Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2016 6:32 PM

Oct 2014
I would like to rant and I would like it if you all would please read. Including Ai Yazawa.

How LONG has it been since NANA has finished airing?
About 9 years ago?
I remember staying up all night just to watch NANA when I was younger.
I also remember feeling some type of despair after finishing it.
I was curious to find out what that feeling was, so I re watched it and kind of regretted it.

POINT IS, I WILL STILL BE WAITING FOR MY SECOND SEASON.
Ai Yazawa wherever you are I will find you and I will get my second season. Either make a new anime or finish it. :(

On Wikipedia, it still says hiatus THERE IS HOPE!

“But even when the moon looks like it's waning...
it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that.”― Ai Yazawa

... ✽

「 If only I could wash all my worries and
sorrows away with music 」
Jan 27, 2016 12:14 PM
Dec 2012
The other got sick with unknown disease like 7 years ago, one year after she left the hospital and said that she needs some time before getting to draw again and is recuperating gradually, well it has been 6 years since then with no remarks at all, though the good news is that she drew a new Nana calendar for 2016, but maybe this is just a poor way from the magazine to earn more sales, who knows?
anyway the manga has equal additional content to which the anime had adapted, though I doubt you will get the same experience like the anime
Feb 27, 2016 11:57 AM

Mar 2015
I love the manga of Nana; the anime is still very good. But I want to warn other people: the cliffchanger of the anime is nothing compared to the one in the manga.
I don't regret reading the manga one bit, even if it "ended" like that. If you can't bear this things, do not read it. If you don't care that much, go ahead, because it is amazing.
Mar 6, 2016 9:32 PM

Apr 2013
I know how you feel. :( NANA is indeed one of a kind and one of the best there is. But I don't think Yazawa-sensei will ever continue it. I read somewhere that after her hospitalization, she no longer remembers that feeling she felt when she was writing NANA. The passion is gone and to continue it just for the sake of giving the readers some "closure" would bring NANA injustice.

Forum set by: DeadlyBasan
Jun 23, 2016 7:42 PM

Mar 2014
OtakuPerv856 said:
Good news! The wiki updated to say when the manga of Nana will end!

Bad news! It'll be next year and ending with 24 volumes!

I try not to trust wiki pages because anyone can add or edit them as a joke but I thought to at least tell most people about it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_%28manga%29
OH MAI GAAAAAD

I hope this turns out to be true
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 19, 2017 12:31 AM

Sep 2007
I'm glad people feel the same about NANA - that I'm not all alone here, heartbroken that this may not be continued anymore.

This is my most favorite anime, the top on my list, and no anime ever came close. My heart literally hurts when I remember that this story, the characters, might not move again. This anime has been a huge part of my life, and it still is a huge part of my life up to now. No matter how many times I read the manga and watch the anime, I still hurt, laugh, cry, and feel everything as if I watched it for the first time. I gain new perspectives every time I re-watch and re-read this.

I don't really care if they won't be drawn anymore. I just want to know how the story goes and ends. Even a novel will do. Just at least make them move again and let us know the end.
Oct 13, 2017 1:38 PM
Sep 2017
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/interest/2017-10-13/nana-ai-yazawa-draws-commercial-artwork-for-juju-latest-single/.122698

Ai Yazawa just did the image for some artists new single.

And she said that she will return to finish Nana

https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/4y71xp/ai_yazawa_during_an_interview_for_rola_fashion/?sort=new

But that was a year ago.

GOD I HOPE WE SEE A Continuation of the Manga and hopefully S02
Nov 12, 2017 12:34 PM

Feb 2013
You're not alone, my friend.. I just can't get over Nana, I can't forget that emotional atmosphere I felt on this josei masterpiece and I really am eager to know the rest of the story, I know all of what the author has been through and how she lost the passion towards Nana, still I would be satisfied with just an article describe the destiny of each character and how every thing would eventually go.
I hope that we reach that end spot one day. :'(
Nov 18, 2017 11:18 AM
Oct 2015
This Anime hit me like a train. Felt everysingle feel that nana felt.

I hope that Ai will end the Story..

I can bare these emotions, everytime i think of it, it breaks my heart..

nee nana...
Nov 23, 2017 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
Been almost 10 years huh. Sure the wait is long, but I'll never lose my hope, just like how I've been kindly waiting for Haruhi LN continuation and also lots of other series. Damn it
Mar 16, 2018 9:04 AM
Mar 2018
Still sitting here, in 2018, praying that this anime and manga get finished. I decided to rewatch it and it opened up old wounds lmfao. It is my very favorite, and it absolutely breaks my heart to think we'll probably never have closure.
Mar 17, 2018 9:46 AM

Oct 2014
Jade_dude said:
Still sitting here, in 2018, praying that this anime and manga get finished. I decided to rewatch it and it opened up old wounds lmfao. It is my very favorite, and it absolutely breaks my heart to think we'll probably never have closure.

I feel you! It's been another year and still no news ;c
“But even when the moon looks like it's waning...
it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that.”― Ai Yazawa

... ✽

「 If only I could wash all my worries and
sorrows away with music 」
Mar 17, 2018 10:27 AM

May 2014
It's so sad that one of my favourite series will probably never have an end. At this point i feel like she should just announce it as cancelled, so i'm not clinging onto a false hope that it will continue someday T_T

Mar 18, 2018 7:58 AM
Mar 2018
I feel you! It's been another year and still no news ;c [/quote]

Yep... really breaks my heart lmfao. At this point I would take anything. I've even looked around to see if anyone has done a "fan created ending" type deal. Alas, nothing to dull the pain lmaoooo ;-;

Mar 18, 2018 9:32 AM
Apr 2010
If we're lucky she's been drawing bits here and there to avoid the stress of an ongoing manga.... T__T
Jan 7, 2019 3:39 PM
Jul 2015
Hey guys, hi from 2019. I've just finished it. Considering the ending and how we were promised a second season at the very end of the final episode, how it's been 10+ years that this show didn't get a second season, now I'm pretty sure that god doesn't love me.

Or he rather f**ks with me.

Anyway, does this story continue as is in the manga as well? If so, which chapter should I start from? If not, would you suggest me to read manga?

Thanks in advance.
Jan 8, 2019 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
erayerdin said:
Hey guys, hi from 2019. I've just finished it. Considering the ending and how we were promised a second season at the very end of the final episode, how it's been 10+ years that this show didn't get a second season, now I'm pretty sure that god doesn't love me.

Or he rather f**ks with me.

Anyway, does this story continue as is in the manga as well? If so, which chapter should I start from? If not, would you suggest me to read manga?

Thanks in advance.

yes! the story continues a bit onwards from the anime. a lot, quite actually. i'd heavily recommend you to read the manga to get more of the story's impact. i believe the anime stops at chapter 42.

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
Yesterday, 5:12 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 23, 7:55 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 8 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 4, 2009

47 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 23, 7:54 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

57 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 23, 7:52 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

78 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 23, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.