Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 5, 2016 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
The main character is treated like garbage. The butt of so many jokes. Stand up for yourself, dude.
I want to like the show, there are some things I like. But a lot of the time it feels so average it hurts. Yet, I'll admit the last scene between Koito and Haruhiko was cute.
Feb 5, 2016 3:10 AM

Oct 2015
That was a bit of a 'meh' episode.
Pretty average, nothing ground breaking happened, nothing too interesting.

It was nice to see Koito start to interact with them at the end. Maybe she'll come out of her shell finally.
Feb 5, 2016 5:56 AM

Dec 2015
This

I just died of cuteness.
Feb 5, 2016 6:36 AM

Jan 2014
GuidedCursor said:
Why do I still keep coming back to this show ? Kyoani and moe factor, I guess.

Tekken02 said:

You know what you need to do to find that wasted potential? - even when the amount of bad writting and nonsensical plot is incredible - read the LN or try to find the summaries. You're watching something completely original from the anime, while I think in the same way as you do, I'm sure kyoani is right now getting the backlash of what they did here.

But for now if you want some cliffhanger that brings something interesting to the story I can only tell you this: that's probably not going to happen - umm cant remember the magazine but there is already the title and staff of the next episodes leaked -.

*Episode 4 -.
Honestly i think if you had Koito and Haruhiko only this entire episode you could've done something but Mai's actions IMO ruined the episode -. Her character to me is a bigger problem, Mai butting in to get the phantom was unnecessary -. The fussyness was idiotic -. I really hated how Mai had to step in to kill the beast too and lets not get into the water point. Regardless the LN wont help things it will just emphasize how bad it was -.

This is one of the exams why I don't quite into the show. There's no real tension or vulnerability. You already knew everything will be solved easily. And don't get me start on the viral infection outbreak caused the Phantom appearance, which seems interesting at first by the way they said in the first episode's intro, but then it quickly become absolute nonsense.

Just a meh/8 ep
I just dropped this
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Feb 5, 2016 7:14 AM

Dec 2012
Best episode by far, & last week had an amazing episode too damn, Kyoani delivering!

Kyoani delivers on this episode again.
That's two in a row now!
Feb 5, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Harag said:
So I might be in the minority here but that constant "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..." of Minase while she's using her power makes the whole thing awkward. And annoying.

I realize it's supposed to be a song but... come on it's not even a singing voice. just... "aaaa...".
They could have put at the very least a minimal effort there.
Don't worry, you're not in the minority. I was also thinking the same thing.

It was a decent episode. It was focussed on Koito. Had a few laughs but could be better.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 5, 2016 8:13 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Koito best girl. Otherwise eh.
Feb 5, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty cool episode! Somehow, that phantom reminds me of Volcanion from Pokemon.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 5, 2016 12:10 PM

Aug 2014
A pretty good episode, Minase was quite nice and her being tsun at the end was rather cute, lol.
Feb 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Sep 2014
Koito and Reina Shipping, -le sighs- That it most likely won't happen.
Feb 5, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2015
I hope I'm not the only one who seriously hates Minase's chant/singing voice. It's so bland and sounds really awkward.... Ugh.

The loli is officially my favorite character in this whole anime though omg.
I mean, JUST LOOK AT HER.
SHE'S ADORABLE.

And then Minase's blushing face is pretty kawaii too~

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Feb 5, 2016 8:54 PM

Jun 2015
Man, KyoAni is so very much wasting its time and talents on this one!
I'll keep watching for the art but I sure wish they'd be doing KonoSuba instead of this dead-end of an anime.
Feb 6, 2016 1:24 AM

Sep 2013
Finally the loli is out, but Koito past just cliche
Feb 6, 2016 1:55 AM

Nov 2015
Feb 6, 2016 2:22 AM

Dec 2008
I don't like Minase, hope no more ep. focused on her.
Feb 6, 2016 2:36 AM

Mar 2015
Melvin117 said:
GuidedCursor said:
Why do I still keep coming back to this show ? Kyoani and moe factor, I guess.

