Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2016 2:32 PM
Aug 2014
Drake1000 said:
Cute episode
Kayo's mother is a piece of shit and greatly contrasts with MC's mother.
The murderer managed to put the blame on Yuuki because he knows about Kayo.
Another red eyed character

I think I know who the killer is...

Even with this info though I'm not able to say anything for sure.
Jan 21, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2012
Z4k said:
It's kind of funny to see people make incorrect guesses regarding the culprit's identity when the opening blatantly spoils twice. I guess everyone skips it.

What do you mean?

The opening shows the culprit twice but it's not like we can tell his identity.

When I watch the opening I just see the same guy with glasses from episode 1.
Jan 21, 2016 2:47 PM

Oct 2014
And another awesome episode.
It feels kinda bad watching kids ice-skating better then yourself. Infact, it hurt. Alot
Jan 21, 2016 2:49 PM
Aug 2014
BennyDelon said:
Z4k said:
It's kind of funny to see people make incorrect guesses regarding the culprit's identity when the opening blatantly spoils twice. I guess everyone skips it.

What do you mean?

Exactly this. The guy literally could be an older version of Kenya, the teacher, or the man in Hinazuki's house. More over no one knows their motivations just yet. The guy that leaves the apartment has darker hair than the one we see in the single frame in the OP. I'm not sure if this is intended or just some sort of darkness effect.
Jan 21, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2014
I got upset so many times in this episode...arghh. But the scene where Kayo and Sotaru went to see the tree was really cute.
Jan 21, 2016 3:05 PM

Mar 2014
This show deserves all the hype it's getting. It works on so many levels.
Jan 21, 2016 3:08 PM

May 2015
Another fantastic episode. Loved the bonding moment between Satoru and Kayo, but damn her life is beyond miserable. That fucking mom should burn already with that garbage boyfriend. I still don't believe Yuuki's the bad guy though, but we'll see. Stupid little cliffhanger.... Can't wait for next week.

Jan 21, 2016 3:09 PM

Aug 2015
I wish the worst for Kayo's mom. What a piece of shit. This anime just keeps impressing me, loving it.
Jan 21, 2016 3:15 PM
May 2015
Note I am completely blind to what happens in the manga so if you have read further and this rant is at some point muted just post a reply (in a spoiler) with caps reading GO READ THE MANGA DUMBASS (the curse word can be anything that was merely a suggestion) But I personally don't have any faith in the studio (A1 pictures) and definitely no faith in the director either (cough cough SAO2) so I'm just going to leave my, shall we say, pessimistic on look on Satoru and the continuation of this series here. I hope you at least think on it. I can't be the only one who couldn't stop thinking what an absolute dick Satoru is being. Just thinking about and protecting this one girl, when there are 3 others who will also die. Not to mention one of them is his friend. I mean it would be okay if he at least recognized she was in danger but as we've seen in this episode he almost completely ignores her existence. To know that his friends really mean so little to him is kinda disheartening even if "it's all a lie". there is a line between being an edgy 29 year old who finds it difficult to feel for others when he thinks all they really care about is the lie he presents to them in his daily life (only really opening up to and developing feelings for those he is okay being himself with e.g his mother, Kayo and Jun) and being a completely self centered prick. Sure he's starting to realize he needs to start actually caring if he wants to succeed. Due to his conversations with Kayo, but it's being done in the wrong ways. He now obviously cares about Kayo because he feels the need to protect her and care for her after all the repeated beatings she's getting from her thinly veiled 1 dimensional parents (lazy writing is average) which is just distracting him more from the others round about him who see him as a friend and he's just betraying them. This is when the split between his 10 year old and 29 year old self becomes a little vague ( personally I believe there is not enough development on this idea so lazy writing on the authors part). On the one hand you can argue he's acting like a 10 year old because he's only able to focus on 1 thing at a time. but on the other hand we have his mentality being that of the self centered prick of his 29 year old self. Lest we forget it has also got a lot to do with him believing that saving her will be able to erase the guilt he feels at not saving her the first time. Yet he's going to just repeat the same mistake with Sugita not only is this going to end up sad but probably completely pointless. Satoru will just be exchanging guilt for guilt, the only way I can see this anime actually being worth something is if he realizes how much of an ass he's being, gets his head screwed on straight and starts actually trying to fix the problem instead of just setting himself up for failure. The problem not being the killer but Satoru's mentality for beating him. Thank you for listening have a great winter season best of luck the manga actually does it right and the anime adapts it goodbye.
Eclio413Jan 21, 2016 3:25 PM
Jan 21, 2016 3:16 PM

Oct 2008
VanishingKira said:
Was slightly suspicious of the teacher at first,but second half just makes me think he's just a caring teacher.
;

I don`t know I still feel there`s something off with the teacher. Something just doesn`t feel right...
Jan 21, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2014
BennyDelon said:
Z4k said:

What do you mean?

