Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2016 3:51 PM
Jun 2015
I'm finding myself enjoying each episode by itself but as a whole I'm not really getting where they're trying to go with it. They're trying to interject mystery into a slice of life show about kids in a school band. I'll still stick with it though because it's keeping my attention enough.
Jan 28, 2016 8:32 PM

Mar 2013
For what it's worth, this was one of the better episodes, even if it still wasn't that good. Based on this episode I'd say this show does better when it's trying to be SoL rather than when it's trying to be mystery, but the relative lack of melodrama this time around was certainly welcome.

meh, I still find plenty worth watching in this show.
Jan 28, 2016 10:08 PM

Nov 2015
fst said:
For what it's worth, this was one of the better episodes, even if it still wasn't that good. Based on this episode I'd say this show does better when it's trying to be SoL rather than when it's trying to be mystery, but the relative lack of melodrama this time around was certainly welcome.

meh, I still find plenty worth watching in this show.

Definitely agree with this. It really does better when going for the SoL approach. This is the first episode that I enjoyed all the way.
Jan 29, 2016 1:26 AM

Nov 2012
yeah this was a pretty enjoyable episode imo. the mystery itself was kind of ridiculous, but its conclusion was still pretty heartwarming.
Jan 29, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2014
This episode is a big improvement from those before but it's still missing a lot but it's stilll feel incomplete and anti-climatic everytime the mystery is resolved.
Jan 29, 2016 7:47 PM

Mar 2014
still Haruta x Sensei bothers me especially when they solved the mystery
Haruta's Christmas miracle (=_=;)
Jan 30, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
The episode is not boring, but it still shines as far as the involvement, however, known that animations and drawings are improved compared to the previous episode, now that the quality is more than decent both of the latter that the sets, some gags are not bad, I hope that all the new characters introduced, sooner or later have a bit of characterization, it would be a disappointment to the contrary.

Question: the car driving Minami's sister Haruta, a Honda Integra? Or am I wrong?

Thank you in advance !
Jan 30, 2016 10:37 AM

Mar 2014
Ey b0ss

Can I hab da money pls
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 31, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
the mystery this week was better than the others. It's only episode 4 but i thought that the teacher would have more relevance to the story so far.
Although they said that haruta called him, it bothers me that sensei usually appears from nowhere.
Jan 31, 2016 8:22 AM

Dec 2012
Donut Shop = Mori Cafe = Miyamori Aoi Confirmed! xD
Don Don Donuts Let's go Nuts! xD
I just remembered this was being made by PA lmao

Chika payed Haruta back for last eps cockblock xD

THAT XMAS MIRACLE THOUGH LMAO
Best episode so far.
Jan 31, 2016 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
i wonder if sensei's past would be the overall mystery.

one of the fav moments, the others being the car ride, chika covering for haruta and chika catching the stray paper. i have dreams of narushima x chika being canon or hinted at.
Jan 31, 2016 5:47 PM
May 2010
I think the mysteries in this anime are actually more legit than hyouka?

Before any tables get flipped, I have to admit hyouka gives a way better atmosphere, and I preferred its music and style to this, ugh, weird hair rainbowed eyes thing. Overall to be honest I've enjoyed Hyouka way more than this show - but this thing isn't even halfway yet and Hyouka gets +1000 points from that blurry fluffy cloud of romance in the latter episodes so, leaving it at that.

But, but, this anime actually gives the audience to solve the mystery? Clues are dropped properly, like in an actual detective story. For example in the cube episode the signature thing is mentioned, as well as the smell thing. In this episode the sound, the key, the floor plan of the house... I mean we are pretty much given all of what Haruta, the solve-it-all, knows. Another thing is they've always kept the explanation at the end so you've got a decent chance. Compare this to the bones under miss sakurai's feet or something anime - something similar to a transformation thing happens and the next thing you know she's got it all. Compare this to hyouka - insert a blooming sakura tree on the alternative route (which the audience didn't know about) and that's the motive.

tldr; objectively speaking this anime is more "fair" than most in the so-called mystery genre. As for enjoyment, romance, production etc... to each his own.
Jan 31, 2016 11:36 PM

Sep 2013
Another mystery, and there aren't music development duh
Feb 1, 2016 10:04 AM

Jun 2015
HatsumiShinogu said:
I still think the chances of Haruta and Chika falling for each other eventually are high. I mean. their feelings for their teacher is probably nothing more than a crush and nothing will come out of it anyway as I highly doubt the teacher will end up dating either.

Reminder

Also, those who read the light novels say that so far he is gay and that didn't change.

Apollocy22 said:
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the stupid love triangle of the main characters and the teacher?

This anime is definitely one of the worst of the season imo....

xiety10 said:
still Haruta x Sensei bothers me

Then just drop the anime?
Mel96Feb 1, 2016 10:12 AM
Feb 1, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2008
Mel96 said:
HatsumiShinogu said:
I still think the chances of Haruta and Chika falling for each other eventually are high. I mean. their feelings for their teacher is probably nothing more than a crush and nothing will come out of it anyway as I highly doubt the teacher will end up dating either.

