Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the CGI were kinda awkward in the PSO2 world. Some of the battle outfits also look quite generic imo.

I think the music remains to be the best part when supplementing the action. Itsuki make more friends and alliances but the comedy really wears this show down as I'm not feeling it. Not much weird fan service this episode though.
Jan 21, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
So Yuu chan was a leacher which is arguably one of the worst type of gamers.
And it seems the main found out about parties and puging which went well for him apart from the leacher.

And the presidents character was exposed.
Jan 21, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
Haha wow he was such a puss while playing the game. Pretty funny how he's such a nice kid irl but in game he was such an ass. Good thing he sorted it fast.
Jan 22, 2016 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
Yu-chan is sure quite rude in the game! It is good to see that he is a nice kid in real life!
Jan 23, 2016 12:28 AM

Feb 2014
This is turning into a BL... Nope! Phew...

I cringed about how much Itsuki was so new to online game and how oblivious he was.

Nobody in real life will role-play their characters that much like in the anime, unless they are idiots.
tetrix1993Jan 23, 2016 5:46 AM
Jan 23, 2016 1:20 AM

Feb 2015
Meh....episode imo.
That cat girl's user though.....i see that coming but i was suprised too.
i seriously don't know what to say for this episode. just meh....
Jan 23, 2016 2:48 AM

Jun 2013
no one makes their character like them in real life
Jan 23, 2016 4:59 AM
May 2014
tetrix1993 said:

Nobody in real life will role-play their characters, unless they are idiots.

I guess you need to get out of your narrow way of thinking. There are plenty of people who role-play their charas, not as exaggerated as the one in the anime though.
DroggieJan 23, 2016 6:26 AM
Jan 23, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2012
Lol Itsuki's first time meeting a G.I.R.L,

The president's pretty cute.

I think we've all been in Yu-chan's position, where we try to be nice in person but it backfires and so we vent in some way in a game or something.

And yeah, I've seen lots of people roleplay as their characters surprisingly, so I'm not sure why a lotta people in this thread are so surprised of it. I personally find it a bit cringey, but it happens a lot more often than you think.

The anime's actually turning out to be a bit more enjoyable than it was at the start.

Jan 23, 2016 6:44 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ehh, I still can't get into this anime. It couldn't get more generic and boring.

2/5
Jan 23, 2016 7:25 AM
Bunnies ๐Ÿ“

Jan 2013
I've had my fair share of playing with trolls, although not like Yu-chan.

Prez sure looks cute when she is blushing. Romance between those two?

Jan 23, 2016 9:10 AM

Aug 2011
Well my expectation for this anime isn't all that high so this episode was an ok for me. Not bad and not good either.
2.5/5

More character introduction next week.
Jan 23, 2016 9:25 AM

Jun 2014
So they didn't even take the time to explain why trolling is bad in the first place. Do the enemies get stronger with more people therefore one person slacking off means the rest will have a harder time? It doesn't make any sense so all we can interpret is a guy sitting around doing nothing counting as "trolling".

Also, cliche talking to bad guy who isn't all too bad to turn him into an ally
Jan 23, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2009
Ein said:
So they didn't even take the time to explain why trolling is bad in the first place. Do the enemies get stronger with more people therefore one person slacking off means the rest will have a harder time?

In the game itself, the more people there are in a party, the more enemies appear.
Jan 23, 2016 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
even tho it's not that good.. CGI is bad..
but I can still enjoy this animu, so why not?
and the Prez is hnnngg
Jan 23, 2016 1:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I enjoyed this episode the most out of all
Jan 23, 2016 1:21 PM

May 2011
Ein said:
So they didn't even take the time to explain why trolling is bad in the first place. Do the enemies get stronger with more people therefore one person slacking off means the rest will have a harder time? It doesn't make any sense so all we can interpret is a guy sitting around doing nothing counting as "trolling".

Also, cliche talking to bad guy who isn't all too bad to turn him into an ally

Its because he's standing around and doing nothing that makes him a leecher which is highly frowned upon in the game and is considered trolling.
Jan 23, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2007
It's even a common occurence in the game during Emergency Quests when weekly boosts are active. Tower Defence, which is also the toughest series of EQs in the game, is the primary target for said kinds of people. Big wave spawns = a lot of EXP without lifting a finger when 11 other players burn themselves out to protect their targets.

In any case, this episode was a lot more enjoyable than the last 2, the premise also helped a lot, as it is quite common to find in any MMO. It's also a somewhat accurate depiction of the differences between the game characers and the players.
Jan 23, 2016 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
A decent episode for a change.

Today's lesson: Don't be a troll.

... that will get you kicked from the party.
Jan 23, 2016 3:50 PM

Jun 2015
Is it just me or was this episode just a very basic n00b tutorial to MMO games?

I mean, I get that the MC is a beginner and not familiar with the matter. However, this kind of excessive explanation and the way it was displayed made me realise once more that this anime is little more than a bad PR stunt to promote the actual game.
Second part half seems to consist mostly of the evolution of the MC's relationship with Yu-chan. It felt really rushed and not very credible. Also, I appreciate role playing in games, but those guys do take it a little too far with their immersion.

