Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 11, 2016 7:51 PM

Jan 2015
Clebardman said:
Skeleturtle said:
Hideaki Anno will save Japanese cinema this year with Godzilla Resurgence.

Damn I came here just to post that. +1
my concern is, anno shared director chair with shinji higuchi.. though i hope it's reallywork well, as long as that guy shinji stick with his special effect stuff
karambiaApr 11, 2016 8:22 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Apr 11, 2016 9:14 PM

Mar 2016
tsudecimo said:
Why are you judging it based on manga adaptations?

Try confessions and Cold fish.

Cold Fish is awesome

I'm a big fan of Sion Sono's work - even if it's poorly reviewed, I've enjoyed all of his films to at least some degree
Apr 11, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2010
Thousand-Eyes said:

I don't know why I got quoted or if it was by accident since I wasn't replying to you. I merely said that aside from a handful of classics and modern flicks (that just about everyone has heard of), I don't care much about Japanese movies to stress production values. As far as accessibility is concerned, it really depends where you live in the US. I live in Canada and I've been able to find all of the Japanese movies that I've listed at local stores here (and a lot on iTunes), but I haven't been able to find any Korean movies aside from popular ones such as Old Boy or The Good, The Bad, The Weird or The Host or New World or Jeon Woo-chi (of course, a lot of these are also on iTunes).

No I directly quoted you intentionally. Well I don't know how it is for you in Canada. But for me, I have great accessibility when it comes to Korean films. Japanese films on the other hand is another issue. As I said, in the US we get more Korean films online then Japanese films. So it's very unfortunate for me.
Apr 12, 2016 1:25 AM
Mar 2008
For anyone that says that there are NO (very) good japanese movies, they never watched the original "Makai Tenshou", "Rashomon" or the legendary "Zatoichi".
For those who claim that Japan does do (very) good movies nowadays, they never saw "Alien vs Ninja", "Dreams for Sale", "Dragon Head" or "Like a Dragon".

The way i see it, is that Japanese, Corean and HK/Chinese Movies tend to have their specific strenghts, based on what i saw over the years (around 10 years now) only watching asian movies.
Japan - Tend to have their strenghts more in Horror and B-Movies
S. Corea - Tend to have a big strenght in Thriller and Psychological
China/HK - Tend to have their strenght in Action

It doesnt mean that Japan cant make damn good Action movies, it doesnt mean that Chinese/HK cant make damn good Horror Movies or S. Corea cant make good B-Movies.....or any other variety. In fact, they can. But as far as i see it, they have their strenghts and therefore tend to do a better job on that.
May 24, 2016 8:54 AM

Jan 2010
There is one thing I notice about Japan that they never do: I never seen Japanese film industry pandering to China like Hollywood are doing.

China is the 2nd largest market in the world, and Japan is the 4th largest market, I mean wouldn't it make sense for Japanese film industry to cater/pander to the Chinese audiences? I mean for the last few years, Hollywood has been pandering to China. Hollywood is not alone, other big movie studio in other part of the world has also been eyeing the Chinese market for a while like South Korea for example:

Variety: Mutual Benefits Propel Korean-Chinese Co-Productions

Chinese Money Coming to Korea in Droves

Even India's Bollywood even knows the potential in the Chinese market:

Source 1

Source 2

Even European film studio have expressed interest into using the Chinese market:

Sino-European Production Seminar 2016: "Understanding the Chinese Market"

An optimistic outlook for Chinese-European co-productions at Berlin

So here's my other question relating to this and regarding Japan reluctant to export their films to other market is: Why hasn't the Japanese film industry pander to China and the Chinese audiences, despite Hollywood, South Korea, Bollywood, and Europe acknowledge the potential in the Chinese market?
Jun 6, 2016 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Quick question for the people here. What are some good 2000's and 2010's non horror, non manga adaption live action Japanese movies? I know about the Kurosawa movies and plan to watch them sometime but I'm looking for more modern Japanese movies. For genres I'm looking for mystery thriller or action with crime drama or historical with samurais or sci fi. I'm asking here instead of making a new thread because this thread is already focusing on Japanese movies.
All About Lily-Chou-Chou, a 2001 drama film directed by Shunji Iwai. He's done some anime work too.
Aug 11, 2016 6:30 PM

Sep 2009
They've been shit for so long, that the actors and writers probably no longer have the ability to make a non-shit movie.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 12, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2016
the only japanese film you ever need to watch is LOVE EXPOSURE by sion sono. one of the greatest films of all time, with a whopping (almost) 4 hours of batshit insanity
Aug 12, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
MortalMelancholy said:
They've been shit for so long, that the actors and writers probably no longer have the ability to make a non-shit movie.

