normal??
Fmab is kinda of plain

im the same way

examples of shows i dropped and why

attack on titan- dropped 1st ep
one punchman- 10mins found it boring
clannad- 10mins dropped slow pacing, bland characters
Feb 12, 2016 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
Try HxH. That is some rly good sht. But im pretty much on the same boat as u where like 10% of all the high ranked/popular anime is watchable. Lol.
Feb 12, 2016 5:52 AM

Jan 2015
Steins Gate has a very slow start. If you keep watching it, you'll probably start liking it after like 10 episodes.

Dec 2012
It's pretty normal. It can also be you having high expectations. So just watch what you think seem interesting instead of what is highly ranked here.

Aug 2014
It just means you have a different taste, or you may be watching them expecting something great, resulting in your having way to high expectations.
Feb 12, 2016 5:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Maybe you're just a special snowflake like that
Feb 12, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2015
DoctorSexy said:
KawaiiiPotato said:
Is it normal??
Fmab is kinda of plain

im the same way

I honestly don't believe that you can properly judge a show after the first episode, let alone the first 10 minutes.
Feb 12, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2015
What are you watching them for? Are you watching them because you read the synopsis and thought they sounded interesting, or are you watching them just because they're popular?

If something isn't to your taste and you're watching it just for the sake of watching it then it makes sense that you wouldn't necessarily like it.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 12, 2016 5:55 AM

Jun 2012
You're clearly way too elite of a human being to enjoy the objectively great series of such a plebeian form of entertainment that is Chinese cartoons.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Feb 12, 2016 5:56 AM

Feb 2013
extremely normal
the sweet spot is after the top 10, and usually with anime you pick yourself by means other than high score
Feb 12, 2016 5:57 AM

Apr 2015
Steins Gate is REALLLLYYY overrated.
SnK is a 'good' concept/setting but bad story & characters.
Haven't heard actual critique on FMAB to say it was "bad" per say, besides "it bored me" so...... I don't know about that bud.
SAO has some major & clearly noticeable flaws (as to why it gets so much shit and has turned into a meme) and for understandable reasons.

Fine and "normal" is my answer to you sir. It's really silly that you had to ask.

What is up with this thread game MAL? Step it up please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2016 5:58 AM

Aug 2015
ItsMaz said:
What are you watching them for? Are you watching them because you read the synopsis and thought they sounded interesting, or are you watching them just because they're popular?

If something isn't to your taste and you're watching it just for the sake of watching it then it makes sense that you wouldn't necessarily like it.

this pretty much this.....i agree with you bro....*highfive*
Feb 12, 2016 5:58 AM

Mar 2015
Watch it if you're interested and think you'll enjoy it. The score or popularity can be indicative whether you'll enjoy it or not.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Feb 12, 2016 6:13 AM
Aug 2015
Nerlens said:
DoctorSexy said:

im the same way

I honestly don't believe that you can properly judge a show after the first episode, let alone the first 10 minutes.

it should only take a episode to draw in the viewer
Feb 12, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
DoctorSexy said:

What kinda rule is that, I heavily disagree with this.

Aug 2008
Everyone have their own taste so it really just normal. I actually found Cowboy Bebop boring despite the popularity and how highly rated it is.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Nov 2015
Shinsekai Yori is pretty highly talked about/rated..... and I couldn't stand it.
Feb 12, 2016 6:20 AM

Jan 2015
DoctorSexy said:
Nerlens said:

In your case anime needs to draw in the viewer within the first 10 minutes. I disagree with this.
Feb 12, 2016 6:31 AM
Jan 2016
DoctorSexy said:

im the same way

If the anime needs to draw you within the first 10 minutes, then maybe it's not the anime's fault but your short attention span. Just saying.

But anyway, there are some popular anime that I didn't like much too, for example Death Note. Well, I actually liked it, but after
I completely lost interest. And I mean completely.
Also, Code Geass didn't really keep me in my seat either. But that's probably because I'm not into mecha and the Zero persona annoyed me.
Feb 12, 2016 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
Feel the same for other people's masterpiece, which I think only as average / good.
(Although I got few high score that my bias inflated it)

Best way is to try those high score from various genre and try to find something that you like..
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Feb 12, 2016 6:46 AM

Jan 2013
JkayW said:
SnK is a 'good' concept/setting but bad story & characters.
Pretty much agree with this. The story could have been handled better
Feb 12, 2016 6:49 AM

Aug 2014
Its normal not to enjoy highly rated/popular anime if its not to your tastes or if you got a good reason for not enjoying/liking it. Personally, I don't enjoy Clannad, Stein's gate or SnK as highly as other people as I thought they were average or weren't interesting to watch. However, there will always be people who won't like popular things because their are popular, forgot what the word is for that but its something that happens.
Feb 12, 2016 6:52 AM

Aug 2015
"Everything in the top 10 is total shit. Only exception is Steins;Gate" - According to my taste.

