Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 1, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2008
trump54 said:
Darklight0303 said:
Jesus christ people still bitching about so called destroying Brandish's character when it was proven from introduction that she's a MASSIVE dork? Wow you people really love blaming Mashima for your own misguided delusions

Everyone is a dork in this manga, I think its JSUT annoying when bad guy with the decked stacked and all this power don't JSUT kill their enemy.

Anyway I wonder if gray can remove the remaining demon particles in Lexus body. If the events we saw in the anime Is canon him stressing his body during The thick of his illness in tortures could explain his condition.
Lexus s also the type of character you need to remove from battle to allow tension, since like gildarts and Serena he is impossibly strong

I don't think Gray can use Devil slayer magic for healing. After all Porly gave him the antidote and if that didn't work completely things are looking grim. We don't know for sure if it's the exact same as what Natsu developed though. After all he didn't show any signs of it before he collapsed. Meanwhile Laxus said he's had it occur every now and again since the Tartaros incident.
Feb 1, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2010
Prediction: Laxus will get his dragon lacrima removed (possibly by force) thus removing the side effect and the lightning dragon lacrima from God Serena will be implanted in it's place.

Nice little setup if this is true.

Feb 1, 2016 7:33 AM

Apr 2010
I don't think Wendy's at any risk of being 'stripped' by Dimaria. Mashima has been pretty good about keeping Wendy fanservice to a minimum. So either Wendy isn't her 'type', or she'll start fighting seriously.

It was kind of left up in the air during the Avatar arc regarding whether or not she could go full Dragon Force at will, and this chapter more or less proves she can -- she was only pulling on a little of it's power during Avatar as evident by the fact that she didn't grow the wing pieces she has now and had during the Ezel battle.

But we probably won't see more of that battle for a couple of chapters. There are a lot of FT members on that front and only two Spriggan, so it's possible the Sky Sisters won't fight alone against Dimaria. So for now lets just see what happens with Laxus.
Feb 1, 2016 7:48 AM
Aug 2015
parallelzero said:
I don't think Wendy's at any risk of being 'stripped' by Dimaria. Mashima has been pretty good about keeping Wendy fanservice to a minimum. So either Wendy isn't her 'type', or she'll start fighting seriously.

It was kind of left up in the air during the Avatar arc regarding whether or not she could go full Dragon Force at will, and this chapter more or less proves she can -- she was only pulling on a little of it's power during Avatar as evident by the fact that she didn't grow the wing pieces she has now and had during the Ezel battle.

But we probably won't see more of that battle for a couple of chapters. There are a lot of FT members on that front and only two Spriggan, so it's possible the Sky Sisters won't fight alone against Dimaria. So for now lets just see what happens with Laxus.

Please, for the love of God. Don't employ fanservice of Wendy or Chelia. I'm begging you, Mashima.
I don't have anything witty or philosophical for my signature, mainly because I can't think of anything.
Feb 1, 2016 7:51 AM

Apr 2008
MartintheDragon said:
parallelzero said:

Please, for the love of God. Don't employ fanservice of Wendy or Chelia. I'm begging you, Mashima.

Official name is Sherria. This has been confirmed
Feb 1, 2016 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
MartintheDragon said:
parallelzero said:

Um...a bit late for that? Remember Natsu melting Chelia's clothes two arcs ago? Wendy's bdsm outfit from the omake? Wendy's ass shot from the ova?
Feb 1, 2016 7:59 AM

Jun 2013
AllenNoah said:
MartintheDragon said:

Um...a bit late for that? Remember Natsu melting Chelia's clothes two arcs ago? Wendy's bdsm outfit from the omake? Wendy's ass shot from the ova?

What OVA? If it's the Ryuuzetsu Land one, that's all on the anime staff, since in the chapter it wasn't like that. And what omake? The punishment one?

