Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2016 1:03 AM

Nov 2015
Every single character in this show is an idiot. What were the creators thinking? "Let's piss off as many people as possible and make the worst plot ever!"

I'm done.

You can't like this show. They made it so that you will hate it so much that it will promote itself. They want you to tell your friends "Dude, watch this anime. It's not good, it's actually horrible, but you'll hate it so much that you'll keep watching it. I know it sounds weird but just do it."

I finished the series today.

AszaleeJan 22, 2016 1:08 AM
fuck
Jan 22, 2016 1:06 AM

Apr 2013
Well at least you made it to episode 2 ^^
Jan 22, 2016 1:10 AM
Jun 2015
Kotonoha isn't an idiot. She's my waifu.
Jan 22, 2016 1:18 AM

Feb 2013
Could you provide some examples of when they acted like idiots? Lots of realistic shit going on in the anime imo.
eturnityJan 22, 2016 1:23 AM
Jan 22, 2016 1:35 AM

Nov 2015
eturnity said:
Could you provide some examples of when they acted like idiots? Lots of realistic shit going on in the anime imo.

Itou is not capable of loving anyone. But he is capable of loving boobs. Otherwise he has no sense of direction. Boobs tell him what to do. He's an immature primitive fuckboy. That makes him an idiot.

Each other character is an idiot for liking him.
fuck
Jan 22, 2016 1:37 AM

Feb 2013
Aszalee said:

Itou is not capable of loving anyone. But he is capable of loving boobs. Otherwise he has no sense of direction. Boobs tell him what to do. He's an immature primitive fuckboy. That makes him an idiot.

It is human nature. Even Albert Einstein had 10 mistresses. Your point is??
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/3653763/Brilliant-men-always-betray-their-wives.html
Jan 22, 2016 1:42 AM

Nov 2015
eturnity said:
Aszalee said:

It is human nature. Even Albert Einstein had 10 mistresses. Your point is??
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/3653763/Brilliant-men-always-betray-their-wives.html

It's human nature to be a sexually driven manipulative sociopath?
fuck
Jan 22, 2016 1:43 AM

Sep 2015
I see people praising it as being realistic, but there isn't a single shred of realism in any of them. Everything and everyone are so completely exaggerated that it defeats the idea of them being realistic. None of them act like people would in real life; you wouldn't have a school where literally every single female backstabs and betrays their friends and boyfriends for one guy who's proven to be an asshole who doesn't even have any qualities to pique their interest in the first place.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 22, 2016 1:47 AM

Feb 2013
ItsMaz said:
I see people praising it as being realistic, but there isn't a single shred of realism in any of them. Everything and everyone are so completely exaggerated that it defeats the idea of them being realistic. None of them act like people would in real life; you wouldn't have a school where literally every single female backstabs and betrays their friends and boyfriends for one guy who's proven to be an asshole who doesn't even have any qualities to pique their interest in the first place.
Its not a school its 8 girls. Your criticism is so broad that I could spend several pages explaining each girl's rationale and how common it is in real life.

Please list one character's who did an action at a specific moment that you felt was unrealistic.
Jan 22, 2016 1:59 AM

Feb 2013
Aszalee said:

Yes, evolution has worked wonders hasn't it? There has been alot of research done suggesting many of our male ancestors had multiple mates.

Humans have always been self centered, and this anime is a brutal representation of that.
Jan 22, 2016 2:10 AM

Nov 2015
eturnity said:
Aszalee said:

Yes, evolution has worked wonders hasn't it? There has been alot of research done suggesting many of our male ancestors had multiple mates.

Humans have always been self centered, and this anime is a brutal representation of that.

Cheating is not okay. If you're implying that it is, all I have to say is good luck getting a girlfriend/boyfriend who genuinely loves you.