That's what it looks like. mdo7 ITT has been really good source of surprising insights. Read his posts.

hellokitty61 said:
the only japanese film you ever need to watch is LOVE EXPOSURE by sion sono. one of the greatest films of all time, with a whopping (almost) 4 hours of batshit insanity

Can you expand a bit before I waste 4h of my life holy shit lol :D
Aug 12, 2016 3:16 PM

Sep 2009
hellokitty61 said:

If you watch Yakuza Apocalypse (2015), I'll watch Love Exposure, and then we can compare notes <.<
Aug 14, 2016 8:06 AM

Jan 2010
MortalMelancholy said:

dariken said:

That's what it looks like. mdo7 ITT has been really good source of surprising insights. Read his posts.

I also want to add this article and it's from Otaku USA magazine:

”Why Are Recent Japanese Films So Bad?” Asks Japanese Twitter
Aug 14, 2016 9:52 PM

Jan 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
hellokitty61 said:

If you watch Yakuza Apocalypse (2015), I'll watch Love Exposure, and then we can compare notes <.<
lol, yakuza apocalypse is one if not the shittiest miike ever pull. wonder if it kind a homage to those jap b-movie or v-cinema

Aug 15, 2016 6:35 AM

Sep 2009
katiak_Ula said:
MortalMelancholy said:

lol, yakuza apocalypse is one if not the shittiest miike ever pull. wonder if it kind a homage to those jap b-movie or v-cinema

Lol what do you mean by that? I never managed to watch the whole thing, but the parts I saw were the most wtf I've seen, possiby moreso than dead leaves or flcl.
Aug 15, 2016 7:27 AM

Jan 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
katiak_Ula said:

Lol what do you mean by that? I never managed to watch the whole thing, but the parts I saw were the most wtf I've seen, possiby moreso than dead leaves or flcl.
the guy takashi miike could make acclaimed well done movies, but he's also not bother to pull out "non-sense"~shit movie like yakuza apocalypse xD. The nature of story, character and some movie posters(look like b movie) at the climax part make me wonder if it done purposely by that term.

So which one is wtf moment?? Lol, can u spoiler it?

Aug 15, 2016 8:22 AM
May 2009
I would suggest not watching the Anime adaptations.

Instead just look for something that is original or adapted from a different source.
Problem with anime adapts is the comparison of the movie and the anime.

And usually its just never as good as the anime.

I mean the last good movie from Japan I saw was the 13 Assassins, which was a nice blood fest of cruelty and just mass killing. With nice use of Location and nature. Some CGI. for the exploding bits. But overall pretty good.

Aug 15, 2016 8:35 AM

Sep 2009
katiak_Ula said:
MortalMelancholy said:

the guy takashi miike could make acclaimed well done movies, but he's also not bother to pull out "non-sense"~shit movie like yakuza apocalypse xD. The nature of story, character and some movie posters(look like b movie) at the climax part make me wonder if it done purposely by that term.

Just watch the trailer. It'll flash you some weird moments, but if you watch the movie, the actual full scenes become 10x more wtf.
Aug 15, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
katiak_Ula said:

Just watch the trailer. It'll flash you some weird moments, but if you watch the movie, the actual full scenes become 10x more wtf.
actually I already watched it.
That weird dude with weird costume ?? Or MC vs maddog which they exchange fist lol? Most wtf for me maybe was the yakuza lady with that ear problem, idk what to say xD

Aug 15, 2016 9:45 AM

Sep 2009
katiak_Ula said:
MortalMelancholy said:

That weird dude with weird costume ?? Or MC vs maddog which they exchange fist lol? Most wtf for me maybe was the yakuza lady with that ear problem, idk what to say xD

Weirdest scenes to me were probably the ones where the animal costumes blew people up in the weirdest ways. And the yakuza lady's weird hallucinations after she goes insane.
Aug 16, 2016 3:04 AM

Jan 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
katiak_Ula said:

Weirdest scenes to me were probably the ones where the animal costumes blew people up in the weirdest ways. And the yakuza lady's weird hallucinations after she goes insane.
lol, yeah, that frog dude just like out of nowhere exploding ppl xD
the plot itself I can't recall what it was all about, its so filled up with bizareness :v
karambiaAug 16, 2016 3:10 AM

