Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Brb, gonna go slam my head into a stranger's to see if I can get their memories.

Brb, Now I'll draw a monster to see if I can summon it.
Wtf your logic, why were you suprised from an anime that has monsters in it?

I wasn't surprised, I just thought it was funny. I also assumed they were going to find a way to make that work in a different way, so the way it actually ended up working ended up being unexpected.
thebrentinator24Jan 20, 2016 1:38 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2012
Fun episode. Really like the character design of the phantoms.
Jan 20, 2016 1:32 PM

Feb 2015
the action was really good imo.
and Mai's past was....that's kinda sad.
overall it was an enjoyable show.
Reina in chinese dress....DAMN!
But still, i'm waiting for the actual plot.

Xenocrisi said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Brb, gonna go slam my head into a stranger's to see if I can get their memories.

Brb, Now I'll draw a monster to see if I can summon it.
Wtf your logic, why were you suprised from an anime that has monsters in it?

LOL XD
Brb, i'm going to try to grab my both tits to see if it can make powers like Mai did.
YizelTroJan 20, 2016 1:36 PM
Jan 20, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Is really no one gonna bring up the fact that last episode they established blood is needed to summon Phantoms, and then this episode there just like: "Naw red paint works fine too."

Seriously what the actual fuck is wrong with whoever wrote this? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Jan 20, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it's a bit of a step up from the last episode but it still felt dumb overall. I'm still trying to give the show a chance in hopes it's ok enough but I'm losing patience.
Jan 20, 2016 1:43 PM
Mar 2014
Lufisch said:
I think this episode was good/okay, but seriously? Getting someone elses memories by spending a day like you would in your childhood, then bump your heads and... that's it?

Yeah, it was a complete asspull. They just talk about copying memories and then it just happens randomly. If this show wasn't so colorful and pretty it wouldn't have any redeeming qualities.
Jan 20, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
pretty fun episode
Jan 20, 2016 1:49 PM
Feb 2015
Will there be any romance in this series ?
Jan 20, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2014
Still looks good but i'm still not really feeling this show, episode was ok
Jan 20, 2016 2:07 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Probably the best episode of the series so far. Finally they managed to be entertaining without using fanservice.

4/5
Jan 20, 2016 2:20 PM
Nov 2012
MerchantPrince said:

I'm liking Haruhiko as a protagonist, but I feel like he's a protagonist in the wrong genre/show (maybe even the wrong sort of protagonist for an anime). His book smarts and drawing skills are pretty cool abilities for a male lead (and possibly his Rogue-esque ability copying skill, although that reminds me too much of Charlotte's protagonist), but I'm still not too fond of how he's being treated by his team. It's not funny, in my opinion, and just makes the girls out to be pretty nasty.

kinda agree.
he is more fited to art and slice of life anime. for shonen he is a boring character only here to comical purpose.
Jan 20, 2016 2:30 PM

Dec 2013
Really enjoyed the action but that's about it.
Jan 20, 2016 2:42 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The action scenes pretty good. Mai and Haruhiko shared memories through a headbutt, lol.

Reina is starting to get jealous because Haruhiko, Mai, and Ruru make up a happy family together. :x Kurumi is just watching them from afar.. D: When is she gonna introduce herself?
Jan 20, 2016 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
That first "action" scene was beyond lame. I'm tempted to think it was supposed to be a joke, but it wasnt... 2v1 on Mai; Mai acts like she's hurt really bad from a single kick; the 2 demons are distracted by a dog with wings long enough for an escape. I guess its just a side effect of them rushing to fit stuff into one episode.

Copying and downloading semantic and procedural memories~> made me think of the NBC show "Chuck"
Jan 20, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2015
That episode was so pretty bad. I'm dropping this show.

I liked Phantom World way more when it was doing stupid fan-service like boob limbo.

But even then the show was average with the constant exposition dumps of world mechanics I didn't even care about because at the end of the day it still doesn't make sense.

This show is the definition of trying too hard and failing.

Lets put aside that they can jump onto the bridge's ceiling bars directing 4 metres above them.

What was with that fight in general? That was atrocious. 5 minutes of just running around? Then some plot device power up at the end that faded into a yellow explosion to end it all. Is this a joke?

Don't even get me started on the twisted ankle, we bumped heads and now we can TRANSFER MEMORIES! Oh my lawdd.

No thank you KyoAnus. I'm out. Peace.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2016 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
For once, I actually enjoyed a Phantom world episode. I was getting tired of the ridiculous fanservice. I mean seeing Mai smile like she did, or seeing Izumi blush are what make KyoAni anime a KyoAni anime. It's the signature that makes them what they are all about.

robis798 said:
Aversa said:
I was wondering the entire episode why they picked Ichijou and not Izumi for the memory thing seeing as Izumi was better is martial arts then Ichijou
Mai said that she won't allow a girl to be put in danger.

