Forum Settings
Forums

Annoyed with people liking the same things as you?

New
Jan 25, 2016 10:56 PM

Jan 2016
Am i the only one who hates it when u find out someone annoying likes the same things as you like no stop I'm only allowed to like Tokyo Ghoul not your crusty ass. (I only say TG as an example because that's what I remember off the top of my head.) But I remember this not only being with anime, things like music too. It bothered me in middle school everyone started liking the same bands that they previously made fun of me for listening to just because at that moment it's suddenly "trendy" and 99.99% of those people don't even listen to that music anymore as highschoolers. I'm probably just overreacting, I am a melodramatic and easily irritable. I have no idea how to end this post so I'll just put a question as a conclusion:

Does it bother you when people you don't like turn out to like the same things as you?
Does it bother you when others start liking something just because it's trendy? Something that you were possibly teased over?
Am I the only one who gets irritated with this?
<Marisol>
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2016 11:00 PM

Nov 2013
There's currently no one I dislike, though I seriously doubt this would bother me.

Not particularity, unless they're very vocal and annoying.

No, though I can't relate to your troubles personally.
Jan 25, 2016 11:01 PM
Feb 2014
Not really IRL, I'm usually very happy to meet people with a lot in common.

Online though, I like being my own breed, you normies stay away from what I like.
Jan 25, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2015
It bothers me when my younger siblings have similar interests to me.
Jan 25, 2016 11:06 PM

Jan 2016
Toasty_One said:

You'd probably hate to be me because all three of my siblings like the same animes and music as me lmao. I don't mind it though because I get to talk to them about it.
<Marisol>
Jan 25, 2016 11:07 PM

Jul 2012
I usually dont care( Its usually a good thing) unless they like an aspect of it that makes it look bad or goes against my morals.

I have liked 8 bit games since I was a kid and I dont mind the current retro game fad right now I think its good it will keep these games alive.

MiraniaJan 25, 2016 11:42 PM
Jan 25, 2016 11:09 PM

Sep 2015
Does it bother you when people you don't like turn out to like the same things as you?
No, they can like whatever they like, I don't care,

Does it bother you when others start liking something just because it's trendy?
Not really, I just think it's weird how they lie to themselves saying that they "like" something when they only following a trend.

Something that you were possibly teased over?
In that case, I would consider them as a highly hypocritical person, but it hasn't happened to me so....next question.

Idk, Earth its a pretty huge place and there's a lot of people on it, so I don't think you're the only one who thinks that way. Not me though...
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jan 25, 2016 11:40 PM

Dec 2012
The thing that bothers me is the anti-circlejerk that occurs when something goes mainstream. Yeah I get it, it's too mainstream for you now, shut up faggot.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jan 26, 2016 2:46 AM

May 2014
Yea, I used to hate it when my little sister started liking what I like to eat.
Jan 26, 2016 2:51 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I used to get annoyed by ppl who wear the same outfit as me and with the same name as me. I got over it. The only thing that's now trendy that I got teased for is wearing glasses. I'm glad to see glasses become the norm now.

Anyway, you'll always have something in common with someone else. It's a vast world. I enjoy sharing things in common with other people. The only thing I dislike is when someone is trying to please me and get close to me by forcing themselves to like the same things as me. I prefer someone who's himself/herself. Can't deal with fake people.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 26, 2016 3:54 AM
May 2009
Jan 26, 2016 4:01 AM

Jan 2014
Toasty_One said:

This. I just want my own thing and they can have their own. When it comes to other people though I don't care that much.
Jan 26, 2016 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
Idk. There aren't many people I dislike, and we don't really have the same hobbies, so that hasn't been a problem for me lol
Jan 26, 2016 4:40 AM

Oct 2015
Moo! YAS! It's because I feel like their copying me, like pls stahp, I wanna be my own species...
I got so annoyed at my bro after he started watching anime, started watching shoujo, (he said he hates sub) watches in sub & when I give him a suggestion he's like "no!" lol, ruuude. He even got a MAL account. My other bro said he likes the beats from this K-pop group I like & right after that he dissed it. "Kpop is bad" Go.to.hell.mofo. The one that watches anime even brags about it to me, like no bro, I'm more weeb than you, pls stahp, it's embarrassing to a fellow weeb like me.

On MAL, it's okay, I don't mind.

I feel like shooting someone, he keeps watching in sub & watches anime using his PS3. Before this, he was like "But the asian voices..." in a complaining manner. Now hes like "But their voices...." lmao, maybe you should mute it & just watch in subs since you don't like the sound of a human voice?
Jan 26, 2016 4:43 AM

Feb 2015
Aw, is society not letting you be the hipster you want to be? :'(

None of these bother me, that's just weird.