Jan 21, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, poor Kayo... That scene was hard to watch.

The red foxes/christmas tree scene was so beautiful.

I need to look up who directs this anime. He is very talented.
Jan 21, 2016 3:32 PM

Feb 2014
I have a weird ass theory.

But yea, will read manga once the anime is finished. I love this series too much already.
Jan 21, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2015
lustinNthrustin said:
Wow, poor Kayo... That scene was hard to watch.

the sink scene made me feel so sad oh my gosh.

but yeah, i liked the ending with the sparkly sky. i'm still wondering about kenya and the teacher, why they showed them at the very end. i haven't read the manga so i'm waiting for a surprise i guess.
Jan 21, 2016 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah, if BokuMachi keeps up the quality of the past 3 episodes it's going to be my AOTS and potentially of my AOTY. This episode really hit me hard in the feels. FUCK Kayo's mother for doing what she did to her, my rage for that woman cannot be expressed.

That bitchy girl in the class started to make my blood boil too, she was so mean to poor Kayo; I mean the girl gets relentlessly beat at home every weekend then has to come into school and also put up with being harassed because she's poor? She wasn't dealt the best of lifes cards ='(.

At least the episode left off with a relatively happy scene though. The Fox scene and tree scene made me teary eyed, they were both very beautifully crafted and emotional scenes.
CCleanerJan 21, 2016 3:48 PM
Jan 21, 2016 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
I feel like half of the people they are showing us to be guilty is not actually guilty. Several red eyed characters too. Great episode overall.

Oh and that last scene made me feel uncomfortable. I hope it's just a red herring.

This anime is still top-notch in my book. I'm holding back from reading the manga just cause I want to watch it instead of reading instead.
Jan 21, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2014
It was... ok I guess.

But please Kayo, stop being a super psychoanalyst who analyses body language extremely well, I mean, you're just a 10 years old.
But please, mangaka / A-1, stop making us hate her mother in that way, that's too cheap, too easy. It reminds me a bit of SAO, I want to forget it. The mom characterisation so far: "I'm evil cause i'm evil and so you can hate me". You know, in such a show, a character shouldn't be black or white, or at least give us a reason, justify why they act this way. Just few hints.
Jan 21, 2016 3:54 PM

Jan 2015
The spoiler at the opening was not well elaborate
xxx
Jan 21, 2016 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
Anime of the season. This show is too damn beautiful. The OST, animation, story, everything is just beautiful.

10/10
Jan 21, 2016 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
The ending is probably being used to create some confusion as who is the killer. Kenya must be just telling the professor who stole the money.

Was a great episode, its getting really hard to hold myself from starting the manga after each episode I see =x

Was watching the OP again and the one in prison seems to be the MC, so I'm already getting myself read for some sad ending and heart breaking stuff T-T
Jan 21, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
The last little scene at the end of Kenya and the teacher with the overly sinister music in the background struck me as quite cheesy and out of place, but other than that this episode was pretty good. The tree scene in particular was nice.
MagisterEquitumJan 21, 2016 4:01 PM
Jan 21, 2016 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
Damn this anime is good, last time I felt like this for an anime (except ofc mushishi s2) must have been Shinsekai Yori. Deserving of all the praise!
Jan 21, 2016 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even know what to say after watching this episode, it was so heartbreaking.
Kayo's mother is a bi**, hope she will suffer in prison for what she is doing now.
I feel so bad for Kayo :( When Satou saw her on the ground...
He could have won that race, but I think he made the right choice.

ExtraCheeky said:
All of these red eyes...

All of these red herrings...

Edit: For fuck sake I've been ninja'd over 20 minutes ago!

So true, it was very painful to watch Kayo that way.

