Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Feb 2, 2016 7:56 AM

I don't know, it might sound stupid, but is it worth watching? or is it better instead to follow the manga?

I've watched Sidonia no Kishi which was produced by Polygon Pictures and read the manga; they're really different and changed a lot of plots.

I'm not saying that the animation is bad, but you need to get used to the 3D animation, which in my opinion seems pretty choppy.

I'm quite interested in the story, but not anymore since I realized that PP is handling the animation and since lots of people mentioned that it has similarities to Tokyo Ghoul.
Should I watch or just read it?

Feb 3, 2016 5:50 PM

It is better to watch than reading the manga.

Edit: It is following the manga page by page.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.

Feb 9, 2016 1:20 AM

Watch the anime! It is so hype! Each episode gives me chills!

Feb 10, 2016 6:48 PM
Anime Moderator
Do both! I'm liking the manga more and more, and the anime is doing a really great job atmospherically. It also feels very cinematic, and the bgm is intense and fitting. '

Sidonia no Kishi didn't have that much change from the manga, although they did cut out a few things and I think switch some parts around? Still, I don't think it was that different (unless you're talking about Kunato's character development, which I think a few people complained about?).

Ajin so far has been really faithful, but given that it's only 13 episodes, we don't know if they'll change anything later on. I still think it's worth the watch though, unless you really don't like 3DCGI and can't get used to it. If that's case, definitely read the manga. I can see the comparison between Ajin and Tokyo Ghoul, but they're quite different. So far, Ajin doesn't have any bigger theme like tragedy, suffering, and discrimination of the two beings (well I guess there is this but it's not very in your face), it's just a entertaining read that follows Kei. Kei's character is also very different from Kaneki, and I think Kei's character is quite refreshing. He's intelligent, rational, and pretty much just wants to live a peaceful life. He doesn't have any bigger plans.

Feb 11, 2016 6:29 PM

I like both. In terms of adaption, the anime has been following the manga exceptionally well. However, if you truly desire to choose, I'd say there are several reasons to pick one over the other:

Manga: Obviously the manga is further along in its story, and I personally find its art more appealing (although this is of little relevance given that they are two different medium). The translations are also of a better quality than the subs that are currently out for the show.

Anime: The OST of this show is amazing, something that is unfortunately not possible in the manga. The VAs help bring the characters to life in a way the mangaka couldn't, and seeing fluid animation of certain scenes as opposed to panels is great. However, this is also just due to the change in medium.

I would probably suggest reading the manga first if only because it was create first. You can always watch the anime later, like I am doing now.

Feb 11, 2016 6:31 PM

tingy said:
Sidonia no Kishi didn't have that much change from the manga, although they did cut out a few things and I think switch some parts around? Still, I don't think it was that different (unless you're talking about Kunato's character development, which I think a few people complained about?).
SnK feels completely different from the Manga though and the Anime was much better, IMO.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Feb 11, 2016 9:21 PM
Anime Moderator
Mayuka said:
tingy said:
SnK feels completely different from the Manga though and the Anime was much better, IMO.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The atmosphere was different in the anime, and I think it's the same for Ajin too. That's one thing Polygon Pictures has done really well with these two adaptations, I especially love the attention to sound (effects and music). And that's also why I said both, because manga you can get the full version, but anime you can more engrossed in the episode. Well, imo anyways.

Preview MangaManga Store