Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that was thrilling. The narrative has a very eerie style this episode because of Kayo not being around anymore. Satoru's mind is also breaking apart as he experiences in a timeline where Kayo disappeared.

I think it's interesting to note that he returns to his original self (before the time change) this episode too. No matter what though, Kayo's mom always gives me the bad vibes. Airi's awesome this episode with that punch. Right in the face. Scary cliffhanger :o

Stark700Feb 4, 2016 9:55 AM
Feb 4, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
After the girl went missing and she was "officially (at school)" safe. Then 2nd missing girl... That friend is sharp. The mother seems to be happy about the missing and threw everything related to her, including the glove she knitted for him, away. He is back to the present.

He thinks carefully at the place when mother got killed and realized that the criminal took her stuff away. The coworker seems to be helping out, the boss seems to want to hand him over to the police, though. He realized (first from the book) that the content is altered. The coworker got involved, though.

25:05 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 4, 2016 8:33 AM

Jan 2013
dis gon have a super ultra mega happy ending rite ?
Feb 4, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2013
That Katagiri's punch to the "muh justice" boss scene is enough to calm down all my rage, surprisingly enough. . .

There are few things I can talk about this episode, other than the fact that changing the future is really possible.

Anyway, I just love the way the director thinking about changing the story a bit, like, changing the 'revival' near the house, rather than almost cought by a cop in the manga. Then the next revival is strangely outside the house, making the viewer suicious if the future has changed.

Hoping for another great episode like this again in the next week. . .
Feb 4, 2016 8:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Damn, Kayo's missing again. Back in present time! Satoru's on the run... his life sucks as hell. Airi to the rescue! At least there's someone who trusts Satoru. Getting clues from the library seems like a good idea. Hmm, so the murderer has Satoru's mom's cell phone. Airi's punch was badass. Don't trust that manager guy.

5/5
Feb 4, 2016 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Welcome back to the present, Satoru. He must be despreate to wish for another revival.
Feb 4, 2016 9:56 AM

Sep 2014
Wow! So we are back to the present. It seems that the next victim is going to be Airi (as the opening suggest), that's too bad, i really liked her character. I can't wait till the next week, the suspense is growing a lot. Also the confirmation that he really travel back in time was surprising. I love this show more each week.
Feb 4, 2016 9:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Back to present time....nice to see the cute Airi once more~

So....if Satoru somewhat fails or finishes his job on the past he would go back to the present time? Quite convenient power, I thought he would spend the rest of his time on the past's timeline.

Airi and the manager are bit too trusting.....they're willing to help a murder suspect just because they believe he wouldn't do something like that.
....and I was right.....
RinrinkaFeb 4, 2016 9:59 AM

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 4, 2016 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
That OP is nice, but it's not fitting to the atmosphere. Especially if they are using it after showing something like this in episode intro.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 4, 2016 10:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing things go from bad to worse really makes me sad

Kayo's mom pissing me the fuck off yet again, Kayo disappearing and dying, Satoru coming back to the present to see that all of the deaths hasn't changed, this stupid suspect crap and now fucking Airi (I love her so much) is probably going to die too (I had a feeling this was gonna happen)

FML.....All of this stuff is too depressing dammit TwT....Also it looks like being a pedophile is common in this series since even the damn pizza manager is one too

However, something that caught my eye was the whole "Are you stupid" lines from Airi.....That cannot be just a coincidence and for some reason I feel like she's defintely related to Kayo but I just don't know how yet
TokoyaFeb 4, 2016 10:07 AM
Feb 4, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 2013
Great episode, it certainly changed the pace a bit. Now if only he can trigger something to bring him back to his childhood again. That suspense at the end makes me hate having to wait another week for the next episode. Ugh.
Feb 4, 2016 10:04 AM
Feb 2014
I'm happy Ari figured out it was the killer texting her and now his mom.

Aug 2012
The more I see the more I think the culprit is fully aware of what Satoru is trying to do, aware both in the present and past.

Jan 2016
Episodes keep getting better and better... even though they're all great.
Feb 4, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
Tokoya said:
Seeing things go from bad to worse really makes me sad

This I really liked Airi's character, the killer is framing Satoru very nicely. That text with the burning of the house really puts Satoru in a bind. It was interesting to see the change of pace in the future. Also it was awesome to see he changed the future, gives him hope to save his mom.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Feb 4, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2012
Well with the failure to save Kayo Satoru has returned to the present. Lucky for him Airi's on his side. That creep of a manager was certainly a douche, but I can't blame him for trying to turn Satoru in. Still nice to see Airi punch his face in though. And so the killer has targeted her next. We lost Kayo this week, will Airi perish too?