This anime is so great that i can't describe it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 21, 2016 4:16 PM

Feb 2011
ze feelllss
btw red eyes. so?? is this predictable or?
Jan 21, 2016 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
Is it just me or did the characters look slightly different this episode? Especially Satoru, something about him looked off. Did a different key animator work on this episode or something?
Either way, great episode and adaptation as usual. As a manga reader, week is gonna be interesting, hehe.
Jan 21, 2016 4:27 PM

Apr 2010
Good episode. I loved seeing Kayo's face light up with that smile at the end. So awesome and magical.

Jan 21, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
fuck this was stressful to watch to make matters worst everyone is mad suspect right now and while i always thought something was up with kenya that ending has me worried i mean look at the time it wasn't even during school hours ! with the music too i'mhoping it's them just throwing us a curve ball
Jan 21, 2016 4:50 PM

May 2009
I
Love
This
Show
!!!
Jan 21, 2016 4:53 PM

Aug 2010
Kayo's mom is a bitch.

Lol I'm liking the relationship between Kayo and Satarou more than 90% of pairings I see in anime these days.
Jan 21, 2016 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
Ending scene was brilliant, but sensei and blondie has been doing something behind Satoru's back.
Jan 21, 2016 5:05 PM

Aug 2011
I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't trust that teacher.
Jan 21, 2016 5:21 PM

May 2012
Poor Kayo.
Its good seeing Satoru defend her in the classroom during the missing lunch money scene.
That scene in the end though. I have a feeling that blond friend of Satoru may be eliminated from the list of suspects because they're making him too suspicious...
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Jan 21, 2016 5:24 PM
Sep 2012
I'm actually already in love with this show. everything about it is so good!!
Jan 21, 2016 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode with great production values.
Jan 21, 2016 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
Ah BokuDake. Great as always, Got kind of emotional with the abuse. I just wanted Satoru to punch some faces in. Sheesh. Second half though, from Satoru yelling at that little brat, to Kayo throwing her mechanical pencil away to the foxes and the trees, that was pure gold second half.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jan 21, 2016 5:30 PM

Sep 2013
It's been some time since I've seen a series with a direction as beautiful as this. Since Zankyou no Terror I think.

Everything is masterfully crafted, the scenes composition, the colors, even the animation is something else! I usually don't like A-1 (aside from SSY) but they're doing a wonderfull job in the visual department.
Jan 21, 2016 5:31 PM

Oct 2014
Oh, so there is more people with red eyes! That's a relief
I wanted to stop doubting Kenya because I would be desappointed if he was actually the killer (since it looks kind of obvious and I like cases where you struggle to find out who is the culprit), BUT THAT ENDING
Seems like the protagonist has to save Kayo from death AND her mother
The teacher seems nice, but I still can't trust him
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Jan 21, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2015
SHE SMILED. The feels in this episode is the definition of a feels roller coaster. It's nice to see that Fujinuma is not not just trying to save Hinazuki but he does genuinely care for her and tries so hard to make her realize that.

I do feel bad for Fujinuma's friend (which you can see through his facial expression is just plain gave up on life face) who had to go to prison and put on death row for crimes he did not commit.

It's adorable that Fujinuma and Hinazuki share the same birthday haha. It sucks that it won't get there before the crime takes place though. Overall, great episode. Episode 3: The Feels.
Jan 21, 2016 6:07 PM
Apr 2015
Seriously though, can whoever put 1 star please explain why? I won't reply to argue with you, but I can't guarantee for anyone else.
Jan 21, 2016 6:15 PM

Aug 2014
Episode 3 and I already want to read the manga

Fk I can't wait a week for this...
Ruka desu.
Jan 21, 2016 6:28 PM

Feb 2010
Onii-chan said:
Seriously, MC doesn't how to hold back.

That is what i love about him, so entertaining to see a child with 29-years old mind

And that abuse... i hate that mother already.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 21, 2016 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, what's with the omnious ending with Kenya? That sure make me curious as hell. I mean we could already see that Kenya had something special to do with the story, but he looked almost ''evil'' at the end.

It made me feel bad to see his friend Jun, who is far probably not the culprit so miserable in prison. That dude look like the perfect scapegoat.

If there is something I have difficulty to deal with, it's freaking child abuse. This shit drive me nuts. Fuck those parents, I hope they get ran over by a car.

That second half though was too damn cute. It made me feel all fuzzy inside. It made me smile when Hinazuki let out that big awesome smile.

That is really damn good so far. It is slow, yet it manage to keep my attention. I hope it doesn't let me down, but I don't feel like that will happen.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 21, 2016 6:40 PM

Mar 2012
Z4k said:
BennyDelon said:

What do you mean?