This is one of the exams why I don't quite into the show. There's no real tension or vulnerability. You already knew everything will be solved easily. And don't get me start on the viral infection outbreak caused the Phantom appearance, which seems interesting at first by the way they said in the first episode's intro, but then it quickly become absolute nonsense.

Just a meh/8 ep
I just dropped this

Good call. I wish I could do the same.
KotobakayaroFeb 6, 2016 9:15 AM

Feb 6, 2016 2:38 AM

Mar 2015
CaptainCrackpot said:
I'll keep watching for the art but I sure wish they'd be doing KonoSuba instead of this dead-end of an anime.

Totally agreed. These two are like the exact opposite of each other.

Feb 6, 2016 4:56 AM

Oct 2014
D-Amn these visuals are pretty fkn awesome.

Story wise it's still pretty weak :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2016 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
Bunnies?!
BUNNIES

3/5 for the episode.
Minase is pretty, I liked her design since the beginning. I don't like her as a character, though. It was nice to see her past, but it was boring anyway.
I like pancakes.
Feb 6, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2009
Coulda been worse, it had someting for the new or less new characters, all that. It didn't stand out that much, you know? :o
Feb 6, 2016 6:25 PM

Apr 2015
Koito-san blush HNG.

Bicycle-chan got some fucked up hairstyle tho XD.
Feb 6, 2016 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
I really like the voice acting in this show.
Feb 7, 2016 4:32 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode by far!

Minase best girl
Feb 7, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2016
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
CaptainCrackpot said:

you are kidding? You wanted KonoSuba adapted by KyoAni?

Kazuma is a different MC, Kazuma not suffering bully and physical assaults of generic heroines what happens in 80% of the current show, in KonoSuba is Kazuma who does bully and mocks of the heroines, the first thing Kyoani would do is remove this characteristic of Kazuma, they would completely alter his personality and characteristics, and has transformed Kazuma in one of his beta MCs.

KonoSuba would be completely modified plot and story, they would go completely unique because KonoSuba is a type of show that violates the principles of KyoAni, KyoAni would never allow a male character especially the MC male to stand out and shine more than one of his stupid waifus Moe with soft hair, you would see something worse than they did with Musaigen the Phantom World.

Musaigen the Phantom World that you're watching is a original version made by KyoAni that is rewriting the history, the original version of the light novel is completely different.

You should is to thank God and be happy because KonoSuba was not adapted by KyoAni, because KonoSuba would have been more a great light novel that would end up being destroyed by KyoAni..

The negativity surrounding the show is simply to the fact that this is a completely original storyline -. But the fact is if you're going to adapt an LN for animation dont do anime original this soon -. It completely alienates the fans of the LN and those looking forward to it -.

Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
I thank God every day, that Code Geass and Death Note have not been adapted by KyoAni.
just thinking and imagining see Lelouch and Light, be tranformed in one of the beta MCs of KyoAni, makes me sick.

Code Geass by KyoAni -.

Death Note by KyoAni -.

Twins? -.
Feb 7, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
HIGH SPEED JAPANESE BULLET TRAIN INCOMING. aaannnddd it got rekt.
An episode based around Minase, I like her so let's get roightttt inttooo the newzzz (yes keemstar)
Man the sensei is freaking hot and beautiful
Pedobear emerging to help, no wonder the loli has it.
Red head literally getting a red head (ayy gr8 pun m8 lolololol), she's qt tho
I knew Minase was going through those kinds of problems ( she'll fukin kill me if I call her Koito), being left alone as others were pu55ies around her. Real world is like this as well.
Cheeky Sensei lying ayy I got you m8, I fokkin got you.
What Ruru-chan goes to "places" at night!? I'm kind worried about that you know. Shit.
And yeah, overall a pretty nice episode. It's a 3/5 from me
p.s purple haired loli joined and her pedobear put in some work in this episode.
Feb 7, 2016 3:56 PM
Dec 2015
Pretty good episode. The Phantom looked like the new pokemon Volcanion. And the way Minase acted in the end was rather cute <3. Hope she joins the team, even tho she a little bit irritating voice.
Feb 9, 2016 6:21 AM
Dec 2012
When that teddy bear becomes big and ONE PUNCH that phantom, I laughed my ass off. The teddy is da MVP of this episode! Deus Ex is strong in this episode... Kurumi-chan is so moeeeeeeeee! moe sugiru yo!!! Minase sure put damn a lot of sugar in her milk...
Feb 10, 2016 4:14 AM