Oh, and Kayo's mom? Pure scum.

Jan 2015
"Baka nano"...Is Airi...Kayo? She could have lied about the flashback.

HOLY SHIT DIDN'T SEE THAT ENDING!!!

Sep 2015
Please don't kill everyone ...
But with Katagiri death, I hope he will return to the past and save them T-T

1 week to wait :(
Feb 4, 2016 10:10 AM

Nov 2014
Kayo's mother seems needlessly evil at this point. Her little smile when she threw away Kayo's belongings was excessive.

But Airi punching that dumbass manager made everything better again.

5/5
Feb 4, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
can someone post a gif of Airi's punch?
Feb 4, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
i can tell we are going back to the past again after he freaks out when he sees the fire

now he will try to balance 2 cases at once when its all 1 case in general holy shit this is getting amazing

this might be giving stein gate a run for its money

speaking of which i hope it doesnt turn into a which girl should i save situation cuz kayo would probably lose that one since she, in theory already has been dead
Feb 4, 2016 10:13 AM

Jan 2015
aznsensation801 said:

Feb 4, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2012
Xenocrisi said:
aznsensation801 said:

Thank you kindly :3
Feb 4, 2016 10:15 AM
Jan 2016
I AM SO DAMN DONE

Kayo is gone... DAMMIT! I WAS HOPING THAT SHE WILL LIVE!
Loved Airi in this episode though.

I start to get the feeling that Airi might be Kayo... I mean, "Are you stupid?" line... IT CANNOT BE COINCIDENCE! Not to mention similar hair colour. I should rewatch some episodes to see if they have same eye colour too... I really did not look at characters too much, I was too hyped about the plot.

I find this opening unfitting tho after such intro though...
Next week better come fast!
Feb 4, 2016 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
KirmiShinigami said:
I AM SO DAMN DONE

I start to get the feeling that Airi might be Kayo... I mean, "Are you stupid?" line... IT CANNOT BE COINCIDENCE! Not to mention similar hair colour. I should rewatch some episodes to see if they have same eye colour too... I really did not look at characters too much, I was too hyped about the plot.

...that doesnt even make sense since they would be the same age....what
Feb 4, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2011
Eh, this episode felt quite a bit different from the previous ones. But it still managed to keep the tension up the whole time. I was scared that something would happen to Airi (considering that pervy manager and suspicious "rich"-looking guy). Remembering the opening, I thought she might get raped and killed, but her house was set on fire. Wtf.
Feb 4, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
omg the guy who talked with the manager is the teacher right?They had the same voice.
Feb 4, 2016 10:20 AM
Jan 2016
moodie said:
KirmiShinigami said:
I AM SO DAMN DONE

...that doesnt even make sense since they would be the same age....what

True that... Kayo has time-travel powers? idk I just really really hope it is true somehow... BECAUSE I WANT NEITHER OF THEM TO DIE!
Feb 4, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 2008
Okay, so, we know now that Kayo was not kidnapped and raped by some sadist, but beaten to death by her own mother. The follow up question of "What are we going to do now?" is the key to the following kidnappings.

Apparently, the following kidnappings happened to cover up for Kayos murder and then conveniently "Yuuki" got blamed and convicted for something he didn't do. In essence, if Satoru can stop Kayo from dying, he will save the other two girls.

New mysterious figure appears and have a nice long chat with the manager of the place where Satoru worked. His face was not shown and he took a long stare at Airi, then her house is set on fire. He is somehow related to the kidnappings or are we being lead by the nose here?
How is the guy walking in panama hat in episode 1 and supposedly murdering Satorus mother, related to this new character?

I suspect Airi will actually die, he will be blamed for another death and be send back in time for a second time. Get a little closer to discovering the truth but fail again, third time is the charm.
ZingFreelancerFeb 4, 2016 10:30 AM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated

Jun 2015
Xenocrisi said:
aznsensation801 said:

Savage as fuck.

I bet when Satoru hears about Airi's death, he'll have another reset.

This is getting pretty good.
Jun 2014
Just like last week I had a horrible feeling all episode long that Airi's death would be impending, and again it ended with enough of a cliffhanger to make the wait for next week incredibly painful. I don't think I've ever been this invested in an anime before.

AlexTheRiot said:
The more I see the more I think the culprit is fully aware of what Satoru is trying to do, aware both in the present and past.

Same here, the way Airi was specifically targeted here makes me think the culprit is aware of everything Satoru and others around him are doing.
Feb 4, 2016 10:26 AM
Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:
aznsensation801 said:

That was a great punch
Feb 4, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
STAAAAAAAAAAHPPPP!!! As if the start seeing Kayo's bruised beaten up (probably dead) body but even Airi?!?!?! WTF!!