I noticed that when it comes to fanservice for girls, those who are aged 15/16+ usually are the victims in most anime & manga.
Feb 1, 2016 8:01 AM

Apr 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Official name is Sherria. This has been confirmed

Nobody is obligated to use this name though, the fandom has known her as 'Chelia' for a long time and if someone prefers to use that name that's their prerogative.
Feb 1, 2016 8:06 AM

Aug 2014
metsujin said:
AllenNoah said:

What OVA? If it's the Ryuuzetsu Land one, that's all on the anime staff, since in the chapter it wasn't like that. And what omake? The punishment one?

I noticed that when it comes to fanservice for girls, those who are aged 15/16+ usually are the victims in most anime & manga.

The one before that. The Beach Training one. And yes, the punishment omake when Cana has her trying on different outfits.
Feb 1, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
AllenNoah said:

The one before that. The Beach Training one. And yes, the punishment omake when Cana has her trying on different outfits.

That was an OVA that wasn't based on an actual chapter drawn by Mashima. I haven't seen it so I can't really comment. The punishment one is kind of like... do you consider it fanservice if a character is wearing a bikini? I guess it depends on perspective but we've seen Wendy in a bikini and what was shown in the punishment game chapter wasn't really worse.

Anyways, what I meant was that Mashima seems to make a point to keep her censored most of the time. Like remember when Chelia and Wendy fell from the sky and kicked thugs in the face and Chelia's underwear weren't censored but the angle used for Wendy intentionally avoided it?

Though the omake chapters are usually published in different magazines that have different rules so... gestures wildly at that Christmas omake.

At any rate, it's really hard to label fanservice when it's not blatant since everyone has different definitions. Regardless, compared to the other female characters Wendy has had it undeniably better and hopefully that trend continues
Feb 1, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2013
AllenNoah said:
metsujin said:

I think that's Levy's ass (Gajeel gonna arrest us), but still it's not in the manga, so studio's fault. I can't comment on that much... because she was with Cana...
Feb 1, 2016 8:20 AM
Jul 2012
well since gildarts probably got hit just like serena did i'm thinking serena will come back.
Feb 1, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:

No I can't say you're all that wrong about Dimaria. Though her special trait has only started coming out the most since she started fighting. Before that she was pretty okay.

The only spriggans worth keepiing an eye on are definitely August, Wahl, Braddman Neinhart and Jacob. Dimaria is still not unsalvageable yet. She did seem to take Wendy's kick rather harshly so maybe her switch has been flipped.

...Okay, I'll bite. Why? August has done nothing, Badd is just Mecha-Zancrow/Jackal (you know, the flashy flamboyant types that get taken out early), Bloodman and Jacob have done nothing, and Neinhart is literally just sitting n his ass.
Feb 1, 2016 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
That nakama power at the end though. Looks like Wahl is gonna be rekt soon.
Feb 1, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
Magic King is always stopping that Master Assassin from actig...I want to see both of them using their skill already. Well they cannot win Against Acnologia so they just have to let him leave.

Wait...What About God Serena...don't Tell me he actually was finished by that...Surely "Magic King" could use Healing spells?

So...LAxus is not 100 %? god damn what a Bad luck. Erza.....(>_<'') is it just me or has her personality changed somewhat? Drooling over Bear...and Sleeping with Juvia?

Death Flags are rising...I wonder if Hiro-sensei actually really Kill member of FT main Cast or important Character? that Would throw quite Big Curve Ball.

and Gajeel x Levy Moment again....Hiro-sensei is really making that Pairing happen currently. (LOL, what if in the end these 2 would not get into together? that would be quite shock....And GaLe fans would kill everyone)

Aand The Closet Pervert War Princess Diamaria...is once again stripping Women...

