Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2016 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, funny car ride. I thought they almost crashed

Better episode than the previous imo with a more casual tone and comedy. Not to mention, Haru's older sister showed up.
Some decent background storytelling as well. I think this show is getting better now. The English was kinda funny. I'm starting to also get used to Chika's character a bit now. Heh the Christmas spirit.

Stark700Jan 27, 2016 10:12 AM
Jan 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Jan 2015
Another "heart-touching" Punchline in the end. But still, it gets funny and funnier ever since Narushima joined the Club.

I think this one is worth for "Whoa" moment.

And not this one. :v
MasceraJan 27, 2016 10:57 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 2018
Haruta's sister made her debut!

The apartment was remodel as a piggy bank!
Jul 2018
lol haruta hitting on sensei are the best parts ever
aside that, love the episode, it was funny, made me giggle a lot of times
looking forward to next ep

and haruta.. "christmas miracle" indeed :C i'm happy for you!
Jan 27, 2016 10:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Today's story was probably the most entertaining one from this series. Haruta's older sister Minami is great, lol.

4/5
Jan 27, 2016 10:56 AM

Sep 2014
I liked this episode, but that's a heck of a lot of coins.
Jan 27, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
That was a lot of money not to mention silver coins.
Guess Amano doesn't have to worry for a while it should be more then enough to give his family a happy life.
Haruto took some drastic measure so that he would not have to live with his sisters.
And from the looks of it Chika made a good impression on his older sister.
Jan 27, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty fun ep. Haruta's Oneechan is sexy AF :L
Haruta's reaction to her was lol
But well her driving is something I wouldn't want to experience XD

Loving Chika a lot but honestly starting to like Miyoko more. She's so adorable esp her scaredy-cat nature ^^;

I want a piggy back house as inheritance D: That's insane!! How much was in that thing O_o
And Haru and Chika falling with sensei on the coins...must've been quite a happy moment for both.

Maren's dad had some good English
Jan 27, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2015
Definitely better episode than the last one, the sister is lovable.
I'm liking this series, one of the few that is liking it, according to comments that i have seen here..
Jan 27, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the stupid love triangle of the main characters and the teacher?

This anime is definitely one of the worst of the season imo....
Jan 27, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
One of the worst anime from P.A. Works (don't get me wrong I love this studio). Almost everyone complained on Glasslip, but I liked Glasslip W A Y more than Haruchika (I never considered Glasslip as bad production).
Apollocy22 said:
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the stupid love triangle of the main characters and the teacher?

No, you are definitely not the only one. I don't mind love triangles in general, but not something like this. It's one of the reasons why I consider this anime as fail. Second is male MC. Not only because he, ekhm loves HIS male teacher, but because he is boring because he knows everything. And comparing him to MC from Hyouka is just stupid. This show is anticlimactic in general, I don't feel anything pleasurable when I watching it. Maybe it's bad direction, maybe something else.
rsc-plJan 27, 2016 12:22 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 27, 2016 12:22 PM

Feb 2015
rsc-pl said:
One of the worst anime from P.A. Works (don't get me wrong I love this studio). Almost everyone complained on Glasslip, but I liked Glasslip W A Y more than Haruchika (I never considered Glasslip as bad production).
Apollocy22 said:

No, you are definitely not the only one. I don't mind love triangles in general, but not something like this. It's one of the reasons why I consider this anime as fail. Second is male MC. Not only because he, ekhm loves HIS male teacher, but because he is boring because he knows everything. And comparing him to MC from Hyouka is just stupid.

Totally agreed! Couldn't have said it better myself! I also enjoyed Glasslip. I can see why people hate it, but it isn't that bad imo.
Jan 27, 2016 12:29 PM

Nov 2014
I was planning on keeping this on-hold after that really boring last episode, but I figured that I might as well finish this and get it over with. This episode wasn't great, but it was better than the last 3 episodes. The idea of a mischievous uncle turning an apartment building into a piggy bank, and Haruta somehow figuring that out, was ridiculous, but it wasn't boring at least.

Apollocy22 said:

Probably not. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I doubt anything will happen between any of them anyway, so it's probably innocent.
Jan 27, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2016
Best episode so far. I've considered the rest ok, but enjoyed this one a lot.
Jan 27, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2015
Probably best ep yet but still kind of boring and repetitive because Haruta seems to figure everything out too easily somehow knowing the right trick. The love triangle is completely unnecessary imo because they seem too childish to even take them serious. And the whole band club thing also seems to be shown at the beginning of each ep but then thrown to the side somewhere in the middle of the ep. Seems like this anime is trying to do too many things at once without really paying attention to how it evens them out.
Jan 27, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
God, what an anti-climatic ending SHSAHUUHAS
Ahh, it's an ok episode.
I will just ignore the mystery from now on.
Jan 27, 2016 1:03 PM

May 2009
I quite liked this side story. I didn't expect the outcoming of this, which is almost always a good thing. Haruka and Chika laying in the money next to sensei was a bit over the top though.

