Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2016 3:38 AM

Aug 2014
ZingFreelancer said:
God damn it Nappa. The entire episode was tripping death flags like crazy, so the ending was not surprising. The last mystery that remains, is she dead or was she taken in by childcare organization.
I guess am banging my head against the wall until next Thursday.
Must.. Bang.
Not... Bang.
Read..... Bang.
Manga.... Bang bang bang.

Damn cliff hangers!
Haha, I feel the same. Must not read manga!! I'd say it's impossible that Hinazuki is dead because wouldn't Satoru go into another time warp if he failed? Since that hasn't happened I think Hina's still alive.

I'm guessing it's Hina's mom acting up again. To be honest I'm quite surprised she was so quiet for the past few days, letting Hina go to the Science centre and a birthday party as well.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Jan 30, 2016 4:14 AM

Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
Bibimbapski said:
Kayo's mom reminds me of a former classmate's mom who slapped another kid because she thought the kid was annoying or some shit. Didn't know the parents of the kid were rich and sued her grave injury. Beats the fuck out of me why some morons think they can put their hands on another person's kid.

Tho in this case the bitch is doing that to her own child

True but I think she also wanted to smack Satoru for interfering and talking back to her.
臭い-
Jan 30, 2016 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
So the past was changed since Hinazuki had previously disappeared in March 1st before her birthday. Did he fail nonetheless? I hope there's still a chance but the way he talked doesn't leave too much room for positiveness...maybe he will have to try it 3 or 4 more times before he's finally able to save her. Really hyped for the next episode!
Jan 30, 2016 4:31 AM

Apr 2008
StarlightEclipse said:
Haha, I feel the same. Must not read manga!! I'd say it's impossible that Hinazuki is dead because wouldn't Satoru go into another time warp if he failed? Since that hasn't happened I think Hina's still alive.

I'm guessing it's Hina's mom acting up again. To be honest I'm quite surprised she was so quiet for the past few days, letting Hina go to the Science centre and a birthday party as well.

I would've assumed that he rush over to her place and bang on the door until someone opens. Then he would've found out what happened to her. But it was intentionally left out in the anime with him commenting that she has not returned to school on the second day either.
Technically it is preferable that Hinazuki dissipaters from the plot, as he has to save 2 more girls in addition to her, so she would've become a liability in the long run. In addition there is the whole 18 years between his child self and his normal self which has to be taken into consideration. Will he be forced to live over his 18 years of life or be sent back to the future after he set achieved goals?
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jan 30, 2016 4:59 AM

May 2014
Tyestor said:

it's funny. all the suspects appear to have alibis. the teacher is marking tests, kenya is playing soccer, the mum is walking somewhere, the dad/mum's boyfriend is at a bar and yuuki appears to be at work. the most suspicious one is the mother IMO. anyway, either this is some A grade misdirection/red herring work or we've got another unknown player. i feel like he only managed to delay it by one day.

fuck, this show is such a nailbiter.

Werent they the alibis for 'X-Day' ? , considering the delay in the kidnapping on hinazuki (if that is the case), then we cant say anything about them having an alibi for that particular day, i guess. 'cuz it cud have been any1 of them.

Also, this could be weird, but since u mentioned 'misdirection', I am having this newly found feeling of doubt at Satoru's mother. After i went through all the posts for this episode, it is clear that we all were made to think Satoru's mother is admirable and virtuous, so it would be a great shock to have her as the perpetrator xD.
I know this sounds weird, but if they could sleekly pull that off, it'd be fucking hilarious and great.
Jan 30, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2013
Waiting again for episode 5. Hope happy ending
Jan 30, 2016 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
eshwar007 said:
Tyestor said:

it's funny. all the suspects appear to have alibis. the teacher is marking tests, kenya is playing soccer, the mum is walking somewhere, the dad/mum's boyfriend is at a bar and yuuki appears to be at work. the most suspicious one is the mother IMO. anyway, either this is some A grade misdirection/red herring work or we've got another unknown player. i feel like he only managed to delay it by one day.

fuck, this show is such a nailbiter.

