Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 22, 2016 2:23 AM
Jan 2010
Lots of suspension of disbelief is required when watching this show.
Jan 22, 2016 6:05 AM

Mar 2014
I almost fell asleep during this episode
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 22, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2015
Musaigen no Phantom World - Episode 4 Preview
Reina Ep :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h19r9WfRr8
Jan 22, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2012
Tennouji said:
anilandrot said:
Why did she not touch herself in the first fight to get that earth stuff going? Seems like she would've won that way and then we didn't need the memory bullshit

You clearly see that she defeated those two TOGETHER WITH Haruhiko. Stop being stupid.

He didn't do shit though only that spin to win
Oh well I guess this is the kind of anime you shouldn't think too much about
Jan 22, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2010
What the hell happened to the pacing this episode? it felt all over the place, and was that black haired girl always this annoying?

felt like i watched a completely different show this week
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 22, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was an okay episode, I did enjoy it but at the moment i'm wondering if this is just how it is going to be all the time random fun slice of life? or will it go more serious along the road? Also felt weird that Koito was introduced in the last episode and then was not in this at all like they could have switch this episode and the last episode and it would have been fine. But I did enjoy seeing Mai and learning a little of her past and seeing Reina get jealous over pretty much a date between Mai and Haruhiko which i can totally ship lol. The action in this was pretty awesome seeing Haruhiko seem like he is going to be a baddass but end up having no stamina was funny along with that move that they saw in the movie was cool. Overall I enjoyed this episode but it wasn't anything special but maybe we will see how much better it gets in the next episodes.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AHJVDP60o8&feature=youtu.be
Jan 22, 2016 7:11 PM

Oct 2013
Reina best girl ♥

Jan 22, 2016 7:12 PM

Jun 2012
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
TitanAnteus said:

It's not a love triangle but a love line XD, but it's KyoAni, so that feeling of jealousy is probably not romantic but something else. Heck it might not even be targeted at Mai. We still don't know why Reina calls Mai onee-sama.

Haruhiko ---> Reina ----> Mai ----- ????

it seems that you did not understand that KyoAni distorts the true sense of the scene compared to LN.
In this part of the LN, Reina is jealous of Haruhiko, and Mai begins to show feelings for Haruhiko.
See yuribaits of Reina and Kumiko in Hibike all edition of KyoAni, she does it in all its animes.

search the interview of one of the directors of Key, that It occurred in 2014, where he explains why Key refused the proposal made by KyoAni for adapting Little Busters!
Election was categorically states that Key refused the proposal of KyoAni, because KyoAni wanted to make big changes in Little Busters! and adding extra content (fanservice+yuri).
Renowned writers with Jun Maeda and Romeo Tanaka refuses to work and take their works to be adapted by KyoANi

Nagomu Torii (writer of Kyōkai no Kanata), makes harsh criticism of Kyoani about what they did with their work..

It seems that people do not have conscience that everything that KyoAni do is edit, rewrite, cut important scenes, add fanservice + yuri or fujo content,in the adaptations that they make.

KumaKing said:
Nah it'll be a harem later let's be honest. It's based off a LN afterall

KyoAni already made major editions relating to LN, as he did in Hibike.

By the way, were Clannad and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu edited too or this kind of editing started after both? I haven't read those LN's...
Jan 22, 2016 10:38 PM

May 2015
haha i'm almost think haruhiko will have mai's power forever

nice tho ep 4/5
Jan 23, 2016 1:59 AM

Jan 2011
Comic_Sans said:
I almost fell asleep during this episode
Ditto, I could barely sit through this. I actually haven't watched more than half of it.
Jan 23, 2016 2:24 AM

Oct 2014
Thought that this episode was rather decent tbh. We did actually get some development between the characters and we still have that unknown little girl with her teddy bear Albrecht.

But yeah, the story is still very simple and kinda lackluster. Although I love the visuals, as I do with all KyoAni shows
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2016 4:17 AM

Jun 2012
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
Snaita said:
By the way, were Clannad and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu edited too or this kind of editing started after both? I haven't read those LN's...

