Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 28, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2014
Funniest and best episode so far.

We know that Reina has a huge appetite, but it still surprises me when she can eat so much food at an All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet with relative ease. You have to feel sorry for the restaurant's owner. XD

The phantoms this time were really good. First was a retro bus that took Reina, and inevitably the rest of her friends, to the phantom world, and ended up with Reina's phantom parents, who were rabbits. Then everyone grew cute bunny ears when they ate food as well.

Reina's teasing at Ichijou at wanting to sleep together was funny and cute too. Eventually, when Ichijou snapped her out of it, she responded by dunking him into the toilet. Possibly the funniest part of the episode! =D

Eventually, Reina made the decision to part ways with the phantom parents, with some help from Ichijou's wisely chosen words to prevent her from making the wrong choice. The whole scene was pretty moving as well, which made it better.

Hopefully there'll be a Minase-focused episode at some point. She needs more screentime anyway.
Jan 28, 2016 8:13 AM
May 2015
Ok, I gotta admit...this episode was pretty good. I now like Reina more than boob-chan.

Jan 28, 2016 8:32 AM

Jan 2016
it was pretty boring imo :/ I'll give it one more episode I guess.
Jan 28, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
Those trips to the bunny land were funny except the farewell. Didn't really feel the episode other than that tho. Hoping for more yuri. =3
Jan 28, 2016 9:02 AM
Mar 2015
I've watched episodes 3 and 4 in a row this time as well. I have to admit, this series has grown on me a little bit. I still find the introduction lessons interesting and relevant too.

Even though in episode 3 the memory thing was a bit random, seeing a little bit about Mai's past was a good thing, even though it was just a glimpse.

Also, I really liked episode 4, we get a bit more inside look at Haruhiko's and Reina's current situation and that helped.

I have to agree, I want more Koito.
I also want more Kurumi.

Right now Reina is best girl.
Jan 28, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode, it was all fun and emotions. Loved the part when she came back to her senses and threw Haruhiko into the toileT xD.

Jan 28, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
i just wish we had more of koito by this point... maybe next episode
Jan 28, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
Paul said:
This was a nice episode overall but I have 2 issue with it.

First off, how it was resolved. It was far to convenient that he happened to go take a shit and the hypnosis wears off because bathrooms are gate whatnot, it wouldn't be an issue if it was the first time but this is the second time with the first being the what the hell memory transfer head bump in the previous episode (which was humorous but hoped it wasn't repeated, as in another cheap plot resolve.)

Second is that they didn't show us Reina telling her parents about joining the club, the entire episode was pretty much about her, so it feel off that it would just skip that scene entirely and go to her telling us they accepted it easily despite it kept on showing us how 'harsh' her father is.

The toilet and eating food thing are related though.

Eating the food there puts them under hypnosis? That was sudden and kind of unfair. The bathroom gets you out.... wait...

OH. It's just following traditional japanese folklore. Most people know about the food thing since they watched Spirited Away. The toilet thing was new to me and I'm glad the show did it that way. Now I get it. Food gets you spirited away. Toilet brings you out. Hahaha. That's japanese folklore for you XD. It sounds stupid if you only know about part of it but it makes sense all in all..

Well it's a LN adaptation. They don't have the time to go into everything. Also, following the intimate discussions a character has with their parents is protagonist material. Skipping it and jumping straight to the conclusion makes sense since that's what matters in the overall plot.

Tetimaru said:
This anime is not bad by any means, but I feel like it lacks an identity.
The episodes don't really flow into each other at all, and I have yet to identify the key conflict.

Does it need one?

Can't the show be about a dysfunctional phantom club and their antics as they get to know each other.
Brick_ said:
I'm not going to say this show is a masterpiece, but boy is it fun! It keeps surprising me with more and more ways. I love how there are so many types of phantoms. Good, bad, fun, and even caring. This show keeps diving deeper and deeper into a world that I want to see more of! Don't take this show seriously, it has flaws. Just let it consume you and enjoy the fun :D

This guy gets it.

Also, for all you guys getting butthurt over yuribait.
Don't.
Just don't.

If it's yuri then feel free to the dislike Reina. You and I both know, it probably isn't going to be. You're letting del/u/sional people affect you making you see yuri EVERYWHERE when it isn't there.
Jan 28, 2016 11:24 AM

Mar 2014
RIP bunny phantom parents ;_;
Jan 28, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2014
So, I guess it's official now

MoeAni has officially gone... MoeAnus
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 28, 2016 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
A bit sad if you ask me.
Those Phantom are good Phantom...T^T
No wonder Reina want to live with the Phantom...
Jan 28, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
hlubkoj2020 said:
A bit sad if you ask me.

