Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 6, 2016 4:32 PM
Aug 2014
Even though slice-of-life is often compared with comedy to not bore the watchers, I I'd like those little cheesiness out and replaced with real, relatable characters and talks. I prefer newer, 2010-present or if veeery relevant you can span to 2008 and no more.

Notable Examples:

Yahari ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigateiru
NHK ni Youkosou
Feb 6, 2016 4:38 PM

May 2012
Hataraki Man
Bartender
Ristorante Paradiso
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Sarai-ya Goyou
Kurenai - mix of action, drama, and comedy
Usagi Drop
Feb 6, 2016 4:52 PM

Sep 2014
WTF is up with all these late year requirements, if It's about the art, well most anime made after 2000, use computers to color, so again, WTF is the deal with the BS year requirement?

Lol, in anycase, I find people to be so picky on the art, to be utterly retarted anyway, in addition, just because a anime doesn't use modern coloring techniques, doesn't mean the art is bad, you newbie.

Now let me show you, how ignorant you truly are with this suggestion:

Kemono no souja erin(made in 2009, and hand colored), It's the be all, end all of sol/draqma anime, and if you don't like this anime, you have no right to watch any sol/drama anime at all. Oh btw, this anime looks all the more better, for being hand colored too :)

I really hate the new breed of anime watchers, that not only feel a need to have a cut-off date, but pick such a late cut-off date, it makes no sense(these people might as well, not get into anime at all, with how new these cut-off dates of theirs are.
Feb 7, 2016 2:06 AM
Aug 2014
Zoltor said:
WTF is up with all these late year requirements, if It's about the art, well most anime made after 2000, use computers to color, so again, WTF is the deal with the BS year requirement?

Lol, in anycase, I find people to be so picky on the art, to be utterly retarted anyway, in addition, just because a anime doesn't use modern coloring techniques, doesn't mean the art is bad, you newbie.

Kemono no souja erin(made in 2009, and hand colored), It's the be all, end all of sol/draqma anime, and if you don't like this anime, you have no right to watch any sol/drama anime at all. Oh btw, this anime looks all the more better, for being hand colored too :)

I really hate the new breed of anime watchers, that not only feel a need to have a cut-off date, but pick such a late cut-off date, it makes no sense(these people might as well, not get into anime at all, with how new these cut-off dates of theirs are.

Have you ever considered preference rather than "omg newfag go fuck yourself?" There is a reason why, it's due to the 'distinct,' common and rather lackluster animation and character design in slice-of-life in 2000's. Look at Air, Clannad, and Kanon, for example. And also count the quality of the recording and their "chibi" extortion.

And shouldn't you not be parading on how 'experienced' you are? It isn't good to be obsessed in a medium so much that you insult preferences and such, especially if it's a 'recommendation'
Feb 7, 2016 2:19 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Zaeros said:
Zoltor said:

Have you ever considered preference rather than "omg newfag go fuck yourself?" There is a reason why, it's due to the 'distinct,' common and rather lackluster animation and character design in slice-of-life in 2000's. Look at Air, Clannad, and Kanon, for example. And also count the quality of the recording and their "chibi" extortion.

And shouldn't you not be parading on how 'experienced' you are? It isn't good to be obsessed in a medium so much that you insult preferences and such, especially if it's a 'recommendation'

Just ignore him...

Topic: Nagi no Asukara maybe? Or Kokoro Connect if you don't mind some drama.
Feb 7, 2016 2:32 AM
Nov 2014
Usagi drop
Natsume Yuujinchou
Feb 7, 2016 2:45 AM

Jun 2014
One Off
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Rely on nothing under heaven
Feb 7, 2016 2:53 AM

Nov 2014
- Mushishi and its sequels (bit old but the art is really good)
- Seirei no Moribito. This has some action but most of the anime is SOL. Kemono no Souja Erin is supposed to be similar but I haven't watched it
- Eve no Jikan
omeg4Feb 7, 2016 2:56 AM
Feb 7, 2016 3:53 AM

Sep 2014
Zaeros said:
Zoltor said:

There hasn't been such a thing as lackluster animation since the 90s for the most part, and even in the 90s, most of the anime that anyone would watch anyway, had pretty damn solid animation too.