I quite like the sister design! With the ponytail and the red/bordeaux red colors c:

I hope they'll move on with the "mainstory" soon though. Side stories only isn't really my thing.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 27, 2016 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Still this series is mediocre at best, but at least this episode was better than all previous ones. And haven't seen in a while crazy-sister driving joke, so kinda refreshing =/
Jan 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2015
I actually enjoy watching this love triangle. Was hoping to See what would have happened if Haruta manager to move in with his sensei +_+
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jan 27, 2016 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
I thought we would get a new club member. >.<
Oh well it is still a fun episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2016 2:00 PM

Mar 2014
i feel like haruchika just trolled me
Jan 27, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2012
A happy Christmas ghost story? Yeah, easily the best episode so far! :D So happy for that expecting couple. :) Loved Maren's folks and their engrish. :D And as expected Haruta's sister is a knockout with big beautiful tits! :D
Jan 27, 2016 2:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really good episode, and yet another touching answer to the puzzle. It was also a beautiful and unique Christmas miracle. I think Haruta's knowledge didn't really come into play here in this episode as some are complaining about. He got a hint from his sister about vernacular modernism, there were clues about Amano's uncle making this apartment building into a puzzle/joke, since there are "six" rooms, an extra large key, and the building is soundproof despite being next to an empty lot. Lastly, Haruta heard a coin drop in Maren's house and realized that that's another sound that could sound similar to the ringing sound from a priest's staff. All he had to do from there was put the pieces of the puzzle together, he didn't really need to use any knowledge he had already.

I like the love triangle since it's played out mostly as a joke so far, so I find it rather funny. It just seems like puppy love or a simple crush. I like how Chika covers for Haruta too when Minami asked Haruta why he wants to stay over at his teacher's place so much :) They're rivals but also good friends.
Jan 27, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 2016
The love triangle between Haruta, Chika and Kusakabe Sensei is actually pretty cute. Meanwhile, I do understand the hate on this, I still think it may be beneficial to the anime in some way (for humor or the plot). Haruta's reaction at his sister suggesting him to come home to stay with his three sisters again is hilarious.
There is only one passion; the passion for happiness.

- Denis Diderot
Jan 27, 2016 3:43 PM

Apr 2015
Mystery was alright, but it's a cute "Christmas miracle" episode. Character interactions were nice, and it seems the love triangle is still progressing.
Jan 27, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2015
Haruta should drop music and start being a detective already.....
Jan 27, 2016 3:56 PM

Mar 2015
Yeah, everything feels better and funnier when Haruta just doesn't push his way into the lives of strangers. Because he is a nice character, but when he acts like an ass to push people out of their problems just make him the worst character of the season.

Everything was funnier (seeing him freaking out after seeing his sister was hilarious), the love triangle scene was cute, and this episode felt like an actual mystery. I want more episodes like this one.

Hopefully, there won't be more character drama mysteries and more of "Haruta solving problems all by himself". To hell with those episodes.
Jan 27, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
With sisters like that, (not to mention the early tomboy Chika), it is no wonder Haruta ended up gay. I mean none of his female peers are really good to develop some attachment to the opposite gender, lol.

And Haruta living like a Chicken, I seriously loled at that part. And the triangle thing is quite fun when Haruta and Chika trade blows with each other, yet the fact they retain so much synergy with each other really makes one wish these two formed a couple.

The mystery was nice for a surprise, but I actually feel like the character interaction ruled this episode (Narushima is really cute to watch).

I love both Chika and Haruta.
Jan 27, 2016 4:14 PM

May 2015
That hot sister. Loved this episode, and the English was pretty good, lol. Look at all the coins~

Jan 27, 2016 4:29 PM

Jul 2015
Wow, so I see a lot of people did not like this anime, I love to see it, although that is not so focused on music for now and in a matter of love triangle can not take him seriously for me this and more a silly admiration.

Christmas miracle XD
Jan 27, 2016 4:41 PM
Apr 2015
idk how to feel about this series anymore. the ep was good.... i guess? the concept of the giant piggy bank was strange but pretty cool.

i'm holding on to this series awaiting for the music theme though. but the mystery is kinda nice.
comingsmileJan 27, 2016 5:18 PM
Jan 27, 2016 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
Lol I think we aren't supposed to take the love triangle seriously because it's obvious sensei is nowhere near interested in the kids. And the fact that they feel like love rivals makes it cute and funny.
So the main mistery is why sensei abandoned his career... let's see how that's executed.
Baby, daijobanai...
Jan 27, 2016 5:20 PM
May 2015
I liked this episode a whole lot more than the 3rd episode.

