Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2016 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they got a car race this episode. Some of those car designs are the strangest I've seen before. I mean, this LOL:

Yami's car is way too big imo for the race though.
Funny episode as usual. Idk why but I got some Mario Kart vibes from the episode.The shark car is seriously scary Great soundtrack this episode too.

Feb 8, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
Female ver. again! They attend a friend's wedding feast. lol @ their reaction to the souvenirs.

SuzuKen's character complain about him not being the main character and wants to get that back. He held car race to get the position of main character. lol @ the rough explanation. Everyone attending with the cars that represents their personalities. SuzuKen's character's car is too large, but self-exploded... by those "two friends".

Oden guy has been wanted to know about the hair on his face since young and wants to figure out when becoming main character. lol~ And their desires. Thinking Osomatsu gone, so everyone deleted each other (except OnoD's character, who got lost), then SuzuKen's character got rid of the rest. Wow the dissolve. Osomatsu is safe? Osomatsu vs. SuzuKen's character, who even became robot. The people who got dissolved came back and joined the fight. lol @ that chibi old man winning!

HiroC's character ver. ED

About that character (temporary) next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 8, 2016 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Stark700 said:
So they got a car race this episode.

How could you call it a car race lmao.

Why did I laugh when I read "Joshimatsu-san"? i cri.
Totoko is such a yandere.

Amusing episode. THE WINNER THO!
I would have liked Nya to win tbh.
XenocrisiFeb 8, 2016 12:09 PM
Feb 8, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
That ending was full WTF. Got some Space Dandy vibes from this episode.
Feb 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
Karamatsu's "car" was definitely my fav.
And Dayon's beam is always so damn epic XD
Totoko's craziness is hilarious
AND DAT animation during the Iyami vs Osomatsu scene was O_o
But Juicy takes the cake as usual.
Dem Iyami testes tho...
Feb 8, 2016 1:03 PM

Oct 2009
This really is the End of Evangelion.

Nice Mad Max reference too.
Feb 8, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2015
Aurorae said:

Oh lol you're right!
Feb 8, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
okay, that was a heck of episode 18
this episode is one to remember for sure
i was laughing so damn hard, seriously this is just crazy hilarious
Feb 8, 2016 1:09 PM

Oct 2012
Loved how Ichimatsu self destructed and I would totally watch Karamatsu-san lol
Feb 8, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
I wasn't expecting that outcome.
Feb 8, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2011
Hands down, best episode yet. It had everything really. Incredibly awesome voice acting, some funny references and seriously awesome animation. It felt like a rush and I loved every second of it.

Also, I believe that's Toshio Furukawa as the race's narrator. A huge plus in my book.
Feb 8, 2016 2:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Dat Mad Max reference tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 8, 2016 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
Lmao this was another great episode. Lots of funny references and the narrator made it even better.

The episode also had a huge animation bump which was a nice surprise.

Here's the list of top notch animators that were involved in this episode.

Osomatsu-san #18 KA:
Matsumoto Norio
Imai Arifumi
Seki Hiromitsu
Kugai Norifumi
Sato Toshiyuki
Ogawa Tamotsu
Kawano Tatsuro

Animation Director: Ken'ichi Fujisawa (Debut)

Z4KFeb 8, 2016 3:36 PM
Feb 8, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
Definitely thought of Space Dandy during this episode.
My favorite part of the race probably was Totoko's killing spree.
That Mad Max reference, though...
Feb 8, 2016 2:24 PM

Sep 2013
What an interesting episode! I love their karts and the showcasing of their personalities. Totoko is one scary girl. The commentator is just plain hilarious. That tsukkomi, dry narration. I missed those xD

I love how Ichimatsu's neko kart changed expressions with him >u<

Anyways, Hijirisawa who-
Feb 8, 2016 2:30 PM

Nov 2015
One of my favorite episodes now, I love all their cars and Osomatsu's car is really the plainest there besides the other side characters.

I really like Ichimatsu's kotatsu car. I thought Jyushimatsu would be the winner tho since he was gone for half the episode...So will Hijirisawa really be the protagonist next episode?
Feb 8, 2016 2:37 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I would call this a car race, howeve I wouldn't call some of those vehicles "cars"
Hilarious episode though!
LMAO at that Mad Max reference.
Lol at that Iyami censored area ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
God, that animation was dope as hell!

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 8, 2016 7:22 PM
Feb 8, 2016 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Kinda left behind coz of watching The Martian:P anyways: the episode was FREAKING cool - we got girl part yay! and then THE REST!!! btw. I felt as it was last ep (so much action etc.) and I did say yes finally to the opening (now I'm loving it esply part with stone-age Osomatsu team:>>) @Z4k yep the animation was better^^. Lastly we got to see Shonosuke;>.

As @Stark700 I happened to see few references:
-final Dayon beam like from DBZ;
-Wacky races vehicles movement;
-Mario cars reference with crab;
-DB beach scene (this one from 2 ED as far as I remembered) usage;
-Mad Max;
-Jojo sounds oraraora (throwing stuff by shark lady aka Aida );
-Dokurobei (Yattaman) skull destruction button;
-Iyamis Ghimbli robo Laputa style;
-Akira bike Chibita style;
-Marvin the Martian (dynamite sequence);
-Team Rocket from Pokemon: a reference that involves saying one final word before dying (blowing itself up:P).

