Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 14, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2015
AnnoKano said:
Wow OP, those are some pretty subversive opinions you have there. To not enjoy something as widely popular as Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood makes it clear to me that when it comes to anime you're a maverick who likes to play by their own rules, and that makes more bureaucratic-minded folks like me who see individualism as an invasive and disrupting tendency to feel threatened, because the order by which we run our lives is endangered as people slowly come to realize that they are not mere cogs in a machine but singular, independent entities capable of their own thoughts and feelings.

Now that's how you wipe a thread off the face of the earth.
Feb 14, 2016 4:57 PM

May 2014
You sure don't enjoy popular anime at all. This question is stupid and doesn't even make sense with your list.

Plot twist: you have your own personal tastes and opinions.
Plot twist²: you enjoy popular anime (and will probably love Steins;Gate if you get past the first 12 episodes), just not all of them.

Edit: I didn't read the other answers, and I didn't see there were already four pages of people probably saying the same thing as me.

ColdMist said:
I hated fmab, what is so great about it, the art looks fat and everyone is annoying. steins gate was good, but not that good.

Lol.
Feb 14, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2009
It's normal because everyone has their own opinion and you're not the only one with that type of taste. Cheers xD

I like popular anime, I like to watch the best of the best.. muahahahaha

Not really, sometimes I do find and watch hidden gem.
Feb 14, 2016 7:24 PM

Oct 2014
Theres alot of anime that i've personally find uninteresting but are exceedingly popular. Alot of popular anime (these days) utilize tropes that have demonstrated itself to be popular tool. (e.g. love triangles, harems, edgy but not actually mature content and mainstream archetypes)

Another thing that may have ruined your experience with anime is that you were over hyped for its content. Alot of people tend to over exaggerate an anime's glory when in actual fact doesn't meet such standards.
Feb 14, 2016 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
Nerlens said:
DoctorSexy said:

im the same way

examples of shows i dropped and why

attack on titan- dropped 1st ep
one punchman- 10mins found it boring
clannad- 10mins dropped slow pacing, bland characters

I honestly don't believe that you can properly judge a show after the first episode, let alone the first 10 minutes.

Unless it's Charlotte or Girl's Bravo and they proudly show off what scum the characters are within that time frame.
Feb 14, 2016 11:39 PM

Jul 2015
JkayW said:
Steins Gate is REALLLLYYY overrated.
SnK is a 'good' concept/setting but bad story & characters.
Haven't heard actual critique on FMAB to say it was "bad" per say, besides "it bored me" so...... I don't know about that bud.
SAO has some major & clearly noticeable flaws (as to why it gets so much shit and has turned into a meme) and for understandable reasons.

Fine and "normal" is my answer to you sir. It's really silly that you had to ask.

What is up with this thread game MAL? Step it up please.

Honestly, Steins;Gate is not overrated at all, it is a very good anime.
It just depends on the kind of anime you like.
Feb 15, 2016 12:23 AM

Oct 2013
I think, its normal .
Code Geass and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu are pretty overrated.
I really don't understand , why do people like Code Geass and Lelouch so much.
Feb 15, 2016 12:49 AM

Dec 2015
Amanda-san said:
Yes, it's normal.
I HATED Gintama and No Game No Life.

no, how dare you, and you even put HxH in your favorite, it must be a troll or something
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Feb 15, 2016 1:46 AM

Jun 2014
Major123 said:
AssassinWolfXE said:

Exactly. I agree even with that Charlotte part (and no one will resent you for saying that Stay Night VN is garbage compared to Zero. Zero is just mature that's all. Stay Night is more focused on their daily lives and has a horribly bland and 1-Dimensional Protagonist)
Says someone who hasn't even played the VN...

The VN is amazing, but is Shirou really that good in the VN? I found his personality complete garbage in the anime atleast, only next to Makoto Itou from School Days.
Feb 15, 2016 3:37 AM

Oct 2013
Propasy said:
Theres alot of anime that i've personally find uninteresting but are exceedingly popular. Alot of popular anime (these days) utilize tropes that have demonstrated itself to be popular tool. (e.g. love triangles, harems, edgy but not actually mature content and mainstream archetypes)

Another thing that may have ruined your experience with anime is that you were over hyped for its content. Alot of people tend to over exaggerate an animes glory when it actually fact doesn't meet your personal standards.

Fixed. You can thank me later..... :)
Feb 15, 2016 6:34 AM
May 2015
Joy4ever said:
Amanda-san said:
Yes, it's normal.
I HATED Gintama and No Game No Life.

no, how dare you, and you even put HxH in your favorite, it must be a troll or something

Isn't a joke, it's just MY taste, lmao.
Feb 15, 2016 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
Ok, I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy SAO all that much, even tho I don't think it's that bad.
But SnK is a great fucking anime, and I won't ever accept that anyone could not like it.
Feb 15, 2016 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
AssassinWolfXE said:
Major123 said:
Says someone who hasn't even played the VN...

The VN is amazing, but is Shirou really that good in the VN? I found his personality complete garbage in the anime atleast, only next to Makoto Itou from School Days.
Well if you compare him to the MC from School Days then their is no hope for you. But yes he is more developed in the VN.
Feb 15, 2016 9:10 AM

Jan 2016
Noragami. I'm gonna write a review soon so I won't get into too much details, but man, what a huge disappointment, I was soooooooo ready to love it, but man what a disappointment.
Feb 15, 2016 9:40 AM

Nov 2013
Robiiii said:
Try HxH. That is some rly good sht. But im pretty much on the same boat as u where like 10% of all the high ranked/popular anime is watchable. Lol.

we have a winner right here.

srsly now, I feel you op. I dropped fma:b bec I didn't liked it and almost slept while watching, same with steins;gate: I'm watching now and want to stab myself so bad...

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Feb 16, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2015
Amanda-san said:
Joy4ever said:

Isn't a joke, it's just MY taste, lmao.

but but gintama and HxH are very much alike :o why m8?
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Feb 16, 2016 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Big picture. Just watching anime makes you kind of not normal. So, watch and do whatever you want.
Feb 16, 2016 5:44 PM

Oct 2015
Big picture. Just watching anime makes you kind of not normal. So, watch and do whatever you want.

It's a perfectly normal hobby. What's abnormal about it? After all, "do whatever you want".
Feb 16, 2016 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
Appilesh said:

It's a perfectly normal hobby. What's abnormal about it? After all, "do whatever you want".

There are way more non anime fans than anime fans in the world.
Feb 16, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2015
I did not enjoyed DBZ.

Fight, fight, fight, filler, fight, fight, fight...

Let the fanboys roll in...

Feb 16, 2016 10:51 PM

Feb 2016
Appilesh said:

There are way more non anime fans than anime fans in the world.
what with that logic? what is non anime fans in the first place? people who isnt an anime fan?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
10 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

30 by Vendicator »»
11 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

6 by BirdyTheMighty »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

113 by DigiCat »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.