School days is unrealistic because Itou is a fucking retard and he somehow managed to convince multiple girls to have sex with him despite being a disgusting talentless below average 14 year old boy with poor posture and shitty social skills.
fuck
Jan 22, 2016 2:19 AM

Feb 2013
Aszalee said:

Cheating is not okay. If you're implying that it is, all I have to say is good luck getting a girlfriend/boyfriend who genuinely loves you.

I didn't imply it was okay. This show goes into the mind of a teenage boy who turns from a cowardly nerd to a guy able to arrange an orgy.

It's like watching Breaking Bad. Seeing characters reveal the bad side of human nature is amazing.

Aszalee said:

School days is unrealistic because Itou is a fucking retard and he somehow managed to convince multiple girls to have sex with him despite being a disgusting talentless below average 14 year old boy with poor posture and shitty social skills.

It takes him 12 episodes, and i called character development.
At the beginning, he is too afraid to even ask a girl out.
Then he mans up to gets permission get a hug. Then he mans up to get permission for a breast grope.
Then he grabs his girlfriend's butt whenever he wants.
Then he realizes that some girls actually want to have sex with him.
Then he learns how to guilt trip and seduce women.

Its 12 fucking episodes for a reason and reasonably slow pace. The reason why you missed these cues was because the show is so good at manipulating your emotions. The entire show is a shakespearean tragedy. If you even see the resemblance

It even has an inner monologue scene similar to hamlet (Should I have dated him or not?)

Jan 22, 2016 2:26 AM

Nov 2015
eturnity said:
Aszalee said:

I didn't imply it was okay. This show goes into the mind of a teenage boy who turns from a cowardly nerd to a guy able to arrange an orgy.

It's like watching Breaking Bad. Seeing characters reveal the bad side of human nature is amazing.

Aszalee said:

It takes him 12 episodes, and i called character development.
At the beginning, he is too afraid to even ask a girl out.
Then he mans up to gets permission get a hug. Then he mans up to get permission for a breast grope.
Then he grabs his girlfriend's butt whenever he wants.
Then he realizes that some girls actually want to have sex with him.
Then he learns how to guilt trip and seduce women.

Its 12 fucking episodes for a reason and reasonably slow pace. The reason why you missed these cues was because the show is so good at manipulating your emotions. The entire show is a shakespearean tragedy. If you even see the resemblance

It even has an inner monologue scene similar to hamlet (Should I have dated him or not?)

Okay. Fair argument.

He's still a piece of shit all the way through and this plot is too anti-romance for me.
fuck
Jan 22, 2016 2:28 AM

Feb 2013
Aszalee said:

Okay. Fair argument.

He's still a piece of shit all the way through and this plot is too anti-romance for me.

It's okay Shakespeare and Breaking Bad isn't for everyone xD
Jan 22, 2016 2:36 AM

Sep 2015
eturnity said:
ItsMaz said:
Its not a school its 8 girls. Your criticism is so broad that I could spend several pages explaining each girl's rationale and how common it is in real life.

Please list one character's who did an action at a specific moment that you felt was unrealistic.

Everyone's character was unrealistic, like I said. I even wrote a review on it after I had finished it. It isn't the best worded; I could probably redo it better (since I wrote this at some time after 2am after I'd finished the last episode)

But my tl;dr is that since they go out of their way to make every single character as hateable and detestable as possible, it completely neutralises any possible realism. People don't act like this IRL, fact. It's way overdone and exaggerated. Each individual point itself might not be too far out of line, but when you put them all together and don't take them out of context, it gets ridiculous.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 22, 2016 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
ItsMaz said:
-Sekai, who likes Makokunt, gets him together with Katsura. Why would you set your crush up with someone else?
- Sekai then lets Makokunt cheat on Katsura with her. Why not just get with him in the first place?
It's almost as if people's feelings can grow over time. Here, I will draw it out for you. Not all people fall in love like in fairy tales.