Neither. Sensei explained that Ichijou has this rare ability to access this bla bla bla server that connects to memories.

I am not going to rationalize how the collision of the heads activated the power because it's a fantasy anime and I fully expect it to remain fantastical.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 20, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2014
I'm pleasantly surprised. Seriously, less fanservice, more action, and more animation than the last episode (which felt very static). Still not good, everything is so random, childish, and forced... but yeah, way better than the episode 2.
Jan 20, 2016 4:07 PM

Nov 2014
Nice to see them tag team
Hi there
Jan 20, 2016 4:13 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Lots of fun, as usual. Those two phantoms were smoking hot.

The action was quite the spectacle this time around. Overall enjoyable.
Jan 20, 2016 4:32 PM

Jan 2011
Man this show is real dummmmmb but fun to watch!

even with the lack of fanservice this time around Mai is still top tier

and Izumi in a ponytail looks great her insanely long hair bothers me
Jan 20, 2016 4:34 PM

Jan 2015
i found the memory sharing random and kinda lame especially the bumping heads and viola -- connected

reina was adorable this episode; the pouting and the chinese dress looked good on her

I'm still watching this (for now anyways) because its kyoani really (and hoping it gets better)

surprised the fanservice was toned down alot this ep

i rather haruhiko stick to buffing up his summoning ability instead of pulling random memory shares out of nowhere and relying on those
Jan 20, 2016 4:51 PM

Oct 2014
Every time I hear Reina call out Mai, "Mai-oneesama", I hear mayonnaise. RIP.
Jan 20, 2016 4:59 PM

Jul 2010
starting to feel like slice of life... what is going on here
Jan 20, 2016 5:49 PM

Nov 2014
I think the series is going down slowly, comparing with the madness of the first episode this 2 last episodes felt a bit dull and hasn't lived to the expectations, the fight scene felt a bit ankward, the animations was top notch but there was nothing really amazing happening on there so i would say money wasted.

In my opinion the best part of the episode was the last minutes with the youkai sisters, that was a quite heartwarming story.
error5000Jan 20, 2016 5:54 PM
Jan 20, 2016 6:00 PM

Sep 2015
yeh what a great plot device how he suddenly was able to acquire her memories -_-
I don't quite get what they were going for with this, surely he would have been better off honing his own skills (i.e. that summoning thing) rather than trying to rapidly learn martial arts (via stupid memory transfer), despite the show numerous times stating he hasn't the stamina/physique for it. If it was all done for comedic effect then i feel it kinda failed, if it was done for character development then it failed in that too imo.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Jan 20, 2016 7:07 PM

Sep 2015
best thing about this episode:

don't care about how bad the episode is tbh
Jan 20, 2016 7:12 PM

Nov 2007

Yep! Mayorin is life.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 20, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Mystifire said:
Is really no one gonna bring up the fact that last episode they established blood is needed to summon Phantoms, and then this episode there just like: "Naw red paint works fine too."

Seriously what the actual fuck is wrong with whoever wrote this? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Isn't the idea of a parole that they come up with summoning ideas that work best for them.

All he needed was to sacrifice something. Cutting himself all the time would be stupid so he changed it to wiping a red smear on it as the activation ritual.
Jan 20, 2016 7:18 PM

Sep 2015
shanimebib said:

Yep! Mayorin is life.

Haha this made me laugh far more than the actual series has so far. Mayora-sama!!
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Jan 20, 2016 7:21 PM

Jul 2015
TitanAnteus said:
Mystifire said:

Isn't the idea of a parole that they come up with summoning ideas that work best for them.

All he needed was to sacrifice something. Cutting himself all the time would be stupid so he changed it to wiping a red smear on it as the activation ritual.

It still contradicts what he specifically said in the last episode, which was that he needed blood to summon it. If he doesn't actually need blood it's fine, but some kind of explanation would be required at this point for it to make sense.
Jan 20, 2016 7:28 PM

May 2015
Hehe, fanservice.

Remove loli please. That's like the cherry on the cliche sundae.
Jan 20, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2014
ok it wasn't really boring as usual but where's the fanservice
Jan 20, 2016 8:13 PM

Mar 2015
I really like the light hearted feel to this anime. The art is nice and in this episode I feel that they are exploring different styles and techniques and seeing how people react to them. perhaps I am overthinking it though.
"I'm just a humble monk. I'm just trying to get by."
Jan 20, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2014
This is kyoto animations lowest ranked show ever at 7.18
Jan 20, 2016 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode so far.
Jan 20, 2016 8:47 PM

Jun 2014
JkayW said:
That episode was so pretty bad. I'm dropping this show.

I liked Phantom World way more when it was doing stupid fan-service like boob limbo.

But even then the show was average with the constant exposition dumps of world mechanics I didn't even care about because at the end of the day it still doesn't make sense.

This show is the definition of trying too hard and failing.

Lets put aside that they can jump onto the bridge's ceiling bars directing 4 metres above them.