Aug 16, 2016 5:46 AM

Sep 2009
katiak_Ula said:
MortalMelancholy said:

lol, yeah, that frog dude just like out of nowhere exploding ppl xD
the plot itself I can't recall what it was all about, its so filled up with bizareness :v

It seemed like a normal yakuza movie until like halfway through, where they introduced the animal costume people. Then everything got fked.
Aug 16, 2016 6:33 AM

Jan 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
It seemed like a normal yakuza movie until like halfway through, where they introduced the animal costume people. Then everything got fked.
lol, I dig it back to remember that costume named. it's kaeru-kun xD - they seems blending all of idea on their head, for whatever it is, that kappa
, mysterious coffin man, a kung fu Otaku, yakuza zombies, vampire, even poor made tokusatsu effect in the end, lol seems like they're made fun with it

oot, already seen ichi the killer? Its from the same man, I guarantee u with more wtf scenes :v
karambiaAug 16, 2016 6:37 AM

Aug 17, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2009
katiak_Ula said:
MortalMelancholy said:
lol, I dig it back to remember that costume named. it's kaeru-kun xD - they seems blending all of idea on their head, for whatever it is, that kappa
, mysterious coffin man, a kung fu Otaku, yakuza zombies, vampire, even poor made tokusatsu effect in the end, lol seems like they're made fun with it

oot, already seen ichi the killer? Its from the same man, I guarantee u with more wtf scenes :v

Nah, I don't really watch movies at all (except Jackie Chan). One of my friends just really likes Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) movies, so I end up watching a bit because of him.
Aug 25, 2016 2:40 PM

Apr 2016
dariken said:

Can you expand a bit before I waste 4h of my life holy shit lol :D

i suggest you watch the trailer, it's impossible for one to fully explain how and why it's good without revealing the entire plot
Jun 7, 2017 9:25 PM
Jun 2017
This is a bit of an old post, but I think that contemporary Japanese cinema has a lot to offer if you're interested in movies with some depth and social conscience. Certainly, it's fair to say that there is more quick cash trash than quality, but I'd recommend that you check out this list for a guide to some heartfelt Japanese cinema... https://mubi.com/lists/contemporary-japanese-cinema

In my opinion, China and Korea are making some great movies, even beyond the Hollywood'esque, but I don't think that Japan is lagging.
Jun 8, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2017
Just calling it as I see it. OP's opinions are a huge generalization.
Jun 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2010
sambosonoframbo said:
This is a bit of an old post, but I think that contemporary Japanese cinema has a lot to offer if you're interested in movies with some depth and social conscience. Certainly, it's fair to say that there is more quick cash trash than quality, but I'd recommend that you check out this list for a guide to some heartfelt Japanese cinema... https://mubi.com/lists/contemporary-japanese-cinema

JackieChanFan said:

Problem is that Japanese films has accessibility with international audiences outside of Japan. Also same problem for J-dramas/Japanese TV dramas.
Jul 1, 2017 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
JackieChanFan said:

Drop me a message once a single Japanese movie receives these three things: critical acclaim, word-wide audience and wide-spread distribution. Until then my generalization is perferctly correct.
Jul 1, 2017 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
dariken said:
Drop me a message once a single Japanese movie receives these three things: critical acclaim, word-wide audience and wide-spread distribution. Until then my generalization is perferctly correct.
Hitler was also praised world wide (or at least in the West) once upon a time.

Are you saying that Hitler was a good guy just because he was viewed in a positive light during a certain period of time?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 2, 2017 4:17 AM
Mar 2016
i dont think hollywood has made any good movies in a while either lol, at least in my opinion
Jul 2, 2017 6:18 AM

Nov 2016
op is basically saying: japanese cinema suck because i watched a low budget ero/pinku movie with a jav actress as the lead that sucked

but i kinda agree, japanese films are not as good as before, takashi miike (ichi the killer) makes unwatchable crap like 'as the gods will' or 'terra formars', sion sono (love exposure, himizu) is still making 'artistic' movies about panties (tokyo tribe was decent tho), 'confessions' director's latest movie was that nonsensical rape fest the world of kanako and these are some of their best directors

china's cinema is all about that all style and no substance action flicks that hollywood used to love so they aren't any better

korean cinema is far superior with great recent movies like: the admiral, train to busan, kundo, assassination, the divine move, miracle in cell no. 7, the handmaiden, snowpiercer, the suspect, veteran, a hard day and the list goes on...

i mean japan's cinema was once known for its great horror movies now we have korean horror movies like 'the wailing' which is miles better than the endless sadako kayako masako movies that japan pumps out
Jul 2, 2017 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
Comic_Sans said:
dariken said:

Are you saying that Hitler was a good guy just because he was viewed in a positive light during a certain period of time?

