Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dimension W Episode 3 Discussion

Jan 26, 2016 7:56 AM
Mira is honestly the cutest thing when it comes to her lack of knowledge about the world and human race. But just give her a couple seconds to run it through her database and she will know soon enough.

I think this series has the potential to become a very solid anime. This episode unveiled quite a bit of information in my opinion. We got to get a closer look into the main characters past. We saw that when he went to the store to find a "phone" he gathered info about the coils. When he went to the world tower to talk with the lady that called him there (don't really remember her name) and saw that there was yet another person in power.

I almost positive that all these people that have power are definitely going to come to disagreements.

And for some reason I feel like the main character (still don't remember how to spell his name) is going to have a "Luffy punching the Celestial Dragon in the face" moment and go against all powers above him with mira at his side.

Jan 26, 2016 10:50 AM

I love this serie so far :) This episode gave more informations about the world than action tbh but I liked it. It seems that their world is in trouble. I really want to know more about Kyouma's past tho ;/
Mira <3333

Jan 26, 2016 5:52 PM

I know I do not need to explain why this episode was so freaking funny jajajaja. I loved Kyoma's face in the toilet scene. I imagined him closing the door, and then poking off his eyes xD There's no way to unsee dissss. That little loli girl, omg.... jajaja I couldn't help but laugh hard jajajajaja That was totally unexpected!! And's Mira's reaccion like *Googling it...* "Ohhh...NO!!!" It was awesome.

Yeah, this episode was about Mira being cute and all, it was a slice-of-life kind of thing.

But really, it's a shame it's a 13 episode anime... I think they will rush in the and... that's a shame.

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Jan 26, 2016 7:46 PM

Pretty good episode, nice slow pace focusing more on character interactions.

Jan 26, 2016 8:10 PM

Damn. Kyouma isn't going by many, straight telling her that she's a pile of junk. Sadly, that's pretty much what she literally is :/
In any case, she sure was cute. And her chatting with the little girl was hilarious.

Why is that COO talking in such a cryptic way? What was that incident from Kyouma past?! Goddamn mysterious exposition character!!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jan 26, 2016 8:55 PM

That was a good episode. Really liked when the kids were not scared of her and approached her in the end. It was good to see Kyoma concerned about her too. :D

I hope we don't lose either of them in the end tho. This foreshadowing through out the episode(s) worries me.

Jan 27, 2016 1:42 AM

Maledict said:
*kicks robot girl*

''You're just a piece of junk"

*walks away*

Lmao, this guy...

4/5

...and no one made a reference to "junk in the trunk." It's perfect for a guy with the oldest car in the city, who doesn't care about kicking the latest technology in the behind.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)

Jan 27, 2016 7:28 AM

I admit that this time they are overcome with the narration, certainly the scene "stronger" would be even more effect if they had shown the damage in its brutality. Plot becomes even more interesting, I appreciate the attitude of the protagonist detached but not disaffected against Mira, set design very beautiful for the same drawings and animations, the CG is not bad this time either.

Jan 27, 2016 6:01 PM

A stale episode...nothing really happened except Mira getting her own private room (and old mobile house), getting herself crushed by junk cars plus her head-off! and made friends with kids.
3/5.

Jan 28, 2016 1:17 PM

Why was an android designed to be sitting on the toilet?
Why does an android have "blood" to transfer energy throughout the body? Does an android have any use for vessels that would normally use diffusion to transfer nutrients between membranes? Why isn't she just running on electricity? Why isn't she oiling herself up? I'd oil and grease up my equipment even if I didn't use it, just for maintenance, but she seems to be doing well and getting by with carpet bombing the toilet with nuts and bolts.

