Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 9, 2016 6:30 PM

Nov 2015
ExTamplier said:
This shit went from

1. Cool
2. Good
3. Fine
4. Mediocre
5. Shit

really fast.

Exactly my thoughts. The series started very promising but went down the hill very fast. Useless fanservice and rushing is killing it.
Feb 9, 2016 7:04 PM
Jan 2016
Well, there's one thing I can say about this episode: everything's so rushed & all over the place. Absolutely horrid. I think this anime will end up as another wasted potential(please let me be wrong about this).

vanny96 said:
Can someone explain me how Mira free herself? I don't get it :O

Because of her strong will to free herself . . . I guess? Or maybe she's made to withstand any coil's power? I am not sure. It's a messy episode.
Feb 9, 2016 10:06 PM

Sep 2014
I can't believe it took me this long to realize Eliza was Loser's partner. Aaaaa, I am so blind!

Also poor Enamori :c
She just has some really bad luck; dying like that and all really is unfortunate..

Also Kyouma is amazing. That last scene before during the ED was pretty cute.
Feb 10, 2016 4:25 PM

Jul 2014
Kuma said:
#RANT

okay, i am not some sourcepurist but i have to said this is even worse than tokyo ghoul lvl of rushed. it's just 5 episode and it's already on middle 5th volume. i can see this will adapt 9 volume just in 12 episode. for comparison, tokyo ghoul first season only adapted 7 volume for 12 episode. i can explain the thing about 1/3 episode of this episode because the manga scanlated only as far as that. (3/4 of 4th volume). it's not make many sanse because they skipped the whole info dumps.

as for stand alone episode (ignoring the manga), i still at least give this episode solid 7/10.

I haven't read the manga yet but I could notice this in the moment this arc started, everything's so rushed, it looks like they tried to make everything fit in less than an hour of animation and at the same time, they skipped a lot of details and explanations, as well as some character development (wth's up with Kyouma's past and all this coils collecting thing?), except for Kyouma being a tsundere to Mira.

Anyways, I still like this show, I feel it has the potential to overcome and be as good as it was in the first 2-3 eps.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2016 8:16 PM

Jan 2016
Week in and week out this show manages to surprise. Having the supernatural element really helps. It kind of allows them to break the rules a little bit. I also felt like this episode explain Dimension W better with the alternate worlds. It helps to explain why there is infinite energy. I also liked how they didn't torture Mira too much. It confuses me how she picks up so much information. I wish we could see into her head a little more. Overall a great episode. Looking forward to the next one too.
“Don't think about what you need to do. Just follow your desires.” - Aoi Ryuuhei (Baby Steps)
Feb 10, 2016 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
Still very complicated and info build-up is lacking on this story arc.
but at least the ambiance and BGM environment is pretty improving!
Art backgrounds and animation is still very good and crisp!
4/5.

Feb 11, 2016 12:43 AM

May 2015
dat punch to mira what the hell are you kyouma... what a hillarious moment lol
Feb 11, 2016 7:01 AM

Apr 2015
Rewatched and still couldn't get it all.
Feb 11, 2016 9:19 AM

Mar 2015
Didn't read manga but pretty sure they rushed the this arc so that's why I don't quite like it as I should. What a shame.

Feb 11, 2016 5:55 PM

Dec 2012
I understood nothing and I don't think rewatching will help me either :/
allo
Feb 12, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2015
Tokoya said:
[...]

Kyouma was a badass as usual in this and Mira went through some more shit but thankfully she was able to turn everything around and solve this mystery....It's interesting how Elizabeth is working with Loser and now I'm wondering if these kids are REALLY his children lol
[...]

The manga made this clearer than the anime adaptation though.

Feb 13, 2016 7:30 AM
Jan 2016
I had very high hopes for this anime, being a DtB diehard fan. Episode 1 of Dimension W was one the best first episodes of the entire winter season, I just can't comprehend how it went from cool to crap in only 5 eps.
Feb 13, 2016 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
I thought there was a bit too much focus on the side-story about the dam in the 2nd half... it sort of dragged.
Feb 14, 2016 4:13 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode and backstory, despite it being short. The post-ending was really anticlimatic though.

