Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2015 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, woah, everyone, calm your tits. Sure, what Ryoko said was totally wrong, tactless and mean, but why that lynching?

superchan said:
fuck that yoko bitch
i hope she die on the same way

She deserve death?! Are some of you insane? Or are you all part of the same drama club? Just by saying that, you're more awful than her, and I sure don't want or think you deserve death. Goddamnit, people who say things like overreact way too much. I find it funny because a 9 year old kid reacted way better than you, and probably better than me too. He forgave her? So what? She didn't said that his father was a trash, she just said something plain stupid, even blatantly against her own experiance as a pitcher (because a pitcher should know that someone can't dodge a ball that fast if you're going for a hit) because of her adoration for someone. We all had a phase like that when we were kid, where someone we loved was a hero, and someone who blammed him for something was always wrong.

There is that comment that I found hilarious too.

HawthorneKitty said:
I used to think that Ryoko was quite the cute character, but now now bitch alarm is sounding off. Seriously, does her view on that incident change because she knows someone who is related?

I want Mr. Gibson to come up to her and smack her, or dead ball her in the face.

What? Seriously? What does that even mean? Of course, your view change when someone you know is related to an incident. That's what we are, HUMANS, reacting and getting influenced with emotions and feelings. What are you, somekind of robot?

Here, a quick exemple : you look at the TV news and you see a plane crash. You think to yourself : ''Eh, that's sad, but shit happen.''
Then, you receive a call from your mom saying if you are watching the news and you tell her : ''Yeah, plane crash happen time to time. Nothing to make a big fuss out of it.''
She tell you that your father had that plane flight number, will you just say : ''Yeah, as I said, plane crash happen time to time. Nothing to make a big fuss out of it.''
Of course not, your view on the incident totally change because of it. Why? Because someone related to you is a victim of it. See? Not difficult to understand right?

Seriously, for some reasons, this thread look as bad as a youtube comment section.
But you know what? I'll end that rant by saying that this is also part of being human, overreacting because of our emotions. And that's good. But I just hope that you people who say things like that look back at your comment and tell yourself : ''Hey, that was pretty stupid what I said.''
minouneetzoeJun 26, 2015 10:21 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 20, 2015 10:48 PM

Jun 2009
you people need to go outside and smell the roses. there's nothing wrong with what ryouko said from her perspective and there's nothing wrong with goro forgiving her that easily.
Aug 6, 2015 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, this series really does dramatic scenes well.
Aug 14, 2015 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
Ryoko isn't a bitch, just a victim of the author's convenience. The author realised that his main heroine (Shimizu) was less liked than the other pretender, so he had Ryoko say something like that to crush the Goro/Ryoko shipping, while at the same time remodeling Shimizu's character, making her more combative and likeable... And now everyone is content with Shimizu, despite her being completely horrible before. You all fell for the trap. Now you will all cheer for Shimizu. Job well done.

The reason Goro forgave her so easily is obvious : prejudice towards cute girls. If it was another dude that said that, he would've become Goro's mortal enemy, but since it's a cute girl everything's fine in the end...

I really hope they won't win the next match. It would be way to much of a stretch.
Oct 15, 2015 3:27 AM

Aug 2015
Goro should ask Joe to dead ball her in the face as hard as he fucking can and see if she can dodge it the bitch, or atleast have Joe destroy her dreams saying "you are horrible" or "quit now you're wasting your time"
pushover MC, please die.
Dec 20, 2015 10:49 PM

Mar 2015
Ryoko is a bitch. It's no ones fault, batter or pitcher when the batter gets hit by a pitch. Unless the pitcher does it on purpose.
Mar 22, 2016 12:19 AM

Mar 2012
Lmao I can't believe she said that in front of Goro xD Was not expecting that at all which is probably why I found it hilarious.

I wouldn't go as far as to call her a bitch, wtf people she's just a kid who seems to idolize Gibson, but that was definitely pretty careless wording on her part. Putting all the fault on Goro's dad for not dodging an unexpected deadbal,l which was a fastball, is just stupid. She only apologized after finding out Goro was his son but at least it she looked like she really regretted saying something like that.

One thing I didn't expect is how mature Goro keeps acting during these situations. Good to see he didn't hold a grudge about it and forgave her.
Apr 16, 2016 5:07 AM

Feb 2013
They are slowly improving.
Shimizu is the catcher for this game, she practiced a lot, I really like her.
Aug 27, 2016 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
I can't believe all the stupidity in this thread lmao. And I don't think that Goro got mad at Ryoko, it was just too painful hearing something like that. She doesn't know his dad and idolizes the man who killed him, of course she'll side with Gibson and try to make him completely white. And you need to take into account that she's also just 11 years old. She doesn't understand how difficult it would be to even dodge it, because she's just a child.

Ryoko wasn't a bitch at all, having a different view from someone doesn't make you an ass, it's your attitude and the way you present that view that makes you one. If she tried proving her point to Goro, that would make her a bitch. Instead she apologized to him right away.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 10, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2016
I can see why Gorou would be mad,the way Ryoko phrased it wasn't appropriate,but she obviously didn't have any ill intentions.