Zeando said:

(top-down programming)(bottom-up programming)

She was most likely top-down programmed with a database of facts about all kinds of things: From the cycle of day and night to the movement of her facial carbon-whatever-muscles, from the frequency of the sound she emits to be audible by humans to the force her hands and feet apply while normally interacting with the environment(vs. in combat). It's a lot of data. A huge lot. Even the 3D shape of a chair is inputted into her database, and the ability to determine an object is indeed a chair by comparing two or more angles of the object, as well as initially recognizing it as more than just a pair of lines, squares and smudges.
It would take too much time for a bottom-up AI to learn even something like "sight". You can't just do it with basic algorithms. By the time you create a machine that can learn how to become a "human" in under a human's lifespan, you'd already pour enough data into it to justify just continuing to pour information.

In general I don't understand why they constructed a robot to fulfill a human's role. But I don't understand anything about this world that likes bad physics and robotics so much so whatever.

At the very least Kyouma admits she's a heap of junk.

俺とお前との違いが何だ?!

Jan 28, 2016 2:53 PM

MoonJump said:
to the force her hands and feet apply while normally interacting with the environment

that's one example where pre-programmed informations are not needed, some of the currently existing experimental robots (like asimo of honda) uses an algorithm to calculate how much force to apply, by continuing to apply force until the sensors on the hand tells him it is gripping enough (the tecnical name for that kind of application should be "feedback cycle")

and about force to apply and mira, if there was a predefined value, she didn't look to be programmed well given the slaps she gives :D

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Jan 29, 2016 6:57 AM

This is turning into quite a sleeper hit.

Jan 30, 2016 8:36 AM
How is this not getting more attention? Most underrated show I've seen in a long time. So far it's an easy 8/10

Jan 30, 2016 11:20 AM

Liked the ep but only cause of Kyouma and the information the ep provided.

Forreal tho, I can't be the only that hates Mira, right? I mean, I just have a thing with these bubbly type characters that makes my blood boil. Especially when that character acts in such a way that it inconveniences the mc, this case Kyouma. So I'm really hoping she gets wrecked beyond repair at some point. Also, them kids should've gotten crushed cause they can't seem to listen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Modified by eclipter, Jan 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 30, 2016 8:32 PM

I don't understand the complaints about this episode personally. The chill, SoL-ish nature of this episode was pieced in seamlessly, making for an endearing break from the last two episodes, but for some reason there are still people who don't understand the importance of "uneventful" moments like these to establish the characters' personalities and relax the atmosphere, thereby making the more tense moments even sharper. The contrast between relaxing moments and exciting moments is a must for a thriller/action series.

And disregarding that, this episode was not, in fact, uneventful. The importance of the "Numbers" was revealed, and the Mira's secret identity as a robot escaping their small circle (should be) is very important, especially considering the daughter of the district's chairman or whatever is now "in the know."

Additionally, the people complaining about Mira's identity and assisting upon her insincerity merely because she is a robot seem to be forgetting the concept of "suspension of disbelief." I seriously never have and don't think I ever will understand that complaint leveled at robot-focused sci-fi shows. Like, all of the other completely non-existent elements (such as, you know, there being a "dimension W" being tapped for infinite energy) are ok, but the idea of a robot having genuine feelings, a concept which is, indeed, plausible, is where you draw the line? ok then.

tl;dr gr8 episode again.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Jan 30, 2016 8:43 PM
Towel Attendant

The plot is interesting but the car scenes with the mid 60's Toyota 2000 GT are outstanding! Very nicely drawn million dollar car.

Jan 30, 2016 10:10 PM

Starting to really get into this anime. I never watched an anime as it's currently airing, so I'm looking forward to episode 4.

Mira is really starting to grow on me=)

Jan 31, 2016 4:17 PM

Mira is so cute haha...her reaction is cute too. Damn, where is my robot!
So the New Tesla group did not want the old man to take revenge on them while they kill his family? Such a bullshit.
An eye for an eye, hope at the end of the series, New Tesla is destroy.

Jan 31, 2016 6:30 PM

That trailer was... empty. Interesting info about the "number" coils.

Feb 1, 2016 6:33 AM

Her delight at having her own place for the first time.... ^_^

Fanservice is killing me, but that's okay. The anime is good.