Dec 2009
Kurumi is deadly moe... Frickin adorable! Please let me hug QQ

yuiyuigahama said:
kurumi face is very punchable i really really hate her lol.
your face is very punchable :<
If you punched a little girl i'd kill you (not really, i'm not that cruel).

Those were some beautiful chickens. That was definitely someone's portfolio lol.

ThreePointer said:
WHEN THE QUEEN OF ICE WARMS UP TO YOU, YOUR HEART WILL SURELY MELT
Tsundere mode activate!
The 「ああー」 sonic cannon is meh, at least Mogana's sonic voice was blasting, and not someone opening their mouth for food. I mean even if the voiced a different note each time it'd be better, but oh well not a big deal.

LovelyHikari said:
- Mai: Physical attacker
- Koito: Special Attacker
- Kurumi's Bear: Decoy/Tank
- Reina: Healer/Sealer
- Haruhiko: Decoy?
- Mai: Kung Fu Master (TaiChi Quan) + groping self buffs
- Koito: Sorcerer/Force Master
- Kurumi + Bear: Blade & Soul style 'summoner'
- Reina: Healer/Devourer
- Haruhiko: Classical Summoner + Buff/Debuff + Sealer (His ability reminds me of Paru,'s ability, but less epic.)

Mascera said:
That guy do have a point, though.
He should stop whining and start hanging out.

What a circus this is. Everyone just quit whining about everything and quit weeab-ing. It's obviously another anime in the long line of moe service anime. Appreciate it for what it is or just don't watch.
I saw someone bitch about loli: seriously now, so immature we can't handle some loli?
GenesisAriaFeb 10, 2016 4:22 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 10, 2016 7:19 AM

Oct 2008
Sensei pulling the strings behind is a troll because she already knew that phantom is not the same one 4 years ago.
Moe Kurumi is moe! (a very distinct voice VA Kuno Misaki!)
Blushing Koito is also cute!
seems like Mai-sempai and Koito-san won't be getting along with each other (for now)...
5/5.

Feb 10, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Koito's ability is as cringeworthy as Cross Ange's battle singing.

Also no finger sucking this time? 1/10 :v
Feb 10, 2016 7:30 PM
Oct 2010
Sigh... ok, but this anime is getting tedious. It is trying to insert conflict and character drama, but it is really, really not working. Just focus on humor, fanservice and battles with phantoms. The attempts at seriousness fall entirely flat.
Feb 11, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2013
This show would have been so much better if the MC had been the pink haired girl and everything was less stupid.
Feb 11, 2016 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Koito is so adorable. I have a soft spot for the stony characters with a cold exterior who are warm and fluffy on the inside. Sweet little kuudere.

I will agree that the noise she makes to activate her power really isn't "singing", though. More like awkward yelling.
Feb 12, 2016 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
Koito's reaction at the end was predictable. Another enjoyable episode. Reina used her ability again, but I prefer when she sucked haruhiko's finger ;).

Dat uppercut !
SakaitsuFeb 12, 2016 1:23 AM
Feb 12, 2016 2:11 PM
May 2012
Speerhausen said:
Albrecht (or is it Tibbers? All you people keep referring to the League of Legends champion) is my new favorite. I mean favorite Phantom. Ruu needs to develop more character(which I hope she does, especially with her being secretive about what she does at night.)

I think everyone is missing the point of the mc. He truly is the glue that brings the team together. Without him none of the others would get along, or would have even met.

I think that Ruru actually is a supporting spirit so I don't know I think a flat character is fine since she is not a real person.

Albrecht is actually really usefull Kurumi only needs to call him and then he does all the fighting.