OK...I SAY It Now...No Matter How Good "Sky Sisters" are fighting together....If they could NOT Beat Bluenote Stinger!!! They do not stand Chance against Diamaria!!

and Pissed OFF LAXUS IS AFTER JUDGE!!! XD PayBACK TIME!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 1, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2013
TheGendoTrain said:
Laxus deathflags, he's voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi in the anime, that means he's doomed

Does he always Voice Characters that Die in the? That is what i am getting from your review
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 1, 2016 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
Confirmed Zeref can't 1v1 acnologia without help.
Feb 1, 2016 9:46 AM

Aug 2014
Jarjaxle said:
TheGendoTrain said:
Laxus deathflags, he's voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi in the anime, that means he's doomed

Does he always Voice Characters that Die in the? That is what i am getting from your review

No, just a rather famous one.
Feb 1, 2016 9:57 AM

Dec 2009
Really looking forward to Wendy fighting Dimaria, it's been so long since her last real fight (Which was Ezel) looking forward to seeing how much she has improved with Dragon force. Also I'm worried about Laxus now, the death flags are everywhere for him. I mean this arc is setting up death flags everywhere, but I doubt that many characters are actually going to die.
Feb 1, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
Guess God Serena is out.
Dem deathflags, kinda doubt anyone from the guild will die though.
Lold at Juvia and Erza
Gajeel so smooth...xD
Wendy dragon force nice :o
Feb 1, 2016 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, all the big players are on the battlefield now. Glad to see Wendy join them as well. Looking forward to Laxus' fight next time.
Feb 1, 2016 11:47 AM
Jul 2015
j0x said:
i only read the raws for now, Laxus is sweating there as if he has some illness and Laxus will battle that robot/machine magic user

Hey may i ask where you get the raws? I find I'd much rather read the original language than some translation(albeit mangastream isn't horrible).
Feb 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2015
So everyone is back to their old habits before another battle. I wonder how long will Natsu sleep and how much power have he lost.

Feb 1, 2016 12:23 PM
Jul 2015
TheGrandSage23 said:
rapidcif said:
Honestly I think fanbases jump to conclusions WAY too early. I mean, people are talking about the spriggans being disappointing but last time I checked, only 2/12 have been defeated, and 1 by a ridicously OP non fairy tail member. I think i'll wait for some more Spriggan defeats before I cast judgement.

The Spriggans just aren't delivering the hype anymore. They haven't really done anything in awhile. I wouldn't have much of a problem it Hiro actually showed them more of a threat. Brandish was a complete letdown in terms of how her story was so easily rushed and only made to side with Fairy Tail since she was a fan favorite. DiMaria has done nothing but strip women of their clothing and get kicked in the face by Wendy of all people.. Azeel was decent but was defeated too early however his defeat did make sense and it had sone teamwork. Serena being killed by Acno was correct I mean it's freaking Acnologia but as big of a threat Serena was his presence REALLY short.

I was expecting an actual war with different guilds fighting the Spriggans. We have the setup but that's it. I mean these are the Spriggan 12.. Hiro hyped them up to be the most powerful threat yet however I felt more hyped and more interest when Fairy Tail battled the Demon Gates. Because it was a hard fought back n forth battle. The demons were pushing Fairy Tail to its limits and desperation and keep in mind the demons were considered rejects by Zeref.

Now none of that is happening. Hell Dimaria pretty much let Kagura go back and regathering forces and guess who's with her now? Erza. This won't end well for the Spriggans. It's not the fact Acnologia is stealing the thunder away but the Spriggans since Azeel haven't done anything. Great designs and decent powers but unfortunately Hiro isn't using it any of that potential

I understand what you're saying, I really do. But i feel like you are exactly proving my point.