I hope we're back in the city next time.
Feb 14, 2016 5:25 AM

Jun 2008
Nigami_Shin said:
the show looked really promising at first but turned out to be boring - at least the last 2 episodes

Same. I thought it would be one of the highlights of the season but right now it's just meh. Nothing special.
Feb 16, 2016 1:44 AM

Jun 2012
rsc-pl said:
I think that people from Orange are not in their highest form. CG in this show looks cheap comparing to Comet Lucifer for example (but it still is not that bad comparing to CG in other shows in the season) and it's kinda shame because 2D animation done by 3Hz looks brilliant.
I'm writing this because that transparent monsters were really hard to watch...
Well... that's a very intriguing observation... considering that those transparent water monsters weren't even CG in the slightest.

Konoetan said:
I can't believe it took me this long to realize Eliza was Loser's partner. Aaaaa, I am so blind!
I mean, to be fair the only real hint to go on was the eyes. I'm assuming that she's a robot as well... or maybe she just tied her breasts up before... but I mean here she has long blonde hair and some fairly sizable breasts, whereas before she had tomboyish short brown hair, and zero breasts to speak of. Aside from the voice, there would've been no way to say for certain she was even a girl the first time.

Also to people saying this crammed a lot of chapters into one, I don't get that at all... you do realize that the series only has 32 chapters? At least around that number. I haven't read the series at all and I realize it's a monthly series... but I don't see how there could be that much more material missing from a whole arc in this rather (thus-far) short series.

Personally I don't get what there is to be confused about here either... the guy's regrets got sucked into the machine and created it's own virtual world in the Dimension W, and one way or another that reality converged with their dimension. Then shit hit the fan because of a misunderstanding due to the guy's current perception at the time when his thoughts got sucked in... so the virtual version thought that he saved everyone and left Enamori to die, but it was actually the opposite. Bam.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 16, 2016 1:57 AM
Feb 16, 2016 4:55 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, what an emotional episode! I'm confused about some details but I see people explaining that it is more clear in the manga... was hoping I could understand this series without the manga but oh well :(
Feb 16, 2016 6:06 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode and love the reveal of Loser and his daughter, guessed everyone has their reasons to be there at that time :D so much detail to understand about the alternate realities.
Feb 16, 2016 1:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Nice to see I'm not the only person whose confused. I mean, I understand for the most part, but the end with the maid is what really threw me off.

The maid and Enamori were really cute though.

Mira's bath scene was also nice, she's a lot bustier than she looks.
Feb 26, 2016 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
This episode is one helluva confusing episode.
So that was all in that coil huh?

Mira's tail is way too adorable x3
Feb 28, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2011
Very interesting episode : )
I was surprised to find that the maid was daughter of that worker who had been killed by Kamiki.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Feb 28, 2016 3:57 PM

May 2014
So far not really getting much from this anime.
Well I guess, what was the end scene about? Her father made her do it? This probably won't be resolved huh, heartbreaking stuff.
Next episode is about Africa? Lol it seems lighthearted, this mini arc was rather dark and deep.
Ritshiro said:
Omg that ending was so creepy!

Why did you point it out, it's creepy af 😭😭😭
Mar 1, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2016
another weak episode. glad this arc is over. the whole story was rushed and confusing.
this was the weakest episode so far
2>3>1>4>5
Mar 2, 2016 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
..even now, he's still behind the window. 〳 ͡° Ĺ̯ ͡° 〵 wut

This episode was kinda creepy. Japanese details of gore and violence overall seem so cold and detached, yet are in place and they don't push the limit of what's gore that pushes the plot and that which is just senseless blood.

On a lighter note, Mira is so cute ໒( ͡ᵔ ▾ ͡ᵔ )७ She's not too shouty or has a squeaky voice. She actually is more than the occasional blushing girl that craves the MC's attention. She had some thinking to do this episode, and it's always fun to watch how series explore the line between robot and human.