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Jan 26, 2016 4:55 AM

Feb 2013
That sounds like some serious case of "I watched/listened that before it was cool"

idk i dont really care, I mean, if I found a person who liked Love Live! i dont know why would I hate him (unless he/she shipped RinMaki then I could probably see him/her with disgust).

Jan 26, 2016 5:45 AM

Aug 2015
Tokyo Ghoul is all yours OP, I don't have any plans on touching that shit
Not really unless they're liking it because of the bandwagon.
Jan 26, 2016 5:56 AM
Jul 2015
Whoresome-Jack said:
Aw, is society not letting you be the hipster you want to be? :'(

None of these bother me, that's just weird.

Yeah, OP doesn't want to admit he's not a special butterfly.
Jan 26, 2016 6:10 AM

Apr 2015
Nothing of that bothers me at all, it's cool to find people with the same interest as you.
I'm feelin' normal, I'm feelin' myself ♪♪
Jan 26, 2016 7:34 PM

Jan 2016
Sometimes. When I do feel that way, it's usually because I'm afraid they might know/care more about said thing than I do. When I'm really enthusiastic about something, my mind goes into I! MUST! BE! BIGGEST! FAN! mode. I have to remind myself that it's petty.

Most of the time though I get really psyched when I find out someone else likes something that I like.
Jan 26, 2016 7:39 PM
Feb 2014
CNile said:
The thing that bothers me is the anti-circlejerk that occurs when something goes mainstream. Yeah I get it, it's too mainstream for you now, shut up faggot.

Hipster circlejerks are worse than mainstream circlejerks
Jan 26, 2016 7:42 PM

Dec 2014
What?
If they annoy me at first but I find out later on that they like the same things I do, I no longer find them annoying.
Jan 26, 2016 7:43 PM

Sep 2009
Sort of, although it kind of bothers me you feel the same way.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jan 26, 2016 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
Boo hoo, You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else

Jan 26, 2016 8:32 PM

Apr 2008
Not really. That would actually make me like them. I'm only bothered by this if the person was purposely liking all the things I liked. Imitation- not the best form of flattery.

Nah, unless they go full retard about it like if they claim they've been long-time fans when they aren't. That would probably irk any loyal fan.

Hige said:
Not often, but I did feel little pouty when everyone suddenly became a Star Wars 'fan' but I quickly reflected and realized I was being an asshole.

pretty much this. Ever since the movie came out, all my friends are insta Star Wars fans even though they have relentlessly teased me over it before. It pissed me off for some time, but I got over it. Any new addition to the SW community is welcomed and I'm thankful I get to talk about it with them now though they can't hold a decent conversation or discussion about it which makes me sad.

Nah, I gotchu fam.

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Jan 26, 2016 8:50 PM

Oct 2014
It's kind of annoying. Like anime is (for some) used as an "aesthetic". People will post older anime pics they know nothing about on soundcloud or any other social media. And it's worse when you try to talk to them about it and they're like oh I never seen this I just liked how it looks.
Jan 26, 2016 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
It looks like jealousy to me, because..

"no stop I'm only allowed to like (insert your favorite title) not your crusty ass."

..haha, really, it looks like one.

Sometimes it can surprise me and I usually end up thinking it's fun coincidence.

Well, not anymore.. This is expected, because trendy stuff exist to invade our heads.

Idk but I don't see your problems as something unusual.
Jan 26, 2016 9:07 PM

Dec 2015
Like oh my gah, could you guys like totally stop liking cat soup and kaiba because those are like totes my shows and you Gaiz are like totally copying me. Like, L is my favorite character, not yours, like totes.

Like, totally ruining my hipster style, like, I can't even deal Becky. Everyone wants to be me so bad by liking the same anime I like. Like, like, like, like, totes.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 26, 2016 9:34 PM

Aug 2009
I don't really care, I like a lot of things and if someone people happen to also enjoy those things I don't see how it's any detriment to me. If anything I at least have someone I can talk to about the thing. Like for example I really like Vampire Hunter D and the director Yoshiaki Kawajiri. Most anime fans don't know or care about those so I never really have the chance to talk about it.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 26, 2016 11:14 PM

Dec 2015
Well... Yeah, but everyone is allowed to have their own interests.

No one likes a sheep, it's just better to let it pass.