And that's about it. You just have to find out which type of anime you like. If an anime doesn't fit your taste , you won't enjoy it no matter how well made it is.
Most of the top 100 are barely watchable. Just pick up what looks interesting to you and watch it with passion. But without expecting much from it. That's the true way of properly enjoying an anime.
Feb 12, 2016 6:53 AM

Oct 2007
Itadakimasuuuu said:
Shinsekai Yori is pretty highly talked about/rated..... and I couldn't stand it.

Shinsekai Yori requires a certain level of intelligence to understand =º
Feb 12, 2016 6:53 AM
Aug 2015
Askorti said:
DoctorSexy said:

im the same way

If the anime needs to draw you within the first 10 minutes, then maybe it's not the anime's fault but your short attention span. Just saying.

But anyway, there are some popular anime that I didn't like much too, for example Death Note. Well, I actually liked it, but after
I completely lost interest. And I mean completely.
Also, Code Geass didn't really keep me in my seat either. But that's probably because I'm not into mecha and the Zero persona annoyed me.

its not that i have short attention span it just didnt grab my attention to keep me watching after the 1st ep

like for example one punch man i dropped cause it was just another shounen anime with a OP main character
Feb 12, 2016 6:54 AM

Oct 2007
DoctorSexy said:
if the anime needs to draw you within the first 10 minutes, then maybe it's not the anime's fault but your short attention span. Just saying.

/
its not that i have short attention span it just didnt grab my attention to keep me watching after the 1st ep

like for example one punch man i dropped cause it was just another shounen anime with a OP main character

You have 0 anime on your list, go for something you like first, then try the good ones.
Feb 12, 2016 6:56 AM

Dec 2015
Perspective is so important when it comes to any medium that it's best to stay away from circle jerks of whether or not it's good or bad and just make that assumption yourself after you finish the show. If you don't finish the show, it's hard to say if you liked it or didn't like is cause the ending could be so amazing that it just makes up for everything else.

When you're told that so and so anime is amazing, such as One Punch Man, you're quicker to point out mistakes, since you're basically expecting perfection. Same stuff happened with games like Undertale. Same stuff happened with a crap ton of movies. So watch the anime if you know you like the genre or want to try out something new. There is no such thing as perfection and if there was, would you really want it?

Also, every anime fan thinks their favorite is amazing and anyone who disagrees didn't get it, is stupid, or has bad taste. Just keep that in mind.
Anime sucks.
Feb 12, 2016 6:57 AM
Aug 2015
belial said:
DoctorSexy said:

/

You have 0 anime on your list, go for something you like first, then try the good ones.

i havnt added any yet

note:added favourites
DoctorSexyFeb 12, 2016 7:02 AM
Feb 12, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2015
belial said:
Itadakimasuuuu said:

Ah, yes. It MUST be a lack of intellect that's the only possible reason for me not liking it.... "Can't stand" and "Didn't understand" are not the same thing. Very good try though :)
Feb 12, 2016 7:04 AM

Oct 2007
DoctorSexy said:
belial said:

i havnt added any yet

most on my list are harem/ecchi series

Then again, start with animes that will fit your taste and try the classics later (not that most of the top ones on MAL are classics anyway). Also, if you decide to watch an anime and drop it before 3 episodes, you haven't seen shit =p

Good animes aren't quick, simple and mindless. Some are slow paced and take time to get them. Then again, you can simply not like them or can't stand them, I wouldn't recommend Steins Gate for people new into anime, it has a quite slow start, I placed it on-hold on ep4 before giving it another try, for example.
Feb 12, 2016 7:08 AM
Aug 2013
Just watch whatever you're interested in regardless if it's highly ranked or not.

Highly ranked/popular doesn't mean it's a guarantee that you will like it. F.ex i can acknowledge that Cowboy Bebop is good but it's not my cup of tea and therefore it feels average compared to a lot of things i've seen. Try exploring/developing your own taste instead.
Feb 12, 2016 7:09 AM

Oct 2007
Itadakimasuuuu said:
belial said:

Ah, yes. It MUST be a lack of intellect that's the only possible reason for me not liking it.... "Can't stand" and "Didn't understand" are not the same thing. Very good try though :)

You gave No.6 a 9, so yuri/yaoi isn't the problem for you in Shinsekai Yori, how do you exactly "can't stand it"? Not that you can't, I'm just curious.