If I think about it, it's quite rare I write this much about an ep. Most series make me think really hard about what I liked and what was actually enjoyable. No hard thinking really needed here c:
Mar 3, 2016 8:25 PM

Oct 2013
Man... is it just me or was this little mini-arc confusing and difficult to follow? I think I got the gist of it, but I dunno. I like the idea that the past version of the guy killed the present version of himself. That was a brilliant idea, but everything surrounding it was just... what?

Pretty glad this mini-arc is over. I did not enjoy it as much as I did the first 3 episodes to be certain.

Loved Kyouma's words at the end too.

"Would you believe me if I said I can see heaven?"
"No. People who kill themselves go to hell."

Brilliant.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 5, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Ahh, I'm so confused..
Mar 13, 2016 3:49 PM

May 2014
Gotta be honest, I have no idea what just happened this episode.
Mar 19, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2015
What an amazing episode, I love this series so much.
5/5 episode.
Mar 26, 2016 10:18 PM

Nov 2008
Oh lord, I am CONFUSED. XD

So in reality, Enamori survived because Kamiki saved her.....okay, why does she look totally different?

Why did Kamiki kill his present self?

why did I think working on Shinoa cosplay while watching a complicated anime was a good idea
ChiibiMar 26, 2016 10:23 PM

Mar 29, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely episode I must say! Just loved that ending! Let's see what's next.
Apr 4, 2016 2:42 PM

Jan 2015
Damn the episode !! :D Nice.
Apr 4, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
After re watching the same episode scene to understand and I am left confused.

In other words, The girl(sister) who activated the number caused another world of the same situation except rather than saving her it was the students

Someone please explain on what happened of how it all happened?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2016 6:25 AM

Jun 2009
I have no idea what happened. Guess I shouldn't have done some other stuff while watching this episode and had paid some more attention. Oh well, I don't really care.
May 2, 2016 11:20 PM

Jul 2014
Chiibi said:
Oh lord, I am CONFUSED. XD

So in reality, Enamori survived because Kamiki saved her.....okay, why does she look totally different?

Why did Kamiki kill his present self?

why did I think working on Shinoa cosplay while watching a complicated anime was a good idea
Am I the only person thqt's actually able to understand what's going on when others can't?
That was an alternate reality Kamiki that killed his real world self. Enamori looks different due to time and stress.
May 3, 2016 3:39 AM
Mar 2012
Felt more rushed than previous ep. Appreciate Mira infodumping, and the multi worlds untangling is beautiful, but really TMI. Sounds like manga explains more. I got most of it untangled hopefully.

Mira, a robot having an existential crisis in the ghost world, fearing multiple 'Mira' copies would exist. Rationalizing herself that it's only data/consciousness that exists in this false world, her physical self is elsewhere & safe, and using that belief (which is opposite the Novelists' hope for both world), "My logic overrode the rules of this world".

Alternate reality/possibility remained as a copy because of W, and coil is still on so the copies never vanished.
Sister Marisa = Enamori, so she survived in the real world, but with amnesia. In the 2nd world (ghosts), Novelist saved everyone except Enamori. Novelist felt guilty, so he hid the coil to run indefinitely so 2nd world can exist. Too bad those students went crazy & kill anyone for reasons. 1st ghost Mira saw was Enamori.
Makita oldie with green right eye, but is Loser, who controls Elizabeth, possible collector pair. He looks a bit like Mitani (cameraman) tho, who got stabbed on the right eye, but that's coincidence.
Confirmed, coil + Marisa's dream keys to connecting the two worlds. At end seems Marisa regained some memories.
Maid confessed she changed water into lake water (for ghosts), because her ghost dad who worked for the dam told her to.

Lots of unexplained stuff. Where the 3 villains came from. Did Maid dad want revenge so had ghosts kill everyone? Why Enamori ghost killed that dude, I thought she's nice?

Pretty cool arc with Inception + Looper + tragic romeo&juliet end. But needed at least +2 episodes, especially Enamori part was sad but didn't have enough time for character empathy. Water's quite beautiful, nice towel action & more Kyouma action.
gophercgMay 3, 2016 3:49 AM
May 24, 2016 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
Um... What? .....
Jul 6, 2016 4:53 PM
Aug 2014
Mixed feelings about this episode. Especially the backstory about that dam accident was just....awful.
First she gets raped by the guy to start drama. Ok until this point. Then she kills her attacker, seems plausible too.
But then that guy goes to the dam to flood the valley to cover up her self defense which was totally justified in the first place? Thats absolutely stupid. Then she falls over and cracks her head? This is like the definition of forced drama.
Then everyone drowns because everyone is stupid af and just asked for this to happen?