They took her away from the world so she could run away from all her problems.

I wouldn't call those phantoms good. What if someone with no social support met one. They'd abandon their life and free will for artificial happiness in one house.
Jan 28, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2014
TitanAnteus said:
hlubkoj2020 said:
A bit sad if you ask me.

They took her away from the world so she could run away from all her problems.

I wouldn't call those phantoms good. What if someone with no social support met one. They'd abandon their life and free will for artificial happiness in one house.

I would say it is better than suffering in the real world. But, hey that's just my opinion.
Jan 28, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2015
pretty sad episode for reina

she's scary inside
Jan 28, 2016 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
<snipped
It's right above me.>

I swear you're getting more butthurt than the original author.

Look. The original is a Light Novel. There's lots of internal monologue and descriptive phrases.

Because the anime doesn't have the time for that, and all the characters in the show know how everything really works, they created the fairy character so she can be the exposition dump as well as point out some shit that's hard to tell in the animated version. That decision logically makes sense.

Skipping through the source is because of time. They probably didn't want to adapt all of Phantom World but they want to at least get to the parts they thought were interesting. That decision logically makes sense.

None of KyoAni's male protagonists are terrible. None that I've seen anyway. I stay away from Free!

They did 2 seasons of Haruhi, which means they must not have changed that much. If they changed too much they wouldn't be able to continue adapting it. Same with Amagi Brilliant Park, and Euphonium.

Also Tamako Market isn't bad. It's not great, but it isn't bad.

Why do you have such a hate boner for KyoAni anyway. I swear you're worse than Gonzo haters, Deen haters, or A-1 haters.
Jan 28, 2016 4:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Mai having to be carried by Haruhiko lol

Reina stole this episode. I wish I could be like her when it came to all you can eat. She had the appetite of a Saiyan. And yea, drama all because she wasn't allowed to interact with Phantoms. Well I get their reason but if they really don't want her to interact with Phantoms, then home school her.

The bunny part was funny. I like how Mai casually accepts the food and grow ears. Prior to that the small phantom girl tells Mai not to fall for the food. And she does anyway lol

That's one way to get off from being high, attack the closest person with martial arts.

Jan 28, 2016 6:01 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was brought to you in part by

lovely episode. I actually thought for a moment Reina was going to leave with her bunny parents; even though I like Reina a lot more after this episode, I kind of wish she had left because it would've made for a more interesting story development.

Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
about episode 3:

at this point in LN, Reina already have strong feelings romantic by Haru, and also is when Mai starts showing his feelings for Haru, the jealous scenes were to be Reina to Haru, as occurred in several scenes in Hibike again KyoAni changed intend and the real meaning of the scenes, diving the impression that Reina was jealous of Mai and not of Haru,

I dunno what KyoAni intended or how others interpreted that scene, but I instantly figured Reina was jealous of Haru and never thought for a second that she was jealous of Mai.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 28, 2016 9:46 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode, I liked the more serious tone that this episode had over the other ones so far. It was interesting to learn more about Reina and her situation with her family and even a little with Haruhiko and his mom leaving him so it shows that they both have something in common. Koito makes another appearance but nothing really comes out of it, im wondering if they are just going to continue to do this or actually have her as a main with the rest of the group. But yea overall I enjoyed this episode with it having a more emotional and serious mood to it and can't wait to see what they will do next because at this moment I have no idea, so far we have had episode focused on Mai and Reina so will the next be on Haruhiko or Koito?

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwO7ulkFwZU
Jan 28, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
This was cute and amusing. I like this show so much. My 3rd favourite anime this season so far ^__^
Jan 28, 2016 11:41 PM

Jun 2013
Wow this show is deeper than I thought, though the weird bunny version of yomi was kinda weird xD. I'm starting to get some monogatari vibes from this show but with a lot more lightheartedness. Also why do I get the feeling that Reina has a dead sister or something
Jan 29, 2016 2:55 AM
Jan 2010
asspulls and happily ever after
pretty much what you'd expect from this show
Jan 29, 2016 5:09 AM

Mar 2014
Last couple of episodes were actually half decent. Nice to see the fan service toned down and more focus on Reina.
Jan 29, 2016 5:25 AM
Sep 2014
Mascera said:
Anyway, Can anyone guessed it?

