Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 728 Discussion


#1
Jan 30, 2016 7:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12688
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty decent episode. Action was cool but it felt too dragged out at some points. I suppose that's just One Piece being One Piece.

Dat grin at the end! Hype!

Poor Luffy is doomed at this point. Let's see who is going to save him from Doffy and Jesus.
 
#2
Jan 30, 2016 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 467
The countdown to planet namek's destruction begins next week!
 
#3
Jan 30, 2016 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
uuuurggggggg I hate Doflamingo SOOOO MUUUCH!!!!
I have faith in Sabo
 
#4
Jan 30, 2016 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 309
Such a solid episode!
 
#5
Jan 30, 2016 7:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 484
ninkendo said:
The countdown to planet namek's destruction begins next week!

:3
That stalemate time was so bloody boring, but thank you Law.
Kana-sc said:
uuuurggggggg I hate Doflamingo SOOOO MUUUCH!!!!
I have faith in Sabo

same. I'm just scared since though Doffy shouldn't be much of a problem now, Jesus on the other hand.
 
#6
Jan 30, 2016 8:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
DTUB said:

same. I'm just scared since though Doffy shouldn't be much of a problem now, Jesus on the other hand.


Mmm... I think that Jesus will be defeated veeeery easily, i'm more scared abaout Mingo... what the hell, he is inmortal???
(And just in case, i have not read the manga)
 
#7
Jan 30, 2016 8:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2393
Can't wait for Sabo next episode
 
#8
Jan 30, 2016 9:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 240
The animation was great imo.Even if people dont like and troll toei, I think One piece has better animation than other long running shounens like naruto and Ft
 
#9
Jan 30, 2016 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1326
Very solid episode. Loved the new soundtrack too.
 
Jan 30, 2016 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22642
The buildings and dressrosa villagers were great, alot of emotion put into the citizens, this is what one piece is all about.

The soundtrack was alright.
 
Jan 30, 2016 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 6008
I loved the OST that played during Luffy's Leo Bazooka, Is it new?:o Don't think I've heard it before.

The fight was really cool, I love how Luffy dodges in Gear 4.

Such ungrateful people :P , Not trusting StrawHat after he fought so hard for them xD

Really nice episode, The Doffy grin at the end. More Hype!!
Sabo next episode :DDD
 
Jan 30, 2016 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 274
The first half was super cool, The second half except for Burgess coming in, Koala talking, Doffy's smirk... sucked. Specially the interview Luffy had with the civilians of Dressrosa :D Loved it lol
But the Head attack and Leo Bazooka... Good shit right there.
Thinking.....
 
Jan 30, 2016 10:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 274
Lelouch0202 said:
I loved the OST that played during Luffy's Leo Bazooka, Is it new?:o Don't think I've heard it before.

The fight was really cool, I love how Luffy dodges in Gear 4.

Such ungrateful people :P , Not trusting StrawHat after he fought so hard for them xD

Really nice episode, The Doffy grin at the end. More Hype!!
Sabo next episode :DDD


Yup, I'd prefer if they use the kick from Sabo Special. lol
Thinking.....
 
Jan 30, 2016 11:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 115
i'm not sure if Doffy too strong or luffy just Pathetic?
 
Jan 30, 2016 11:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 316
How come Luffy is much more beaten up compared to Mingo? Then, what was the all that fight for? This is really stupid. I understand that they want to prolong the fight, but this is a wrong way of doing this.
 
Jan 31, 2016 12:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 80
Lol everyone hates Doffy so much i kinda hope he lives after this arc and appear more in future his one of my favorite characters :}
 
Jan 31, 2016 12:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 377
Fufufufufufu!~

Dat ost tho.
 
Jan 31, 2016 1:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8
Albi-kun said:
Very solid episode. Loved the new soundtrack too.


Lelouch0202 said:
I loved the OST that played during Luffy's Leo Bazooka, Is it new?:o Don't think I've heard it before.


Actually it's quite old OST. I think it was used for the first time when Luffy kicked Hody in Fishman Island Arc.
 
Jan 31, 2016 1:39 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Why does luffy got his sandals if he throw them away before using gear4??
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.''
 
Jan 31, 2016 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 8662
Damn it now we enter another part of the arc I hated, the drag out.
 