What was with that fight in general? That was atrocious. 5 minutes of just running around? Then some plot device power up at the end that faded into a yellow explosion to end it all. Is this a joke?

Don't even get me started on the twisted ankle, we bumped heads and now we can TRANSFER MEMORIES! Oh my lawdd.

No thank you KyoAnus. I'm out. Peace.

Totally agree. The action was lame and that copying ability. Most likely I won't watch next episode
Akatsuki_NinJun 18, 2017 3:52 AM
Jan 20, 2016 9:00 PM
Jan 2013
Is this worst kyoani's show ?
Nothing worth to mention beside limbo and mai boobs. It just school harem with kyoani quality.
Jan 20, 2016 9:14 PM

Dec 2014
Mai episode. Excellent. :3
Jan 20, 2016 10:00 PM
Jul 2015
Better than the first 2. Extremely dumb and predictable plot, but at least it was entertaining and I didn't hate the characters this time around. Plot holes were obvious, but if they can keep on this path it's possible they can redeem it. Overall show plot has some potential, now if only they could actually write.

Rated 3 for not being as bad as the first two. o_O Now that I think about it it's still 2 quality at best.
Jan 20, 2016 10:01 PM

Mar 2014
not gonna sell well this show. kyoani can only stick into fujoshi show.
Jan 20, 2016 10:03 PM

Dec 2015
I'm just happy the loli made an appearance xD she's adorable omg. She's like, my favorite character already.
I WANT TO SEE MORE OF THE LOLI.

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Jan 20, 2016 10:11 PM

Jun 2012
What the hell is this, so like, how did the girls even become phantoms in the first place? Did they die like immediately after Mai picked on them? And how the hell would they even know she’d EVER show up there, unless their dead Yokai ghosts forced them to haunt that specific bridge, and they just hoped for the best.
Jan 20, 2016 10:12 PM
Jan 20, 2016 10:53 PM

Jun 2014
eXtacy67 said:
This is kyoto animations lowest ranked show ever at 7.18

Do you honestly expect someone to rate this above an 8?

So it seens like we get some exposition by Ichijou every time in the beginning to set up the episode themes with memory this time. Mai is a hypocrite for not training Reina as she has more potential than Ichijou but makes herself fight. Wrong move there.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 20, 2016 11:24 PM
Jan 2016
love this anime its interesting

really hoping for a pairing of mai and haruhiko
Jan 20, 2016 11:27 PM

May 2015
This anime is a big joke.
It's trying to act smart with tons of references to pop-culture and even people like Kant but well, it failed poorly.
'Just 20 minutes of moe animation, filled with an annoying mascot, too much fan service and bullshit script.
This episode doesn't even try to fit with the anime, it's just some fight with Phantoms girls but there's absolutely no relation with the plot or even the theme of the serie. I mean, keep away the notion of youkai and boom, it's just some shitty school life.
I keep asking myself on why I'm watching this...
Jan 20, 2016 11:27 PM

Sep 2014
OMG. Double Dragon Fist of the North Star Spinning circle bad ass attack!!!!! LOL

I'm enjoying this show. The fact that her name is/sounds like Mayonnaise-sama kills me every time.

Did I also mention I'm a sucker for thighs. And when 2D thighs are drawn to perfection...Hell Yeah!! Especially that limbo scene. Creeper mode off.

This episode was pretty funny. I'm laughing even more at all the comments about how horrible it was. Did you guys not realize that this IS a comedy ANIME. It's not suppose to make sense. Just shut up and enjoy or don't comment at all. Who cares if you are going to drop it.

Finally,

"That's the thought that ran through my mind." Wooooooo. Are we foreshadowing something bad here? It's like she's talking about things that happened in the past and we are eventually going to catch up to the present and how bad things have gotten.

And god dammit. Usagi-tails!!!!!!!
I've heard of meatballs, iron curls, and twin tails. But Usagi tails? DAMMIT TO HELL YES!!!!!!!!
Jan 21, 2016 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
lol reina was so jealous/frustrated this episode.
see the look in her eyes!

cool episode with action and funny parts.
these two get along real fine <3
Jan 21, 2016 1:38 AM

Dec 2014
Mai was a bully xD.
Loved the whole date like thing in the amusement park, Nice to know more a bout Mai.

Need more Mai fan service :P

The memory share thing was ummm.. Meh, I guess I'll be careful to not bump into anyone u.u
Lelouch0202Jan 21, 2016 1:46 AM
Jan 21, 2016 2:23 AM

Aug 2014
I am voting Mai as the most beautiful character of Winter 2015. Anyways, this was interesting.. The Main character gets a little power-up through Memories (Dang, Awesome Sauce) and the backstory of Mai is a bit interesting too. Anyways, I am watching this anime for the fanservice (This show has very minimal, stop being pathetic guys) and the story (This sh*t is entertaining).. So, F**K off haters!!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

144 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.