Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 17, 2016 8:16 PM
Feb 2015
Ok so, what I still don't understand to this day is what is so bad about what Homura did. She literally made the world better. Everyone is human again and can all live together happily. So why then is Sayaka so mad for? She says "Do you realize you've done.....you've broken off a part of the Law of Cycles......the power of salvation that was the hope of all magical girls....do you intend to destroy the universe?"

So are their witches again or what?? Homura only talks about the wraiths after this, and says she only took a record of what Madoka used to be, so isn't the Law of cycles still intact?? What is so bad? Also, Homura is pretty beaten up about what she did but why? Everyone can be happy now. No more witches, shes working on getting rid of wraiths, and everyone is human again. Please help me understand what was so evil about splitting Madoka?
Feb 3, 2016 6:28 AM

Jun 2014
I think the main thing most people are pissed off about is the fact that she "undermined" Godoka by pulling her human form from the Law of Cycles.

The LoC is still intact since only wraiths exist. So Madoka now exists in two forms.
However, her minions Sayaka & Nagisa have somehow been pulled along and can no longer return to the LoC. They're MG/Witch hybrids who are immortal so I doubt they can live a normal life for long.

What she's done isnt necessarily an evil thing. Just selfish. But her conversation with Sayaka at the end suggests that she will mess with the world according to her whims.

I believe the universal law that Homura tinkered with involved the subjugation of the Incubators. It was a mess she created after all.
I think the self-loathing aspect comes from the fact that she separated Madoka from the LoC against her will.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1042 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.