Feb 1, 2016 10:04 PM

That mosaic hahahaha. Mira still acting so cute.
I'm surprised Kyouma could resist it. I won't be long before he falls.

Feb 3, 2016 8:10 PM
ahxiian said:
That mosaic hahahaha. Mira still acting so cute.
I'm surprised Kyouma could resist it. I won't be long before he falls.

I didn't really understand that part. Why was the girls hand censored?

Feb 4, 2016 2:18 AM

Should not have skip the children arc grades... since it's actually shows how fcked up the current world in the series...

Oh well, not that I expect anything much from a 12 eps adaptation

Feb 4, 2016 9:05 AM

Overall, the series is going fine but it seems to be so far away from logic at the moment... I hope it all converges to make sense later because everything is just floating in the air at the moment. Not bad though.

Feb 6, 2016 12:59 PM

Good episode. Mira is pretty cute, and Kyoma is COTS. I'm glad nothing bad resulted from the incident.

Feb 8, 2016 5:17 PM

Man Mira is always too cute.

So end scene came out of no where. I wonder who it was that died and what exactly killed him.

Feb 16, 2016 5:09 AM

The humor in this episode is better than the overall plot :D

Feb 17, 2016 11:20 AM

Mira got a new room!
Her reactions are the cutest! x3

Not as good as the last two eps, but good nonetheless.
Big stuff bout to happen next ep!

Feb 18, 2016 5:04 AM

I wonder why Kyouma hates coils, and why that woman called him the beast of Grendel (or was it not meant to be him?).

Feb 21, 2016 5:12 PM
I wasn't expecting that hand jester.

Mar 1, 2016 5:33 AM

Not as good as ep 2 but sill good.
so far it's 2>3>1

Mar 9, 2016 5:28 PM

Lmao, is it normal for a kid at that age to know what "that" is xD
i wonder if there'll be any romance element with Kyouma and Mira soon
( ゚∀゚)o Favorite: Clannad, Aria, Higurashi, Monster, Idol Anime ✌('ω'✌ )三✌('ω')✌三( ✌'ω')✌
( ゚∀゚)ノ【LOVE】Sonoda Umi & Kisaragi Chihaya .+:。(*≧∇≦*)゚.+:。大好き!!
My old username was superlink1205
”リア充なんてそもそも都市伝説”〜白

Mar 12, 2016 5:58 PM
Too slow-paced for my taste, but I know that similar episodes are necessary.

And I nevertheless enjoyed seeing Mira in everyday situations, and seeing her being happy.

Mar 16, 2016 3:08 PM

Oh my god I love that robot girl! She is so fucking cute!!

Mar 29, 2016 12:24 PM

Pretty decent development, let's see what's next!

May 2, 2016 3:03 AM
COO doesn't seem like a straight villain, good. Granny got real fashion hairstyle. Granddaughter talks in kanto(?) accent.
Maybe Dr moved in the W dimension.
Money part was lol. Mira trolling him unintentionally. No wonder he's pissed.

Jul 6, 2016 3:48 PM
I cant get over how cute this robotgirl is. She makes me wish this was a romance show.

Jul 10, 2016 5:25 PM
Enjoyed the world building. Not sure what to think of that ending though.

Apr 27, 2017 2:31 AM
Heavy use of cg in the matte and static mechanical objects. It's definitely better implementation than most anime.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/

Nov 6, 2017 7:38 PM

OKAYYYY I REALLY LIKE WOMEN WHO CAN KICK BUTTS! MIRA'S DEFINITELY ON MY LIST OF THOSE WAMEN <3

Mar 20, 2018 12:38 AM

This episode was slow and a lot of new information was revealed. We learned that the numbered coils are early versions of later tech. We learned that the doctor vanished (I assume he went to Dimension W and we will see him later). We learned a bit more about the corporation and Kyouma's war experiences.

Mira also bonded with the kids, and tried to learn to "be human". She cleaned up the trailer and bought furniture. She also lost her head, literally.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]