Twice? I can see only one, can you screencap for me?

Also am I the only one that is a little angry at the MC? I mean, I know he feels guilty about Kayo but his friend also dies and he apparently doesn't even keep an eye on him?
And also, the death of your friend wouldn't have a bigger impact on you than the death of a girl you wanted to be friends with?
Jan 21, 2016 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
Kiarika said:

Also am I the only one that is a little angry at the MC? I mean, I know he feels guilty about Kayo but his friend also dies and he apparently doesn't even keep an eye on him?
And also, the death of your friend wouldn't have a bigger impact on you than the death of a girl you wanted to be friends with?

The second time is very fast. It's in a reflex in a piece of broken glass or something like that. There is a screencap in this forum, I don't remember in what thread though.

I think he is more worried about Hinazuki now because she was the first to die.
Jan 21, 2016 6:48 PM
Jun 2011
Kiarika said:
Z4k said:

Satoro is perfectly aware of Hiromi being a victim, but he also remembers Hiromi being the third victim while Kayo was the first one. He has no strong reason to worry about him yet.
Jan 21, 2016 6:54 PM

Mar 2012
BennyDelon said:
Kiarika said:

The second time is very fast. It's in a reflex in a piece of broken glass or something like that. There is a screencap in this forum, I don't remember in what thread though.

I think he is more worried about Hinazuki now because she was the first to die.
Goldkoron said:
Kiarika said:

Satoro is perfectly aware of Hiromi being a victim, but he also remembers Hiromi being the third victim while Kayo was the first one. He has no strong reason to worry about him yet.

Ooooooooooh, Kayo is the first? I tought she was the last for some reason... My bad.

Still, suspecting people that both have in common would be the first thing I would do and, well, he is not really doing that.
But I'm way less angry now :P

P.S.
Thank You, Benny!
For anyone wondering, I found the image
KiarikaJan 21, 2016 7:00 PM
Jan 21, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2014
Another incredible Episode, but most of the Episode was just really really sad starting off when Satoru found her in the shed. Probably the most intense shit i'v watched in a show so far, just, wow, the balls of A-1 too animate that whole part instead of doing some distant silhouette type thing like in the last episode. The theme's this show is exploring are really out of the box and while there awful, it make's it fresh and fantastic from start to finish.
Jan 21, 2016 7:29 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode, I'm going to bump up the rating. Still think it's the teacher.
Jan 21, 2016 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
paraze said:
But please Kayo, stop being a super psychoanalyst who analyses body language extremely well, I mean, you're just a 10 years old.

Abused children have an extremely good ability to read body language, after all their lives, or at least the avoidance of a lot of pain, depends on it.

paraze said:
But please, mangaka / A-1, stop making us hate her mother in that way, that's too cheap, too easy. It reminds me a bit of..., I want to forget it. The mom characterization so far: "I'm evil cause i'm evil and so you can hate me". You know, in such a show, a character shouldn't be black or white, or at least give us a reason, justify why they act this way. Just few hints.

The situation pretty much sums it up. The mother isn't evil, she is just pathetic. The setting is a northern rural town in Japan. The row housing they live in suggests that the town used to house a major mine or related factory, but one that has closed, leaving a slowly dying town behind. The mother, probably from a mining family, was beaten by her parents, wanting to escape she was easily seduced by someone who abandoned her once he learned she was pregnant - had the child been a son she might have been able to get some support from her parents, but that is not the case. Desperate to hold on to the little she has, she defends the man who beats her and her daughter. Her story is so typical that hate is the wrong emotion for her, pity is more appropriate (and in a way cruel).

The really sad thing is that Kayo is probably better off with her mother than if she was taken by social services. There are very few good foster families anywhere in the world, and in such a rural part of Japan 20 years ago, there was less than a few. Kayo I think knows this, which is why she bears with it. If A-1 really wanted you to hate the mother, then they should have the boyfriend sexually molest Kayo. That is not uncommon in such situations.

It is not difficult to imagine such situations, though like you, I generally prefer not to be reminded that such things exist. That said, so far this animation is balancing things quite nicely, they haven't yet descended into blatant pandering; the idea that a child would not have noticed such things, but an adult would have is an interesting interpretation, and I hope that the story will justify the story.
Jan 21, 2016 7:40 PM

Oct 2015
A little touch of Steins;gate and some school :D Fun for all the family friends!
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.