All in all, great day, gonna sleep well gozansu.
keroroslayerFeb 9, 2016 12:25 PM
Feb 8, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Wow Mario Kart reenactment. Next week's ep is gonna be hilarious if they actually make it featuring that old guy lol
Feb 8, 2016 5:25 PM

Oct 2011
OMG LOL XDDDD

This was a race of EPIC proportion

All Dat references DIED XDDD
Feb 8, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2014
Best episode of Osomatsu-san so far.
Feb 8, 2016 6:16 PM

Feb 2016
that episode was anything but a car race
srsly wth happened in there LOL
i loved it tho

karamatsu's and ichimatsu's cars are hilarious
Feb 8, 2016 6:40 PM
Jun 2009
Fun and wacky episode!
reminded me of the popularity contest arc in gintama xD
Feb 8, 2016 6:47 PM
Oct 2009
menuetto said:
i would totally watch ichimatsu san or karamatsu of LOVE

Lol so would I! Then again, the anime may be called Osomatsu-San but it's not like it's that much about him to begin with xD

One of the weirdest episodes, and it had some pretty darn crazy stuff before o_O Kinda wish they'd kept it to a half-episode of weird stuff cuz I prefer the more slice-of-life bits, but was still really funny x3
Feb 8, 2016 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
Dayon and Dekapan where awesome
Feb 8, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
This might be my favourite episode. Who the fuck was that even that won though?
Feb 8, 2016 8:28 PM

Dec 2014
Goddamn the animation quality of that episode. It was completely WTF and I loved it.

Pretty cool how the animators for the Valley of the End Naruto vs. Sasuke fight and the Genos vs. Saitama fight worked on this episode. So far about half the sakuga clips on sakugabooru were just from this episode lol.
spicychileFeb 8, 2016 8:40 PM
I need sleep.
Feb 8, 2016 10:26 PM

Jan 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
This might be my favourite episode. Who the fuck was that even that won though?

We will find it out next week I guess lol.
Feb 8, 2016 10:29 PM

Nov 2013
one of the funnier episodes of the season
Feb 8, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
Gosh... Uh... I have mixed feelings about this episode. I was truly liking it until it got to the point where Iyami started killing everyone (around halfway in). It got kind of dark/depressing. Felt like Kill la Kill or even Space Dandy with the whole "everyone gone except for the two protags" scene and the fighting. Not feeling it. And when everyone got revived, it was still gruesome and everyone started killing each other with an axe... Just left a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, I watch this show to feel happier and laugh.

I'm glad Juushi wasn't caught up in the mess at all... Would have been funny to see him win instead.

Aurorae said:
^ this is probably why I started disliking the episode lol
I disliked watching Eva... lmao

ArtemisFlow said:
That ending was full WTF. Got some Space Dandy vibes from this episode.
yes
Feb 8, 2016 10:41 PM

Jan 2015
Mayuka said:
Not feeling it. And when everyone got revived, it was still gruesome and everyone started killing each other with an axe...

I found it amusing tbh. I guess it wasn't for everyone.
Feb 8, 2016 10:43 PM

Jul 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Mayuka said:
Not feeling it. And when everyone got revived, it was still gruesome and everyone started killing each other with an axe...

I found it amusing tbh. I guess it wasn't for everyone.
It's not my type of humour/comedy I guess :/

I prefer more light hearted stuff for comedy. If I wanted murder/violence, I'd go to a more serious Anime.
Feb 8, 2016 11:02 PM

Jun 2014
This episode reminded me of that race in Carnival Phantasm, as it's literally the Osomatsu version. Some of the references were unnoticed by me but that's alright as the episode was too damn funny.

Ichimatsu be like "I don't wanna be the protagonist!!!!"
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 8, 2016 11:02 PM

Mar 2014
This is probably the first episode that I didn't love to bits

The Joshimatsu-san part was great as usual but the cart race didn't interest me much and then it went full EVA

I'd rather watch Karamatsu-san of Love
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 8, 2016 11:11 PM

Aug 2009
I think this episode is probably my favorite so far.

The creators really like Mad Max lol two references back to back. Also the dark humor near the end of the episode... this show really has something for everyone.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 9, 2016 1:20 AM

May 2015
CRAZIEST RACE EVER

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Feb 9, 2016 2:10 AM

Jul 2009
Wacky Races, anyone? Neat how they made the race into an (almost) full length episode. It got really dark towards the end, with people killing off each others, but I still loved this! Totoko namecalling them and getting censored to death was hilarious as well xD

But I'm starting to get too obsessed with Osomatsu... Just waiting for a week feels like an eternity... I need more Osomatsu NOW!!!
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Feb 9, 2016 2:16 AM

Jan 2009
Bwahaha, this was pure enjoyment yet again!

Yet another Mad Max reference, can't say I complain :D Although I felt there was some references I toooooooootally missed in this episode.