I enjoy video game settings in anime, and I want to like the show, but they make it really hard for me to do so...

The ending scene was nice though. I like how the MC (damn, can't remember his name) knew Soro's identity all along and starts listing plenty of evidence leading to his deduction.
Jan 23, 2016 4:29 PM

Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this episode because I can relate
Jan 23, 2016 5:22 PM
Jul 2012
I'm just glad the characters aren't stupid but honestly I don't see a point in the anime except to explain the game to any potential new players.
Jan 23, 2016 6:22 PM
Jul 2007
1/5 for all the high school Slice Of Life b.s. This show assumes the viewer knows nothing about MMOs, and it comes off even worse like an advertisement on how to enjoy playing the game and like it has to spell out in all caps what the IRL benefits of playing MMOs are. The troll was the only interesting thing so far, but that ended quickly with no deaths or drama to be showcased during the actual trolling. They only show how to handle a troll... oh my god the troll did not show up to school? [Face_palm] Maybe if I was 10 years old and oblivious about MMOs I'd rate this show higher. Tldr this is purely an educational anime.
eraltergJan 23, 2016 6:35 PM
Jan 23, 2016 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
at last Kouta's character revealed...
hmm, never knew there was a samurai class or archer too...
oh that troll gamer...
not much Aika in this episode though
Jan 23, 2016 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
Not much going on here, Pres was pretty cute though. This was the PG approach to the topic of trolling and to a lesser extent, escapism through gaming. Looking forward to next week, this show isn't anything special or original but it does put me in a good mood and can give me a small smile every week.

Quick aside: Roleplay does occur EXACTLY like that sometimes and you'd be surprised how many people actually speak like that, I've been in some..."unique" guilds/clans lol.
Jan 24, 2016 1:16 AM

Oct 2011
A new ally for Isuki YAY!!!!
Jan 24, 2016 9:49 AM

Jul 2009
Oh god not another Yu-chan, I think I can't handle this again.

That's not how a troll act in any MMO, looks like the writer is quite biased on the MMOs part.
Jan 24, 2016 3:51 PM

Aug 2015
QUAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Ahem, I actually enjoyed this episode. More than the rest so far.

Honestly, Itsuki not getting these terms is absolutely fine if he doesn't spend enough time on online forums. The part where he doesn't know what IRL means is meant for laughs. That's why there was a long awkward silence. The show isn't expecting the viewer to be dumb as shit with Social Internet norms, they expect you to laugh at how ignorant Itsuki is when he doesn't know jack crap.

And I have to hand it to this show for making Itsuki very enthusiastic and not that dumb. Well he doesn't know Online Social terms but at least he can take hints.

Roleplaying is...Yeah, it CAN be that crazy. Sorry people who say no to that, but I roleplay characters JUST like Kouta's character. It's FUN to be super hammy! It's like playing Yugioh but pretending to be some epic villain who must defeat the main hero in a children's card game.

I'm glad they threw in how roleplayers are NOT their characters in real life. They just enjoy rping as different people because it's actually interesting to pretend to be someone else. Especially if your life is boring

Trolling is just being a dick in general. So yeah, Yu-chan's (Damn it Itsuki now you are making me calling him that too) character is indeed being a troll with how he acts and gives bullshit to his party members by being a leach. I wonder if they will show us more trolling players.
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
Jan 27, 2016 5:27 PM

Jun 2013
I'm actually starting to find this pretty enjoyable :)
Feb 2, 2016 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
The story is not involving much, it looks more like a guide in preparation for the MMO, at one point I thought the character was also too silly, but at the end of episode you save on quastione of Soro who is in truth. Drawings and animations to normal, I hope that history can improve at least a little, too charmless yet.
Feb 3, 2016 12:17 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Man, I'm dying over here with this anime; dunno about anyone else, ha hah!
I don't really consider that "trolling" though.;;
MC's kinda adorbs, really.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 11, 2016 12:59 AM
Dec 2014
Although this episode was a little bit better than the first two, it wasn't good enough to stick with the show. Dropped. 2/10
Feb 11, 2016 2:38 PM

Dec 2012
Guy thinks he can understand trolls online by talking to them lmao
Mar 15, 2016 8:24 PM

May 2014
Huh, decent episode. Yuu-chan tho. I feel like I've heard this many many times.
Surprise surprise, a girl character was actually a guy irl. Very common.
Oct 7, 2016 7:32 PM

Nov 2013
Nice episode.

How Prez told Itsuki the truth and he said, that he knew already was very funny.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Feb 2019
The President is really beautiful and attractive and that is the only saving grace of this series (for me personally of course). But even that isn't enough to keep me watching this series. I cringed too much this episode, especially with how Itsuki and Yu-chan interacted...

So yeah, dropping this.

More topics from this board

» It makes sense that they'd make this series...

vigorousjammer - Sep 19, 2015

4 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

51 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 6:25 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

132 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:56 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

64 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 2020 9:22 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

28 by Akait »»
Aug 8, 2019 3:00 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.