Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Yume and Shihoru don't seem to have any purpose other than fap and/or waifu material
Feb 7, 2016 4:29 AM
Feb 2016
Anyone else bothered by this?
Feb 7, 2016 6:39 AM

Jan 2013
soreprincess said:
Anyone else bothered by this?

Lol wut?
Then what's the point of Ranta. To be the one to get annoyed at?
What's the point of the big guy? To exist.

Their team dynamic would absolutely 100% change without those two characters and I don't just mean in battle which means they're needed for the show.

If you remove either of them, the show would not be the same, especially ep 4 and beyond.
Feb 7, 2016 7:31 AM

Sep 2013
They're weak little girls, $10 they'll be raped later on for the "realism" the show is going for.
Feb 7, 2016 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
The purpose of life cannot be defined in a manner that most people would agree accordingly. Every individual has a different outlook on the purpose of life. This is why there are not any widely accepted theories or answers to this question, if you don't include religious influences. There are many different purposes of life, depending on what religion you confer with. If you were to take all religious aspects out of this question in particular, the answer would be that we are just animals that live out a lifespan, and die. There is nothing more after death. I on the other hand do not believe that we were made from a star exploding billions of years ago. There must have been an upper-hand that created everything we see and know.
This is the reason why I believe in god. I believe that he created all that we know, and that he is the actual purpose of our lives. This ultimately leads me to believe that the purpose of life would be to follow I his ways, and to obey his rules. If you were to look at all the different religions and their different respected purposes of life, it would basically boil down to the fact that the world was created (as well as people) by a god(s), and their purpose of life was to serve that god. It all depends on what you believe in to determine your purpose of life. These days it may be hard to fulfill the Christian role in life, but I think that by accomplishing worldly goals (such as getting an education/job) while serving Jesus is the way to go about living. This maybe very opinionated as far as the rest of the people on the earth are concerned, but I know where I will be when the lord god returns for his people.
Feb 7, 2016 11:01 AM

May 2015
they add volume to the story
different genders = different point of views in certain events plus their relationships with each other I think it would be different if they were all boys or all girls
Feb 7, 2016 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
okay but what do you want then?
Feb 7, 2016 4:05 PM

Aug 2015
So your saying the entire cast should be guys?

Were you expecting them to be overpowered and killing everythin? This show is a tad bit more realistic then your average anime trash. Even the MC hasn't done anything impressive, Yume has done more then he has in my opinion.

Altough I agree Shihoru is a bit on the useless side, she's pretty much dead weight right now. However that's what makes it differnt from your other "sent to another world" type of anime. These people don't want to kill to survive, they have to.
Feb 7, 2016 9:49 PM

Jan 2015
Yume and Shiroru are really just there for some random emotional moments. IMO Shihoru and Yume pale in comparison to Mary.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 9, 2016 7:45 AM
Apr 2015
I completely agree they are useless. They are not even useful in fights I think the main purpose of the girls was to give Haruhiro people that would support his hate over Ranta, without the girls there would be nobody to be like "fuck you Ranta" except Haruhiro and Mogzo doesn't actually hate all of Ranta's ideas.
Feb 21, 2016 2:30 PM

Jun 2015
soreprincess said:
Poll: Yume and Shihoru don't seem to have any purpose other than fap and/or waifu material
yume and shiwhoreu are waifu material? WOW ur standards are low

Actually the only one that seemed to matter was MAnatocchii......

And he died.

{HXH REF} hell ppl still think leorio is important......

ALSO.... EVRY female char IS FAP MATERIAL!
Apr 14, 2016 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
I disagree. And what do you mean, exactly?

Useless in battle? Not really. Yes, they are inexperienced, but so are the boys and they mess up just as much. And it's better than them suddenly one shot everything.

Useless story-wise? Even bigger no. And what kurikinton said.

I'm surprised this thread isn't closed yet.

And to fap or not to fap? Well, that's up to you.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

281 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 14, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2016

465 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2016

206 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2016

176 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 13, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

230 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 12, 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.