Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2016 3:22 AM

Jan 2016
What if someone came up to you and handed you a book and you started reading it and you realize it was a book about your entire life, would you read it until the end?
You can state the reason if you want, in fact I would gladly read it.

*Just an interesting question in a picture I shared on FB years ago..I just found it dicking around the "On This Day" feature of that site*
Feb 1, 2016 3:24 AM
Apr 2013
If it was about my entire life, then by the time I read it, I am already dead.
Feb 1, 2016 3:26 AM

Mar 2015
I would be more than happy to read it. But I'll stop halfway because I don't like spoilers.
Feb 1, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
That would be way too boring, no way I would read all that.
Feb 1, 2016 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
Man that would hurt to read. I enjoy my simple life but damn would it be boring. I am cool with knowing what happens. But by reading it wouldn't I affect the outcome or are events set in stone?
Feb 1, 2016 3:37 AM

Aug 2012
probably read it, and try to change things that i want lel (only if possible)

But you'll still take damage!
Feb 1, 2016 3:42 AM

Feb 2013
If it was a manga and not a book I would read from first to last page.
If it's a book I would read the last page only.
Feb 1, 2016 3:52 AM

Jan 2016
Drobie said:
Man that would hurt to read. I enjoy my simple life but damn would it be boring. I am cool with knowing what happens. But by reading it wouldn't I affect the outcome or are events set in stone?

maku21 said:
probably read it, and try to change things that i want lel (only if possible)

If you could affect the outcome then the contents of the book will also change...and if your read it again and affect the outcome once again...it becomes circular and more interesting(as opposed to being it set to stone)... haha!

A paradox, I guess?
Feb 1, 2016 3:55 AM

Aug 2012
CapitalistGod said:

If you could affect the outcome then the contents of the book will also change...and if your read it again and affect the outcome once again...it becomes circular and more interesting(as opposed to being it set to stone)... haha!

A paradox, I guess?

lol forgot about that part. probably just change a few things just to be safe haha

But you'll still take damage!
Feb 1, 2016 5:35 AM

Feb 2010
i would read it and would try to change things i dislike
Feb 1, 2016 5:47 AM

Feb 2013
I would read it but maybe not till the end, im rather curious how's my life gonna be but i dont care how or when im gonna die.

Feb 1, 2016 6:08 AM

Jun 2012
Wouldn't that be impossible? If you read the whole book the book would end up constantly saying "you read the part you read the part you read the part.." constantly until you die, you expect that the ending would be you read the part about your death but you never get to that point because you die on that moment, Supertasks are a strange thing as you will always almost reach the ending but you are always at least a half the way away as you go on.

So no I wouldn't unless I could skip to the end or to certain parts of the book and if the book is changeable, aka it changes based on your knowledge that these events would happen.
Feb 1, 2016 6:44 AM

Jun 2015
I wouldn't read any of it.
There are much more interesting things to read.

Feb 1, 2016 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
Absolutely not lol.

I'll just read your story op
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 1, 2016 6:47 AM

Dec 2015
Cebix said:
Wouldn't that be impossible? If you read the whole book the book would end up constantly saying "you read the part you read the part you read the part.." constantly until you die, you expect that the ending would be you read the part about your death but you never get to that point because you die on that moment, Supertasks are a strange thing as you will always almost reach the ending but you are always at least a half the way away as you go on.

So no I wouldn't unless I could skip to the end or to certain parts of the book and if the book is changeable, aka it changes based on your knowledge that these events would happen.

Bruh, the book is clairvoyant. :D

Plus it knows what you do at night... *shifts eyes*
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 1, 2016 7:12 AM

Jan 2016
KonaKoffee4 said:
Absolutely not lol.

"Boredom Simulator w/ some exciting things scattered through" would be a the title of my book. I doubt it would sell and interest you. haha!
Feb 1, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2016
Not interested. Where's the fun in knowing how the rest of my life plays out?
Feb 1, 2016 7:57 AM

Dec 2013
I'll just read the very, very end to see if I went out in a blaze of glory.
Feb 1, 2016 8:00 AM

Aug 2008
No, thank you. That sounds like a horrible book.
Feb 1, 2016 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
CapitalistGod said:
KonaKoffee4 said:
Absolutely not lol.

"Boredom Simulator w/ some exciting things scattered through" would be a the title of my book. I doubt it would sell and interest you. haha!

How about ''A historical insight of the human condition at the start of the 21st century'' - I'd read that.
Feb 1, 2016 8:52 AM

Jun 2012
KonaKoffee4 said:
Cebix said:

Bruh, the book is clairvoyant. :D

Plus it knows what you do at night... *shifts eyes*

That book is a perv..... I approve? XD
Feb 1, 2016 9:00 AM

Jul 2014
OP are you every middle aged mom on facebook who Shares Minion pics with quotes?
Feb 1, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2015
Time isn't determined, the only thing that does determine the future is the decisions we make as the future becomes the past.
Reading the book doesn't mean your life would have to go that way, you can see all the mistakes you might (lol will) make and avoid them

"chapter 35 Dekota was going to invest in that small start up"

"Chapter 45, that small start up is now one of the biggest corporations in the world, shoulda invested that 10k"

THANK YOU BOOK, now I know.

Vor uns liegt MAL, in uns marschiert MAL, und hinter uns, kommt MAL!
Feb 1, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2015
Nah too many spoilers m8..
Also stealing your ex's phone and reading her text messages is gut wrenching enough so unless I'm allowed to change my future the first place that book's going to is the furnace..
Feb 1, 2016 9:19 AM

Jan 2016
chokingasuka said:
OP are you every middle aged mom on facebook who Shares Minion pics with quotes?

LOL... No... I do upload and share funny pictures or something I was interested in from time to time... years ago...haha!
Feb 4, 2016 8:44 PM

Feb 2016
I'd probably set it on fire and make some s'mores.
Feb 4, 2016 8:53 PM

Mar 2008
So this is a question about (pre)determinism. I suppose this can play out two ways. Either the book only has one storyline and if that is the case I could just read into it and use it as a guide of what to change. If the story changes with each decision I could just skim read it and figure out how to change decisions that way.
Feb 4, 2016 8:57 PM

Dec 2015
I'm sure the story of my life would be fraught with spelling mistakes and run on sentences.
Feb 4, 2016 11:56 PM

Dec 2008
CapitalistGod said:
What if someone came up to you and handed you a book and you started reading it and you realize it was a book about your entire life, would you read it until the end?
You can state the reason if you want, in fact I would gladly read it.

*Just an interesting question in a picture I shared on FB years ago..I just found it dicking around the "On This Day" feature of that site*

If they are reading a book about my entire life then they know too much. I will imprison them while I fret about whether to take their life or not.
Feb 5, 2016 1:28 AM

Feb 2015
It would be incredibly boring, for sure. I'd probably skim through it and check how it ends. :)
Feb 5, 2016 1:49 AM

Sep 2015
No. It would lead me to be constantly thinking about the whole "is the future predetermined or not?" question. Too much stress.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Feb 5, 2016 2:20 AM

Jul 2015
I would read my past to the present because I have a lot of memory issues. Its like I forget everything and everyone since I graduated highschool and it was just last year in August
Curious is the case of man.
He runs towards the world he can never catch, and runs away from death he can never escape.

More topics from this board

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 7 hours ago

6 by Nemo_Niemand »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 12 hours ago

20 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 8 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.