Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2016 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
I finally finished Cowboy Bebop yesterday. I think it took me two years?? And I've been slowly making my way through Gintama for about that long too.

I have a the attention span of a fly, so unless I literally never put the show down then it usually takes a while for me to finish.
Jan 24, 2016 8:18 PM

May 2015
For me it's Fairy Tail(1st series),
Magic Knight Rayearth,
Tsubasa reservoir chronicle,
Kobato,
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya,
Death Parade,
and Clamp School Detectives.

The thing is that I feel overwhelmed by the need to finish them...or that some are so good that I don't want them to end. Then there's ones that I just can't get past some of the 1st episodes.
Jan 24, 2016 8:18 PM

Aug 2012
Kyoukai no Rinne - It just grew boring and repetitive, wish I dropped it.. I think I stopped at ep 23; still and probably won't watch the rest.

Tokyo ESP - I swear I don't even remember what this was about.
Jan 24, 2016 9:19 PM

Apr 2014
Nisekoi simply because it was such poorly designed harem crap. It just felt really mediocre, with overused character personalities and horse shit plot. I literally wanted to hurt someone each time I finished an episode.

I love Shaft though, which is probably why I was all the more aggravated with Nisekoi

Jan 24, 2016 9:42 PM

Dec 2015
Sakagami_Tomoyo said:
Nisekoi simply because it was such poorly designed harem crap. It just felt really mediocre, with overused character personalities and horse shit plot. I literally wanted to hurt someone each time I finished an episode.

I love Shaft though, which is probably why I was all the more aggravated with Nisekoi

Nisekoi is the worst harem I have ever seen. Romance wise they didnt progress a single bit for 2 seasons so I consider it a COMPLETE waste of time. And I love harems :P
Jan 24, 2016 9:55 PM

Mar 2015
Robiiii said:
Sakagami_Tomoyo said:

Nisekoi is the worst harem I have ever seen. Romance wise they didnt progress a single bit for 2 seasons so I consider it a COMPLETE waste of time. And I love harems :P
lol, watch more harem shows dude. if nisekoi is the worst, i bet you not even watch/read 15 harem title.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 24, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2016
psycho pass, Roasario + Vampire and Fairy Tail after episode 55... They all just seem like chores but I know that I will eventually finish them all. Just. Not. Right. Now.
<Marisol>
Jan 24, 2016 9:58 PM
Nov 2014
I know some people might find it weird but I have problem finishing Toaru Majutsu idk why either....
Jan 24, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2015
Kuma said:
Robiiii said:

lol, watch more harem shows dude. if nisekoi is the worst, i bet you not even watch/read 15 harem title.

I have watched 15+ harem's so im good.
Jan 24, 2016 10:12 PM

Apr 2014
Robiiii said:
Kuma said:

Nisekoi is cancerous, but if were talking bad harem anime Nakaimo is right up there with Nisekoi. Another anime that made me want to commit heinous crimes.

Jan 24, 2016 11:00 PM

May 2015
1. Glasslip - Didn’t like the characters (they behave like Preschool kids) - Outcome I was very annoyed with this one, wasted potential...

2. Hidan no Aria AA - A spin off, with the name of Aria (Main character in previous anime) and she isn’t the main character. The series that carry her name. WTF!? + When the story picks up the pace it was too little to late… - Outcome I was very upset with this one...

3. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Not because it was bad, all the contrary… The main reason that I was struggling to finish this anime was because as soon as I realized what was going I was having difficulty swallowing (literary and figurative) every chapter and by the end I was sobbing like a baby. - Outcome I was very satisfied with this anime. Outstanding story telling!
Jan 24, 2016 11:15 PM

Mar 2015
Sakagami_Tomoyo said:
Robiiii said:

Nisekoi is cancerous, but if were talking bad harem anime Nakaimo is right up there with Nisekoi. Another anime that made me want to commit heinous crimes.
ever heard chaos;head? eiken? oniichan no koto blablablaba zenzen blablabla?. maken ki 2? rosario vampire 2? hyakka ryouran? seriously. nisekoi is not that bad. harem is like hole shit with rare diamond. yet i don't really bored of it. most of them are easy to watch.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 24, 2016 11:16 PM

Apr 2013
1. Dragon Ball GT - Horrible pacing and the story shitted on everything Dragonball Z told us before. And it has 64 episodes ._.
2. Shuffle! - Most boring harem of all time, I didn't like a single character in that show.
3. Tenjou Tenge - Flashbacks... flashbacks everywhere. It seemed the story was going backwards, at least the girls were kinda hot.
4. NHK ni Youkoso! - One of the most retarded MCs I've ever seen, if this was supposed to be a parody on otakus it failed hard and only got me bored.
5. Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de - The only good thing about this was that it was only 3 episodes, everything sucked.
Jan 24, 2016 11:19 PM

Oct 2013
pratically everything in my watching and on-hold...