This post is so dumb it doesn't deserve reply beyond this just to highlight how dumb it is.
Jul 2, 2017 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
Seriously, nobody mention Okuribito (Departures) by Yojiro Takita??? Or Aruitemo, Aruitemo (Still Walking) by Hirokazu Koreeda? Or Tokyo Sonata by Kiyoshi Kurosawa?
Maybe you should watch japanese movies before asking xD
Jul 2, 2017 12:22 PM

Nov 2008
dariken said:
Then I look at modern Korean and Chinese movies, they are vastly superior to anything Japan seems to get out.
I don't think Korean cinema is that good either. Too much revenge and ultra gruesome violence. They're the edgelords of cinema.

Jul 2, 2017 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
dariken said:
This post is so dumb it doesn't deserve reply beyond this just to highlight how dumb it is.
Elaborate. There was nothing wrong with my post
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 11, 2017 10:21 AM

Jan 2010
Ezekiel said:
dariken said:
Then I look at modern Korean and Chinese movies, they are vastly superior to anything Japan seems to get out.
I don't think Korean cinema is that good either. Too much revenge and ultra gruesome violence. They're the edgelords of cinema.

Uh, Korean cinema has been diversifying for quite a while now like for example, take Battleship Island:

And Train to Busan:

Don't tell me you haven't watch these films?

zaso said:

i mean japan's cinema was once known for its great horror movies now we have korean horror movies like 'the wailing' which is miles better than the endless sadako kayako masako movies that japan pumps out

Another problem is that Japan's movie industries is not pandering to China in the same manner that South Korea, Hollywood, and Bollywood are doing.

Comic_Sans said:
dariken said:

Comic_Sans said:
dariken said:
Elaborate. There was nothing wrong with my post

The problem is your post about Hitler is off topic and I don't understand how this is relevent to Japanese films. The fact that Japanese film today can't hold candle to what's coming out in China and South Korea is one issue. Also I don't see Japanese films pandering to the Chinese market in the same manner that Hollywood is doing.
Jul 11, 2017 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
mdo7 said:
The problem is your post about Hitler is off topic and I don't understand how this is relevent to Japanese films. The fact that Japanese film today can't hold candle to what's coming out in China and South Korea is one issue. Also I don't see Japanese films pandering to the Chinese market in the same manner that Hollywood is doing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

Pandering to a specific market ≠ measurement of the level of quality
Nico- said:
Jul 11, 2017 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
mdo7 said:
Ezekiel said:

Uh, Korean cinema has been diversifying for quite a while now like for example, take Battleship Island:

And Train to Busan:

Don't tell me you haven't watch these films?
Train to Busan?

You can show me a few movies, but that doesn't make my statement any less true that Korean cinema has an overabundance of extreme violence and sadism.

Jul 11, 2017 12:42 PM

Jan 2010
Comic_Sans said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

Pandering to a specific market ≠ measurement of the level of quality

Then you should've stated that your statement about Hitler was a metaphor, but it wasn't a good metaphor. But whatever Japan's coming out with whatever film it produced, it's not good quality like compared to Chinese and South Korean films coming out these day. I mean a lot of the film being made in Japan today don't get international release.

I never said pandering to a specific market = the level of film quality. The fact that Japan's film industry doesn't pander to China in the same manner that Hollywood, Bollywood, and South Korea is doing it really bother me and may bother some people. China is the 2nd largest market, and Japan is 4th I believe, so it would've made sense for Japanese film industry to pander to China if they want to make more profit.

Ezekiel said:
Train to Busan?

You can show me a few movies, but that doesn't make my statement any less true that Korean cinema has an overabundance of extreme violence and sadism.