ItsMaz said:
Setsuna, Sekai's best friend, wants Makokunt to stop cheating on Sekai with other girls, so she has sex with Makokunt to persuade him to stop having sex with other girls, for Sekai's sake. What the fuck?

She already had told Makoto for 4 episodes constantly nagging him to break up with Katonoha. If verbal persuasion didn't work, she had to use physical. She had a limited amount of time because of moving and is a reasonable plausible last ditch effort. Only thing less plausible would be Setsuna pointing a gun at her.

ItsMaz said:
Some random female character who's also a friend of Sekai's is worried about her, and goes to Makokunt to persuade him to go and see Sekai to cheer her up, and then decides to fuck Makokunt instead, whilst admitting that what she was doing wasn't fair to Sekai. What the hell?

It was obvious that Makoto being the womanizer he is at that point, was able to seduce her. Dude was able to organize an 4 way orgy for god's sake.

ItsMaz said:
you can't even sit there and cheer because all your emotion about the show has gone. If he had got murdered in the 5th or 6th episode, I would've been happy
You clearly didn't give a fuck about the characters and made no attempt to even understand their very obvious emotional motives.

ItsMaz said:
People don't act like this IRL, fact. It's way overdone and exaggerated. Each individual point itself might not be too far out of line, but when you put them all together and don't take them out of context, it gets ridiculous.

Makoto acts as a stereotypical womanizer.
Kotonoha is a stereotypical woman in a failing relationship who continues on in the relationship hoping it will get better.
Sekai is a cheatee who harbors guilt of betraying a friend and urges Makoto to break up.
They really are not that complicated.

This is honestly how the three basic components of whanever you hear of cheating in real life.
eturnityJan 22, 2016 3:31 PM
Jan 24, 2016 5:48 AM
Nov 2014
No, you are wrong.
School Days is a good deconstruction of the harem genre that takes the typical formula of this genre and turns it in a more realistic and tragic story.
School Days is by far one of the best harem anime ever made.
P.D: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei>Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien>School Days>>>Monogatari Series>>>>>>>Love Hina>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All the other trash harem anime like To Love-Ru and Highschool DxD.
Jan 24, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2015
you are right
and the girls are all ugly
Jan 24, 2016 9:38 AM
Jan 2016
Made an account on MAL just so Can ask this

Did sanagawa have sex with Katsura? On the dance Thing, it's been on my mind the entire time
Just finished watching this a few hours ago, I really hate this anime..... Especially MC
Jan 26, 2016 2:21 AM

Nov 2015
Portgas_Da_Ace said:

Did sanagawa have sex with Katsura? On the dance Thing, it's been on my mind the entire time
Just finished watching this a few hours ago, I really hate this anime..... Especially MC

Yes. He had sex with everyone. Or at least it's heavily implied.
fuck
Jan 26, 2016 8:18 AM
Jan 2016
Aszalee said:
Portgas_Da_Ace said:

No not the MC, MC guy friend that asked out Katsura, but she said I'm dating makato
Jan 26, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2016
Portgas_Da_Ace said:
Aszalee said:

No not the MC, MC guy friend that asked out Katsura, but she said I'm dating makato

I doubt he did as Katsura was completely loyal to the MC.
Jan 26, 2016 4:46 PM

Nov 2015
Portgas_Da_Ace said:
Aszalee said:

oh.
no he didn't. who cares this anime is garbage.
fuck
Jan 26, 2016 5:37 PM

May 2010
Naranja128 said:
Portgas_Da_Ace said:

I doubt he did as Katsura was completely loyal to the MC.
Heavily implied Sanagawa did have sex with Katsura, just watch last parts of episode 9 and start of episode 10.
In 10, notice Sanagawa's panting and then when Katsura walks outside, there is body fluids on the floor from whence she came (probably from the sex) and her state of dress with just her white shirt unbuttoned at the top and revealing cleavage.
And in 9 with the school uniform bow falling down like a drop a blood.
BocchiJan 26, 2016 6:29 PM
Jan 27, 2016 9:00 PM
Jan 2016
you didn't find the deep meaning of it.imo, it more looks like a educational one for those who only know sex don't know how to love others. so, makodo is always thought as the worst scum in anime world.
Jan 27, 2016 9:06 PM

Dec 2015
This anime is a 10/10.

