Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2016 9:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
You can find the OVA subbed on YouTube I'll provide the link for it

Basically, this wasn't bad at all imo and the premise has potential....The characters were likable, especially Rai and Frankenstein

But those final right scenes.....OH MY GOODNESS THAT WAS AWESOME.....Rai is a fucking MONSTER
Feb 4, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2012
The story was rushed but the fight at the end was still awesome.
I'm so satisfied to see it animated. Hope there'll be more in the future.
Feb 4, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2013
Annuvin said:
Wait, so is this different from Noblesse: Pamyeol-ui Sijak?

In any case it wasn't bad for an OVA but what the fuck's wrong with the names? Tashiro? Yu-chan? And of course Yohata, or whatever they called Yuna. Is Yuna too hard to pronounce for the average VA or is this some kind of conspiracy not to include any seemingly Korean names?

Looks like setting is moved into Japan in this. I don't think names would be a problem (there wasnt' any problem with Akatsuk no Yona, after all). Not really happy about this, to be honest. But, as one comic strip said: "Eat your hamburgers, Apollo".
Feb 4, 2016 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
it was cool but i was hoping Rai to have more older deep monotone voice

Also can't seem to get it to my list i keep getting "No approved anime found."
Feb 4, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2014
Orange said:
The story was rushed but the fight at the end was still awesome.

How exactly? He stood there and blew up the BBEG. If this is going to be a combat-centric show and all the fights will be the equivalent of stepping on ants it's going to be bloody awful.
Feb 4, 2016 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
OMG!!! NOBLESSE ANIME!!!! I've never been this hyped ever since Log Horizon!!! oh the 3rd season sux though.

OMG FRANKY!!!
Feb 4, 2016 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
A 1 Ep ova....better than nothing i think.
Feb 4, 2016 10:18 AM
Aug 2009
I was very surprised to see it animated. At first I was very happy and excited but later became little dissatisfied about Frankenstein voice and how they rushed fight with Jack. But still I hope for more.
Feb 4, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2012
Orange said:
The story was rushed

well like they said it's OVA, not series , skipping can't be helped since it's OVA

Feb 4, 2016 10:24 AM

Oct 2014
Hopefully there is an upward trend where we see more Korean comics getting adaptations.

Man... I would lose it if "The Breaker" got a TV adaptation.
Feb 4, 2016 10:35 AM
May 2012
Love the animations and Mari is so hot !!
Feb 4, 2016 10:36 AM
Jan 2016
Oh My Days!! I Just Saw That 😍 And I Wanted Someone to disscuse this with. Lol I Thought I Was Dreaming. Noblesse Has An Anime 😍😃. Someone Pinch Me ;)
Feb 4, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
5.5/10 for OVA itself
7/10 as a manhwa reader

BTW, it's available legally worldwide at crunchyroll, so better watch there:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/noblesse-awakening
Feb 4, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2013
I guess production ig just made it to see its potential and usefullness to them, not really happy about the change in the setting but i guess i can live with it.
Feb 4, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
loved it, hope it turns into tv series, like 13 ep would be a good start
Feb 4, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
Setting change was awkward, and the fact they did a whole 75 chapters in one episode obviously lends to serious issues, but all in all they handled it pretty well for an abbreviated highlights reel of such a large amount of material in only 30 minutes of animation. Animation was pretty good quality too. Not a big fan of the changes but its to be expected, with a series that has such a slow start they kinda need to accelerate the beginning or there'd be zero interest in it. Overall I'm quite impressed with how they handled it, despite disappointment in cutting out some of the cooler moments (as well as not doing anything to lead into a part two).

And if this leads into more, ESPECIALLY A BREAKER OR VERITAS ANIME, MY LIFE IS SET.

