New
Would you recommend SAO to someone?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 11, 2016 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
JasonSkywalker said:
Chiibi said:

LOL

No, it did not. Your so-called "dialogue excerpts" are inaccurate and stupid. It's clear you're so biased towards the show that you wouldn't even acknowledge if someone made a point about it. You're so determined to hate it so debating with you further would just be a waste of time.

First of all, an argument cannot merely consist of “it’s wrong because reasons” This entire post of yours is nothing more than an arrogant excuse to try and make me look stupid because reasons. You didn’t say a damn solid thing here at all.

Every single thing you “argue can be summed up in a series of short paraphrases, like “You don’t have to give exposition to everything” or “I love suspension of disbelief” or “the novels said something else, therefore you are wrong”[/b] or ”quit nitpicking” or ” Despite all those holes, I think it’s consistent” your so called “proofs” exist only within the confines of the Matrix. I’m honestly shocked to meet you. I’ve talked to MANY SAO fans before, but you are by far the most bias, denial, arrogant, handwaving sheep, to comfortable riding Kawahara’s dick to bother looking behind him to see all the shit coming out of his ass and onto this Godawful excuse for a story. But if that wasn’t bad enough, you have the nerve to hide behind stupid insults in order to make yourself feel better, as 
though that somehow makes you right.

You are proof that this anime never should have been made.

Chiibi said:

Well, you ARE acting like one just because someone doesn't agree with you.......so the one who needs to grow up is you.

Since when?! Then only thi9ng I did was tell you you’re wrong, YOU’RE the only one acting like a child because I say it. Every time I make an argument about something logic, you get butthurt and put yourself on the “I’m an adult and you’re just a dumb kid” pedestal to make yourself look like the one in 
the right.

And moreover, I’d like to point out that I didn’t insult you, not once, but I’m really itching to do so right about now. So again, grow up.

Oy veey. Shut up already! You just don't know when to quit, do you? Go play with Lap1. He has more patience for you than I do.
ChiibiSep 11, 2016 9:12 AM

Sep 11, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
@Chiibi What patience? That's a joke if I've ever hward one.
Sep 11, 2016 8:34 PM

Nov 2008
JasonSkywalker said:
@Chiibi What patience? That's a joke if I've ever hward one.

Oh I think I was VERY patient with your immaturity and vulgar ways of expressing yourself, considering my first reply to you was August 29 and there were about SIX more replies to you after that.....if not more.

But even I have my limits.

Sep 11, 2016 8:43 PM

Jul 2015
@Chiibi So your entire argument is that I have been immature because I made a lot of replies? You do realize that through all of those replies you were the only one who insulted me, that shows your maturity of anything elses, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I may have disagreed with you, but I never lashlashet over it. Even if you thought something I said was stupid I still didn't act immature.
Hango-ManSep 11, 2016 8:48 PM
Sep 24, 2016 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
If this question is still relevant to anyone. They yes. I binge watched it in the last 3 days and I really really liked it.
Animation, OST and voice acting are godlike. Now already 4 years later (thats 16 seasons if you count them ^^) only few shows have this quality.
Yes, the ALO part was way worse then the SAO part.

The only reason I wouldnt recommend this is if you hate any kind of romance.

Really. If you dont like romance, dont watch it. If you dont like good animation, dont watch it. If you dont like good OST, dont watch it. If you cant stand good voice acting, dont watch it.
Also, if you only have time to watch one show in the future (for whatever reasons) there are better ones.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 28, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2015
i'm only on episode 8 at the moment but i'm liking it so far, so yeah probably.
Sep 30, 2016 1:44 AM

Apr 2014
Maybe my worst enemy maybe, I wouldn't want my friends to get cancer.
Sep 30, 2016 1:52 AM

Jul 2016
depends upon the person if he/she is into games
Sep 30, 2016 2:05 AM

Jun 2016
I am now trying to watch the whole series and I'm now on episode 4-5. The first 3 episodes may be the only good episodes as I feel that the show is started to progressively go downhill.
Oct 1, 2016 5:35 AM

Feb 2015
It's a good anime to look back to after awhile of anime watching and to realize "wow this anime I watched and thought was awesome is... actually fucking shit?"

Oct 12, 2016 9:47 PM

Dec 2007
Maybe first half of the first season... Just maybe. No need to torture anyone further.
Oct 12, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2015
Cyamone said:
Maybe first half of the first season... Just maybe. No need to torture anyone further.

Thats exactly where i dropped it lol.
Oct 13, 2016 9:00 AM

Jul 2015
I did recommend it already, to my brother.
He rated it 9/10.
So yeah, I'd recommend it again anytime!
Oct 18, 2016 9:41 AM

Aug 2011
Seriously, no. It's been a while since it aired and due to the enourmous bizarre fanbase it had during that time, i've waited a while to watch it. Don't get me wrong, there are some great animes fitting this scenario, but so far it's has been very hard to watch it (at least for me). I've been literaly forcing this one to finish it. It is one of the most generical, predictable shows i've watched. The story has gigantic plot holes and character development is abysmal. Made it to episode 9, let's hope it changes my opinion in the end.
Oct 20, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2016
I would recommend anyone this, if they're a fan of the genre, hate the genre, new to anime and watched anime or a while. SAO was my 7th anime, since i remember i watched it right after AOT, and FMA:B.
Hello.
Oct 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Mar 2016
Nope,nope,nope,nope,nope.... The first couple episode was ok but good lord the story went for OP harem guy want to rescue his sexually abuse tsundere so that she can make food for him again.