There are so many philosophical moments and use of symbolism, I cant even begin to explain how deep this series truly is. It gave me a reason to have hope for anime once again.

Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 27, 2016 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
This is the greatest thread of all time.
Such in depth discussion could only be sparked by a true masterpiece after all.
Jan 27, 2016 9:15 PM

Nov 2014
@Protaku, where are you when mal needs you.

Jan 27, 2016 9:15 PM

Sep 2009
This needed a thread, and I be loling
Go watch Mars of Destruction
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 27, 2016 9:16 PM

Nov 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
This needed a threat, and I be loling
Go watch Mars of Destruction
That would be too many masterpieces at once.

Jan 27, 2016 9:34 PM

Apr 2014
ExTamplier said:

My days of defending this show in the forums is over lol, I just direct everyone here
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=770046

Then I wait for them to write a retort equal to that and they never do haha.
Jan 27, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2014
Protaku said:
ExTamplier said:

My days of defending this show in the forums is over
it looks like mal broke another soul

Jan 27, 2016 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
ExTamplier said:
Protaku said:

My days of defending this show in the forums is over
it looks like mal broke another soul

I give thoughtful retorts and the plebs of MAL either never reply or reply with something like "Derp, u tastes in asian cartoons iz bad. I fuked ur grandma u virgin."

So I hired a secretary to do the talking for me. It took a few hours to write but it's saving me a lot of time in the long run.
Jan 27, 2016 11:28 PM

Jun 2015
The show has a lot of problems, but I like the idea of a show focusing on cheating and the negative effects. It just is way too melodramatic for me. Fits into a rather weird place where it wants to be both realistic and extremely over the top. Comes off as laughable at times. Also, the quality is quite low.

I didn't hate it, though.

Jan 29, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
Yet another "I hate this anime because.... ehhh... Everybody does?"

Jan 29, 2016 10:04 PM

Nov 2015
Piromysl said:

I started watching it because someone told me it was a romance anime.... it's the complete opposite of a romance anime. My opinion is unbiased. I experienced absolutely no joy in watching this show. I was only ever irritated. If they would have let sekai and faggot stay together in the beginning and that was the end of the show I probably would have given it an average rating.
fuck
Jan 29, 2016 10:34 PM

Jan 2016
This series is just garbage only saved by Kotonoha and its ending.
Jan 29, 2016 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
School Days is a masterpiece of salt. Makoto generates more hate than murderers and super villains from other anime, all without so much as breaking the law.
Jan 29, 2016 11:15 PM

May 2015
Portgas_Da_Ace said:

Roy_FockerJan 29, 2016 11:22 PM
Jan 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
Aszalee said:
Piromysl said:

I started watching it because someone told me it was a romance anime.... it's the complete opposite of a romance anime. My opinion is unbiased. I experienced absolutely no joy in watching this show. I was only ever irritated. If they would have let sekai and faggot stay together in the beginning and that was the end of the show I probably would have given it an average rating.

So much hate for being original.

Jan 30, 2016 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
Portgas_Da_Ace said:

Katsura was heartbroken seeing makoto with another girl (i think), but the guy thought katsura not saying anything meant she was willing so he fcked her, but later realized he was wrong and he was basically raping her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Siing - Jul 5, 2007

160 by postaldude34 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1284 by xseandee »»
Apr 14, 9:02 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jobocan - Jul 27, 2007

142 by Atsunome »»
Apr 14, 6:38 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Haoji - Jul 22, 2007

134 by Atsunome »»
Apr 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 13, 2007

116 by Atsunome »»
Apr 14, 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.