All in all despite the obvious flaws of it being rushed its far more coherent than it could have been, they picked the right parts to keep and cut given the time they needed to adhere to. It changes the story a bit but overall you get the gist of it successfully so I'd say they did their job quite well and overall I want more but for what it was, I'm quite satisfied.
Arcturus9001Feb 4, 2016 1:09 PM
Feb 4, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2011
wow it was so rushed but better than nothing i guess. also wow imagine all the other manhwas/korean webtoons being animated. Tower of God would be awesome
Feb 4, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2015
Damn I only read up until the two people who got rekt showed up, but that was pretty entertaining-especially for a one episode ova.
Nhibii said:
wow it was so rushed but better than nothing i guess. also wow imagine all the other manhwas/korean webtoons being animated. Tower of God would be awesome

If only my friend.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 4, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2015
Well this was kinda awesome.
The animation was amazing tho, I want to see more.

The ponytail woman was hot.
Feb 4, 2016 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
Vsegda7 said:
5.5/10 for OVA itself
7/10 as a manhwa reader

BTW, it's available legally worldwide at crunchyroll, so better watch there:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/noblesse-awakening

Afaik LINE Webtoons allow for crunchyroll to host this OVA, not the other way around. In other words, the youtube source is legal.

Indeed, theres the good and bad. They did a pretty good job to adapt so many chapters in only 30min; obviously it feels somewhat lacking for the same reason. If instead this was a short series it would have been great, most likely.
Feb 4, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2011
It was a bit rushed, but the story was cohesive and we got some excellent animation for the fights. The character movements were really nice to look at.

The setting change is definitely slightly awkward, but I don't mind it too much. It was produced in Japan, so Japanese voices make sense.

Would there be enough material for a 1 cour though? I mean if they covered 75 chapters in 1 episode, that's quite a bit. Maybe several OVA episodes instead would work.

Edit: It doesn't make much sense to adapt the works of another country (copyrights etc), unless your own country's works are going stale and aren't making much profit. Hollywood, for example, is starting to branch in manga (Ghost in the Shell, Death Note) for whatever reason because they don't have new works/ideas that will make profit. Kudos to Production I.G. for adapting webcomics - I think it's a very bold move. Being one of the best animation studios in the industry, I'm looking forward to what this will open up. I don't think it will be likely, but I'd love for a couple manhua series to get adapted too.
MirorinFeb 4, 2016 6:47 PM
Feb 4, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
It felt rushed but good enough! didn't read the original content but THIS WAS AWESOME! Damn Raizel fucking badass! The animation quality and art style HOLY SHIT IT WAS GOAT MAN F*CKING GOAT ! Even better than One Punch Man's! Production IG Damn you!! I really hope this gets an anime adaptation! IG really teased us with this OVA! The action no words for it! F*cking amazing!
Feb 4, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2010
It was rush, but nevertheless it was good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2016 12:47 PM

Aug 2012
Would love to see more of this.

Sep 2015
OMG OMG OMG OMG new Noblesse ova :DDDDDDD I hope they dare to make a serie :3

Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I'll have to agree with everyone and say that it was rushed. :/ If I didn't read the manwha, I probably wouldn't know what was going on. It's an OVA so...anyways I loved it!! Did anyone get the chills while watching it? I'll definitely rematch this
Feb 4, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2011
lol I had to wait like two hours after I read that Production I.G. did this 1 episode OVA... I was dying from fangirling over the news. But after sitting down and watching it, I still enjoyed the OVA even if they did cram ~75 chapters into 30 minutes. I hope we do get an actual TV series... (I NEED more Frankenstein; especially the sadist side of him in Season Two. Oh and husbando Takio/Takeo~ <3 I need Takio/Takeo!) And I still want to pick up the Japanese volumes of the manhwa.

I liked Shingaki Tarusuke as Rai and loved Hirakawa Daisuke as Frankenstein. Kinda didn't like Oda Hisafumi as M-21 though. Didn't sound like it would fit the character later in the series. But I'm sure once I rewatch the OVA later with my boyfriend, I'd get used to it.
dollssoulkirieFeb 4, 2016 12:57 PM
Feb 4, 2016 1:13 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
This was meh, way to rushed. It was enjoyable enough having read the webtoon, but it was missing all the character building which is what I enjoyed about it. Though, I hope it leads to more.
Feb 4, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
I am so happy seeing this animated, i hope they will seriously consider making it a weekly if it sells well! (sell plz t.t)
Feb 4, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2012
D3pthCharge said:
Hopefully there is an upward trend where we see more Korean comics getting adaptations.