Matsuno bros' cars were the best and they were the the perfect fit - before the race even began I had laughed quite a bit :'D
Feb 9, 2016 2:57 AM

Jun 2013
that was fucking funny and epic
Feb 9, 2016 5:19 AM
May 2010
I bet the director is directing the current episode while drinking.

This is the craziest episode to date, it's even crazier than the infamous first episode
Feb 9, 2016 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't love this episode as much as the others but I loved the beginning where we got to see their female versions again. I like that Jyushimtasu is a ganguro girl.
臭い-
Feb 9, 2016 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
damn didn't expect a wacky races parody in this anime!! AND OMG THAT WAS THE BEST THE BEST EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best episode by far!!!!

And gosh whats with all those SAKUGA ANIMATION?!!! its like suddenly the anime has 10x it's initial budget and suddenly produced by madhouse like wtf!
cant wait to watch hijirisawa shinosuke show starting next week

i cant... i cant.... i just cant...
milloFeb 9, 2016 9:34 AM
Feb 9, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2011
It was my favourite female matsus skit, maybe because it wasn't too long. The race part was okay (these rules, lol), Chorofappyski finally received some love from his brothers.

Would be too predictable if Juushi had won but... this little guy? :D I totally forgot he even existed.

Who cares about F6, that's the fanservice I deserve. Karamatsu of Love = must watch.
HeresJohnnyFeb 9, 2016 10:44 PM
Feb 9, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
Xalren said:
Best episode of Osomatsu-san so far.

I say it in every thread. There's not a "best episode". All of them are good.
Feb 9, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2010
It was nice to see them all with different hairstyles, esp. Karako <3 Jyushiko fanservice tho, lol.

"It's not white, but milky beige- *gets hit by Karako. KARAKO of all people*" LMAO

Karako is so boy hungry lmao. "Are guys looking at us? Are they hot?" I love how she has just as many lines as Kara lacks.

They did it. They made fun of Oso's popularity, lmao. He's my 3rd/4th favorite bro now, but yeah, I agree that he was not very likable in the first 8 or so episodes. Karamatsu AGOGO on the other hand... Painful but hilarious, lol. "Protagonist huh. All right, accept." Lmao loved when he went all "I'll make sure to get rid of this me-gets-ignored pattern" He's being assertive, amazed

Totty Wagon. TOTTY WAGON. TOTTY

That sheeeh when Iyami gets hit by random trash was hilarious. What a kind vehicle tho, informing its owner that it's gonig to explode before one second. Totally want.

Did I just watch Kara shower while driving AND getting bumped by the other matsu' cars? Also, I just see Totoko sending those Totty girls fly away. No I didn't. ROFL

LMAO they're totally downplaying Oso, they finally found a way to make him more popular GREAT JOB, staff!

Karamatsu of Love- The Gears Of Love Start To Run... What a disgusting title-- would 100% watch-- how disgusting. how painful.

Totoko being too yandere, and Ichimatsu M confirmed with his "How cute."
"I'm sick of your hot versions." Damn, this woman is merciless. I like her.

Iyami in serious mode is fearsome, too. BUT DAMMIT NOT THAT ANNOYING WOMAN FOR KARA, just no. They better run over a truck on him than that-- at least that's comedic.
And Iyami got annoying and boring, sigh. I thought he was good for an supposed-to-be-annoying characer, but oh well. In-fact, the last 5 mins were just ridiculous. Not bad, but too violent for my taste.

With this, Jyushi is again 4th best bro, Choro is 5th and Oso... He just disappoints me. Like. Here I thought he's getting kinder and more like a big brother. I still like him, but meh. Sigh. I don't know what's my ranking anymore.

And of-course, Hijirikawa Shunosuke-san best animu. And Goddamn, Choro you talk so much. Just shut up.
Feb 9, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
Keitaro004 said:
Wacky Races, anyone?

@Keitaro004 did write bout it above, btw. what was trying Jyushimatsu to accomplish anyway in this race?
Feb 9, 2016 1:36 PM

Jan 2016
What another funny and totally mess episode~ I don't expect those uke man show their transform in main regular mode of animation.

Is really shonosuke-san going to be a main protagonist next week?!
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Feb 9, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2014
Z4k said:
The episode also had a huge animation bump which was a nice surprise.

Here's the list of top notch animators that were involved in this episode.

Osomatsu-san #18 KA:
Matsumoto Norio
Imai Arifumi
Seki Hiromitsu
Kugai Norifumi
Sato Toshiyuki
Ogawa Tamotsu
Kawano Tatsuro

Animation Director: Ken'ichi Fujisawa (Debut)

Yeah it was really noticeable in the second half of the episode in the Iyami vs Osomatsu part, definitely not standard Osomatsu-san fare. I wonder if further episodes will maintain this quality, as the BDs and merchandise are selling insanely well.
Feb 9, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2013
A miss for me. It definitely has its moment but overall this episode was a mess.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 10, 2016 12:10 AM

Dec 2012
What the actual fuck was that twist? lmao
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2015

82 by LainConnected »»
Mar 30, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

128 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2016

58 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2016

55 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:48 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

67 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.