Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2016 5:22 AM

Oct 2011
I don't like the changes but I'm willing to put up with most of them. I only cannot forgive you for changing the position of the anime & manga list buttons return them to the positions where everyone is used to opening them from

Jan 28, 2016 5:31 AM
Jan 2010
Gawdess said:
Thanks for this, but it may take a lot of time to get used to this.

Thats an understatement. It'll take a lifetime to get used to

Jan 28, 2016 5:33 AM
Jan 28, 2016 5:39 AM

Dec 2007
Not a big fan of the header changes.
Went ahead and made a userscript which puts the Profile tab & anime/manga list links back on the header bar - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/16597
Jan 28, 2016 5:40 AM

Oct 2014
Been away from MAL for such a long period of time it's definitely gonna take me time to get use to everything.
Jan 28, 2016 5:42 AM

May 2011
It looks better than before that's for sure.
Jan 28, 2016 5:43 AM

May 2014
Facebook 2.0 by the looks of it~ Nice but not nice at the same time. Nice for the changes, but not nice for moving positions to random places. Prefer the original positions and layout.
Jan 28, 2016 5:47 AM
May 2015
@Xinil

great job with the new header and navigation.
I have one slight remark:
I use chrome as web browser,
when I click on lists the anime list button is hidden behind the search bar.
The same is with the notifications.

I can just click on the anime list button, I guess this was not done on purpose.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wwylzUfeqtWWdWT3UxZUlrb3c/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wwylzUfeqtNTBpQnlJVzQxUEE/view?usp=sharing

with kind regards,

Count R.
Jan 28, 2016 5:48 AM
May 2012
Sweet!
Good job, team!
Jan 28, 2016 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
i went to go to the left seen things changed then was about to scrool down to check for the update post then i found this this will new to lern but it's not liek the last major change a few years ago at least
Jan 28, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
@Scraps
I agree on this as well, which by having something like a poll up with potential options; like I mentioned on my other post, that would allow them to see not only what we're wanting more, but also get feedback to such changes before just going ahead and making them, and then having the intermittent backlash from doing so by their users.
You're not the first to tell the staff to think of asking the community before they implement changes.

It's too bad the staff doesn't really have much to do with the developer team, which makes it even worse for us.

What we really need is options, to be honest. They could listen to feedback about these changes and give us an option to have the old ones if we wanted to.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 28, 2016 5:54 AM

Feb 2011
Immahnoob said:
But I do agree with you, although the issue isn't only the priority... It's also how impractical these changes are.

the addition itself isn't bad, but it's removing all the previous links and paths which forces to use the new additions which makes it impractical
as you said, they "must" leave options if they don't want to get negative feedback everytime they change something (but so far they didn't show to care...)

DakuTree said:
Went ahead and made a userscript which puts the Profile tab & anime/manga list links back on the header bar - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/16597
thanks a lot
how hard would it be to also add the anime/manga list links back into the "My Statistics" block in the panel?

and thanks even more for making "Profile" clickable again :D

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 28, 2016 5:55 AM

Mar 2014
DakuTree said:
Noice! Thanks a lot
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 28, 2016 5:56 AM

Oct 2015
Shrubbery said:
Gawdess said:
Thanks for this, but it may take a lot of time to get used to this.

Thats an understatement. It'll take a lifetime to get used to

Oh well.. let's hope you'll get used to it earlier than that.
neel_rahJan 30, 2016 3:27 AM
Jan 28, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2012
@Zeando
the addition itself isn't bad, but it's removing all the previous links and paths which forces to use the new additions which makes it impractical
as you said
That's why it's bad.

They just moved shit around and created more clutter.

I'm still amazed at how anyone can say "Press on the logo on the left to get to your panel and press on your avatar/list on the right to get to your profile.".

How does that make sense to anyone?

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 6:00 AM

Feb 2013
Oh man, just when I was getting used to the new thing lol

Jan 28, 2016 6:05 AM

Jan 2013
OK looks nice enough. It'll take some time to get used to it though
Jan 28, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2015
cyruz said:
iwsifakismag said:
That's nice and all but where is the panel button now?