Clannad After Story and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya were the last two animes that do not suffer from this type of editing and also the previous adaptations to them: Full Metal Panic!, Air, Clannad, Kanon, Kanon 2006.

Probably KyoAni did not shit in Full Metal Panic!, adaptations and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, because the fan base of the related source material for these three is huge, KyoAni did not want to play with fire, they were conscious that if they do their editions of shits and also the use of his famous original content: excessive fanservice + yuribait in one of them, and this would reflect negatively both in sales as in the anime audience.

I had forgotten of Nagaru Tanigawa (creator and author of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is another who broke with the KyoAni, your series is a spinoff of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, was adapted by another studio.

Hyouka was the anime that has initiated this type of editing, Hyouka was also the anime that started the famous: ''yuribait'' in adaptations made by KyoAni, after Hyouka all the adaptations made by kyoAni, suffered big editions, scene cut important, changes of meanings and senses the scenes and history in relation to the source material. Especially the addition of the original content of KyoAni (excess of fanservice, yuribait and fujobait).

The scenes between Eru and Irisu (Hyouka), was the one that gave beginning to the regrettable and unpleasant: reign of the accretion of ''yuribaits'' in adaptations made by Kyoani.

this yuribait shit was not present in the source material

Here is the list of shits that KyoAni has done in their adaptations after Clannad After Story:

-Hyouka - adding yuribait between Eru and Irisu.

-Chunibyo - editions, important scenes cuts, alterations in the characters' personality change the characters, adding yuribait between Nibutani and Dekomori.

-Kyoukai no Kanata - completely rewritten, seemed an anime totally unique, change in story, in personality of characters, adding scenes fujoshi between Akihito and Hiroomi, stupid glasses fetish.

-Amagi - too much fanservice, less development, adding yuribait between two of the elementary girls.

-Hibike - increasing the amount of yuri in the story to the point almost everyone who don't know about the books thinks this is a yuri show.

-Musaigen no Phantom World - episode 1 and 2 are focused on fanservice instead of getting more into the story, adding yuribait - adding original stuff like episode 3er.

Well I really like some of those works with the exception of Hibike(lol I too thought it was a Yuri show), animation alone is awesome on all of them. But it always made me a little curious why those characters would go up like that to their female friends, never tought it was "yuri bait" or Akihito x Hiroomi "fujo bait"(thought this too was part of the story), but dammn it makes sense. Seems like they found a profitable way to commercialize their anime and won't stop.
Thank you, nice knowing what to expect from KyoAni. Oh that explains why they planned to adapt one volume on their series that only has two volumes, they will probably drag the story with shit.
SnaitaJan 23, 2016 4:39 AM
Jan 23, 2016 5:50 AM

Jan 2013
Snaita said:

Well I really like some of those works with the exception of Hibike(lol I too thought it was a Yuri show), animation alone is awesome on all of them. But it always made me a little curious why those characters would go up like that to their female friends, never tought it was "yuri bait" or Akihito x Hiroomi "fujo bait"(thought this too was part of the story), but dammn it makes sense. Seems like they found a profitable way to commercialize their anime and won't stop.
Thank you, nice knowing what to expect from KyoAni. Oh that explains why they planned to adapt one volume on their series that only has two volumes, they will probably drag the story with shit.

While I agree, that Kyoani has been adding "bait" since Hyouka, I don't think it's right to make sweeping generalizations.

Amagi Brilliant Park was actually pretty well adapted. The original only "feels" like it has less fanservice since it was in a different medium. The anime didn't pile on heaps of it or anything.

Musaigen No Phantom World's original LN had a lot of internal dialogue and was paced like a LN. To adapt it into a 12 episode anime and still retain its original sense of wonder and general fun they made some changes like adding a talking fairy character that takes the brunt of the explanations. They also shifted around story events for reasons I can't tell right now.