You are making these statements in the midst of the story's development. For example, you say the Spriggans haven't done anything, but that's because we aren't even at the point in the story where they can do anything -the war is still in it's developmental stage. Azeel was sort of an appetizer, and Serena was killed off by acnologia. Besides those 2, we haven't even begun to taste the extent of the Spriggan's abilities. Of course, regarding this, you can make the complaint that Hiro is taking too long "setting things up", which would be a legitimate claim. But this is distinctly different from your criticism of the development of these characters or the arc itself, when said development hasn't advanced much past its initial stage. It's akin to judging a 10 chapter book after reading the first 2 chapters. I think the crux of the problem is that we only get one chapter a week, and we want action, or our respective senses of satisfaction. And when we don't get what we want to see, we feel somewhat disappointed. But in fact, each chapter is but a puzzle piece of a the holistic story that is this arc; a portion of the whole should judged in light of the entire context, which we don't have. But the problem with a lot of fans is that they extend their weekly reactions to the entire work itself, and these feelings do not change despite redeeming developments that occur later, so they gradually develop into a type of distorted opinion(not saying this is you, just explaining my point). For example, you could say that Hiro is taking too long "setting things up", but you can't make a definitive conclusion on this until you see what he is setting up for. Similarly, you say Tartaros pushed FT while the Spriggans did not, but actually we aren't even at the point in the story where FT can be pushed or not-pushed. The idea is that you want to see it happen now whilst in a state where you have to wait a week for 20 pages of possible development and satifisfaction, but this is impossible. Not saying the work is perfect and flawless; my point is criticisms should be made in the right context.
Feb 1, 2016 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
I swear, you guys are pretentious as all hell.
I've never seen anybody on this forum toss around "death flag" so much until Mashima himself did in one of his chapters a while back.

I guess Mashima taught you guys what death flag means and now you can't wait to use a new term like little kids. 😁
Feb 1, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
rapidcif said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

The Spriggans just aren't delivering the hype anymore. They haven't really done anything in awhile. I wouldn't have much of a problem it Hiro actually showed them more of a threat. Brandish was a complete letdown in terms of how her story was so easily rushed and only made to side with Fairy Tail since she was a fan favorite. DiMaria has done nothing but strip women of their clothing and get kicked in the face by Wendy of all people.. Azeel was decent but was defeated too early however his defeat did make sense and it had sone teamwork. Serena being killed by Acno was correct I mean it's freaking Acnologia but as big of a threat Serena was his presence REALLY short.

I was expecting an actual war with different guilds fighting the Spriggans. We have the setup but that's it. I mean these are the Spriggan 12.. Hiro hyped them up to be the most powerful threat yet however I felt more hyped and more interest when Fairy Tail battled the Demon Gates. Because it was a hard fought back n forth battle. The demons were pushing Fairy Tail to its limits and desperation and keep in mind the demons were considered rejects by Zeref.

Now none of that is happening. Hell Dimaria pretty much let Kagura go back and regathering forces and guess who's with her now? Erza. This won't end well for the Spriggans. It's not the fact Acnologia is stealing the thunder away but the Spriggans since Azeel haven't done anything. Great designs and decent powers but unfortunately Hiro isn't using it any of that potential

I understand what you're saying, I really do. But i feel like you are exactly proving my point.

You are making these statements in the midst of the story's development. For example, you say the Spriggans haven't done anything, but that's because we aren't even at the point in the story where they can do anything -the war is still in it's developmental stage. Azeel was sort of an appetizer, and Serena was killed off by acnologia. Besides those 2, we haven't even begun to taste the extent of the Spriggan's abilities. Of course, regarding this, you can make the complaint that Hiro is taking too long "setting things up", which would be a legitimate claim. But this is distinctly different from your criticism of the development of these characters or the arc itself, when said development hasn't advanced much past its initial stage. It's akin to judging a 10 chapter book after reading the first 2 chapters. I think the crux of the problem is that we only get one chapter a week, and we want action, or our respective senses of satisfaction. And when we don't get what we want to see, we feel somewhat disappointed. But in fact, each chapter is but a puzzle piece of a the holistic story that is this arc; a portion of the whole should judged in light of the entire context, which we don't have. But the problem with a lot of fans is that they extend their weekly reactions to the entire work itself, and these feelings do not change despite redeeming developments that occur later, so they gradually develop into a type of distorted opinion(not saying this is you, just explaining my point). For example, you could say that Hiro is taking too long "setting things up", but you can't make a definitive conclusion on this until you see what he is setting up for. Similarly, you say Tartaros pushed FT while the Spriggans did not, but actually we aren't even at the point in the story where FT can be pushed or not-pushed. The idea is that you want to see it happen now whilst in a state where you have to wait a week for 20 pages of possible development and satifisfaction, but this is impossible. Not saying the work is perfect and flawless; my point is criticisms should be made in the right context.