Werent they the alibis for 'X-Day' ? , considering the delay in the kidnapping on hinazuki (if that is the case), then we cant say anything about them having an alibi for that particular day, i guess. 'cuz it cud have been any1 of them.

yeah, they were. but they were definitely shown for a reason (this show has a habit of doing that, if you look through past episodes).
Jan 30, 2016 5:41 AM
Dec 2009
ZingFreelancer said:
Technically it is preferable that Hinazuki dissipaters from the plot, as he has to save 2 more girls in addition to her, so she would've become a liability in the long run. In addition there is the whole 18 years between his child self and his normal self which has to be taken into consideration. Will he be forced to live over his 18 years of life or be sent back to the future after he set achieved goals?

Yeah I'm really curious about the other girls. I think we were shown one of them (Hiromi) talking to Satoru on the stairs at school, she invites him to walk home with her but he says no (episode 3).

Satoru has been super focused on Kayo, and I get that he is worried because she was the first one to be abducted and her family is abusive... but I wonder why he hasn't thought of the other girls yet. Also starting to worry that by saving some kids, others are going to get abducted.

Makes me wonder if maybe there is no "happy ending" and Satoru will have to pick which kids to save...
Jan 30, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2015
Just as I did a reaction/review for Musaigen no Phantom World I have decided to review my favorite show of this season and give my opinions about it so far.

Dont be mistaken I do have a fare amount of problems but first lets adress the good things about it so far.
The show's setting is great. I always like "snowy" settings, I live in the middle-east and we barley have snow here so you can say that I was destined to like the setting from the very beginning.
Another thing is the visuals. They're great, animation is fluid and consistent and many shots are beautiful to look at. The character designs are unic and there is good focus on the expressions of the characters.
The story is also quite intriguing, some may see it as fairly generic but the show has a good-enough pacing to compensate. I dont usually like mystery show in this medium but the show knows how to handle it's cards- when and how to reveal stuff.
The music is great with relaxing, somewhat melancholic tunes of piano and violin. The op is energetic to set you in the mood and the ed song is also really well done( I actually liked the ed more than the op, I'm even learning how to play it on the piano right now).

That's said, there are few flaws that quite bother me:
First(not much of a flaw but) - Where will the series go? The goal from the begining was shattered in this episode ( most probably ), so what now? Reset and try again? But that will suck because everything until now will become point-less...All the great moments will be repeated again and again...
I just really hope that the series will handle this well in the future...
Secondly- I was expecting Satoru to use more of his 28 years of life experience more but he was just acting like a middle schooler most of the time. I mean, he should be much smarter than most of the characters in the show but he doesn't act like it.
Also some of the events felt a bit too melodramatic at times. I have a hard time to believe that a girl in middleschool can do stuff like stealing money in order to frame you just because you were mean to her in the past. Middle-school kids aren't that evil or smart. Also some of the characters lack subtlety: giving Kayo's parents red eyes to show they are evil or show Kenya reading school-subject books at lunch because he is smart.
Jan 30, 2016 5:42 AM
Dec 2009
eshwar007 said:
Also, this could be weird, but since u mentioned 'misdirection', I am having this newly found feeling of doubt at Satoru's mother. After i went through all the posts for this episode, it is clear that we all were made to think Satoru's mother is admirable and virtuous, so it would be a great shock to have her as the perpetrator xD.
I know this sounds weird, but if they could sleekly pull that off, it'd be fucking hilarious and great.

Oh no, I would hate this! Loving Satoru's mom so far, she seems to be doing her best to be a loving mom in both the past and the future despite all the crazy circumstances. Her inner monologue in the first episode makes it sound like she believed the killed was Yuuki and went along with that instead of listening to Satoru though... so I doubt she's the killer...
Jan 30, 2016 5:47 AM
Dec 2009
LowOfSolipsism said:
Secondly- I was expecting Satoru to use more of his 28 years of life experience more but he was just acting like a middle schooler most of the time. I mean, he should be much smarter than most of the characters in the show but he doesn't act like it.
Also some of the events felt a bit too melodramatic at times. I have a hard time to believe that a girl in middleschool can do stuff like stealing money in order to frame you just because you were mean to her in the past. Middle-school kids aren't that evil or smart. Also some of the characters lack subtlety: giving Kayo's parents red eyes to show they are evil or show Kenya reading school-subject books at lunch because he is smart.

They're only 10-11 years old, so still in elementary school by Japanese school standards. If that makes any difference!

Also I think the stealing money to make Kayo look like she stole it was just straight up bullying which is a problem in schools worldwide and especially Japan. Elementary school kids are definitely capable of that.