Click the MyAnimeList logo.
Thanks
Jan 28, 2016 6:17 AM

Feb 2009
I don't mind moving the profile but I was too used to clicking my Anime List or Manga List on the top or next to the 'Anime/MangaList Views' part. There's now an extra click in order to access it. At least make it that the menu drops down when you hover the mouse like the ones in the main panel. That's all.
Jan 28, 2016 6:18 AM

Jan 2012
Can you bring back anime list/manga list bars back to anime/manga dropdown buttons please? It's really annoying they moved to the right in Ξ-area.
Jan 28, 2016 6:19 AM
N/A

Jan 2014
Frequent updates I love it.
Jan 28, 2016 6:20 AM

Feb 2011
@dakutree
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/16597-myanimelist-old-header-links
the script doesn't seems to be active on http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php and also other pages

i fixed that by changing the '@'include' with
// @include      http://myanimelist.net/*
// @exclude      http://myanimelist.net/animelist/*
// @exclude      http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/*

also, i agree github is more professional, but getting feedback directly here on mal is faster for who gives feedback

and lol, there is actually a guy nicknamed include xD
ZeandoJan 28, 2016 6:24 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 28, 2016 6:22 AM

Jan 2010
Just noticed the upgrade this morning and I have to say, thank you!!! It's a big improvement for me. :)
Jan 28, 2016 6:30 AM

Jul 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
>"Oh look I got popular all of a sudden!"
>old notifications

This is exactly how I felt .

I was like "holy shit 99+ comments ?!?! My time has come ."
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 28, 2016 6:31 AM

Mar 2008
aaaah i dont like it at all... >.<
i want the navi to be on the left side (makes reaching it so much easier)
and drop-down is nicer as well ._.
Jan 28, 2016 6:32 AM

Aug 2008
Who would want to access their list with one click anyway. It's not like this is anime/manga listing site... oh wait. Moving anime and manga lists to a separate menu doesn't make much sense. Especially moving it to the part of the page you rarely navigate. If anything, it should be on the same bar as Anime/Manga/Community etc.

It's another entry in a series of changes making this site a pain in the ass to use on PC and making it harder to use it for what it is for overall.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 28, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
Scraps said:
Paul said:
I don't hate it but I don't really see why it was a priority over other things.

^This.

He speaks of reducing clutter, but adding another section; and by doing so taking up more un-collapsible space by doing so, to me just creates more clutter just in a different area. IMO if you want something to completely reduce clutter for a number of people, then give priority to the section collapsing that was mentioned will eventually come for the anime/manga sections for those that don't use them, as see that's reducing period without moving or gaining elsewhere.

Also, I and many others I'm sure would like to see a "night mode" selector or setting option added on site so we don't have to have offsite scripts running to not burn out our eyes here, THAT would actually be a fully welcomed addition, that from a coding standpoint shouldn't take that much effort.
Look at most regularly visited entertainment sites; outside some obstinate social media, and see how many still cling to the literal eye-sore of a trend of bright white being a go to. I don't understand outside of advertising why bright white on the net ever became the go to, or why it was put up with for so long. I mean have a poll taken just about any site that people are known to spend a fair amount of time that have this severely out-dated bright white; or any other high intensity color for that matter, everywhere and ask how many use scripts, add-ons, separate modes, etc. to alter that. I bet you'd find the majority that have half a clue about knowing how do indeed do so. Overly bright colors on any screen without at the very least having a contrast control to it are highly unappealing for anything besides quickly grabbing your attention, and therefore; like an ever growing number of sites understand, shouldn't be used otherwise, or at the very least not as a majority portioned color...
I mean hell if you want to have it made even easier for you just use the hard coded blue with black bg list style you already have, and just code in a settings option to have all sections of the site use it.

Also one nitpick with this particular update. Why if we can click our avatar to get to our pf in 1 click, is their a then redundant option to do so on the drop down right beside it???

All that said, I'm thankful things are getting updated, but it would really be nice to have user poll threads or something for potential changes so you all could at least better gauge what your users are more inclined to want and be appreciative for.

I agree, bright white hurts my eyes. I would like to see a pale colour background that doesn't hurt eyes with it's intensity. Like perhaps a pale blue or pale green or pale purple.
Jan 28, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2014
@stephtastrophe I also think a Night mode feature would be awesome.
Jan 28, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah it would be a welcome feature. Or maybe a dark blue like Tumblr, that never hurts my eyes.
Jan 28, 2016 6:46 AM

Aug 2007
Looks nice. And finally I can send messages after 2 years with that problem! Thanks for the improvent.
Jan 28, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
The only complaint that I have about this change is that I keep clicking anime search. Since the anime and manga list buttons are now somewhere I've never even had to click before.
Jan 28, 2016 7:40 AM

Feb 2011
I just want the old profile button back ;_;
Jan 28, 2016 7:58 AM

Aug 2008
Gonna take days to get used to the new changes lol

Now just add a way to hide the manga list from my Profile page, please. It's an eyesore...