Probably feeding all those Phantoms sealed in her tummy.
Jan 29, 2016 11:36 AM
Jan 2015
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
Everyone knows that he will not happen. More now you want to deny the fact that he is not present at the show and was added as an original content by the studio is only a heresy on your part.

The fact that he will not happen does not mean it is not present at the show.

You have to learn to distinguish between will not happen and is not present.

Do you think correct, ethical, respectful and fun the changes and edits made by the KyoAni in your characters of sex male,especially the male MC in relation to the source material.

In addition to altering their personalities, they tambés reduce their screen time, diminish their importance and relevance to the plot and story, most often ridiculing them, and diminishes them, making them look characters completely different and less important and relevant than they are in the source material, with the biased intent and purpose of making the characters in the female stand out more, tererm more importance and relevance, beyond to make them look more important and relevant than male characters that end up looking like: losers, not so important, irrelevant, sometimes stupid and ridiculous compared female characters fact that does not occur in the source material.

And do not quote characters like Kyon, Tomoya or any other Key male protagonist, because both the Key as Nagaru Tanigawa that is a renowned and successful writer, would never allow KyoAni, they would never allow and accept that his male protagonist, were ridiculed, desecrated, downgraded and also the ridiculous and colorful edits made by KyoAni.

Man I do not know why you try to deny the facts, when the source material is greater evidence of the desecration and destruction made the works and the characters.

KyoAni is not the author and creator of most shows, all she does is edit and change the content of the source material and add your shitty content in them when KyoAni tries to create a show o totally unique, 100% KyoAni the result is a shit like Tamako Market which is a show 100% made by KyoAni.

If KyoAni want to do their shits of editions and use your content of shit, she should do it in their own unique show and not profane and destroy the characters and stories by other authors, more you should not create great expectations and expect by a great show or o something better than Tamako Market, because that's all KyoAni can create and do by own account.

Damn that's some broken english!
First of all saying stuff in red (in your other posts) doesn't make your points more valid and instead just makes you sound annoying.

Secondly, regarding the yuribait I'd argue that their shows barely contain any with the exception of hibike to some extent and that you're basically just searching for whatever you think counts as yuri.

Thirdly, an anime adaptation, as far as I'm concerned, shouldn't be compared to its source material too much and should be rated for what it is. Sure, maybe they changed certain aspects but are they really all negative? Considering I haven't read the source material I can't say they are or aren't and neither will I listen to what you think of them due to your apparent extreme bias against kyoani.

Lastly, why do you care so much?
DrunkeagleJan 29, 2016 12:14 PM
Jan 29, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
The funniest episode so far, those bunnies were quite nice. Reina is getting more and more likeable as well.
Jan 29, 2016 1:11 PM
Jan 2016
Reina x Haruhiko please.
Jan 29, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
bunny Reina = best girl
so cute :)
Jan 29, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
Compared the works adapted by KyoAni, Tamako Market is horrible, and also proves that KyoAni made his name and fame destroying and desecrating the works made by other authors which they put a lot of effort and sweat to create the works, to entertain people, are the authors who should receive the fame, praise and recognition for his works, Instead we see people exalting and clapping for editions of shit and addition your contents of shit made by this study.

But you can't expect people to praise the original authors when they have never read their works. If they only watched KyoAni adaptations they can only praise or criticize the anime. Especially because, as you said yourself, there's a lot of original content in KyoAni animes. If people like the "anime" of Kyoukai no Kanata or Musaigen no Phantom World, they like the original content too.

What I am trying to say is, fans of the Anime like "KyoAni adaptation" and fans of the Novel like "the authors work". And you can't expect that everybody who watched the anime to read the novels to compare them.

By the way, it's not the studio's fault if their fans don't bother doing a quick research to find out if their anime are original works or not.
Jan 29, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
I found the end of the episode surprisingly sad. I feel bad for Reina :( Even though I don't like her all that much

But okay, how stupid are these characters?
Reina sees a strange bus in a world where phantoms exist. She thinks nothing of it and climbs aboard.
Haruhiko follows her into fantasy land. He is offered food by a phantom and eats it.
Mai now follows them. Immediately after commenting on how the food doesn't affect Ruru since she knows it's what causes the possession, she takes a bite.
I mean, come on!