They do add yuribait and fujobait to almost all their shows though. I mean Free! is one of their most profitable anime after all. Also, it's not like fujoshi and yurilovers hate regular romance so adding that other stuff as flavor seems to be fair to them.
Jan 23, 2016 7:52 AM

Dec 2013
Still can't bring myself to like this anime..
Jan 23, 2016 10:20 AM

Jun 2012
TitanAnteus said:
Snaita said:

While I agree, that Kyoani has been adding "bait" since Hyouka, I don't think it's right to make sweeping generalizations.

Amagi Brilliant Park was actually pretty well adapted. The original only "feels" like it has less fanservice since it was in a different medium. The anime didn't pile on heaps of it or anything.

Musaigen No Phantom World's original LN had a lot of internal dialogue and was paced like a LN. To adapt it into a 12 episode anime and still retain its original sense of wonder and general fun they made some changes like adding a talking fairy character that takes the brunt of the explanations. They also shifted around story events for reasons I can't tell right now.

They do add yuribait and fujobait to almost all their shows though. I mean Free! is one of their most profitable anime after all. Also, it's not like fujoshi and yurilovers hate regular romance so adding that other stuff as flavor seems to be fair to them.

I can see past all that if the plot and story of the source doesn't get change by it. It bothers me that they make all this changes in this animes to "fish in" watchers, but in the end they don't bother to make sequels or adapt something all the way. Then when some people switch between anime and LN and vice-versa they get disappointed.
Jan 23, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
Snaita said:
TitanAnteus said:

I can see past all that if the plot and story of the source doesn't get change by it. It bothers me that they make all this changes in this animes to "fish in" watchers, but in the end they don't bother to make sequels or adapt something all the way. Then when some people switch between anime and LN and vice-versa they get disappointed.

They're like the only studios to do season 2s though.
Jan 23, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
good art but poor plot story if i would say...
Well Duh...

Jan 23, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2014
This episode was good. Just like the ones before it.

Jan 23, 2016 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
Did Ichijou really just used red paint to summon a demon? This is beyond fucking retarded, I'm still in shock right now holy shit.
Jan 23, 2016 5:31 PM

Jan 2011
policemanking said:
Did Ichijou really just used red paint to summon a demon? This is beyond fucking retarded, I'm still in shock right now holy shit.
Shit didn't make no sense. Like was it that much of a fucking bother to cut yourself for the action? Cheap shit is cheap.
Jan 23, 2016 8:58 PM

Jun 2012
TitanAnteus said:
Snaita said:

They're like the only studios to do season 2s though.

Still, Hyouka and onward I haven't seen a single anime getting a full adaptation from them.
Jan 23, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
This is turning out much better than what the first episode led me to believe. It's fun.
Jan 24, 2016 2:22 AM

Aug 2008
policemanking said:
Let's be honest, it's just a crappy plush toy that will probably be some kind of merchandise when DVD/BD come out. Spit would be too much of a price to pay for summoning something like that...

That mutt could be explained as a poor joke the first time he failed the summon, but if it they turn it into a running gag then... well, fuck them.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 24, 2016 5:16 AM
Jan 2016
I enjoyed it for the most part, but what that "coincidence" in the beginning is too good to be true. Do you guys think Reina likes Mai-chan or Haruhiko?
Jan 24, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
policemanking said:

You wanted him to use actual blood?

That would be retarded, since he can define his own parole.

Makes you wonder why that Red head has such a long one though.
Jan 24, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2012
I still really like the setting of this anime, but the cast and storytelling is so freaking lackluster! The memory stuff was total bull too.

I'm out. Dropped.
Jan 24, 2016 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
Action bits were pretty good and I liked the twist the the main chick wasn't as nice a kid as she thought. That was a kinda nice twist in my opinion, too often they make the MCs all saints.

