Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2016 7:24 PM
Jan 2016
so i got tokyo ghoul recomended by a friend. I loved it. it reminded me of parasyte.but then the ending wtf. why would he join them. anyway i later found out that the next season isnt even following the manga.My question is are they going to make a reboot where they actually follow the manga and when. Also can someone give me a summary of the tokyo ghoul manga? lol this is prob old news to a bunch of you lol.
Jan 24, 2016 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
Haven't heard any news about it. Sorry.

This also should go in the Tokyo Ghoul subforum rather than here in Anime Discussion.
Jan 24, 2016 7:39 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder what Comic_Sans would think about a Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood. I'm pretty sure she mostly hates the anime because of what a shitty job it did at adapting the manga (similar idea to why to hate Grisaia or Corpse Party). At this point it seems hard to imagine Comic_Sans not hating a Tokyo Ghoul anime.
Jan 24, 2016 7:40 PM

Jun 2014
Just read the manga from the Yamori vs Kaneki fights , that's when the anime started to become an insult to the masterpiece that the manga is . i could tell you what happens in the manga but it's so good i'm sure you'd regret the spoiler .
There hasn't been any solid news about a possible season 3 but i'm 100% sure they're will be one because the manga is extremely popular and critically acclaimed . I Really hope it'll be a reboot at least from the Yamori vs Kaneki fight and so i could finally erase TG A from my brain
Jan 24, 2016 7:41 PM

Feb 2013
Wrong forum section.

If you loved the Tokyo Ghoul anime, you'll be blown away by the manga. It's better in every way (but music and animation -_- ). I strongly, strongly suggest reading it yourself.

Also, there's been no news regarding a Tokyo Ghoul anime reboot as of yet.
Jan 24, 2016 7:42 PM
Jan 2016
YukhioAihara said:
Just read the manga from the Yamori vs Kaneki fights , that's when the anime started to become an insult to the masterpiece that the manga is . i could tell you what happens in the manga but it's so good i'm sure you'd regret the spoiler .
There hasn't been any solid news about a possible season 3 but i'm 100% sure they're will be one because the manga is extremely popular and critically acclaimed . I Really hope it'll be a reboot at least from the Yamori vs Kaneki fight and so i could finally erase TG A from my brain
thanks man. Ive never actually read manga before lol. Tokyo ghoul will be my first hopefully its good :)
Jan 24, 2016 7:44 PM

Feb 2013
beastmode24 said:
YukhioAihara said:
thanks man. Ive never actually read manga before lol. Tokyo ghoul will be my first hopefully its good :)

While we're here, I'd suggest starting from the beginning of the manga, as certain events are changed and rearranged in the anime.
Jan 24, 2016 7:47 PM

Jun 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
I'm pretty sure she mostly hates the anime because of what a shitty job it did at adapting the manga.

No, the reason she hates it is because it sucks.
Jan 24, 2016 7:49 PM

Jun 2015
No news about a reboot so far, unfortunately. I'd absolutely love it if they fixed up Tokyo Ghoul's anime, especially the second season.

The first season follows the manga well actually, but a few scenes that were less important were cut out, and Kaneki's motivation is a bit different.

Season 2 of the anime has a lot of scenes from the manga but it's just... played out differently, I guess.

There's also Tokyo Ghoul:re which takes place 3 years after the original series ends. It's a direct sequel.
Jan 24, 2016 7:55 PM

Oct 2014
AltoRoark99 said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I'm pretty sure she mostly hates the anime because of what a shitty job it did at adapting the manga.

No, the reason she hates it is because it sucks.
That's a relief. I was a bit scared for a second there.
Jan 24, 2016 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Definitely read from the beginning, the first season screws with the order of some of the events and I think its for the worse. It also cuts a bunch of scenes with Banjo who is actually relevant in the second half of the manga.
Jan 25, 2016 10:32 AM

May 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
I wonder what Comic_Sans would think about a Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood. I'm pretty sure she mostly hates the anime because of what a shitty job it did at adapting the manga (similar idea to why to hate Grisaia or Corpse Party). At this point it seems hard to imagine Comic_Sans not hating a Tokyo Ghoul anime.

I do not hate him, and he said that the second season was to be an original story.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/tokyo-ghoul-2nd-anime-season-video-teases-new-story-by-creator/.79825
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2016 10:13 PM

Dec 2009
Thanks for this thread guys, I was wondering myself as I completed Tokyo Ghoul myself before yesterday.
Feb 19, 2016 10:18 PM

Sep 2009
If you're talking about Tokyo Ghoul √A, it does follow the manga; it's just more garbage.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.