Also, headphones girl is really irritating, both in attitude and with the fact that she knew exactly what was going on and didn't bother telling them anything useful BEFORE bad things happened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2010
The art is superb, but every other thing is boring AF
Jan 29, 2016 6:15 PM
Oct 2015
i feel like im the only one who loves this anime
Jan 29, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
repahockey said:
i feel like im the only one who loves this anime
Don't worry you're not.
Jan 29, 2016 9:26 PM
Aug 2013
don't worry you are not alone . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Jan 30, 2016 4:02 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty decent episode. Reina is just so damn cute, can't help but love the character

Although I agree with most people here with saying that i've got no idea where the story is heading. This feels just like an episodic series of SoL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2016 4:26 AM

Sep 2013
Haruhiko in Brotherzone lol
Jan 30, 2016 8:22 AM
Dec 2012
The Opening of this anime is so catchy that I didn't skip it once in 4 episodes. Reina can go participate in Eating Challenges(These are real) and earn money from it. The scene where Haruhiko's head got stuck in the toilet is so funny. Those phantom rabbits is so kind, the departure scene is cringe worthy, the time they spend together is not more than 1 episode = =
Still waiting for the loli...
Jan 30, 2016 8:47 AM

Jan 2013
KageNoAbisu said:
I found the end of the episode surprisingly sad. I feel bad for Reina :( Even though I don't like her all that much

But okay, how stupid are these characters?
Reina sees a strange bus in a world where phantoms exist. She thinks nothing of it and climbs aboard.
Haruhiko follows her into fantasy land. He is offered food by a phantom and eats it.
Mai now follows them. Immediately after commenting on how the food doesn't affect Ruru since she knows it's what causes the possession, she takes a bite.
I mean, come on!

Also, headphones girl is really irritating, both in attitude and with the fact that she knew exactly what was going on and didn't bother telling them anything useful BEFORE bad things happened.

It was a bus at a bust stop. Reina makes sense. Especially since she wanted to run away from her problems which spawned the bus in the first place.
If you were Haruhiko, you would've eaten the food and got caught too. Admit it. He thought everything happening to Reina was because she was the one trying to run from her problems. He thought he was safe.
Mai was indeed stupid, but the whole point of her being there was to take the older sister role so I can forgive the show for that.

I knew it wasn't going to end badly so I actually laughed at the scene Mai got caught.
Jan 30, 2016 2:13 PM
Nov 2012
Illuminati the anime.
Jan 30, 2016 3:01 PM
Oct 2015
ShinnYukiko said:
don't worry you are not alone . . .
good to hear because all i hear are people bashing it
Jan 30, 2016 4:01 PM
Jun 2010
Changed my rating from 1 -> 10 due to this episode.
Jan 30, 2016 6:04 PM
Oct 2015
kyoani sure loves their bunny girls
Jan 30, 2016 6:35 PM

Feb 2015
Sometimes...life is hard.
Jan 30, 2016 8:14 PM

Dec 2015
Best episode so far.
Jan 31, 2016 1:46 AM

Jan 2013
The weirdest ep I've seen in a while
Jan 31, 2016 2:38 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was filled with Reina's cuteness hnngghh
Jan 31, 2016 4:03 AM

Aug 2015
Bunny Girl Reina and Mai is ✌ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 31, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
Gotta say that when this anime first started, I definitely had Mai pegged to be my favourite of the two main females but Reina has easily taken that position now. She's a very likable character and I'm glad they started to develop her character in this episode. Kinda glad the MC didn't save the day entirely and it was mainly Reina coming to terms with things that helped.

Still enjoying the show a lot, just kinda waiting for it to get a more directed storyline and finally finish with the character introduction episodes. We're 4 episodes in and they haven't even finished introducing his 4 female companions, since the wee girl hasn't met them fully and Koito really hasn't done anything. The fairy chick is kinda in the same boat.
Jan 31, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Raishin said:
Reina practically solidified her status as best girl this episode. While I like Mai and to some extent, Koito, Reina just seems to hit the sweet spot.

Overall, much better episode than the previous ones. This show is my guilty pleasure.

Guilty? This? Really?
Jan 31, 2016 11:26 PM

Dec 2015
So many sparkles this episode. So many bright colors.
SO MUCH KAWAIINESS.
Reina is so kawaii, it's not even funny *^*
Love her so much :3 her background is kind of sad tho...

Still, this episode was pretty amusing~

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.