And that context is...when? The end of the arc? The series? What's the point of having chapter discussions if it's too soon to talk about the content of the chapter?
Feb 1, 2016 12:45 PM
Sep 2015
rapidcif said:

Now none of that is happening. Hell Dimaria pretty much let Kagura go back and regathering forces and guess who's with her now? Erza.

I want to comment on this part. Is it so hard to come to the conclusion that they were just arrogant and thought no matter who they brought, it wouldn't have been an issue? Hell given their status, it makes sense. Not to mention it's typical villain mistake 101.
Feb 1, 2016 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
"I'll arrest you... And lock you up in the guilds prison for sure."

What the fuck is with this piece of dialogue?

3/5. Expectations are low considering the shit that happened before in this arc.

Can't wait for some more God Serena goodness. ^^

Dimaria stop being a fucking twat as well. You've had chances to slaughter multiple people in a war in just keep throwing them away.
"Hi!"
Feb 1, 2016 1:08 PM

Jan 2009
rapidcif said:
j0x said:
i only read the raws for now, Laxus is sweating there as if he has some illness and Laxus will battle that robot/machine magic user

Hey may i ask where you get the raws? I find I'd much rather read the original language than some translation(albeit mangastream isn't horrible).

i read the raws from here https://www.reddit.com/r/fairytail/comments/43n3u6/chapter_471_links_discussion/czjk2f7
particularly this http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/375389
Feb 1, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2014
breaker335 said:
rapidcif said:

Now none of that is happening. Hell Dimaria pretty much let Kagura go back and regathering forces and guess who's with her now? Erza.

I want to comment on this part. Is it so hard to come to the conclusion that they were just arrogant and thought no matter who they brought, it wouldn't have been an issue? Hell given their status, it makes sense. Not to mention it's typical villain mistake 101.

Considerring this chapter Dimaria decided to kill Chelia so that she couldn't heal the others, yes.

Also...the bolded is the real issue, it's typical. It's been done several times within this very manga. I was partially facetious when I described the Spriggans we'd seen as ">insert adjective here< Spice" before to highlight their genericness, but it's becoming truer and truer. The manga wants you to believe that this is supposed to be something on a level far beyond anything that Fairy Tail's dealt with, but it all rings so hollow and token because the Spriggans aren't characters in and of themselves. They're over designed Mooks with names and given a single trait a top the usual villainous arrogance so that they can seem unique but really aren't. I feel kinda bad for writing off Azir "the cocky one" because when you get down to it every Spriggan we've seen has a degree of arrogance to them.
Feb 1, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
Gajeel X Levy FTW !! XD
Feb 1, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2009
So yeah we didn't really get a confirmation if God Serena is actually dead. I also think he is, just would have been nice to get a 100% confirmation (now watch him suddenly reappear 20 chapters from now). Anyway I also agree that the Spriggan 12 have lost some of their hype, since the focus of the reader is now on where Acnologia is going to appear again and who is going to fight him next. I can imagine one of the Spriggan not paying attention or thinking they can take him on and then getting killed in the end.

I really hope we see some actual fighting from DiMaria in the next chapter. I really like her (not just because of her name) and would love to see a badass battle between her and Erza or Kagura. I would like if it was just a 1 vs. 1, preferrably Kagura, since we haven't actually seen her fighting a big fight in quite a while.