Kinda wish they'd done something with her realisation that she was a bit of a dick when she was younger. Everyone just seemed fine with it, even the people she bullied. Felt like it had no pay off.
Jan 25, 2016 2:47 AM

Oct 2008
That huge jugs of Mai Always gets me distracted!
d'awwwww Reina also wants to be like family with the two MC, and also wants to be always patted (like a dog?)
The episode is a bit not ineresting, but the good part is when the memories seeped-in to Haruhiko, he was able to know the sizes of Mai and know the grade when Mai 1st wears a bra...haha hilarious.
But also fighting animation is also KyoAni greatness!
I'm really excited about the introduction of cuteness loli moe overload of Kurumi (VA Kuno Misaki)
4/5.

Jan 25, 2016 4:36 AM

Jan 2016
I was actually planning to drop this anime after this episode,but it was the best episode so far.
I feel a little bit disappointed,because I think they could've done Mai's past a little bit darker and deeper,because it was a good material for that,but they just made it into not funny comedy (at least in my opinion).
But I still liked it and the animation in this episode was beautiful so imma continue watching this title :)
Jan 26, 2016 1:37 AM

Sep 2013
Reina with chines dress so lovely
Jan 26, 2016 9:33 PM

Nov 2012
I can't take this show seriously. Maybe I'm not supposed to take it seriously at all, but the show definitely tries to.

I wish they discussed about how those two girls became phantoms. Perhaps they were phantoms to begin with? What angers me is that Mai never questioned those two, about how they became phantoms to begin with, but again, we don't know if they were phantoms to begin with.

tl;dr - I'm not happy with this show, and I feel like I'm wasting my time, but I'll continue because I heard that it gets better, or is supposed to anyways.
UsaraDarkJan 26, 2016 9:38 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jan 26, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
Reina is beautiful in a Chinese dress O.O. I laughed each time she said : "mayonnaise-sama".
Looking forward to a story with several episodes.
Jan 27, 2016 12:43 AM

Dec 2009
Beautiful chinese dress? those are like classy versions of chinese martial arts practice uniforms lol. Mai uses something similar to tai chi.

It's definitely neat to see very modern scientific study referenced in anime. Recent achievements in memory and cognition are primitive imaging of mental pictures, as well as deactivating and reactivating memories.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 27, 2016 5:23 AM

May 2009
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
-Musaigen no Phantom World - episode 1 and 2 are focused on fanservice instead of getting more into the story, adding yuribait - adding original stuff like episode 3er.

What story? It's ecchi harem comedy. There is no plot so far.
Jan 27, 2016 7:46 AM

Jun 2014
This show is so dumb but I like it anyway :D
Jan 27, 2016 12:50 PM
Dec 2012
bastek66 said:
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:

this show isn't listed as ecchi or harem
Curry-Kun said:
I notice the current trend that if you don't like a same-gender relationship regardless of what the reason might be, people would demonize you as if you're Hitler reincarnation or something.
Jan 27, 2016 3:42 PM

Dec 2009
purpletoddy said:
bastek66 said:
this show isn't listed as ecchi or harem
Having boob jokes doesn't make it ecchi, and having more girls that guys doesn't make it harem.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 27, 2016 4:00 PM

Dec 2015
Enjoyable episode. Good action and funny. Nice catch Haruhiko...
Lol at when he started fighting using Mai's abilities and then got tied straight away.

Jan 27, 2016 4:43 PM

May 2009
GenesisAria said:
having more girls that guys doesn't make it harem.

All three have crush on him in LNs so it is a harem.
Jan 27, 2016 9:31 PM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
GenesisAria said:
having more girls that guys doesn't make it harem.

So its Mai, Reina. But who's the third?
Jan 28, 2016 2:45 AM

May 2009
Magito said:
bastek66 said:

Koito of course. Who else do you think?
Jan 28, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
Magito said:

Koito of course. Who else do you think?

Me thinks it could be Kurumi or Ruru.
Jan 28, 2016 5:48 AM
Dec 2009
The phantoms are actually more serious kind of creatures than I expected them to be.

Definitely a love triangle / harem coming on though...
Jan 28, 2016 5:52 AM

May 2009
Magito said:

They are anime original.
Jan 28, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
bastek66 said:
Magito said:

They are anime original.