^^^^^If they made an adaption and the animation/action quality reaches 80%+ to the manga, they'd have 100% my budget support

I enjyoed the first episode overall action was great, sad that it was a bit rushed and some scenes of Shinwoo kicking ass was cut, he'd turn that zombie guy into mince meat, not get wrecked by him
CEOAmaterasuFeb 4, 2016 2:36 PM
Feb 4, 2016 2:33 PM
Jan 2016
So glad they released this. Animation was amazing. I'd kill to see M-21 in Werewolf form animated and Seira with her Soul Weapon.

Of course it was going to have to be rushed.. it's a 31 minute OVA not a series.

Hopefully this opens more doors and they release a whole series.
Feb 4, 2016 2:44 PM

Sep 2015
...Nice Music with the opening
atlast :)..noblesse

Feb 4, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2011
Not bad for a 31min OVA. By far the names' change were the worst but... well, the voices and the animation was so fucking good. I hope an anime adaptation comes some year xD.
Feb 4, 2016 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
The animation quality exceeded my expectations. Thanks Production IG.

Storytelling on the other hand felt kinda mixed imo because it was rushed. Then again, it's an OVA so I guess it wasn't surprising. Rai's VA did a good job imo for this . The change of the setting was..eh, not sure I feel about that. I'm just glad to see Noblesse getting some anime. Hopefully this leads to a full TV series in the future also by Production IG in the future. I'd love to see that or as some mentioned before, The Breaker animated.
Feb 4, 2016 3:12 PM

Nov 2014
Animation is good, pacing is too fast. Did not like original manga, but liked ova.

Feb 4, 2016 3:21 PM

Aug 2012
I have to read the manga to watch that shit?
Feb 4, 2016 3:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pacing was pretty fast, but the animations were fantastic. Hopefully this becomes a series. Must read the manhwa!

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerJul 18, 2017 7:16 PM
Feb 4, 2016 3:27 PM

Feb 2015
AvihayAnimes said:
I have to read the manga to watch that shit?

*manwha
---------
it's on the internet now so there's no need to ask. anyway i haven't seen i yet but i definitely intend to watch it tonight.

to the people watching this for the first time: BE PREPARED. SEVERE AWESOMENESS IS COMING TO THE INTERNET IN NO FORM LIKE BEFORE.

if that doesn't convince you, just remember that the minds of kuroko no basket, psycho pass, ghost in the shell and samurai champloo are on this. there's like no way they can mess this up. expect a S2. just do it. as a matter of fact, expect a season 37. and up.

and if that still doesn't convince you, also remember that noblesse has collected over 2 billion page views because of its magnetizing aura of awesomeness.
TomDayJun 11, 2016 9:33 AM
Feb 4, 2016 3:31 PM

Mar 2014
Was pretty rushed, but overall pretty good. A lot of the comedy bits were thrown out.

Hopefully this will get its own animated series.
Feb 4, 2016 4:10 PM

Jun 2014
I loved IT. I haven't read the web toon, BUT I WILL NOW. It was incredible, but that's to be expected since we are talking Production I.G here.
Feb 4, 2016 4:41 PM

Feb 2015
that was better then I thought it would be, not the biggest fan of the manga series, but this was well executed and it's just left me itching for more.

maybe the studio will do this just to test the water to see how fans react and then go onto an entire series. I think I've seen it happen before with other series.

well heres hoping.
Feb 4, 2016 5:57 PM

Sep 2008
D3pthCharge said:

Holy shit The Breaker...need some of that in Anime form, or Sun-Ken Rock...
Feb 4, 2016 5:58 PM

Jan 2012
Stark700 said:
I'm just glad to see Noblesse getting some anime. Hopefully this leads to a full TV series in the future also by Production IG in the future. I'd love to see that or as some mentioned before, The Breaker animated.

This is like a dream come true man after watching ova , i find myself wanting more .

