Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2016 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally a small project of an unknown animator that isn't complete garbage.

For those of you who wish to watch this but can't find it, it's currently up on viemo HERE: https://vimeo.com/148443711
(Legal link - it's the official channel of "Tokyo University of the Arts,Graduate School of Film and New Media,Department of Animation.")

I can't quite put my mind around this, it's extremely abstract and beautiful. The music was very fitting and atmospheric, I really liked that too.

The creators 'explanation' of it is just as beautiful as the animation itself:

There's also, this, for explaining the storyline: http://liltasm.com/re/SBUL.html
Mar 20, 2019 6:11 PM

Oct 2015
The hymning actually brought a sense of morbidity in my view though. Also the rabbits looked like little termite and that actually creeper me out, other than that it was okay.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 11, 2020 4:02 AM

Sep 2011
Weird humming and strange bunnies taking care of a dolphin. The overall premise is promising, I love the abstract symbolism and the humming sounds are relaxing.

Definitely a favorite.
I want to sleep...
Jul 24, 2021 4:44 PM
Sep 2017
Cleome said:
Weird humming and strange bunnies taking care of a dolphin. The overall premise is promising, I love the abstract symbolism and the humming sounds are relaxing.

Definitely a favorite.

Can you please explain the symbolism? Because I don't get it.
Jul 25, 2021 1:56 PM

Sep 2011
@AnimeWatcherMan

Honestly, I don't know the exact meaning behind this film. What I do know is that when I saw it it made me think of dreaming and made me feel relaxed. The rabbits were trying to help the dolphin sleep even in a world of chaos and cacophony.

If you were to read the synopsis it makes more sense: "Increasing in its number, small rabbits take care of a great dolphin. Can the dolphin get to sleep by rabbits' gentle caress? May many people have good sleep and sweet dreams tonight even in the world with whining sounds and wriggle of yin and yang."

On the other hand, sometimes things don't have to have a meaning behind them. So try to enjoy it for what it is.
I want to sleep...
Jul 26, 2021 9:05 AM
Sep 2017
Cleome said:
@AnimeWatcherMan

Honestly, I don't know the exact meaning behind this film. What I do know is that when I saw it it made me think of dreaming and made me feel relaxed. The rabbits were trying to help the dolphin sleep even in a world of chaos and cacophony.

If you were to read the synopsis it makes more sense: "Increasing in its number, small rabbits take care of a great dolphin. Can the dolphin get to sleep by rabbits' gentle caress? May many people have good sleep and sweet dreams tonight even in the world with whining sounds and wriggle of yin and yang."

On the other hand, sometimes things don't have to have a meaning behind them. So try to enjoy it for what it is.

Personally I'm really bad at interpreting these artsy/experimental films, so I just like hearing about how others interpret them.
May 2, 2023 6:19 AM

Jan 2016
I feel like she was inspired by watching random microscopic life just moving around on a stage clip

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.