Have you watched these:

As I said, Korean films have been diversifying their genre. If you don't like the darkness and sadism in Korean films, why don't you try watching Korean TV dramas like for example Descendants of the Sun, or My love from the Star. Those TV dramas from Korea are different from Korean films.
Jul 11, 2017 5:09 PM

Jan 2015
Bup bup, both of you, wrong answer. Korean cinema already diverse enough -for it kind- since it breakthrough guys. It's just among the taste of ppl abroad that's seems saturated by edgelord park chan wook and "I saw the devil" kind o stuff, the only thing apparently frequent been listed and talk everywhere

Jul 12, 2017 11:53 AM

Jan 2010
karambia said:
Bup bup, both of you, wrong answer. Korean cinema already diverse enough -for it kind- since it breakthrough guys. It's just among the taste of ppl abroad that's seems saturated by edgelord park chan wook and "I saw the devil" kind o stuff, the only thing apparently frequent been listed and talk everywhere

Well fans of K-films and K-dramas are branching out to other genres in K-films. I'm sure that people watch Park-Chan Wook's films may have ended up watching K-dramas.
Jul 12, 2017 5:22 PM

Jan 2015
mdo7 said:
karambia said:

Well fans of K-films and K-dramas are branching out to other genres in K-films. I'm sure that people watch Park-Chan Wook's films may have ended up watching K-dramas.
bup bup, wrong deduction, try again.

Jul 12, 2017 5:25 PM

Jan 2010
karambia said:

Unless you have proof, I stick with my statement. How do you explain this:

15 popular Korean culture YouTubers visit S. Korea

Also K-pop fans tend to branch out to other Korean pop culture like K-films, and K-dramas.
Jul 12, 2017 5:30 PM

Jan 2015
mdo7 said:
karambia said:

Unless you have proof, I stick with my statement. How do you explain this:

15 popular Korean culture YouTubers visit S. Korea

Also K-pop fans tend to branch out to other Korean pop culture like K-films, and K-dramas.
bup bup you got wrong context there. We talk based ordinary movie fan or movie goers scope that's easily can found online. Not on k pop fans circle.

Jul 12, 2017 6:00 PM

Jan 2010
karambia said:
bup bup you got wrong context there. We talk based ordinary movie fan or movie goers scope that's easily can found online. Not on k pop fans circle.

Actually, that's hard to tell. It's possible one ordinary movie fan could stumble upon Korean film by accident or if that ordinary movie fan had happened to like that one certain Korean actors/actresses.

Let say for example, this one ordinary movie fan watched Sense8 on Netflix and fell in love with Bae Doona's acting and did some research and found out about her K-dramas and Korean film. How do you know the person that watch Sense8 may not end up watching her K-drama like Stranger or Gloria just because of Bae Doona's acting.

Also how many ordinary people that are fans of celebrities like Emma Stone, and other western artists are going to find out about K-pop because of this:

Yeah, it so easy for many ordinary Americans to become fans of Korean pop culture.
Jul 12, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 2015
mdo7 said:
karambia said:

Actually, that's hard to tell. It's possible one ordinary movie fan could stumble upon Korean film by accident or if that ordinary movie fan had happened to like that one certain Korean actors/actresses.

Let say for example, this one ordinary movie fan watched Sense8 on Netflix and fell in love with Bae Doona's acting and did some research and found out about her K-dramas and Korean film. How do you know the person that watch Sense8 may not end up watching her K-drama like Stranger or Gloria just because of Bae Doona's acting.
bup bup, that's more hard to tell, if you want to play that never end assumption -because there so much scenario we can think about- then good luck.
I never went into or meet cinephiles that treated park chan-wook like a god or just in awe by international cinema like korean, but also/then into k pop and stuff. The scope is too bigger -so then the possibility- to say them all may/may not will turn into koreaboo just because of that small chances of coincidence.

Jul 12, 2017 7:17 PM

Jan 2010
karambia said:
bup bup, that's more hard to tell, if you want to play that never end assumption -because there so much scenario we can think about- then good luck.
I never went into or meet cinephiles that treated park chan-wook like a god or just in awe by international cinema like korean, but also/then into k pop and stuff. The scope is too bigger -so then the possibility- to say them all may/may not will turn into koreaboo just because of that small chances of coincidence.

