Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2016 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very interesting for a fun little 30 minute short for some sort of phone. I found some of the lines cheesy, but they were nice.
Feb 8, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
(Every 3-5 minutes) *BEEEEEEP!!! *
*Mario picks up the phone* I need your help!
(A simple question with an obvious answer)
You made it! *BEEEEEEP*

Pretty much like "Dora the Explorer", just Mario. The stupid "trivia" parts completely broke all interest in the story. But it's supposed to be a game (kinda), so I won't be too harsh with it.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Feb 11, 2017 8:41 PM

May 2015
Why was this never a full series? It has accurate character designs, decent voices and it actually follows the game unlike other adaptations.
Dec 29, 2018 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
The beep killed my ears q_q

Mario is a terrible brother and Luigi is best guy, this is a proper Mario work.
Apr 21, 2019 6:34 PM
May 2016
that was a pretty... interesting watch. that beeping was awful for my ears every time though, and mario is an asshole
ShiroanonApr 23, 2019 10:30 AM
Jul 16, 2019 1:29 AM

Sep 2018
To the people that are complaining about the beeping, you aren't meant to hear that. It's the signal for the device to "wake up" so to say.
Aug 10, 2023 12:36 PM
Feb 2020
Keitaro004 said:
(Every 3-5 minutes) *BEEEEEEP!!! *
*Mario picks up the phone* I need your help!
(A simple question with an obvious answer)
You made it! *BEEEEEEP*

Pretty much like "Dora the Explorer", just Mario. The stupid "trivia" parts completely broke all interest in the story. But it's supposed to be a game (kinda), so I won't be too harsh with it.
If you look at the subbed version, there's an informational promo about a telephone product that goes with the show. https://www.tumblr.com/ego-sum-id-quod-cantum-ludere/725295695370813440/a-super-mario-ova-with-a-telephone-console-i?source=share Here's the Wikipedia article about it as well.

I would love to know what happens when you make a different decision from the source that you found the OVA from (for me I'm using AniWave). It seems there's only one right decision, but I do want to know what happens if you choose a different option (the fire flower could have been a good choice as well as the candle, for example). I do wish there was a short where you go on different paths of your choice, that would have been very entertaining for adults as well.
passing_throughAug 10, 2023 1:05 PM
Aug 10, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2020
I honestly found the voices in the sub to be pretty boring, but then I went to the dub and it's hilariously bad. Peach's voice sounds like it came from Real-Time Fandub, which would've been unironically funny if this actually was Real-Time Fandub. Luigi sounds bored most of the time (the "Let's-a-gooooo" was so bad). Bowser's voice is completely muffled. Only Mario's voice is somewhat decent in the dub.
Jan 15, 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
revisiting a Terebikko special is always a bit jarring
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.