Steins;Gate, it took me about a year to finally finish and I don't remember much of the premise.
Pyscho-Pass, I didn't really like the main protagonists.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, lost interest after they had all grown up.
Jan 24, 2016 11:25 PM

Jan 2016
anything in MAL's top 20 most popular list
Jan 24, 2016 11:27 PM
Jul 2015
Shakugan no shana. I don't want to say it was boring, I enjoyed it. The problem was I felt sleepy lots of times while watching it, dunno why...

Jan 24, 2016 11:27 PM

Feb 2014
Ergo Proxy. It still has one of the best first episodes I've seen in anime, and I was actually enjoying the show, until somewhere around episode 10. After that, the pacing went to hell, the show turned into a series of self-indulgent episodes (that barely had anything to do with the plot), while reducing the characters into simple mouthpieces for the writers to make them spout some philosophical ideas and themes of the show in the most heavy-handed and hamfisted way possible. In the end, I felt like I wasted my time. Time that could've been spent more productively by reading an actual philosophy book.
Jan 24, 2016 11:31 PM

Aug 2015
Atm I have struggles finishing Kill la kill, watching it 3 months already. O_o
Still at ep 8 or smth. lol
I guess, it is because it's not so addicting/interesting enough to convince me to watch it everyday or marathon it. ;P

Jan 24, 2016 11:44 PM

Jan 2014
Silver Spoon Season 2, it's boring and the jokes wasn't funny at all. Gladly the last 3 episodes are good.

And of course Mushishi, it's always be my sleeping pills.
Jan 24, 2016 11:52 PM

May 2014
I'm currently struggling to finish Sailor Moon Crystal. It's so boring and I really want to drop it. But no, I will never drop an anime.
Jan 25, 2016 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
Sp4zzy said:
Bakemonogatari. Never again. Boring as hell.

baited so hard.

GreenSoap said:
Fuchsia said:
struggled to finish yu yu hackusho in the end. felt like a choir.
Yeah man, I could have just as easily watched Glee, or gone to church, to get the same choir action as in YYH.

Yeah dude, might as well just watch an anime for a singing MC like Celty in Drrr
Jan 25, 2016 1:21 AM

Mar 2014
Sounds like fun..I actually struggled with lots of shows in the past but eventually finished them or dropped them. I will not count the dropped ones because they have obvious reason why I struggled.

Akame ga Kill - the last 10 episodes were really bad and the average plot with average animation on a weekly basis with that many people hyping it made it really hard to finish. Had to pause it and watch the last episodes in one go.

Aldnoah.Zero - everytime I try to watch mecha this happens. It wasn't appealing to me at all, I don't know how I actually finished it.

Assassination Classroom - this show is extremely boring with unappealing characters. I just waited for Koro sensei to be badass and fuck everything up. Turned out he plays a silly teacher.

Baccano - the unchronologial storytelling took the fun out of the show for me to follow and enjoy it.

Bleach after Aizen Saga

Devil Survivor 2 - this is so bad. I remember I only watched it because KoL was reviewing it but it was just that bad that I thought I will simply halfheartedly finish it.

Fate/stay night UBW - I thought I could sit through the show with badass fights and great animation. But was a lie. The show is 90% boring talk from silly little kids battling psychopaths with their vassals.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - that was also hard. This was the first anime where I had to endure a bunch of girls with a weak ass male character and that little girl that talks like a pipsqueak.

InuYasha - I was forced to sit through it. I wanted to drop it but in the end I watched it and it payed off fortunately.

K - weeaboos could watch and praise it, I can't.

Lupin III - I like oldschol but this was definitely too old for me. It had really simplistic animation and it wasn't that interesting considering its an episodic show.

Magic Kaito 1412 - it was filled with lots of filler compared to the OVA and it turned out something I didn't expect or like.

Needless - this show tries so hard to be badass but in reality its a bitchy mc with his badass partner whose villain is his copy so he copies the abilities of his copy to win. This is stretched into 24 episodes.