Oh I see. I kinda understand what that means.
Jan 28, 2016 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
Magito said:
bastek66 said:

They are anime original.

Oh I see. I kinda understand what that means.

It means that they didn't exist in the source at all. Those characters weren't written as part of the story in the Light Novel.
They only exist in the anime.
Jan 28, 2016 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
anilandrot said:
Tennouji said:

You clearly see that she defeated those two TOGETHER WITH Haruhiko. Stop being stupid.

He didn't do shit though only that spin to win
Oh well I guess this is the kind of anime you shouldn't think too much about

He still made it. The spinning technique won't be possible if Haruhiko didn't use that touching-your-own-body technique, in which only Mai knows about it and that proves he still needs the memory thing.

Well, I guess it's true on your part that you didn't think too much about it.

Jan 29, 2016 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
Not a bad episode. What's with the stalker child, though?

That memory thing was 100% implausible but it's fantasy so I can't condemn it for that.

Also, harem incoming *sighs*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2016 5:14 AM

Aug 2015
Ok, so I decided to try to post my reaction so far and keep doing it till the end of the series hopefully.
So so far the show was pretty disappointing, I know its only ep 3 but lets say that in comparison to other Kyoani show, this is by far the worse.

Lets start with this episode:
The visuals in this episode were not bad, so far the visuals in the series were pretty great actually but that is to be expected from a Kyoani show.

I dont really understand the purpose of this episode at all and I hate a lot of things about it.
First of all, who wanna bet with me that we will never see that "memory-altering thingy" through out the whole series again because the episode was a filler and because the concept it-self is ridiculously stupid and point less: So you found out that you can alter people's memories through bumping your head into one another, that can open multiple ways to change the world with people transferring information to one another and a lot of other things that can be abused in a bad and good way and I will stop talking because it wont go nowhere anyway...

Secondly, the story in the episode was strange and stupid: So you want me to believe that those two phantom girls were training for 10+ years to defeat Mai and lost because Haruhiko suddenly joined her??? If I were training 2/3 of my life to defeat some guy focusing only on that notion than I would probably wont lose. I know that Mai has martial art training her self but she has to be weaker than both of them no matter what. Also, this whole:"I forgot I was being violent and hyper active" bullshit is also stupid. If I would remember my self as a quiet kid in the past than maybe I would have more than 1 memory to back me up... People dont become what they are because of memories but because of years of development, especially in your early days.

The series it self is pretty disappointing in its structure so far.
The reason why I hate this show the most so far out of all the Kyoani shows that I watched is because it has by far the worse base setting to it.
I mean, lets just compare few other shows to see where im pointing at --
Chuuni - had the concept of developing Rika's and Yuuta's relationship and dealing with her chuunibiyou problems, and you knew it from the second episode.
Clannad- had the concept of developing Tomoya's and Nagisa's relationship while having interaction with other secondary characters ( but it was mainly focused on them).
Kyoukai no Kanata(probably the most similar show to Musaigen no Phantom) -- had the concept of dealing with creatures to make profit while simultaneously developing Mirai's and Akihito's relationship and you knew that from episode 2.

We're here on ep 3 in Musaigen and I have still many questions unanswered with no idea how many things work. Why are they fighting? Why does a school allow such a thing? How does the powers work? What is the goal of the series? How does Phantom's work? many many other questions that come from lack of explanation and pacing.

I also really hate the new "boob service"... If you ask me, Kyoani had fan service in their shows but never to this extend with so much focus.

Overall I quess I'm pretty disappointed so far and I really hope that it will become better in the future.
Jan 30, 2016 7:40 AM
Dec 2012
This episode can be said as asspull tactics. How the fk can you propose a new method and it gets effect in not more than 1 episodes. Wutt? How can memories be transplant from one person to another so easily? Won't it clash together and cause problems? And how can you jump so high just from learning the memories, I don't even want to question anymore. Anime logic as its finest.

All of that is not important, The most important is that stalking loli is so cutee >.< (I wanna eat her)
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

144 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.