Anyyone who picks a cut-off year, that's newer then 2000, has their head up their ass, there's no preference about it.

animation in the anime industry, has remained basically identical since 2000

PS. Oh yea, btw the single anime with the best animation of all time, came out in 1982(The Mysterious Cities of Gold. Also ironically enough the new series being made, has some of the worst animation ever made)
ZoltorFeb 7, 2016 4:24 AM
Feb 7, 2016 5:09 AM

May 2014
Visually-wise, NHK is meh (sure some moments were pretty nice, especially at the end, but it wasn't good overall), if you can bear with it, you can watch any SoL of any year. Any good one at least.

5cm/s, Eve no Jikan, Furiko (it's just 3mn, you can watch it now on youtube), Wolf's children, Usagi Drop.

Also, Clannad has some quite nice scenes, sure the characters designs are questionable, but in term of animation and cinematography, Clannad can be good from time to time (see those three random videos I found : 1, 2, 3; heavy spoilers here). At least better than lots of shows, recent or not.
Feb 7, 2016 5:55 AM
Feb 2016
Kimi to boku. It's slice of life with little comedy. But honestly I find slice of life without comedy boring.
Feb 7, 2016 9:04 AM

Nov 2015
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Feb 19, 2016 3:28 PM
Aug 2014
Okay guys, got my list to watch:
Usagi Drop
Colorful
Eve no Jikan

Maybes:
Natsume Yuujinchou
Mushishi

Already Watched: Wolf's Children, 5cm/s and Garden of Words; those movies are prime examples of what I'm looking for. Slow-paced, almost no comedy and relies on the what you see. I pay attention to various little details which is part of an enjoyable anime (for me anyway). Any more?
Feb 19, 2016 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
Kemono no souja erin

Moribito Guardian of the Spirit

The Legend of Condor Hero

Victorian Romance Emma

Kingdom

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Aishiteruze Baby

Spice and Wolf
Feb 19, 2016 9:32 PM

May 2012
Films
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Millennium Actress
Feb 19, 2016 9:48 PM

Aug 2014
Zoltor said:

New anime viewers tend to prefer higher quality and better animation anime, just as it applied to me back then. Over time, they become more accustomed to different art styles and their preference will span a greater range. Don't blame them for being born in an era where animations are high quality.
Feb 19, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2015
Zoltor said:

Yeah, because heaven forbid people have preferences for what they want to watch. How dare they!

And I really despise people who feel the need to attack other people for having a different taste than them. What's wrong with this person wanting to watch anime that's no older than 2008?
Feb 19, 2016 11:24 PM

Sep 2014
Ari_the_Lion said:
Zoltor said:

Yeah, because heaven forbid people have preferences for what they want to watch. How dare they!

And I really despise people who feel the need to attack other people for having a different taste than them. What's wrong with this person wanting to watch anime that's no older than 2008?

Such late date cutoffs have nothing to do with standards, and everything to do with the fact, they are dumb shits.

People being ignorant, is nothing that should be just accepted, and we shouldn't let such go.
Feb 20, 2016 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
Have you tried the currently running series "Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu"?

More topics from this board

» An anime that's impossible to hate

AnimeDownUnder - Apr 4

23 by Skuletor »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - Apr 12

8 by mo_lave »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Yesterday

6 by PlasticRobot »»
7 hours ago

» Versus is surprisingly interesting, any other manga, manhwa, or anime with similar content?

aLotQuestion_ - 7 hours ago

0 by aLotQuestion_ »»
7 hours ago

» On my way to the depths.... (1)

monke_guy - Apr 15

4 by monke_guy »»
Today, 6:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.