Just remind them of their days as a hater... And never let them forget it

Well I get pretty pissed off when one of my friends starts to like something I enjoy just because he never shuts up about what ever it is and continues to fanboy it to the death of it.
Jan 26, 2016 11:28 PM

Apr 2014
I can understand it in a way, I feel like sometimes I get a little possessive over things I like, especially if I think they're cool, because then I somehow don't want anyone else to discover how cool they are because then it's not something that's unique to me anymore. It's like part of me wants to be their friend so we can talk about it but the other half wants to hate them lol.
Jan 26, 2016 11:33 PM

Jul 2012
I feel kind of sad because we could have been good friends through our mutual interests but because of other differences, we can't be.
Jan 26, 2016 11:34 PM

Aug 2014
Only if it's the same girl that I like.
Jan 26, 2016 11:36 PM

Mar 2008
Most things I like people to like the same things but there is some stuff that feels less special if too many likes it.
Jan 26, 2016 11:46 PM

Jun 2015
Nah, I like when people like what I like. Not many people do where I live so it's refreshing to find someone.

Jan 26, 2016 11:49 PM

Jan 2015
These annoying whiney kirito wannabe kids certainly give anime a bad name and I wish they'd fuck off.
Jan 27, 2016 12:09 AM

Feb 2014
I don't get annoyed by people liking what I like.

But I sure as hell get annoyed when people like things just because they want to follow the trend, not out of genuine interest.

Fuck those posers.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jan 27, 2016 1:22 AM

Mar 2014
cumshotz said:
you should be thankful you PRIVILEGED fuck. i wish more people shared my interests, it makes it loads easier to socialize and make good friends. though i admit some things do lose their power when they become mainstream.

exaxtly. i would love to be able to hang out with people that listen to Zyanose and Dropend! when i am with friends i allways have to listen to nu-metal bands..
i would like to say i doubt lots of people would suddenly listen to crust ir something cause it became mainstream. but the same thing happened with Speedcore here when i was a kid, nothing is impossible. but it also has its good sides, even is people just go along with the trent, there would still be more cool gigs cause there is a demand for it. and there will allways be people who will keep on loving it after the trend is over, who otherwise would have never heard of it.

only thing i ever find in common with people around me is liking anime.. still not exactly the same taste, but that only makes the conversations better i think. it would be boring if you both liked the same shows 24/7. leaves nothing to discuss.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Jan 27, 2016 1:30 AM

Jan 2012
I used to think like that at one point but now I don't mind. People are free to like whatever they want to after all, even if I find said people annoying. It's a live and let live like and let like world.
Jan 27, 2016 9:03 AM

Apr 2010
I don't think it's a bad thing. It just means I'm not weird (or not the only weird one) :P

Jan 27, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
I'm more happy to find people that share the same interests.
Jan 27, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2013
You know it does bother me, even though I know it's irrational and stupid. I never let it show cause I understand tbat there is no basis but I do feel bothered even though I definitely shouldn't, like for example I'll go out of my way to drink a different drink then my friend even though I love it.

Then again humans by nature aren't very rational.
Jan 27, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
Vivie said:
I'm more happy to find people that share the same interests.
same with me, its always awesome especially when its something most people tend to dislike.
Dec 29, 2017 9:41 AM

Mar 2016
I don't meet people who like the same things as I do.
Therefore I cannot be annoyed.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Dec 29, 2017 9:50 AM

Apr 2012
Nah I'm more like. Oh wow you like the same stuff I like, do you wanna be friends?
Dec 29, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
No, because I am usually not too interested in what other outsiders likes.
Dec 29, 2017 10:38 AM

Aug 2016

Yes, I hope they would stop liking the things that I like because I HATE THEM.

Does it bother you when others start liking something just because it's trendy? Something that you were possibly teased over?

Yes, I wish people would stop liking over something just because it's trendy and they just want to look good of it because I like something when I REALLY LIKE IT.

No, I get irritated by that as well. STOP LIKING THE THINGS I LIKE and find your own stuff.
Dec 29, 2017 11:18 AM

Jun 2012
I probably don't know if people I dislike like the same things I do. Because idc. If they want to talk about those common interests with me it's fine by me even if I find the people annoying. But I wouldn't say it'd be that enjoyable.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Dec 30, 2017 2:40 PM
Dec 2017
Originally my sister hated Marvel but recently she has started to like it. I like geekey things and she likes things like rom-coms and chick flicks. I am OCD and the other day ahe said that she would get us both spiderman homecoming but that would ruin my collection since I have all films except for that one
I don't know if she genuinely likes marvel or if it is just some kind of sick prank on me.
Dec 30, 2017 6:22 PM

Jul 2017
Tokyo Ghoul is mainstream.. so good luck finding an annoying person that doesn't like it.

..That probably sounds mean idk.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What age range do you find the most physically attractive?

Ejrodiew - Apr 11

25 by Lost_Viking »»
36 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

33 by zoeanime13 »»
38 minutes ago

» Has the internet been taking away our free speech?

purple_rayn - Apr 13

35 by PeripheralVision »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Which decade was the worst? ( 1 2 )

H-A-M-M-Y - Mar 27

68 by Sciadopitys »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » How will things look in 40 - 50 years?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 7

34 by IpreferEcchi »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.