I never said they'll turn into Koreaboo, but there is a chance that this normal-looking casual person could turn out to be K-pop fans. Hell, you'll be surprised how many K-pop fans there could be in the US after this happened:

So in other word, there could be a lot of K-pop fans in the US. Even the one person that doesn't look like a K-pop fan could turn out to be a K-pop fan. So how are you so sure a casual person isn't secretly a fan of Korean film. Do you ask them?
Jul 12, 2017 8:13 PM

Jan 2015
mdo7 said:
karambia said:

I never said they'll turn into Koreaboo,
it's just the same. And no, don't get offended and defensive just because I being playful for use some term that sound derogatory by mean to be frankly.

but there is a chance that this normal-looking casual person could turn out to be K-pop fans.
lol, why shifted the subject to casual person?? How about "there is more, big chances that other normal-looking casual person won't turn out to be [insert any letter] pop fans"

Hell, you'll be surprised how many K-pop fans there could be in the US after this happened:
[yt]sXsH9PHSSQo[yt]
So in other word, there could be a lot of K-pop fans in the US. Even the one person that doesn't look like a K-pop fan could turn out to be a K-pop fan. So how are you so sure a casual person isn't secretly a fan of Korean film. Do you ask them?
you playin and branching your assumption - creating your own situation/premise and rethoric.

What if I said "so how are you sure a casual person is secretly a fan of korean film"
What if I said "so how are you sure a korean film fan isn't/is also a fan of korean drama?"
What if I said "so how are you sure [insert word] fan isn't/is also a fan of [insert another word]"
What if I said " I like movie especially, korean movie but I'm not into series, especially korean drama series"
What if I said "I like many korean movies, but I'm not fond other korean stuff"
What if I said "my friend like song kang ho, he dig the stuff, but he's only legit awesome in movies"
What if I said "many ppl only a causal normal person that like gangnam style from korean, and that's it"
What if I said "someone dig korean cinema because there many offer variety that has gut punching violence and sadism, something that hollywood mainstream lack, and that's it"
What if I said "I'm dig nigerian movies because nobody supposedly watch nollywood, I'm the only one!!!"
What if I said "what if I don't care other country pop culture"
What if I said "I or they don't watch movie with subtitles"
What if I said "what if what if what if.."
karambiaJul 12, 2017 8:24 PM

Jul 12, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 2010
karambia said:

lol, why shifted the subject to casual person??

Well you were the one that brought it up, did you forget you wrote this:

karambia said:
We talk based ordinary movie fan or movie goers scope that's easily can found online. Not on k pop fans circle.

You were the one that shift this conversation to casual viewers. Or do I have to translate everything in Indonesian to make it understandable for you.

karambia said:
you playin and branching your assumption - creating your own situation/premise and rethoric.

What if I said "so how are you sure a casual person is secretly a fan of korean film"
What if I said "so how are you sure a korean film fan isn't/is also a fan of korean drama?"
What if I said "so how are you sure [insert word] fan isn't/is also a fan of [insert another word]"
What if I said " I like movie especially, korean movie but I'm not into series, especially korean drama series"
What if I said "my friend like song kang ho, he dig the stuff, but he's only legit awesome in movies"
What if I said "many ppl only a causal normal person that like gangnam style from korean, and that's it"
What if I said "someone dig korean cinema because there many offer variety that has gut punching violence and sadism, something that hollywood mainstream lack, and that's it"
What if I said "I'm dig nigerian movies because nobody supposedly watch nollywood, I'm the only one!!!"

I'm going to say this: Anything's possible, what if I told you that pro-life progressive exist (and for the record, I'm one of them), or a gay muslim exist in this world. As I said, anything's possible.
mdo7Jul 12, 2017 9:34 PM
Jul 12, 2017 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Even anime has been on the decline, what makes people think their cinema would be doing any better?
Jul 12, 2017 10:07 PM

Jan 2015
mdo7 said:
karambia said:

lol, why shifted the subject to casual person??

Well you were the one that brought it up, did you forget you wrote this:
karambia said:
We talk based ordinary movie fan or movie goers scope that's easily can found online. Not on k pop fans circle.

You were the one that shift this conversation to casual viewers.
these casual viewers or "normies" =/= movie fan or movie goer or cinephiles
U're the one that assuming like that

Or do I have to translate everything in Indonesian to make it understandable for you.
ewh.. offensive

karambia said:

I'm going to say this: Anything's possible, what if I you told youme that pro-life progressive exist (and for the record, I'm one of them(and who fakin care)), or a gay muslim exist in this world. As I you said, anything's possible.
?? Who said that? Cmiiw lol

You're playin' by narrow perspective by relating all those stuff into koreaboo stuff. Like I said long above there will be endless assumption and possibilities we can build around these kind of thing. But move the scope into "movie fan" so you can see it in more wider, deeper, bigger picture and variety kind of ppl rather than relating it into solely on one [insert country] [insert medium] fetish
karambiaJul 12, 2017 10:13 PM

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7580 by 3miL »»
55 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3383 by 3miL »»
1 hour ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
6 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
8 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.