All in all nice Episode. I liked that they also switched to Koito's point of view for some time.

For me it looks like they needed 3 Episodes to find their style and now doing fine.
Feb 14, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2015
I hate that singing stuff. Despite that, I enjoyed the episode. dat blush tho
Feb 15, 2016 2:43 AM

Oct 2013
This show is objectively mediocre but I subjectively like a lot due to the KyoAni charm. I quite enjoyed this episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 22, 2016 7:58 PM

Feb 2016
kurumi is so precious omg. her hair makes me laugh, though.

although it still doesn't seem to be going anywhere in terms of "story", i'm enjoying the series a lot more now.
Feb 23, 2016 2:59 AM
Mar 2012
Marchosias & Albrecht did awesome. Bear fight reminds me of Gundam Beargguy.
Bunnies & Kurumi were cute.
Those chickens look terrified.
"Koito chan" more developed.
Feb 24, 2016 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
I need this plushy right now. Where do they sell this ?!

This episode is better than the last.. damn a tsundere is born !!
Koito-san instant affection level infinity. xD
Feb 25, 2016 4:37 AM
Dec 2009
You think there would be enough phantoms around that they wouldn't have to fight over who has the "rights" to take one down. Did we really need a petty rivalry between Koita and Mai?

I love how they show Koito practicing singing a bit home alone, then cut to our main guy yawning at the door. The two of them are synchronized~ haha.
Feb 25, 2016 1:32 PM

Jul 2009
I don't like Koito's attitude.
Kurumi is so cute!
Feb 26, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2010
Someone tie Kurumi's hair the right way, pls.

Sensei best setter.

Apologizing Koito is cute. Hope she remains that way.
Feb 26, 2016 7:02 PM
Sep 2015
Do not call her Koito-san , call her koito-chan.

But btw. I do not know what's really the conflict of this plot. Every episode, they just show some character developments. But still, Love the show. :)
Mar 8, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2012
Tekken02 said:
*Episode 4 -.
Honestly i think if you had Koito and Haruhiko only this entire episode you could've done something but Mai's actions IMO ruined the episode -. Her character to me is a bigger problem, Mai butting in to get the phantom was unnecessary -. The fussyness was idiotic -. I really hated how Mai had to step in to kill the beast too and lets not get into the water point. Regardless the LN wont help things it will just emphasize how bad it was -.

I feel like the whole problem wouldn't even have happened if Haruhiko hadn't gone after Minase at the beginning. She lost her voice because she went to protect him, but oh well.
dizzyur said:
I have a soft spot for the stony characters with a cold exterior who are warm and fluffy on the inside. Sweet little kuudere.

I have a soft spot for that type of character as well, whoever they are *sigh*

That Digimon moster though xD
-miraiiMar 8, 2016 9:02 AM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 9, 2016 4:59 PM

Oct 2012
Eh, Minase is so annoying with her attitude. And her chant is so ridiculous.

And Kurumi is even worse, who cares about her childish bear and petty problems? Shame we will have to suffer through it whole next episode.
Mar 21, 2016 11:47 PM

Jun 2014
Ah yes, cute redhead. I love it.

But honestly. JUST ONCE. JUST ONCE do I want a MC to be like "You know you're being a real bitch. Everyone's got problems. The kind of people that don't seek help, are usually the people who end up dead. Do you want to die?" GOD I WANT THAT SO BADLY.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 2, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2009
Best Waifu Koito is best Waifu
Apr 4, 2016 11:38 PM

Nov 2012
Koito can be a bit unbearable at first, but after you got past her cool fronts, incredible amount of HHNNNNGGGG released.

My favorite episode so far.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 23, 2016 7:06 AM

Jan 2016
WOOOOW Just wow , So dull, so short action, but alright i guess, But something i most criticise, Izumis Healing WORST HEALING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! AAAAHHH WHAT!! and the Beer? finally It is the beast! meanwhile Cat fight alert! and come on why the cute husky? sure love husky, husky's for the win, but i do wanna see the really monster helldog :P
Overall Episode was okay. meh liked
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.