Feb 4, 2016 6:26 PM

Jun 2012
It's shamefull how Manhwa's are treated... So much good Manhawa out there and never get good adaptations like a tv series. So much anime lovers will never know how awesome The Breaker, Noblesse and Shing Angyo Onshi really are.
Feb 4, 2016 6:29 PM

Aug 2015
TTvTT MY FAVORITE WEBTOON!!!! but they cut out a lot of scenes and made changes to the happenings, so the story's rushed and many things are unexplained. The confusion of those who haven't read the webtoon is understandable. (I wrote a manhwa recommendation here, for those of you who are new to Noblesse. ^^ Here's to give you a briefer on what to expect in the manhwa. http://myanimelist.net/profile/koori_no_jin/recommendations)

Anyway, SUPERB ANIMATION!!! I couldn't wish for a better quality for my favorite webtoon. The voice cast is great as well. My babies: Shinwoo, Ikhan, Yuna! You've been voiced and drawn and animated outstandingly. TvT Also Rai, Frankenstein, M-21, M-24, etc. I really hope they'd make an anime series of this. TvT I hope they wouldn't cut out scenes or change happenings.

It pains me that I don't get to give it a perfect score. 8/10. TvT

Still, the animation is outstanding. This makes me want to read Noblesse from Chapter 1 again. (Even though I'm still at Chapter 154/391. XD)
蒼穹を舞う。
Feb 4, 2016 6:29 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Snaita said:
It's shamefull how Manhwa's are treated... So much good Manhawa out there and never get good adaptations like a tv series. So much anime lovers will never know how awesome The Breaker, Noblesse and Shing Angyo Onshi really are.

Well Manhwas are Korean works so Japanese studios would naturally adapt their mangas first if there's something interesting. This is the first step to adapting manhwas, so I think we'll be seeing more of these in the future.
Feb 4, 2016 6:40 PM

Jun 2012
MistyBlue said:
Snaita said:

Well Manhwas are Korean works so Japanese studios would naturally adapt their mangas first if there's something interesting. This is the first step to adapting manhwas, so I think we'll be seeing more of these in the future.

Don't know... Shing Angyo Onshi is what it is and only got a shitty movie and was never heard off again. Sun Ken Rock is practically a Manhwa, it's already ending and never got any kind of adaptation. This Manhaws OVA's and films are all animated by Japanese studios and they still haven't made a tv series till date. Like you said Manwhas are Korean so their publishers don't have the kind of money that Japan has to adapt manga, hope with this one it creates more impact and boosts their sales.
Feb 4, 2016 7:10 PM

Sep 2014
They hit us with that 78 chapter adaptation... more than 2 chapters a minute like the fuck.
Feb 4, 2016 7:33 PM

Jul 2009
I'm just so happy this happened. Like yes. Make more please. I beg of thee.

AntonKutovoi said:
Looks like setting is moved into Japan in this. I don't think names would be a problem (there wasnt' any problem with Akatsuk no Yona, after all). Not really happy about this, to be honest. But, as one comic strip said: "Eat your hamburgers, Apollo".

Why do you think they moved the setting to Japan? Literally everything (including Frankie's house) looks like it's still Korea. It's just voiced in Japanese (a bonus imo :P)
bobzanny said:
Damn I only read up until the two people who got rekt showed up, but that was pretty entertaining-especially for a one episode ova.
Nhibii said:

If only my friend.

TOG would be awesome too. Kubera would be the best though.
InugirlzFeb 4, 2016 7:41 PM
Feb 4, 2016 7:57 PM
Aug 2011
Too much happening too quickly but at least it looked really nice. I'd watch a TV series.

Very off-putting how the characters saying one thing (Tashiro-kun?) but the text reading as something else (Shinwu).
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which one should be watched first ?

AngelShiva - Feb 7, 2016

16 by Jonny_Rooke »»
Sep 29, 2020 4:14 AM

» Next when?

valoon - Feb 16, 2016

4 by Jimmyowns2 »»
Mar 19, 2016 2:24 PM

» Noblesse animated short

Marrone - Feb 4, 2016

14 by Tyrel »»
Feb 4, 2016 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.