Still pretty awesome of him to forgive her so easily.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 3, 2018 3:25 AM

Jul 2010
ZetaZaku said:
Ryoko wasn't a bitch at all, having a different view from someone doesn't make you an ass, it's your attitude and the way you present that view that makes you one. If she tried proving her point to Goro, that would make her a bitch. Instead she apologized to him right away.

mfw people in this thread makes it like Ryoko was actively trying to hurt Goro's feelings, she didn't even know!

Can't wait for the next game, seems like it will be the final game of this season.
Feb 12, 2018 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
This thread was hilarious! I love the irony of those thinking that she is a bitch.. or she even deserves death.. what the heck!

First thing that came to my mind when she said that was "Uh oh," then the second thing I thought of, and brace yourselves.. SHE IS 9 YEARS OLD! My God, we all have said really dumb shit like that before because we were kids and would stand by an idol no matter what (fans of Logan Paul are still defending him.. and they're kids).

I'm also not sure you guys know what a "bitch" is. Bitches are girls that need direction and you have to remind them how to do everything your way. They're treated like they are something special, due to looks, and you're the one that has to put them in their place and show them their looks mean nothing. "Bitches" who cannot get over that glom to you because you must know something they don't.. and you do.

So Ryoko is far from a bitch. She chased down Goro to apologize and was sincere. She did not need Toshi to prompt her to do that, which a bitch would usually have to be. This show has been great so far!
mshea1213Feb 12, 2018 8:00 PM
Mar 6, 2018 4:06 AM

Apr 2016
Geez this thread...calling a child a bitch and saying she should die, she's a child, grow up, she reacted very similar to a child in that situation. I mean from outsiders point of view not knowing Goro as a character, I would say that is a fair statement bit harsh, but she also has been idolizing Gibson for years, so obviously she'll defend him. It's what children do to your idols.
Apr 20, 2018 5:29 AM

Dec 2015
The video actually froze at the moment where she said that it was the batter's fault for not dodging it, and I was like "oh shit" xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Cmon, cant understand the hate. Ryoko said something really stupid to the wrong person, I agree. But those kids by themselfe already said, that the batter has to avoid the ball. Btw. its just a opinion and wishing her a dead ball is not any better.

I think the mistake she spoke will push her to the right direction. No hate, I think she was really friendly after all, running after Goro, apologizing and even crying ture tears.

The next (and probably last) game for this season!
My only regret is having regrets!
Nov 17, 2019 8:24 PM

Sep 2018
Mwahahah Shimizu always the comedic one, she's still funny lol I love how strong Shimizu is. She never give up and always try first before judging it.

Maehara always the annoying kid :/
Jun 9, 2020 12:27 PM
Dec 2018
I feel as if no one remembers anything from past episodes. Goro's own father said it was the batter's fault for not dodging as a kid. That's literally was one of the things that got Goro to recover from his deadball fear.
Oct 15, 2021 3:36 AM

Jul 2015
Its cool seeing daring Shimizu picking up the catcher position (making her more useful)

Ryoko's victim blaming caught me offguard there and while idolising Gibson isn't bad it really pissed me off with her saying Goro's dad should've just dodged the 160 km/h ball.

Dec 11, 2021 3:35 AM

Aug 2017
The drama in this anime is bad and convenient. During the last episode we had an unrealistic dad with an unrealistic team. Now, the author created a character just for drama. Also please stop with the romance in this anime, it doesn't work.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 16, 2023 8:02 AM
Sep 2016
The resolution is "i'm sorry i said that to you specifically" and not "it's wrong to think it's the victim's fault for being murdered".

Granted Joe Gibson didn't do it on purpose i just hate the immediate forgiveness for shallow behavior. It's just one of those tropes that irritates me.

"The Innocent Love Interest (2nd string LI in this case) Must Be Forgiven Even Though They Act Like an Asshole and Do Shitty Things"
May 16, 2023 8:09 AM
Sep 2016
Nurguburu said:
The drama in this anime is bad and convenient. During the last episode we had an unrealistic dad with an unrealistic team. Now, the author created a character just for drama. Also please stop with the romance in this anime, it doesn't work.
It was shitty, convenient and poorly written but I can't say the dad was unrealistic. At least where I'm from parents take Little League/Kids Sports deadly serious for some ungodly reason. Supporting your kid and even encouraging them to keep playing a sport they don't like is one thing (sometimes you just don't like things you're bad at or don't understand and you grow to like it) but some people just really rag on their kids about Acting, Sports, Dance all kinds of 'dumb' stuff.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 5 Discussion

Knave - May 14, 2009

33 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - May 14, 2009

103 by arcticmontys »»
Feb 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Is there Romance in this series.

_winterbear_ - Sep 14, 2022

4 by Unowen »»
Sep 14, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 17 Discussion

TowardsTheStars - Apr 20, 2012

21 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 3, 2022 9:50 PM

Poll: » Major S1 Episode 7 Discussion

Knave - May 14, 2009

26 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 2, 2022 11:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.