Jan 31, 2016 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 197
milkydean said:
The animation was great imo.Even if people dont like and troll toei, I think One piece has better animation than other long running shounens like naruto and Ft


Naotoshi Shida and the other animator did a great job for a fight that long,when you see One Punch Man 30 secs of fight for a decent animation and everybody think its amazing that's pretty sad....
Deep dark fantasies
 
Jan 31, 2016 2:31 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 173
luffy would of already won if he used ssj...
 
Jan 31, 2016 3:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 659
That episode was really cool man
 
Jan 31, 2016 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 6008
serekenha said:

Lelouch0202 said:
I loved the OST that played during Luffy's Leo Bazooka, Is it new?:o Don't think I've heard it before.


Actually it's quite old OST. I think it was used for the first time when Luffy kicked Hody in Fishman Island Arc.


Yeah I just checked, They're pretty much the same, I'm guessing the soundtrack in this episode was an extended version with a chorus.

stickermans50 said:

Yup, I'd prefer if they use the kick from Sabo Special. lol


As long as it looks cool xD
 
Jan 31, 2016 4:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2407
Pretty awesome episode. Looking forward to the next week!
 
Jan 31, 2016 4:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 616
That was a decent episode.
Mainly because I saw Luffy back to it's normal form :p
Luffy seems almost dead while Mingo still has the power to act as if it didn't even hurt.

And then comes that Jessus guy, to remind me of how much I hate blackbeard and his crew.
I hope Sabo gets a decent fight with Jesus.

Looking from the PV, there will be more running away, finger crossed they don't drag it for another 5 episodes.


serekenha said:
Albi-kun said:
Very solid episode. Loved the new soundtrack too.


Lelouch0202 said:
I loved the OST that played during Luffy's Leo Bazooka, Is it new?:o Don't think I've heard it before.


Actually it's quite old OST. I think it was used for the first time when Luffy kicked Hody in Fishman Island Arc.

Same, really enjoyed the OST. I didn't notice it in Fisherman Arc
 
Jan 31, 2016 5:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 205
Darknight_360 said:
Why does luffy got his sandals if he throw them away before using gear4??
Nice detective work!
 
Jan 31, 2016 5:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 639
clin7eas7wood said:
Lol everyone hates Doffy so much i kinda hope he lives after this arc and appear more in future his one of my favorite characters :}


Bad character in One piece never die
 
Jan 31, 2016 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 140
Is it just me or was the animation kinda awesome?
 
Jan 31, 2016 6:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 274
ropiel said:

Naotoshi Shida and the other animator did a great job for a fight that long,when you see One Punch Man 30 secs of fight for a decent animation and everybody think its amazing that's pretty sad....


I wonder if Toei will ever learn to use Shida perfectly. Like Sanji vs. Doffy clash really should've been handled by him. ;-;

Lelouch0202 said:


stickermans50 said:

Yup, I'd prefer if they use the kick from Sabo Special. lol


As long as it looks cool xD


Agreed. Shida-san, get to work for that Sabo greatness. Pwease +_+
Thinking.....
 
Jan 31, 2016 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 274
Pangeaa said:
Is it just me or was the animation kinda awesome?


Not really awesome lol but it was good :D can't wait for THAT to be animated.
Thinking.....
 
Jan 31, 2016 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12117
ok so doffy really looks immortal. Let's see how long will they stretch the fight
 
Jan 31, 2016 7:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 7574
wow.. the opening song, the previous episode recap and all that nonsense, took 7 freaking minutes. It usually only takes 5 minutes which is still a whole lot of time.

How long will this fight last? How long can Doflamingo withstand Luffy's attacks? Seriously just die already man. They're already cutting large chunks of time every episode so I'd be very happy if we could just move on to the next arc.
 
Jan 31, 2016 8:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 340
Really enjoyed this episode, even though the second half pacing felt dragged out. The action sequence in the first half was great, and that smile at the end. THE HYPE!!
Can't wait till Sabo vs Burgess.

 
Jan 31, 2016 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1154
Finally a good ep.

Enjoyed the first half.

Second half was still dragged out.

But overall it was a good ep.
 
Jan 31, 2016 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 545
ninkendo said:
The countdown to planet namek's destruction begins next week!


A good episode in long time.


Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
 
Jan 31, 2016 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 580
Glad that wasn't the end, it would've felt anticlimactic although Doflamingo smashed into the cliffside in the God Usopp pose was cool. I assume Doflamingo will be defeated when his glasses break.