Nurarihyon no Mago - the worst shounen anime ever. I sat through the show because I thought something badass might happen. In reality its a show with brutal fights without blood, and a weak MC who relies on his transformation were he doesn't really fight but one shots every villain. B&B BORING AND BAD.

Samurai Champloo - had problem during the middle of the show because the shows tended to be really boring.

Seitokai Yakuindomo - it turned out something what I absolutely didn't want. But in the end I managed to finish it.

Serial Experiments Lain - the atmosphere of the show gave me the impression "don't want anymore, you're not welcome here, watch something else and drop me" it was really hard especially because the first episodes don't have any cliffhanger or anything that makes you watch more, instead you don't understand anything and watch more to understand but get disappointed.

Steins;Gate - although the theme or time travel is very appealing and interesting, the execution was not to my liking. I wanted serious mind blowing stuff, instead I got little girls, a fat hentai nerd and a mad scientist. Like seriously whats this its like packing adult themes into a kids show.

Sword Art Online - can't even recall the last 12 episodes because I watched them without paying attention.

Tokyo ESP - the first episode looked promising but the female MC destroyed my dreams. A worse version of X-Man in anime format and extremely bad execution.

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei- Although only 11 episodes, it was hard for me to focus or really enjoy the show because I had to pause every time just to catch up with the subtitles. The pacing was too fast so I often had to take a break from it.
Jan 25, 2016 1:40 AM

Jan 2016
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - I dropped it after Episode 10 but there was only a few episodes left so I finished it... praying it would end soon so I could watch something else.
Jan 25, 2016 1:43 AM
Jun 2015
@-AnoKata

You insulted Koro Sensei D:
Jan 25, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2015
any anime that was aired in our local tv in 90s, they fucking go back to episode 1 when the anime is reaching the end.
internet is a cruel mistress
Jan 25, 2016 2:46 AM

Mar 2015
Never struggled to finish anything. I drop the series when the going gets tough.
Jan 25, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2009
Aldnoah.Zero. Just soooooooo bad.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 25, 2016 3:14 AM

May 2014
・ Full Metal Panic
・ Boku wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
・ Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
・ InuYasha
・ Kimi to Boku
・ Kimi to Boku 2
・ Kokoro FUCKING Connect (took 3 months)
・ Mirai Nikki
・ NHK ni Youkoso
・ Shinsekai yori (Don't get me wrong, show was a masterpiece, I was just too stupid to understand at the time.)
・ Shuffle
・ Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Haruhi was pretty bad when you hit that deadly 8. (or was it deadly 7 or 6?)
cumshotz said:
the closest i've been to being struck by lightning was being anally penetrated by an older man dressed up as zeus.
Jan 25, 2016 3:55 AM

Jun 2012
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
I'm currently stuck at Episode 06. Why? Because after I watched 0079 all the way to ZZ (including the in-between OVAs), I've become too paranoid of seeing nudity on Gundam series in general - and I heard SEED is quite notorious for showing a lot of those mature situations. I'm watching Gundam for its storyline, characters, and robot actions, not for woman bewbs, dammit!

- SKET DANCE
That show was a fun ride, but for some reason I suddenly lost interest of it. It's been a few years since I put it on-hold, and still I wasn't able to continue watching it.

- Aikatsu!
Believe it or not, I struggled through the 2nd season of that show (I even had to skip some episodes intentionally). That's because of that damned Mary Sue "Seira Yamato". Even though it is a kids show, having such a Mary Sue is a big no-no.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Jan 25, 2016 4:22 AM
May 2009
Ergo Proxy - Its the only show I remember that I could not marathon in one sitting without falling asleep. The show had a lot of impressive visuals, but it was also really, really dull.
Jan 25, 2016 4:36 AM

Oct 2014
Probably Jigoku Shoujo. I dunno why, it sounds like a cool concept but it's just hard for me to get into for some reason.

Also Fate/stay night. I can't fucking stand Shirou. That one character makes me not want to finish it...
アル晴レタ日ノ事
魔法以上のユカイが 
限りなく降りそそぐ 不可能じゃないわ
Jan 25, 2016 6:11 AM

Sep 2012
Amagami SS... while watching same thing over and over every few episodes something died a little inside of me I just kept skipping every few moments toward the end just so I can finish it

Seikon no Qwaser... yep, that's just not my thing but I started watching because Sasha looked interesting and I just haven't researched it enough before watching

Gintama... while I like serious arcs and some humorous episodes the rest is just... not my type of humor so it took me a long time to finish it or should I say make myself watch it
Jan 25, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2015
Ergo Proxy - Don't really know why because I basically like it. Haven't finished it yet. Usually watch max. a couple of episodes and then put it back on my On-hold-list. Might finish it someday.
Jan 25, 2016 9:59 AM

Aug 2014
It took me 3 months to finish Shoujo kakumei Utena, It was kinda difficult to watch, I needed to analys every episode.
Jan 25, 2016 10:55 AM

Nov 2015
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Its just so stupid

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou: 1 of the most boring animes in history

Kokoro connect: Same as Danshi
MY ANIME LIST

Jan 25, 2016 11:04 AM

Oct 2013
I struggle to finish most anime due to sheer laziness. It doesn't correlate to how much I like the anime either; I finished most of my favorite anime rather quickly, but I also managed to marathon IS which was pretty frustrating, to say the least.

Anime I have struggled to start would include Bake, Hokuto no Ken and LoGH. Again, not because I don't think I'd enjoy them, just due to laziness.
MayjaplayaJan 25, 2016 11:07 AM
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Jan 25, 2016 11:15 AM
Dec 2015
Wasn't there a similar topic about this not so long ago? my memorey sucks ;_;
Anyway, Kill la Kill - that was just way too boring...
And Nodame, really wanted to like it but same as Kill la Kill, was so boring i couldn't watch it anymore and i stopped half way through the first season.
Jan 25, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
This doesn't really count because it is still airing and probably will be for a long time, but... the Pokemon anime. I just got into the series about a year ago and with an 800+ episode anime and counting, it's been really hard for me to get caught up. Especially while watching several other anime in-between. I usually just watch Pokemon when I'm not feeling like watching something new at the moment. I've watched over 400 episodes since last February though, so I'm about halfway through. I've also seen 7 of the movies as well as Chronicles and Origins, and several of the shorts that I've been able to find. I hope I can finish the rest by year's end, especially since I have a lot of other things on my plan to watch and on-hold lists that I'd like to get through/finish this year.
Jan 25, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2016
That would be Kanon and Guilty Crown ... Kanon was recommended to me after I finished Clannad, I thought it'll be similar but well ... Anyway, I just felt like I had to finish what I've started.
Jan 25, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
Codea Geass. I even marked it as dropped for now. I was thinking about it yesterday because I like some aspects of the show, but the majority of it bores me to tears.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jan 25, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2014
Anything Moe lmao, god those things can get cringy
There’s no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable, the accidental
and the things we do.
Jan 25, 2016 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
Zetsuen no Tempest - It try really hard to finish this anime, it bored me to death
Code Geass - I succeeded to finish just first season, at the second season i haven't could resist
Shinreigari: Ghost Hound - I keep it on-hold but i think i will dropped this anime...it's really boring
Jan 25, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2014
I'd say Fate/Stay Night UBW was pretty difficult to finish, as was The Fruit of Grisaia.
K Project also got pretty tedious towards the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2016 2:38 PM

Dec 2015
I stuggled to finish Darker than Black. I finished the first season (with diffuculty), and I tried to watch the second season but I just couldn't. I found it very boring.
Jan 25, 2016 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
I've currently being struggling to finish NGE, I probably just too lazy to finish it now. Have it finished it yet and it's been on my list for 2 years now
Jan 25, 2016 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
Rei said:
I've currently being struggling to finish NGE, I probably just too lazy to finish it now. Have it finished it yet and it's been on my list for 2 years now

I guess it get's harder and harder to watch. Can't blame you.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 25, 2016 4:21 PM

Jan 2016
Nisekoi xD
Watched episode 1, 4 months later, now im on episode 6.
Not because I dislike it (i really like it, and team onodera) but because i always forgets it exists for like a month at a time
Jan 25, 2016 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
I've been watching Touch for like almost 3 years now.
Not really a struggle as much as just wanting to watch other things more, though.
Jan 25, 2016 4:40 PM

Apr 2014
it took me like 2 or 3 years to finish hitman reborn it was so boring
Jan 25, 2016 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Watamote - It is painful to watch and even though I've reached 11 episodes I still refuse to finish it, however I believe that one day I will.

Shirobako - I watched the 1st episode as a trial, hence I did not put it on the list, but it really never caught my attention into finishing it.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

95 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
6 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

66 by BatoKusanagi »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by BatoKusanagi »»
5 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 44 minutes ago

1 by MeanMrMusician »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

31 by BatoKusanagi »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.