And those Christmas decorations on the house too! lol <3 loved it
Jan 27, 2016 6:10 PM

Jan 2016
This show is pretty fun... :)

That Engrish though.... :D

And that awkward love triangle :(
“Don't think about what you need to do. Just follow your desires.” - Aoi Ryuuhei (Baby Steps)
Jan 27, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
one of the better looking episodes thought it was kinda trolly some dude decided he was gonna make a piggy bank out of a apartment
Jan 27, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
For solving that mystery Amano should have given a reward to Haruta. If not a small cut of that doh then a reduction in rent price (even if only one time) He wouldn't have found it without him.

Also I knew that uncle was awesome. He looked so fun, and so sad when Amano got mad at him :( Like a kicked puppy. Too bad the never made up in person.
Jan 27, 2016 8:08 PM

Jun 2013
That was a really cute episode! :)
Jan 27, 2016 8:30 PM

Apr 2015
A much more entertaining episode than the previous ones; it was pretty funny. I guess I am one of the few people who really likes the love triangle and the characters. It's hilarious whenever Haruta and Chika fight over the teacher haha. Looking forward to the next episode!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 27, 2016 9:51 PM

Jul 2014
I love the sense in which Haru sees things, could be a great detective.

Jan 27, 2016 11:03 PM

Oct 2011
Haru got his Christmas present Awww

Amano is set for life wth all that money.

The mystery of the teacher will continues.
Jan 27, 2016 11:50 PM

Oct 2008
I enjoyed this episode, it was a lot of fun! Even though how Haruta figured it out seemed a bit ridiculous but the interaction between characters are really carrying this show now.

Hopefully the show can keep up the entertainment and space out the "monster of the week" (new student to add to the club) episodes with problems involving the regular cast like this.
Jan 28, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2015
Well, this was surprisingly good.
Jan 28, 2016 2:35 AM

Oct 2014
Best episode of this show so far, and a good one it was.
Though I still kinda hate Haruta, well, his character at least
Jan 28, 2016 2:49 AM

Feb 2012
tingy said:
Really good episode, and yet another touching answer to the puzzle. It was also a beautiful and unique Christmas miracle. I think Haruta's knowledge didn't really come into play here in this episode as some are complaining about. He got a hint from his sister about vernacular modernism, there were clues about Amano's uncle making this apartment building into a puzzle/joke, since there are "six" rooms, an extra large key, and the building is soundproof despite being next to an empty lot. Lastly, Haruta heard a coin drop in Maren's house and realized that that's another sound that could sound similar to the ringing sound from a priest's staff. All he had to do from there was put the pieces of the puzzle together, he didn't really need to use any knowledge he had already.

I like the love triangle since it's played out mostly as a joke so far, so I find it rather funny. It just seems like puppy love or a simple crush. I like how Chika covers for Haruta too when Minami asked Haruta why he wants to stay over at his teacher's place so much :) They're rivals but also good friends.

I agree completely! I absolutely loved this episode to be honest. It was my favourite one so far. The love triangle is hilarious and obviously not serious; Haruta running off from his sister and living like a chicken made me lose it. Chika's and Haruta's sass wars are perfect, and Chika covering up for Haruta adds some great dynamics to their relationship. I also loved the very straightforward foreshadowing of the piggy back right at the beginning of this episode when one of the club members asked for donations. Chika catching that piece of paper made me go 'Chika slayy'.

This moment topped it all off tbh. 5/5.
Jan 28, 2016 3:06 AM

Jan 2008
I still think the chances of Haruta and Chika falling for each other eventually are high. I mean. their feelings for their teacher is probably nothing more than a crush and nothing will come out of it anyway as I highly doubt the teacher will end up dating either.
Jan 28, 2016 3:18 AM

Oct 2015
That was really quite funny and interesting. I'm beginning to like this anime a lot more now.
Its finally going somewhere other than a new member each episode.
Jan 28, 2016 7:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I love Haruto's eldest sister so much lol

This episode was really fun and I can always count on this series to bring the feels at the end :'')
Jan 28, 2016 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
Haruta's eldest sister is epic. With driving skills like that, she can give Shirobako's Aoi Miyamori a run for her money in terms of driving any day! =D

The english words were nicely done as well

Best episode so far and it had a solid mystery theme to it. Amano's uncle was an amusing guy though, with his pranks being well thought out as well as being funny too.

It was surprising that the building was a colossal piggy bank for an infinite amount of 500-Yen coins. Looks like there was two Christmas miracles that happen right there, the money being the first, then Kusakabe having Haruta & Chika in his arms. It seems that a love triangle is forming between the three now!

Although I would like to see a bit more music scenes, as long as the mysteries and characters remains of a good quality, then this show could become an underrated gem this season.
Jan 28, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
oh he has 3 sisters who torments him no wonder he's gay (relax i'm just joking) his sister is hot but damn that's alot of coins
Jan 28, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2015
I figure that's along the lines of how Yukari-sensei drives. But that for hours. No wonder they were scarred.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2016

429 by Nakano_Nin0 »»
Sep 16, 2022 6:05 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2016

124 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.