Thats just awful writing, forced drama and unrealistic characters.

On the other hand there was Mira being a qt, so i guess i still enjoyed the episode.
Nov 23, 2016 9:35 PM

Aug 2012
-Come to think of it, this whole arc so far reminds me of Terror in Resonance, which is not a good thing at all
-I don't like it at all how Mira was able to break free of those chains
-Speaking of things coming out of nowhere, they never formally introduced the trio that kidnapped Marisa
-Alright, I will admit that Kyoma punching Mira and not affecting her in any way was pretty funny
-Seems like the hotel manager was actually Loser
-To be really honest this flashback to what the students were doing at Yasogami in the first place would've been a great help in the previous episode
-I really don't like how they sprung the fact that the real Marisa's been dead for a while and the one that was introduced to Kyoma was actually Enamori, especially since present Enamori and past Enamori don't share the same hair color
-I also really don't like how the three kidnappers were total jobbers and accomplished literally nothing. Only one of them got a name, and it was "Blue"
-Seems like the maid was Shiro's daughter, somehow

Yeah, this arc just didn't resonate with me too much. There were too many no-names, and the plot devices ad "reveals" didn't sit too well with me. Also, a bunch of questionable decisions were made regarding the general narrative order that really detracted from my enjoyment of this story arc. Nothing too spectacular happened within the past two episodes other than the demonstration of what the numbered coils are capable of. I actually did think it was a pretty effective way to demonstrate what the numbered coils could do, but I didn't like pretty much anything else about this arc.
Apr 28, 2017 12:23 AM
Apr 2011
Too fast, too furious. Couldve easily been a 3 ep arc at least.

I read the manga prior to watching so I understand but too much was lost in translation.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Aug 17, 2017 6:31 AM

Jun 2016
Worst episode so far. Now I know why it has rating average below 8. If they keep this up, this show will become junk.
Sep 9, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
Not gonna lie, I was pretty damn confused when it tried to explain everything lel..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 10, 2018 1:32 AM

Jun 2017
Wow, this was a fantastic episode. The first in a while that I thought was actually pretty touching. Man, that was a good story. I approve.

Mira is also pretty darn adorable, I like her more than I thought in the first couple episodes. This anime really has some fantastic characters.
Mar 20, 2018 5:57 PM

Jul 2017
Kyouma's kind of an ass hitting Mira. I feel like they do a lot of stuff with her in this series that isn't too cool, but since she is a robot it's supposed to be fine or something? Not really fond of the fanservice stuff either. It seems cheesy when the "camera" is moving into convenient places so as to not reveal boobage.

The actual episode was... ehh. I don't know what to say. It was good, but I'm not exactly sure what Dimension W is or what the Numbers do. It seems like Dimension W is a world of thoughts or something? That's very similar to an idea I had involving supernatural creatures and magick and whatever. I feel like that's not really what's going on though, and I'm not sure that there is a clear answer. I hope there is though.
Mar 20, 2018 5:58 PM

Jul 2017
leNerd said:
Mixed feelings about this episode. Especially the backstory about that dam accident was just....awful.
First she gets raped by the guy to start drama. Ok until this point. Then she kills her attacker, seems plausible too.
But then that guy goes to the dam to flood the valley to cover up her self defense which was totally justified in the first place? Thats absolutely stupid. Then she falls over and cracks her head? This is like the definition of forced drama.
Then everyone drowns because everyone is stupid af and just asked for this to happen?

Thats just awful writing, forced drama and unrealistic characters.

Gotta say, I don't disagree.
Jul 12, 2020 3:24 PM

May 2015
I say it to myself every episode but DAMN MIRA IS CUTE!!!! I love her reactions everytime Kyouma calls her a piece of junk. SO ADORABLE!!!