Was Kayo's body in the bag? Why would they focus on the Crows eating it and shit. THAT'S F***ED UP BEYOND BELIEF if true! DISGUSTING AF!

I really loved the Kayo focus but I missed Airi so much too. She's such a great girl. Dat falcon punch was so satisfying. I really hope she's not dead D: But no one's near by. Who can come and save her?

So that old guy talking to the manager is the killer? His hair slid back totally reminded me of the killer and not showing the face makes it too obvious but he can be anyone from the past. Might even be sensei. He sounded really old tho.

Interesting that the Future changed. Can't wait for his nxt revival but now he's gonna also need to save Airi. Loved his reaction to her "Bakanano" XD

Apr 2008
AzureSymphony said:
everything Satoru and others around him are doing.

Not necessarily, remember he mentioned that this sort of thing happened before. Kidnappings -> caught culprit who claims to be innocent. Just like "Yuuki" got blamed for Kayo +2 others girls death, now it's Satoru's turn to take the fall for his mother death ++.

Since she was helping Satoru, adding her to the list of victims makes sense, especially when Manager can testify that he saw Satoru hang around her house.

Jan 2015
Probably the weakest of the first 5 episodes, that being said it was still very good.

Satoru really is in a clusterfuck to put it nicely.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 4, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
It was different. There's not any clear indication of where it's going. A lot of questions have been raised though. How does his power work? Is it a one off? if he fails than he goes back to the present and does he ever get another chance? How many times has he done this? He was sent back because of his mother, not Hinazuki, (unless they have some really weird twist planned) so I guess failing to save them is the trigger for his mothers death. Maybe the old rich dude is Satoru's old teacher. Airi hadn't even been born when Hinazuki was abducted, and Hinazuki's dead so idk why people are thinking they're the same person.
Feb 4, 2016 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:

They would obviously be the same age so I don't think that works.

But I could totally see him solving the case and coming back to a grown up Kayo and an Airi who was never born.
Feb 4, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
Paulo27 said:
Xenocrisi said:

But I could totally see him solving the case and coming back to a grown up Kayo and an Airi who was never born.

She could have lied about her age too.
Feb 4, 2016 10:31 AM

Feb 2014
Another top notch episode. A lot happened this week with some amazing turn of events. I feel so on edge watching this. Its so intense because I am so invested in this show.Airi is best girl right now, be alright!
Feb 4, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
First the mother and now Airi? You can't be serious this damn killer is ruthless as hell.

And they just end it like that? This show is hurting me in all sorts of ways.
Feb 4, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
merryfistmas said:
It was different. There's not any clear indication of where it's going. A lot of questions have been raised though. How does his power work? Is it a one off? if he fails than he goes back to the present and does he ever get another chance? How many times has he done this? He was sent back because of his mother, not Hinazuki, (unless they have some really weird twist planned) so I guess failing to save them is the trigger for his mothers death. Maybe the old rich dude is Satoru's old teacher. Airi hadn't even been born when Hinazuki was abducted, and Hinazuki's dead so idk why people are thinking they're the same person.

Honestly I thought he would keep on repeating the same pattern over and over again until he succeeds. Current development tossed me into confusion. This could have a similar ending to the dark tower :O
Feb 4, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Paulo27 said:

thats just utterly stupid
Feb 4, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2015
moodie said:
Xenocrisi said:

thats just utterly stupid

You're rude. How's it stupid? Why couldn't she lie about her age?
Feb 4, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
OMG! This killer is something clever.

So now that is going to be another charge against the MC.

~Great episode!!!

Mar 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Paulo27 said:

Eeeh, I hope they sell "suspension of disbelief" pills then, because I'll have to take quite a few before watching that.

Mar 2013

... So it's this guy then? The one on the right? "Nishizono". Unless... it's another fucking red herring. But no, I don't think so. It's probably this guy, whoever he is. And that's the question, who is he?... It's not the teacher under a different name is it? His voice did sound kinda similar, but a bit deeper. Well the teacher should be a bit older at this point so that... kinda... fits actually.

Still keeping the possibility in mind that several people are involved though.
Feb 4, 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
Xenocrisi said:

Nop, Airi is 17 years old in the present time-line. If she was Kayo she would be the same age as the MC, 29
Feb 4, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2015
Oh my god everyone is going to die T_T
Nice punch airi!
Feb 4, 2016 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
I'm loving this anime!!
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Feb 4, 2016 10:38 AM

Sep 2015
Did anyone else catch this during the Opening..?

Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.