Reminder

Also, those who read the light novels say that so far he is gay and that didn't change.

Oh, I am aware of that but I was thinking that his change of heart might happen sometime in the future. I think the possibility is there but who knows. Also, even if Haruta is gay, I highly doubt something will come out of his crush on the teacher.
Feb 2, 2016 4:53 AM

Apr 2011
HaruChika's love rivalry shouldn't be taken seriously.

They'll someday realize their love for the teacher will just be a crush
and nothing more. The two has the most chemistry with each other.

This episode is the most entertaining and funny so far. Miyuko's fright
of the supernatural is funny and Chika is using it to troll her.

Haru's sister is hot and Chika is fun as always.
Feb 2, 2016 9:18 AM

Oct 2008
What randomness is this! A piggy bank house!
Haruta now got an apato!
3/5.

Feb 2, 2016 11:17 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was really interesting :D
i like the mystery in this episode but.......yeah.....
i guess new character for next episode.....looking foward to it :)

HatsumiShinogu said:

yeah.
feel the same too :D
i hope that will happen.
Feb 2, 2016 8:32 PM

May 2015
That ringtone. :)
Feb 4, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2009
The sister saved this episode, she is cool! I hope to see more of her.
I would never guess the building was a piggy bank, but I still waiting for more things to happen...
Feb 6, 2016 6:16 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode the humor and the mystery were good. The jealous Chika is funny :).
Feb 7, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2011
Tevens said:
This episode was really interesting :D
i like the mystery in this episode but.......yeah.....
i guess new character for next episode.....looking foward to it :)

HatsumiShinogu said:

yeah.
feel the same too :D
i hope that will happen.

And another thing. The title series itself is giving us a sign that it will be.
Feb 8, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
HARUTA SO DESPERATE THAT HE LIVING IN THE SCHOOL's BACKYARD, WITH A TENT UP HIS ARSE AND TAKING EGGS FROM DEM CHICKENS WHO THE ANIMAL CLUB LOOKS AFTER AND THANKS THEM
Then Kusakabe sensei offered Haruta to stay with him, (GAY INSTINCTS LOADED, READY TO FIRE), he wanted to live with the Sensei but Chika ain't having that shit.
It's the typical nice body pretty face and strict but turns tsundere when falls in love Onee-san
YOO THOSE DRIVING SKILLZ THO, SHE SHOULD BE IN INITIAL D!!, nee-san reads manga as well it seems (well that's normal in japan)
Narushima is qt
LOOK AT ALL THOSE MONEY, THAT FUCKA WILL BECOME RICH IN ONE SEC. Literally a sea of coinz.
Yep, that was a good episode! 3/5
Haruto is too frickin OP though, literally knows everything which is a bit ridiculous.
Feb 16, 2016 9:33 PM
Mar 2012
That was lots of fun.
Haruta the tent hobo.
Reminds me of McDuck's coin room.
Triangle is alive & well.
Sax China man brought a potential harem with him.
Cool absurd story. Nice how the American's coins led Haruta to ask Maren to search 1982 history. The list does include the 500yen coin, and some comet & disasters etc.
Mar 2, 2016 9:08 AM

May 2010
What a great episode! Even Haruta was great here, I'm starting to enjoy his and Chika's rivalry over their teacher. He's still mr-know-it-all but yeah, I somehow don't mind it as much. The solution, again, was a little over-the-top, but heartwarming. I just loved this a lot.
Mar 30, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2012
Lol well that sure is an interesting idea of a piggybank :p

Okay episode, up to the next one.
Sep 10, 2016 2:34 PM

May 2008
Haruta's sister looks gorgeous, I love her character design! Would love see more matured characters like her in other anime shows.
Oct 14, 2016 6:49 AM

Oct 2009
Woaahh..
A piggybank house! I like that xD
Feb 23, 2018 4:47 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'll admit the piggy bank apartment was quite a twist I wasn't nearly expecting. The whole architecture thing was a nice touch I won't lie.

Still placid but a little heart tingle at the end.
Aug 29, 2021 5:41 AM

Jun 2010
The best episode so far. With the sister there acting as a foil to Haruta, reigning in his usually rather arrogant holier-than-thou attitude - it was actually rather enjoyable. Also the fact that they didn't force their way into another person's private life was a pleasent surprise. Sadly I suspect the sister won't really stay as part of the cast and this will remain a one-off.
Sep 30, 2021 9:21 PM

Aug 2021
this is probably the best episode so far; Haruta isn't being an annoying, know-it-all obnoxious character (and no, I don't hate him for being gay at all) and the mystery actually supplied enough clues for unsuspecting viewers to actually figure it out. maybe the previous three episodes could've been better if Haruta wasn't such an obnoxious character, but eh.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2016

429 by Nakano_Nin0 »»
Sep 16, 2022 6:05 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2016

124 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.