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Jan 28, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2014
I don't like it, why fix something that isn't broken?!
Jan 28, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
Change isn't bad or unwelcome, but it will certainly take time getting used to. I keep going to click "Profile" and thinking "Strange I don't remember being a search engine..." It's become a natural reflex to go to the left side for that feature.
Jan 28, 2016 8:13 AM

May 2015
Nice update! Looks a bit more fancy now :3 though.. woulda liked it if you could make the dropdown menus drop down on hover instead of having to click on them .-.
Jan 28, 2016 8:32 AM

Aug 2012
This looks really good.
Jan 28, 2016 8:33 AM
Aug 2015
I thought the site was broken and couldn't figure out how to navigate at first :(, it wasn't really necessary and will take some time to get used to
Jan 28, 2016 8:37 AM
May 2011
why were my lists moved from the anime\manga tab to something i need to click on now?
Jan 28, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2012
Elf said:
You're killing me here. Change into Facebook all at once or don't do it the fuck at all.
Underrated post. Along with the "don't fix something that isn't broken" posts, it seems the team needs to realize the original design was good, and that since MAL's design and Facebook's are based on different philosophies, anything that's an hybrid of the two is counter-intuitive and somehow annoying.
Jan 28, 2016 8:41 AM

Aug 2014
Tylerr said:
why were my lists moved from the anime\manga tab to something i need to click on now?

Lists are in the rightmost of the three big icons at the top right. Unfortunately you have to click on the list icon instead of it opening on hover like the old location.
Jan 28, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2012
I really like this design more. Thanks for the great work!
Jan 28, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
EratiK said:
Elf said:
You're killing me here. Change into Facebook all at once or don't do it the fuck at all.
Underrated post. Along with the "don't fix something that isn't broken" posts, it seems the team needs to realize the original design was good, and that since MAL's design and Facebook's are based on different philosophies, anything that's an hybrid of the two is counter-intuitive and somehow annoying.
The dev team isn't related to the MAL staff. Kineta is their courier, but that's pretty much it.

DeNA is pushing this shit and they don't care about us.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
Immahnoob said:
The dev team isn't related to the MAL staff. Kineta is their courier, but that's pretty much it.
Yeah I was talking about the developpers, whoever they are. If they don't care about feedback then they're pretty big lunatics whose existence online is doomed.
Jan 28, 2016 8:59 AM

Apr 2012
EratiK said:
Immahnoob said:
Yeah I was talking about the developpers, whoever they are. If they don't care about feedback then they're pretty big lunatics whose existence online is doomed.
Nah, as I said on other threads. MAL's Alexa rank increases, MAL isn't popular because of the forums, but because of the list and database.

These are SMALL changes that are injected one by one, that way people both don't care and don't bother and they get to update the site as they want.

Instead of changing it WHOLLY, which would have made people REALLY REALLY ANGRY.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2016 9:08 AM

Apr 2012
Immahnoob said:
Nah, as I said on other threads. MAL's Alexa rank increases, MAL isn't popular because of the forums, but because of the list and database.
These are SMALL changes that are injected one by one, that way people both don't care and don't bother and they get to update the site as they want.
Instead of changing it WHOLLY, which would have made people REALLY REALLY ANGRY.
True but one day they'll change too many things and MAL's rank will decrease, but by then it will too late to thwart it.

Anyway a lot of people have suggested an option to choose between classic MAL and revamped MAL (with possibly two different https) -- and for some time now. I'd like to see that, it's the best course of action in the long run.
Jan 28, 2016 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
It looks pretty nice actually, thanks for all the hardwork
Jan 28, 2016 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
EratiK said:
Elf said:

I don't like using facebook for a reason and now this site is trying to make it like facebook with every change there is, such shame.
Jan 28, 2016 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
devinder said:
Alright, now you're just dicking around.
Well he cant help it, he has dickfingers
Konbu is important
Jan 28, 2016 10:06 AM

Jan 2016
I like it.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3341 by Terra_strong »»
4 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Feb 23

197 by Avengerlight »»
12 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

211 by Kauam_ »»
Apr 16, 8:37 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.