Agree with you that I'm really curious where this show is going though... is a certain time frame going to keep repeating? Or will he relive the next 10-15 years of his life? Or what...
Jan 30, 2016 5:58 AM

Jul 2013
Smudy said:
I'm starting to believe that this will get a second season with this pacing you guys are all talking about.

That would definitely be the best.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jan 30, 2016 6:02 AM

Aug 2015
Lararin said:
LowOfSolipsism said:

They're only 10-11 years old, so still in elementary school by Japanese school standards. If that makes any difference!

Also I think the stealing money to make Kayo look like she stole it was just straight up bullying which is a problem in schools worldwide and especially Japan. Elementary school kids are definitely capable of that.

Agree with you that I'm really curious where this show is going though... is a certain time frame going to keep repeating? Or will he relive the next 10-15 years of his life? Or what...

Oh.. I might have unnoticed when they said they were in elementary.. Anyway, I still think that kids in elementary shouldn't act like that. I understand that they are capable of performing such acts but this is still far from the true. If I were to bully my classmate in elementary school then I would probably steal his pencil box or launch but not the money of the whole class just to make it seem as if he did it. And all that just because he was a dick to me that one time in the past?
Jan 30, 2016 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
DAT cliffhanger doh I don't wanna wait until next week
Jan 30, 2016 6:20 AM
Jun 2015
that feel when you know too much about the storyline....
I regret read the manga while knowing the anime has the great art like this. but don't get any wrong idea about my reply. The word "regret" just refer to the manga's artwork compare to the anime, but the story is still amazing even it is not end yet.
btw, I'am sorry that my english is not too well.
Jan 30, 2016 6:27 AM

Dec 2010
...so many FEELS in one episode and that cliffhanger, I think just like him she just overslept and will be late or she's died.

...really love the Movie feeling and those film like introduction great animation
Jan 30, 2016 7:05 AM
Aug 2015
Omg just watched the four episodes in a row, and it's so good, I wish I waited for the whole series to end so I could watch it from beginning to end! The animation is awesome, and the plot line is soooo good! Can't wait to see the next episode after that cliffhanger!
Jan 30, 2016 7:05 AM

Jun 2008
I love it that every episode ends in a cliffhanger, this is very well done:D

Fujinuma is so cute and Kayo is a cinnamon roll...also I love their friends, and Banzai to Fujinuma's mom, she is so awesome!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 30, 2016 8:05 AM

Jan 2016
Man, fantastic episode, it was heartwarming for the most part, and the little romance between Kayo and Satoru is really sweet since theyre kids and all (well, one of them is, wait, is Satoru a pedophile?). But the end damn, this is gonna be a long week waiting...
Jan 30, 2016 10:10 AM

Aug 2011
I should stop reading comments here, going to get spoiled xD
Jan 30, 2016 10:19 AM

Oct 2015
Nexxkinn said:
Good job, Satoru!

First of all, I'm just glad that he managed to stop her to abuse Hinazuki ( for a while, though). And, another point of view from Satoru's mom proving that she still loves her child based on her clothes. Man, I don't even think that aspect.

Her mother has great taste, anyway.

Second, Let's count how many smiles can he protect!

Third...

Man this was an awesome episode. What with Satoru's mother intervening. But trouble seems to be around the corner. This is fast becoming one of my favorite series.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jan 30, 2016 11:37 AM

Nov 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Equitum said:

Visual novels aren't light novels but the question still stands (besides Steins;Gate, obviously).

http://myanimelist.net/anime/21845/Ushinawareta_Mirai_wo_Motomete

Thx ill check it out
Jan 30, 2016 11:46 AM
Jan 2016
Such a good episode, but I just can't believe the cliffhanger! I seriously need next week to come faster...
Jan 30, 2016 11:51 AM

Nov 2014
LowOfSolipsism said:
Lararin said:

Oh.. I might have unnoticed when they said they were in elementary.. Anyway, I still think that kids in elementary shouldn't act like that. I understand that they are capable of performing such acts but this is still far from the true. If I were to bully my classmate in elementary school then I would probably steal his pencil box or launch but not the money of the whole class just to make it seem as if he did it. And all that just because he was a dick to me that one time in the past?