I would recommend to someone if I want to troll them but then again, I must be evil to do that.
Dec 1, 2016 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
Yes, to anyone who likes online games, lots of fan-service and occassional crazy sword fights, i guess.

Follow Tsumi Yo manga project on

Patreon
Facebook
Twitter
DeviantArt
Dec 10, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2016
Yes, and I already have. But... my friends don't watch anime :/
Jun 19, 2017 9:47 AM
May 2017
I would recommend watching up to halfway through the series. It was awesome up till the half way point, then it just became a bit ridiculous imo they should have just extended the first half of the season and ended it there, there was no real reason for the second half to need to happen and it was infinitely worse.
Jun 20, 2017 2:24 AM
Jun 2017
sao is the best mmo anime ever n best character that makes u all feel awesome.Season 3 plz...wkwkwkwkkw
Jul 10, 2017 12:40 AM
Jun 2017
Let's be honest, weebs only hate sao because it's so popular apparently its "cool" to do so, they cant help but try to point out what they think is superior...

I stated watching it in 2012 but dropped it because of the overwhelming amount of hate it received, finally finished it in 2017 and have no clue as to what anyone was bitching about.

People over hype 90s anime like samurai champloo and cowboy bebop all the time... fucking fu say sunflower samurai like 2-3 times an ep... now that's shit writing, however that doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable.
kinda_oHgeeJul 18, 2017 8:51 PM
Jul 10, 2017 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
well, i just marathoned both seasons within 24 hours. the hate is justified, the large fan base is also fair. my full opinion of sao:

season 1-
i don't know what the fuck was up with the beginning. the pacing was garbage, with ridiculous time skips and awkward transitions. then once asuna comes in, it gets better. i actually liked the overbearing romance, asuna and kirito are good together. then SAO arc ended out of the blue, dumping you a 'wait what' moment before you're shoved into fairy world with dorky ass ears and a link-wannabe. suguha was annoying as shit, but i pulled through for asuna & it ended ok. gave it 7/10 just because i really like asuna, and how the romance subplot worked out. otherwise, that crappy pacing and lazy story line? 3/10.

the mmo aspect was a good premise and it does bring strong nostalgia for gamers. it just did not use that potential to its fullest. and kirito's ok. i like that he's ridiculously op bc at least that makes up for something in those self-inserts with worthless guys. & no shade, but he really does remind me of real life op gamers. bland personality & would do anything for a pretty girl. . ANYWAYS, yeah, i'd rec season 1 as a 6/10 anime that you can watch when you're bored.

season 2-
lmao did not like ggo or excalibur arc. they were just side hoes & harem. imagine how much better it would've been if asuna or klein transferred with kirito, and sinon was an independent character instead of a +1 in kirito's harem. pacing was a LOT better, and the way the show just carried itself improved. but bc kirito's side hoes annoyed me so much, i just fast forwarded until mother rosario arc. it redeemed the entire season, & y'all know what i'm talking about. so yeah, 7/10 for season 2 (but i lowered it to 5/10 on my rating bc again, can't stand the harem). i wouldn't rec this though. like if you wanna watch it for the mmo genre, then season 1 would've been enough. s2 isn't that special, and there's better things to watch with your time, like akame ga kill. it's my fav harem anime (-:

conclusion:
i'd rec season 1 only, just so they can experience what sao is like & judge it for themselves. i'm curious of their reaction too. some of my friends have already seen sao. 3 of them dropped it by midway, 1 watched it and is whatever w/ it, & 2 are big fans of it. surprisingly, the droppers are all guys and the fans are both girls. they both did it for asuna too lmao.
sutoriJul 10, 2017 5:56 AM
Jul 10, 2017 5:57 AM

Feb 2015
I would only recommend it to someone who likes something similar to SAO or hasn't watched anime. It was my first anime,that got me into anime culture. Season 1 anyways. Season 2 was just dull,..
Jul 10, 2017 4:46 PM

Aug 2016
I would not recommend this show at all if they care about story and/or characters. The background art is fantastic, soundtrack is good, female character designs are great, and there were some good action scenes...but the rest were terrible and cringy.

If they're fine with prepping themselves in potentially watching something subpar or below, only care about the benefits I pointed out, and/or like MMO games, then I might be more inclined but I would recommend Log Horizon (S1 only) first before recommending SAO.
Jul 12, 2017 6:16 PM
Oct 2016
With what little I saw I can say that it is a quality anime and even for those who are accustomed to other themes it might not disappoint, of course some will like it more than others.

Regardless of what the story unfolds, I believe that the anime will continue to be to my liking, for the quality.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

59 by SaveStyle »»
4 hours ago

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

67 by TwigzLIVE »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.