Laxus vs. Wahl is gonna be interesting. I hope Mashima doesn't go the obvious route with Laxus being on the verge of winning and then his illness kicks in and he loses. I guess Gray or someone else will come to his rescue. Or we really have a major death in FT. It seems unlikely, but I guess it's not impossible.
Feb 1, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2011
rapidcif said:

Great arguements , no doubt. But the issue is that the Spriggan are actually losing face. So it's not that we are on the wait to see what they can do, rather we see their presence overshadowed bit by bit. Look at it like this:
Azeel-Down.
Brandish - Switched sides.
Serened-Dead (acno or not he provided entertainment for ONE chapter)
Dimaria-One of the most ridiculous villains in this manga.

Wahl is the only exception. He tried to kill the Raijinshu and Ichiya with fake robots and that didn't work he shot a huge-ass laser across from the harbor.

The rest are on hold.

...So in a way, 1/4 of them are down, and only 1/12 delivered so far. Do we have some sort of foreshadowing a brutal plan/strategy on their part to build promise -as per your saying? No , we do not...

Either way, major props for the bolded sentence, independently from the topic discussed specifically in this chapter.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 1, 2016 1:31 PM

Aug 2014
Kanic said:
rapidcif said:

Great arguements , no doubt. But the issue is that the Spriggan are actually losing face. So it's not that we are on the wait to see what they can do, rather we see their presence overshadowed bit by bit. Look at it like this:
Azeel-Down.
Brandish - Switched sides.
Serened-Dead (acno or not he provided entertainment for ONE chapter)
Dimaria-One of the most ridiculous villains in this manga.

Wahl is the only exception. He tried to kill the Raijinshu and Ichiya with fake robots and that didn't work he shot a huge-ass laser across from the harbor.

The rest are on hold.

...So in a way, 1/4 of them are down, and only 1/12 delivered so far. Do we have some sort of foreshadowing a brutal plan/strategy on their part to build promise -as per your saying? No , we do not...

Either way, major props for the bolded sentence, independently from the topic discussed specifically in this chapter.

And he never did that again, probably because it would've worked if it he did. It really just highlighted how hollow and token the Spriggan hype was.
Feb 1, 2016 1:54 PM

Mar 2011
^^Cuz it consumes a lot of magic? The spam arguement doesn't really work, there always limitations that exist for the sake of sensibility and balance that the author doesn't need to explicitly state every single time. Besides, Wahl could have thought "the first one had the elemtn of surprise and didn't work so now that they know how my attack works the 2nd shot has an even less rate of success". I know I would if I was in his shoes
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Feb 1, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2013
Kanic said:
^^Cuz it consumes a lot of magic? The spam arguement doesn't really work, there always limitations that exist for the sake of sensibility and balance that the author doesn't need to explicitly state every single time. Besides, Wahl could have thought "the first one had the elemtn of surprise and didn't work so now that they know how my attack works the 2nd shot has an even less rate of success". I know I would if I was in his shoes

See I think here is a problem with a lot of the complaints, and not just for FT, other series too, the author in some instence doesn't need to 'throw' everything at you. I think their intention is also to make you imagine how some things work etc. As you said, it makes sense that a cannon like that should consume a let's say big portion of magic.
Feb 1, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
Looking forward to these upcoming fights
Feb 1, 2016 2:25 PM

Aug 2012
Meira_Eve said:
Wendy comes and kick Dimaria's face with.... DRAGON FORCE MODE???! seriously? Is that mean that Wendy is better than Natsu at controlling dragon force? The last time Natsu activate it he's still need a bait to activate it..
And yes... the chapter is fooling aroud to much... what are you thinking Mashima?? It's in the middle of a war there.. Is he really want to end the manga that fast to the point most of the enemies are fighting all at once there..
But still.. my Fave girl is fighting too.. go get her Wendy!
Chapter 432 Wendy is shown that she can go Dragon force at anytime.
Feb 1, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2007
Its hilarious on how the times you facepalm increase with every page of FT chapter nowadays.

Welp...Spriggans being a complete fucking joke confirmed. They literally have yet to do anything important. Hey the spikey girl cut more clothes! Yay I guess? "Strongest beings on the continent" my ass.

First Brandish gets turned into fucking comedy gag, then God Serena gets anticlimatic "death". Now two more get their faces kicked in by fucking Wendy and Laxus out of all people. This is reaching GMG and Tenrou Island level of "what the fuck are you smoking, mashima?"

2/5
Feb 1, 2016 3:15 PM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
Its hilarious on how the times you facepalm increase with every page of FT chapter nowadays.

Welp...Spriggans being a complete fucking joke confirmed. They literally have yet to do anything important. Hey the spikey girl cut more clothes! Yay I guess? "Strongest beings on the continent" my ass.

First Brandish gets turned into fucking comedy gag, then God Serena gets anticlimatic "death". Now two more get their faces kicked in by fucking Wendy and Laxus out of all people. This is reaching GMG and Tenrou Island level of "what the fuck are you smoking, mashima?"

2/5

GMG I get, but what was wrong with Tenrou? Besides Erza vs Azuma, I mean.
Feb 1, 2016 3:19 PM

Jul 2007
AllenNoah said:
Fai said:

2/5

"let's beat hades with TOMORROW's Share of magic!"
"Oh look this unbeatable villain has a very convenient mcguffin failsafe instakill that was found by useless cat!"
Feb 1, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
AllenNoah said:

"let's beat hades with TOMORROW's Share of magic!"
"Oh look this unbeatable villain has a very convenient mcguffin failsafe instakill that was found by useless cat!"

That was Faust. Though I'll agree that was dumb. Hades was:
"I have Lightning Flame Dragon Mode now!"
"Cute, I'm gonna open my other eye now."
"Well...shit."

And it wasn't an instakill. In fact he was still able to tank Natsu's hits and even send him back before Laxus blindsided him and Ultear restored the Tenrou Tree giving everyone their power back allowing them to dogpile him. In my opinion Hades was the best victory over an arc villain. It was a massive team effort not just on the battlefield, but behind the scenes too and Hades himself took massive amounts of punishment before going down as opposed to the villains we have now.
Feb 1, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2015
Enjoyed the Laxus-Gray conversation. Nice to seeing two badasses interacting with each other for once.
Feb 1, 2016 3:48 PM

Nov 2008
What the hell did that chick steal Issei's dress break ability?
Feb 1, 2016 4:05 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:

2/5

What's wrong with Wendy and Laxus getting a hit on the villains? Wendy has been built up as becoming progressively stronger and she is one of the main characters of the series. Dragon Force is nothing to sneeze at either. Also are you really complaining about Laxus!? He's always been ridiculously powerful, him landing a hit is to be expected. I don't get how two of the stronger cast members landing a single blow makes you so outraged. It's not like they won their fights already.
Feb 1, 2016 4:07 PM

Dec 2015
Wendy with that kick on Dimaria, and the look on face of Dimaria was hype, really want to see how OP she is. Then at the end Laxus coming face to face with Wahl...
Shit is most definitely going down.

Feb 1, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
Maybe we're just getting impatient...

I mean last week if we ignore the Acnologia effect, it literally was a chapter of one Spriggan taking the TOP4 WS like it was nothing, and I doubt God Serena was that stronger compared to other Spriggans if his fate was only to be destroyed by Acnologia 5 pages later, we already knew that no one can stand against Acnologia even Zeref stated that.

Right now both Dimaria and Wahl are in the same position as Ajeel was in the last page of chapter 446 when Natsu punched his face, everyone freaked out and said that Ajeel was already done and the Spriggans are just a bunch of overrated, yet the guy easily recovered and almost killed Erza and just by that "almost" some people actually think he had delivered his hype.

"This is war, we need some deaths"
Sure but this is also "Fairy Tail" where good guys win fights only by shouting "FRIENDSHIP", so please wake up and noticed that already, there's no way the author will suddenly change the manga and start killing people left and right, what he can do is kill some side characters like Makarov simply because right now the guy is just useless and since Phantom Lord arc Makarov has always been on the verge of death.

In my opinion, I don't believe the Spriggans need to kill in order to deliver their hype but just like what Serena did to the WS, just show how powerful you really are to the point the other characters get hopeless, I still have faith in both Dimaria and Wahl, but that surely has a limit since this is FT we're talking about.
Feb 1, 2016 4:43 PM

Aug 2014
-ZET- said:
Maybe we're just getting impatient...

I mean last week if we ignore the Acnologia effect, it literally was a chapter of one Spriggan taking the TOP4 WS like it was nothing, and I doubt God Serena was that stronger compared to other Spriggans if his fate was only to be destroyed by Acnologia 5 pages later, we already knew that no one can stand against Acnologia even Zeref stated that.

Right now both Dimaria and Wahl are in the same position as Ajeel was in the last page of chapter 446 when Natsu punched his face, everyone freaked out and said that Ajeel was already done and the Spriggans are just a bunch of overrated, yet the guy easily recovered and almost killed Erza and just by that "almost" some people actually think he had delivered his hype.

"This is war, we need some deaths"
Sure but this is also "Fairy Tail" where good guys win fights only by shouting "FRIENDSHIP", so please wake up and noticed that already, there's no way the author will suddenly change the manga and start killing people left and right, what he can do is kill some side characters like Makarov simply because right now the guy is just useless and since Phantom Lord arc Makarov has always been on the verge of death.

In my opinion, I don't believe the Spriggans need to kill in order to deliver their hype but just like what Serena did to the WS, just show how powerful you really are to the point the other characters get hopeless, I still have faith in both Dimaria and Wahl, but that surely has a limit since this is FT we're talking about.

I will say that Serena was a step in the right direction once we got to see him fight (actually showing a character in action generates hype, how 'bout that?) although that right step ended up being on a landmine in the end (I know he's Acnologia, but that's the problem. He didn't need any extra hype and all it did was show just how little the Twelve matter in the scheme of things).

I think the main issue with Badd and DiMaria is that there was an opportunity to fight against legitimate opponents (Kagura and Lyon, two swordswomen and two mages that build things to fight), but instead DiMaria opted for fanservice and Badd crouched on a roof like he was Spider-Man casting magic missiles of dubious effectiveness (Seriously is Beth dead or not? If she isn't, then I lose faith in Badd as a mage, since that means he couldn't kill her with a direct hit that she showed no ability to defend against. But if she isn't then I lose faith in Mashima as a writer, since that means he decided that the post-battle camp scene would be better served focusing on fanservice than the guild's reaction to a dead member).
Feb 1, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2014
After August's declaration, now it is all the more clear to me. Zeref will get Fairy Heart and with it, will pulverize Acnologia and then he will become the Final Boss for real.
Feb 1, 2016 5:55 PM

Aug 2015
AllenNoah said:
(Seriously is Beth dead or not? If she isn't, then I lose faith in Badd as a mage, since that means he couldn't kill her with a direct hit that she showed no ability to defend against. But if she isn't then I lose faith in Mashima as a writer, since that means he decided that the post-battle camp scene would be better served focusing on fanservice than the guild's reaction to a dead member).

Beth ( and few other ppl from LS as well) should take a direct hit from it attack . and as you say if they survive it will be really show Badd as one of the 12 strongest wizards that he's attack can be stop by average mage that isn't even defend from it .. if they dead well i agree as well because it shows MH and LS that they don't even care about fallen members ...
ViciLockhartFeb 1, 2016 5:58 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.