In one scene the girl was talking to satoru, and she said something like "now sensei thinks im a thief, you do too". It makes me think that perhaps she didnt steal the money? And shes depressed cuz she's been accused of something she didnt do?
Jan 30, 2016 12:31 PM

Mar 2014
I had a feeling Hinazuki would have gone missing... Turns out I was right. Ayyyyy

To read or not to read the mango, that is the question
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 30, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
Now I have reached "possible anime of the year" territory. This is entertaining, cute, funny and distressing all at once.
I was so happy for Hinazuki finally being happy and Satoru reaching his goal and all the puppy love stuff, I totally forgot how these things usually end. I've been worked!
Jan 30, 2016 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
When people compared this to Steins;Gate after the first episode... I thought that was pretty funny. But after that cliffhanger... i'm also pretty convinced it's going to be like Steins;Gate lol.

Now i'm more interested in finishing Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. Never finished the second season... but i guess i have the time now xD

Jan 30, 2016 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Oh shit shit SHIT!!!
What did he do wrong??

Kayo and Satoru are so cute together too ;__: I hope he'll be able to save her...!
Jan 30, 2016 3:00 PM

Jun 2015
So much potential. I hope this anime goes well. That cliff hanger doe.... DONT LEAVE ME BEHIND
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2014
poor kayo....I´m afraid the end is bad....i was waiting for the worst thing
and when he didn´t go to her house to going together to school
...the chair ...her chair ...oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

it´s only me or someone thinks the teacher seems his mother killer???
Sunakko-ch4nJan 30, 2016 3:37 PM
Jan 30, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
The last part, when he was running home happy, all I was doing is saying to my self "no, that's too good, too happy, where's the curve ball? Where is it?". Then the last scene came... "here it fucking is... fuck".
Jan 30, 2016 4:02 PM
Dec 2009
ttcchen said:
LowOfSolipsism said:

In one scene the girl was talking to satoru, and she said something like "now sensei thinks im a thief, you do too". It makes me think that perhaps she didnt steal the money? And shes depressed cuz she's been accused of something she didnt do?

Interesting! I didn't even think of that. Kayo thanks Satoru for covering her back in front of the class when she was accused and explains why that girl might have been targeting her and blaming her. But if I remember correctly Kayo never actually said whether she did it or not. And Kayo thinks Satoru is a "liar" just like she is.... in theory Kayo might have really stolen the money and that other girl could have gotten blamed all because of Satoru.

They spent a long time on that scene, just like with the ice skate race. Maybe that scene was somehow a pivotal moment where Satoru has to make a decision... and we don't know yet whether he made the right decision or not :O
Jan 30, 2016 4:12 PM

Mar 2013
during the whole episode im thinking -
it cant be that easy, something bad is about to happened....
and then it end like this, hard to wait a week again :(

only a guess but i think that Kayo just fell asleep late and didnt wake up
at the morning, since she was working on his present the whole night again.
though i have a feeling that something bad is about to happened
to the girl sitting next to him.
Jan 30, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:
It kind of makes sense that his first thought would be "maybe if she lives on this day then it'll fix things".

No, it really makes no sense at all. *Maybe* if it was a random killing of opportunity, but not a serial killer. As I said, he's being super ineffectual for a 29 year old. Maybe there is a reason for it, in which case it should have been explained by now, otherwise it's a pretty big problem with the show.

Serial killer... he hasn't even ARMED himself. His big play was to look at her house with an alarm clock, and assume problem solved, he didn't even know if she was inside or dead. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Jan 30, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
Kinda late but amazinggg episode. Simply loved it.
Jan 30, 2016 5:58 PM

Nov 2015
Sokah said:
Jonesy974 said:
It kind of makes sense that his first thought would be "maybe if she lives on this day then it'll fix things".

No, it really makes no sense at all. *Maybe* if it was a random killing of opportunity, but not a serial killer. As I said, he's being super ineffectual for a 29 year old. Maybe there is a reason for it, in which case it should have been explained by now, otherwise it's a pretty big problem with the show.

Serial killer... he hasn't even ARMED himself. His big play was to look at her house with an alarm clock, and assume problem solved, he didn't even know if she was inside or dead. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Armed himself? How, exactly? And lots of serial killers kill based on opportunity; they don't necessarily go stalking their prey for weeks before attacking.

I don't even understand what you want a 10-years old to do, even if he has the mind of an adult (a failed manga artist turned delivery boy, by the way, not a detective or a genius or anything). His options are limited.

refael9190Jan 30, 2016 6:07 PM
Jan 30, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2007
this episosed just fucked me up so badly. the tension was over the top. it's perfect.
Why is teh anime title being traslated in english as Erased, though? I feel like it's a spoiler. i don't want it to be a spoiler. T.T

Zalmox1s said:

People keep comparing it to Steins;Gate. I guess I`ve got to watch that too.

Yes because, it is similar in some ways. please do watch. both anime are great.
Jan 30, 2016 7:35 PM

Nov 2014
Dayan said:
this episosed just fucked me up so badly. the tension was over the top. it's perfect.
Why is teh anime title being traslated in english as Erased, though? I feel like it's a spoiler. i don't want it to be a spoiler. T.T

Its not exactly a spoiler bcuz u wont understand the meaning of it u til the end, or near the end. And i think the translation kinda make sense, since the literal translation of Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi is "The Town Without Me", so ERASED could mean erasing my existence from the town...
Jan 30, 2016 8:39 PM

Apr 2013
even though i saw it coming, man the ending gave me intense goosebumps.

also with seeing a lot of comments about satoru not acting his age, while his friends are acting too mature for their age-- i agree with the latter but the former may be what makes him slightly more realistic. he's constantly hanging with other children, in a child's body, and treated like a child. influenced by that sort of environment, his mind probably wouldn't be as sharp/mature as it'd be otherwise.
Jan 30, 2016 8:57 PM

Oct 2013
This anime is pushing all the right buttons. The recurrent themes of fate and coincedence is almost too poignant and hits home in every way without being "in your face about it". Even without that much foreshadowing, I feel I have nailed down the fact that the teacher, Kenya(which is still a weird name), and the High School girl from episode one must be involved in the larger part in some sense. 10/10 so far

fastghosthunterJan 30, 2016 9:46 PM
Jan 31, 2016 12:59 AM

Sep 2014
As soon as satoru said "I Changed history!" I said "it's gonna go steins;gate now..." Lol called it ;p
Time Waits For No One.
Jan 31, 2016 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
The cliffhanger is killing me.
Nice episode with Satoru being able to change history.

removed-userJan 31, 2016 9:24 AM
Jan 31, 2016 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Aw man, I saw that flag just shoot up when she said she'd give him the present tomorrow.

Can't wait for next the next episode. I'm liking the whole connection Satoru and Kayo have going on.
Jan 31, 2016 3:10 AM
Dec 2009
stephonf said:
This anime is pushing all the right buttons. The recurrent themes of fate and coincedence is almost too poignant and hits home in every way without being "in your face about it". Even without that much foreshadowing, I feel I have nailed down the fact that the teacher, Kenya(which is still a weird name), and the High School girl from episode one must be involved in the larger part in some sense. 10/10 so far

I don't know, like some others said I think the teacher might be a red herring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring). They are making him look evil and right now he's one of the main suspects us viewers can imagine... but that all might be on purpose to lead us off track. It is weird that Satoru doesn't seem to suspect the teacher at all yet though...
Jan 31, 2016 3:49 AM

Aug 2015
Loved Satoru's mom saving the day, never thought that she works at a TV news center for all the skills she prsented on the 1st ep. A big development from Kayo, now that she's smiling is just cute, she's frequently went to class on time, Satoru's friends treats her kindly as well.

I bet Kayo's late finishing Satoru's present right right because of that promise right right, anything can happen right.............................................................
Jan 31, 2016 4:41 AM

Dec 2013
Am enjoying this show a lot more than any other this season. It's underlying tension that just seeps through every episode, even though everything is so chill, just works so well.

Seeing Satoru trying to change the past reminds me a bit of the Butterfly Effect.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes, even though I'm resisting so badly to spoil myself with the manga.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 31, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2007
ttcchen said:

Its not exactly a spoiler bcuz u wont understand the meaning of it u til the end, or near the end. And i think the translation kinda make sense, since the literal translation of Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi is "The Town Without Me", so ERASED could mean erasing my existence from the town...

yes, i know what it means, they kept it generic enough in the original, it's also something the girl wrote in her school paper. by translating it to erased, if the anime progresses the way i now expect it to, it can be a spoiler.
DayanJan 31, 2016 5:57 AM
Jan 31, 2016 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
Why Kayo is so best
Jan 31, 2016 8:26 AM

Feb 2009
WHERE IS KAYO DAMMIT

Jan 31, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2015
Satoru's mom is best mom

ffs with the cliffhanger tho,i had a feeling something bad is gonna happen again :(
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.