Just ordered the Collectors Edition for Dimension W, cant wait for it to arrive. Gonna binge the manga after this and hope it goes past the anime. It probably does with 16 volumes released when a normal anime to manga length is 5 volumes.

I'll say it one more time, Mira is a adorable. Irresistable!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 2, 2021 11:53 PM
Oct 2019
That was crap.

This ghosts/multiple timeline plot was...meh. Not good.

Who the heck were those two people that kidnapped the "sister" with amnesia? Dude just broke into a dam's control room and murdered a guy? I mean, really?! The girl preserved in the giant cube with the dial for all those years didn't even exist? Wtf? How'd she even get in that giant cube in the first place? Writer guy has two "ghost" versions of himself in alternate timelines? Again, wtf?! How did writer guy manage to go back and find amnesia/fall down cliff girl when the flood waters had already reached 1-2 feet by the time he even realized she was missing?

It's all so implausible and contrived.

I'm also tired of anti-coil guy being so abusive to the robot girl. Quit kicking and hitting her. Quit verbally abusing her.

And can we quit sexualizing her via fanservice? She's supposed to be a kid, right? Can't be more than 14? Enough with the near-nudity, upskirt shots, and sexual poses. Jesus. It's not needed. It's actually pretty gross.

The first 3 episodes were really quite good. Really underwhelmed by these last 2 episodes though. I don't know where this series will go from here but I hope it doesn't keep downtrending.
Jun 13, 2022 3:39 AM

Oct 2013
Damn the metaphysic BS totally threw all my love for the anime by the roof I'm so disappointed.
I guess all the Numbers are bending realities like this then... the only thing pushing to watch more is finding out why Loser want them et if Mira father is also in that other reality and wasn't just spaghettified
Jun 26, 2022 4:12 PM

Feb 2015
This epsisode, man.

I get how the dimension split operated, but I'm still confused on a few things. So, Shiro Kamaki had a little sister named Marisa. When the real-world Shiro changed his identity...why did he (presumably) also name his amnesic childhood friend/girlfriend after his sister? The flooding happened 20+ years ago, and his sister (who was never shown or mentioned beyond the stinger) died 14 years ago in a car accident... Did no one think that was kinda strange? Did he keep contact with his sister after he fucked off as someone else? When did he fuck off? Was it right after the accident? Did she even know he ran off with Enamori, who he renamed after her, and who also became his new sister??

And I mean, I know the coil-ghosts only see what they believe to be real, but if that's the case, there should've been more emphasis put on coil-Shiro's perspective of this woman his real-world counterpart was hanging around. She's supposed to be the big twist, the key to all this, but she hardly got any focus. Also…

"I left the village and changed my name in order to live a quiet, private life. I hoped that we could somehow leave the tragedy behind us."

And he did that by becoming a world famous author who, seemingly, didn't live all that far away from the village whose tragedy he tried to escape, all the while writing gruesome horror novels? Okay, I can get him coping through his writing, that happens, but why did he stay in basically the same area? It hardly looks like he was that far away from where the numbers coil was. This episode is just full of "whys". I'm aware the anime's been speeding through manga material, but this is the first episode where I, an anime-only watcher, really felt it. All because of how much they had to explain in two episodes, and because of how many new characters just fell by the wayside. Rival coil collecting group? How'd they even find out the "sister" was key? No time, can't explain.
MEMOzJun 26, 2022 4:22 PM
Dec 31, 2022 10:59 PM
Aug 2016
Pretty good I would say a breath of fresh story in anime.
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM
Mar 2020
I don't know if i'm just dumb, but i feel like this episode was so confusing, i couldn't keep up with the story as it unfolded.

This idea of how Dimension W can be able to hold another world within the one already existing, i kinda get where they're going, but that being the "possibility" of what could've happened with the accident, i just feel like that wasn't developed very well and lacked explaining.
I felt lost watching it and it just didn't get much of my attention.

It's like they tried to add too much complexity to something that maybe didn't really needed that and if that was they're goal (to develop the main plot tools, like how dimension w and the coils work, to something more complex) then they should've taken a little bit more time to elaborate it better.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.