I do think Shinsekai Yori is kinda brilliant and not for everyone though. (Those that get "triggered" by a bit of yuri/yaoi usually drop it early too)
Feb 12, 2016 7:12 AM

Oct 2015
So wut? Nothing is wrong with that.

People have their own perspective, and every anime here rated subjectively by their own personal preferences, No benchmark/standard.

Nah, How can a generic harem hater give "objective" score if they really hate harem/ecchi?

Those rating is just a value how majority of MAL user look at it.
Feb 12, 2016 7:13 AM

Jan 2014
It's perfectly normal to have bad taste.

Hell, even I have bad taste sometimes (supposedly). For example, I thought the Fate/Stay Night VN was garbage in comparison to Zero. Should I be resented for that? No (At least, I hope not).

You giving Charlotte a 10 is perfectly fine (It makes my eye twitch but it's fine).
Feb 12, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
In times of doubt I just try to watch it in order to find that "thrill." When my friend recommended FMAB - I kinda find it boring but then I just endured and progress myself through the series then sooner or later I get to appreciate the series :)))
Feb 12, 2016 7:18 AM

Nov 2015
belial said:
Itadakimasuuuu said:

You gave No.6 a 9, so yuri/yaoi isn't the problem for you in Shinsekai Yori, how do you exactly "can't stand it"? Not that you can't, I'm just curious.

I do think Shinsekai Yori is kinda brilliant and not for everyone though. (Those that get "triggered" by a bit of yuri/yaoi usually drop it early too)

If you'd like me to explain I can message you my reasons. Too many spoilers in my rant for those who haven't watched it yet.
Feb 12, 2016 7:28 AM

Sep 2014
Itadakimasuuuu said:
belial said:

If you'd like me to explain I can message you my reasons. Too many spoilers in my rant for those who haven't watched it yet.

Isn't this the purpose of the spoiler tag?
Feb 12, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
Itadakimasuuuu said:
belial said:

message me too please....I'd like to get in on this...
Feb 12, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
You like Charlotte. Charlotte is popular.

Its a popular garbage though.

Feb 12, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
KawaiiiPotato said:
Is it normal??
Fmab is kinda of plain

There's a few possible reasons. One of the reasons is that you could just be burnt out from anime at the moment, which means you probably won't enjoy too much that you watch. Try taking a week or two break, or more, and try watching them again with a fresh mind.
Another reason is that you could've possibly hyped it up too much for yourself, or someone else overhyped it for you, pretty much leading to them seeming underwhelming just because you we're expecting "too" much of it.

Or hey, maybe you just don't like them. Maybe just try something else completely different, and that you wouldn't normally consider watching, might just get a nice surprise. What you like is what you like. Don't change what you like for anyone elses sake.

Ahhh... Is this the blood... The blood of the Dark Soul?
Feb 12, 2016 7:36 AM

Nov 2015

It never stops me from reading what's in them, so I don't use them for actual spoilers haha
Feb 12, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2014
It's normal but what anime that you're enjoyed OP?
Feb 12, 2016 7:42 AM

Jan 2016
Gintama is highly rated but by no means popular. You like some of the most popular ones ever - death note, guilty crown, SAO. They are not the same thing.
Feb 12, 2016 7:42 AM

Sep 2015
HiatusXHiatus said:

Angel Beats. and Tokyo ghoul (1st season online)
Feb 12, 2016 7:49 AM

Oct 2007
KawaiiiPotato said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

>Tokyo ghoul
Tell me this is bait, please
Feb 12, 2016 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
KawaiiiPotato said:
HiatusXHiatus said:

Well at least you have different taste than me, I dislike Angel Beats but Tokyo Ghoul it's okay (just unsatisfied ending though)
Feb 12, 2016 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
belial said:
KawaiiiPotato said:

>Tokyo ghoul
Tell me this is bait, please

This isn't bait I think, he gave TG 10
Feb 12, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2015
ItsMaz said:

This is true. Popular anime doesn't make it a good one. And being a good anime is decided on the individual's opinion. Everyone's opinion is different.

So popular and high rated anime doesn't mean that you will find it interesting and good as well. It might not even be what you are into?

Its good giving them a try though.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

12 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

203 by Coaghim »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

25 by Atashi_Agatha »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

83 by Atashi_Agatha »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

65 by Atashi_Agatha »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.