Doffy's my favorite villain, I'm happy he's still around and will miss him when we move onto a new arc.

Really interesting that Burgess was apparently gifted the ability to steal devil fruit powers by Blackbeard. I wonder how that works.
 
Jan 31, 2016 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1058
croixgolden said:
i'm not sure if Doffy too strong or luffy just Pathetic?


doffy too strong

Teufel said:
Glad that wasn't the end, it would've felt anticlimactic although Doflamingo smashed into the cliffside in the God Usopp pose was cool. I assume Doflamingo will be defeated when his glasses break.

Doffy's my favorite villain, I'm happy he's still around and will miss him when we move onto a new arc.

Really interesting that Burgess was apparently gifted the ability to steal devil fruit powers by Blackbeard. I wonder how that works.


how can people be gifted power to steal devil fruits its a bit OP and stupid honestly


People rating this 1/5 should just drop the anime already or will they continue to try about how slow it is until the anime ends , the anime wont get faster id rather have people dropping the anime over crying about how dragged out and slow it is
 
Jan 31, 2016 10:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1058
AhmedHan said:
How come Luffy is much more beaten up compared to Mingo? Then, what was the all that fight for? This is really stupid. I understand that they want to prolong the fight, but this is a wrong way of doing this.


the manga is similar to this.. they make scenes dragged out they dont just prolong the fights by adding and removing parts
 
Jan 31, 2016 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3462
Doflamingo's smile at the end tho :X
 
Jan 31, 2016 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 12875
Doflamingo and his awakening powers just is abnormal, what can luffy do with his rubber fruit? We don't know yet but hopefully it's gear 5 or something xD
All credit goes to Sacred.
 
Jan 31, 2016 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8562
Doffy is still alive 0___0
 
Jan 31, 2016 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2917
Teufel said:


Really interesting that Burgess was apparently gifted the ability to steal devil fruit powers by Blackbeard. I wonder how that works.


No, Burgess said that he would kill Luffy and then take the Gum-Gum fruit. I guess that Burgess has another non-devil fruit with him that will change into the Gum-Gum once Luffy dies.
 
Jan 31, 2016 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2917
Doffy is quite the monster - particularly since he can use strings to tie his muscles and guts back together inside of him. There doesn't seem to be any limit to how much of the city he can turn to string. But what happened to the buildings that were turned to string after the strings were beaten by Luffy?
 
Jan 31, 2016 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
The faces of everyone when Luffy used Leo Bazooka... "Priceless"
 
Jan 31, 2016 10:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 620
Pretty predictable.

Of course Doflamingo was sitting there healing the entire time while Luffy and the fodder were prematurely celebrating. He should have just snapped his neck while he had the chance :/.

WolfWood37 said:
Damn it now we enter another part of the arc I hated, the drag out.


That's pretty much what this entire arcs been...
 
Feb 1, 2016 3:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 8662
Shape430 said:
Pretty predictable.

Of course Doflamingo was sitting there healing the entire time while Luffy and the fodder were prematurely celebrating. He should have just snapped his neck while he had the chance :/.

WolfWood37 said:
Damn it now we enter another part of the arc I hated, the drag out.


That's pretty much what this entire arcs been...


Sorry what i mean is that even in the manga this next part was dragged out.
 
Feb 1, 2016 3:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 620
WolfWood37 said:
Shape430 said:
Pretty predictable.

Of course Doflamingo was sitting there healing the entire time while Luffy and the fodder were prematurely celebrating. He should have just snapped his neck while he had the chance :/.



That's pretty much what this entire arcs been...


Sorry what i mean is that even in the manga this next part was dragged out.


Yeah, I'm aware of what you actually meant lol. I was just making a bad joke =p.
 
Feb 1, 2016 3:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 8662
Shape430 said:
WolfWood37 said:


Sorry what i mean is that even in the manga this next part was dragged out.


Yeah, I'm aware of what you actually meant lol. I was just making a bad joke =p.


Well as long as we are on the same page then cool.
 
Feb 1, 2016 8:05 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 33
WolfWood37 said:
Shape430 said:


Yeah, I'm aware of what you actually meant lol. I was just making a bad joke =p.


Well as long as we are on the same page then cool.


You are actually both on page 1 haha (/joke)
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »