Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 6, 2016 4:49 AM
Aug 2015
Robiiii said:
Is there an anime that you have struggled to finish? Reasons for it could be anything, ranging from plot that goes nowhere, boring, cant find time to actually watch it etc. Note that the currently airing ones DO NOT COUNT, because they are still ongoing, thus it has no end (yet). The end result can be both satisfying or not, mention some anime that was worth the struggle if u have any :)

Edit:It looks like Clannad is the hardest one to finish.

For me personally the hardest sht to complete was Saekano & Asterisk.

really?......aekano & Asterisk ware fun to watch
Mar 6, 2016 4:55 AM

Aug 2013
Right now, I'm trying to finish Darker Than Black. It's been about 2 years since I started it and I'm only on chapter 16. Hell made anime.
Mar 6, 2016 4:58 AM

Oct 2015
Slice of life anime can be a real bore, sometimes I feel like falling asleep halfway through an episode.
Mar 6, 2016 5:02 AM

Dec 2015
DoctorSexy said:
Robiiii said:
Is there an anime that you have struggled to finish? Reasons for it could be anything, ranging from plot that goes nowhere, boring, cant find time to actually watch it etc. Note that the currently airing ones DO NOT COUNT, because they are still ongoing, thus it has no end (yet). The end result can be both satisfying or not, mention some anime that was worth the struggle if u have any :)

Edit:It looks like Clannad is the hardest one to finish.

For me personally the hardest sht to complete was Saekano & Asterisk.

really?......aekano & Asterisk ware fun to watch

It was just very boring...even tho i love harem animu
Idk how they managed to make interesting stuff like *how to make a game* into the most uninteresting thing ever. The best way i can describe it is *How to gather a team to make a game - The Anime* and thats what it was.
I just hope the S2 of both Asterisk & Saekano will be much better. Or atleast a lil bit more entertaining :p
Mar 6, 2016 5:04 AM
Jul 2015
I'm having a very hard time finishing Cowboy Bebop atm.
hi
Mar 6, 2016 5:05 AM

Dec 2015
Appilesh said:
Slice of life anime can be a real bore, sometimes I feel like falling asleep halfway through an episode.

Stick more to action animu and u should be fine :p
Mar 6, 2016 5:09 AM

Jul 2015
Slice of life anime are really boring
some action are also so boring overlord/log horizon for example
any anime with uninteresting plot
Mar 6, 2016 7:36 AM

May 2015
Dort said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

You mean that 3-4 girls having a crush on Izumi isn't a harem?

izumi has never shown any interest expect for Murano, is not an harem

Doesn't matter. The mere facts girls fall so easily for him puts it very close to harem.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 6, 2016 7:40 AM
Nov 2015
Started Seitokai Yakuindomo* a few days ago, first season was great, but the second season - as of right now (6/13 in) - is pretty boring
Mar 6, 2016 7:44 AM

Jul 2011
TheBrainintheJar said:
Dort said:

izumi has never shown any interest expect for Murano, is not an harem

Doesn't matter. The mere facts girls fall so easily for him puts it very close to harem.

Come on the rilevant girls are only two, the other girl is here only to point out the change in Izumi and appear only one or two episodes for few minutes
Mar 6, 2016 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Psycho-Pass 2 was a pain to finish, but I made it! Hurray!

Tokyo Ghoul √A is another one. It's probably the only anime I've ever wanted to drop during the last freaking episode...
Mar 6, 2016 8:05 AM
Mar 2016
A LOT!
Especially HunterxHunter, the Blue Exorcist and Seraph of the eden.
Mar 6, 2016 8:09 AM

Jul 2015
I failed at finishing the last episode of Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 6, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2015
SodiumChloride said:
chose manga instead. the anime adaptation is abomination anyways.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 6, 2016 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
Bakemonogatari. It was quite confusing, and I didn't really know what was going on. Then i held a break from it and when i came back it made even less sense.

But i will finish it. Some day
Mar 6, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2015
Kuma said:
SodiumChloride said:
chose manga instead. the anime adaptation is abomination anyways.

I had started reading the manga before it aired .Part of why I didn't even bother .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 6, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2016
Hey! I used to struggle with watching anime but I stopped doing this.
I mean, you don't have to finish it if you don't like it/feel like it.
>its entertainment, not homework x)

But there was that confusing mind-evoking series which called: Serial Experiments Lain
It's very interesting! But I was slightly depressed at the time.
>not in a philosophical mood .-.
Which made it difficult to finish and fully enjoy the experience.
Mar 6, 2016 3:19 PM

Feb 2015
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Tekkon Kinkreet.
Kefka1134Mar 6, 2016 3:24 PM
Mar 6, 2016 4:45 PM
Aug 2015
Mahouka Rettousai - The initial setting is cool, but when the same scene repeated over 20+ episodes, I got tired. Someone please beat the MC once, just so he can have a competant rival. I don't really mind the squicky blatant incest element. At least they don't act on it.

Black Bullet - Tried to, but can't. Then they add sequel hook at the end. Damn!

Haruhi - Endless Eight. What do you have against us? Why made this storyline? Curse you!

Samurai X, season 3 - After such an epic battle at Kyoto, they continously produced sub-par episode (in exception of christian arc), reminiscing Season 1. What a letdown. Adding to the insult, they didn't adapt the conclusive arc, and Studio Deen got the balls to made OVA specifically to end Himura life in tragic end.

Naruto Shippuden - Ongoing episodes. C'mon, the manga ended, they even gave us the Last Naruto-centered movie. And now you're re-telling Itachi story? Do it on other time!
Mar 6, 2016 11:54 PM

May 2015
Dort said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Come on the rilevant girls are only two, the other girl is here only to point out the change in Izumi and appear only one or two episodes for few minutes

It's not a big aspect. It's not a full-blown harem but when so many girls fall for Izumi (Murano's two friend also express attraction to him), it makes me take all the seriousness less seriously. Don't have a character be a sex-bomb without addressing the theme of sexuality - its winners and losers.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 7, 2016 1:13 AM

Dec 2015
themogens said:
Bakemonogatari. It was quite confusing, and I didn't really know what was going on. Then i held a break from it and when i came back it made even less sense.

Its not that hard, but the confusion is real o.O
Mar 7, 2016 4:29 AM

Jan 2015
Robiiii said:
themogens said:

Its not that hard, but the confusion is real o.O

Yeah, it sounds like it is totally worth it, so i just gotta pull myself together!
Mar 7, 2016 6:58 AM

Dec 2015
KhannUr said:
It's taken me ages to finish Your Lie in April. I'll eventually get around to it. Also, I have tried like, 3 times to finish Chrome Shelled Regios. I like it up to the point I reach, but always get distracted by life of something and don't watch it for along time, then have to retry later, but don't finish it again. And had to try a couple times to finish Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it was definitely worth finishing though, there's just so many episodes, same with Kenichi

YLiA is a rather deep show, mostly focusing on emotions n sht. Its also VERY helpful when ur into music like myself (u dont have to be into classical music, i like edm music and i can relate to em even tho classic & edm r completely different)
I havent seen the ending myself, but without a doubt its gonna be marvelous <3
Mar 7, 2016 3:32 PM
Dec 2015
Josine said:
I still struggle to finish Death Note, no idea why maybe because I managed to spoil myself.

Me too!! Actually the only reason I finished watching it is because of the spoilers.
Mar 7, 2016 3:35 PM
Dec 2015
Animes I struggled with include:
NANA
Anime I am struggling with:
Mysterious Girlfriend X ( really gross)
Log Horizon
My Love Story
Arakawa under the Bridge
Mar 7, 2016 3:41 PM

Dec 2015
Konte said:
Saekano - bored me so much...I always felt asleep every episode...(Finished in 15 or 16 days )...

HENTAI OUJI - so boring.... (6 days )

Steins;Gate - boring at times ( downloaded it 4 months ago and watched 3 episodes only/ considering to drop )

Arcana Famiglia ~ 1st ep was awesome...after that all episodes was garbage evel ( after 3 weeks, I completed it [ summer 2015 ]
S;G doesn't really get going until episode 10/11 (if I remember it right). I was wondering what all the hype was about until I got there and suddenly it all made sense.

tcpcat said:
Josine said:
I still struggle to finish Death Note, no idea why maybe because I managed to spoil myself.

Me too!! Actually the only reason I finished watching it is because of the spoilers.
I really enjoyed Death Note when I watched it a few years ago, but I'm rewatching it now and every episode feels like a chore. I don't think it's aged that well, even though it isn't that old.
Mar 7, 2016 3:48 PM

Aug 2015
Baby Steps Season 2..

The character development and story is so slow...
Mar 7, 2016 4:00 PM

Nov 2015
Acchi Kocchi was so incredibly boring that I dropped it 5 different times. The only reason I forced myself to finish it was because I wanted to see if the romance went anywhere
Mar 7, 2016 5:04 PM

Sep 2015
Many many anime.
Among the last seen I have to say "gekkan shoujo nozaki kun" wasn't that easy.
Mar 7, 2016 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Off the top of my head:

...were a chore to motivate myself to finish.
KruszerMar 7, 2016 6:23 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 7, 2016 7:31 PM
Feb 2016
Mirai Nikki (Future Diary), the anime just got creepier and creepier, which made me lose any prior interest in it.

Mar 8, 2016 3:20 AM

Dec 2015
Rhapsodisity said:
Mirai Nikki (Future Diary), the anime just got creepier and creepier, which made me lose any prior interest in it.

That was the whole point of it <.<
Didnt u see the horror tag (even tho i consider it very weak horror)
Mar 8, 2016 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
In no particular order

Mar
Nurarihyon no Mago
Shinsekai yori
Kekkaishi
Rave Master

For some of them it was pacing and for others I thought I would be interested but just wasn't. However, I typically put things on my waiting list that are not of particular interest but not awful either so that I can come back and watch them if I can't find anything else at a given time. These particular shows are just the ones that I have come back to while in a slump.
Mar 8, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2015
RsNavlaan said:
Acchi Kocchi was so incredibly boring that I dropped it 5 different times. The only reason I forced myself to finish it was because I wanted to see if the romance went anywhere

Did it tho? Can i has some spoilers? :3
(Post a spoiler tag or send me a message if u decide to tell me :3 )
Mar 8, 2016 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
Bokura ga Ita... I was dying in front of my computer every episode... But I finsihed it somehow.
Mar 8, 2016 10:00 AM
Aug 2015
I've started watching FMA:B last year and still don't plan on finishing it.

Atm, I'm having trouble with Code Geass, but I'm sure I'll finish it because I want to know who exactly is C.C.

Higurashi was a pain to finish, especially since it's two seasons 25 episodes each.

Fate/Zero was sort of a pain, but redeemed itself by episode 10, I believe. The second season is amazing though.

Neon Genesis Evangelion because of the bad animation...

After being mind-blown by its first episode, I initially dropped Shinsekai Yori at episode 4, because I really disliked how the Queerats looked, especially the queen. I only picked it up again because I read that the main cast would be in same-sex relationships, which kind of intrigued me to know how it would lead to that.
Mar 8, 2016 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
There are many series like Arakawa Under the Bridge, Baccano, Darker than Black and Paranoia Agent, that I enjoy but cannot watch several episodes in a row. It can take me half a year to finish a 12 ep series like that. Tbh I don't think there's anything wrong in watching a series slowly. They're usually aired only once a week anyway, so watching an episode once in a while may fit some anime better than binge-watching it all at once.

Then there are those crappy shows where I almost have to force myself to continue. Like how I REALLY REALLY wanted to like Shakugan no Shana (because I love some of the OPs and EDs), but it's just such a slow, pointless show filled with nothing but cliches and weird magical terms.
Mar 8, 2016 3:39 PM

Apr 2015
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal. (Ugh. >_>)
Soul Eater NOT. (AND! My favorite Manga is less enjoyable from this existing. >_>)
Every Bleach Movie. (I predicted how each one would end... Which is no great feat, because Bleach is Bleach. =.=)
Nisekoi. (Well that was a waste of time! ^_^)
To Love-Ru. (I swear to god, if Yami didn't exist this would be the first show I dropped. O.O)
Mar 8, 2016 8:55 PM

Oct 2013
Any anime that doesn't have a second season dubbed is a struggle to finish for me.

On a side note, i suffered to complete lupin series 2 since they stop dubbing it halfway through, it was torture for a dub only viewer like me but i still managed through, luckily the last ep was dubbed since it was a ghibli special so i guess it all ended in a good note.
Mar 8, 2016 9:13 PM
Feb 2016
Fairy Tail, I started watching it last year of December. :(
Mar 8, 2016 9:36 PM

Feb 2016
Sword Art Online, became a bit of struggle through out the second arc for me.

If Movies count; the first two Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movies were kinda hard for me. I watched the series on netflix then moved to the movies but it was too boring watching like a 1 hour long recap... I didn't finish until several months later when the plot kinda evaded me.

Haven't had anything else, If I dislike the it too much I'll drop it and won't finish but I typically don't run into that. I've only had that with SnK (AoT) and that was because I just wasn't comfortable watching Titans... dropped after first episode ending. Not for me. Gaming is one thing but I don't really want to see it during a anime experience. I was only giving it a try because again.. Hype. Curiosity got the best of me when it popped up in Netflix Recommendations.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Mar 8, 2016 10:34 PM

Nov 2015
Robiiii said:
RsNavlaan said:

Did it tho? Can i has some spoilers? :3
(Post a spoiler tag or send me a message if u decide to tell me :3 )

Mar 9, 2016 12:58 AM

Mar 2016
Akame ga kill !! Liked the anime , but everything went down after ep 19 , still struggling to finish it ...
Mar 9, 2016 6:15 AM

Jan 2014
Hikari-Chii said:
Hyouka, Mekakucity Actors, Highschool of the Dead and Diabolik Lovers.

Hyouka was extremely boring and the others were just horrible to watch.

Ummhh, nooo why you include my all time favorite there? haha
Welp, i guess character development story is not one of your liking then...

Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu!
Mar 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2015
Soul Eater! Took me six months to finally finish it.
Mar 9, 2016 12:38 PM
Mar 2016
One Piece because almost every episode is a struggle with pacing and a gamble with animation quality but I love the manga too much to not watch the anime xD
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

25 by Kdog1998 »»
5 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
13 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
18 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.