Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 16, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Izaya is such a trick pony. His mischievous personality even has Anri wondering.

A good amount of transition this episode as it continuously builds up more for this arc.
Celty and Shrina still shares a good chemistry. I think Anri is perhaps digging a bit more into what she should not know. Erika is such a good friend to her~
Stark700Jan 16, 2016 8:17 AM
Jan 16, 2016 8:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shit is getting real once again and all of this happened in a very informative female centered episode =o

I really enjoyed seeing the inner struggle within Anri again as well as her interactions with Erika and most of all Izaya whom conveyed his goals for Mikado and Masaomi to her in style in a way that only he can lol....But I'm very interested to see where the three way Saika subplot goes

However, slowly but surely, Izaya's little group is falling apart becaue of internal sabotage (I don't like that girl that tried to kill him at all tbh) and everyone being fake about their loyalty to him, so I can't help but feel like he's gonna get screwed so hard soon :(

Great episode overall though, lots of foreshadowing all around and that ending has me even now worried now that Celty's head is out in the public as well as seeing Celty herself fallout like that TwT
TokoyaJan 16, 2016 8:34 AM
Jan 16, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode and Izaya doing his thing. Thankfully Erika was there to calm things down.
Jan 16, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
When celty get her head back.. omg it will be glorious.

if this happens.... i don't know since i don't read the novel.
Jan 16, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
things are about to get crazier than they already are, great!
:3
Jan 16, 2016 8:35 AM

Aug 2015
Another great episode really liking how this is turning out, I feel really bad for Anri in all of this but i love how Erika is so sweet to her. Izaya is being awesome as ever but the ending with Celtys head though! I wonder what Izaya is planing to do with Mikado and Kida, very interesting episode.
LunitaJan 16, 2016 8:44 AM
Jan 16, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2012
that was a pretty intense ending, with celty's head appearing in public and her collapsing. and the scene with izaya and anri was pretty awesome, especially when they showed her inner struggle. i feel bad for her though.
Jan 16, 2016 8:42 AM

Aug 2010
Erika's awesome. Loved how she dealt with Rocchi and bitch slapped Izaya XD

F***n Izaya tho "I've had nothing to do with those 2 recently...because I'm just about to start messing with them" lol

Never change man XD I wonder what he was planning if Anri really attacked him ^^; He couldn't have been 100% sure she wouldn't right...

Some nice focus we got there on Anri.

Flustered Celty was so kawaiiii. I don't get why she fainted at the end tho. Shock or sth else?

And really wonder what Izaya's reaction to seeing Celty's head like that will be lol
Jan 16, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2015
Izaya is one awesome guy!!
Jan 16, 2016 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
Omg. this show is so intense. Celty fainted!

Jan 16, 2016 9:05 AM

Sep 2014
Izaya was amazing this episode.
Also, it's interesting that Anri wanted to tell Erika about saika.
Jan 16, 2016 9:09 AM

Aug 2015
Really gave me a good laugh when Erika thought that it was a confession from Anri or that she planned a foursome... xD
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jan 16, 2016 9:17 AM

May 2009
I love that Anri x Erika scene.

Is Celty gonna go there and take her head or someone else will take it before her or is it part of Izaya's plan ?
Jan 16, 2016 9:35 AM

May 2015
Celty better get her head back soon.

Foolish Orange haired girl thinks she is going to come out on top. And looks like Izaya's group isn't as loyal to him as expected. But I'm sure he has a plan for that.

Great episode. But we need more Mikado.
Jan 16, 2016 9:52 AM

Oct 2015
Izaya continues to be one of my all time favourite characters and top favourite villain. Just too perfect!

I wonder what Celty would do with her head if she got it back, would she try to attach it or something? I feel like it's probably been talked about before and I missed something.

I find myself surprisingly liking Erika which I didn't before. I defo ship her with Anri, they would be super cute together. Although with the way she dealt with Izaya and his BS I could ship Izaya X Erika too... Durarara has so many fun ships~ God you could just ship anyone with anyone in this anime and somehow it still makes sense in some way.

Jan 16, 2016 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
Izaya provoking Anri like that was pretty intense. She legit wanted to kill him and I wonder what tricks he had up his sleeve if she did attack. Lol at Erika before that though, thinking it was a yuri confession or a foursome.

That ending though........things are definitely starting to get more interesting now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 16, 2016 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
An enormous improvement compared to last week's episode. It felt like quite a lot happened this time, and it's starting to get very intense yet again. I almost thought, for a moment, that the head they found was either Anri's or Niekawa's, but for it to be Celty's makes more sense I suppose. Izaya's provocation of Anri also caught my attention because of how tense it was, and that wasn't just down to how they presented it either.

I do feel that we need to see more of what Mikado is up to, as Celty made it clear that his plans are still progressing.
Jan 16, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2014
It was the second time, Anri met Izaya. And the interaction between them was cool.
Jan 16, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
Another great DRR episode. All the things coming together sure is nice to see.

thebrentinator24 said:
She legit wanted to kill him and I wonder what tricks he had up his sleeve if she did attack.

One of the thoughts Anri had this episode was that someone like Izaya being slashed by Saika most likely would turn into another Haruna Niekawa - in that he would overcome the control and use the power for himself.
Jan 16, 2016 10:36 AM

Oct 2014

Why is it that I hate this guy so much that I love him ? >///<
Quality bad heroes are best.

Erika being the best sis again.

Next episode preview Mikado is there, I want to really see how much development they are going to push on to him :3
IizyJan 16, 2016 10:40 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 16, 2016 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode of Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

But damn it, I want more to be honest.

The interaction between Anri and Izaya was so nice for me, and Erika defending and helping Anri is so nice though >___<

I feel like I want to kill the ORANGE HAIR GIRL BITCHY.
Jan 16, 2016 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Another great episode!
This show has so many amazing characters <3 It's bliss
Jan 16, 2016 10:49 AM

Mar 2014

BEST GRILL COMING THROUGH
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 16, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
Loved the Anri and Erika moments. Izaya's plotting once again, too. Wonder what'll happen now that Celty's head has come back.
Jan 16, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
Such a great episode, it really made me want more. The interaction between Anri and Izaya was pretty interesting, but the end of the episode was even better.

Don't know how this show does it but it's incredibly intense without having to give every character a sword or super powers.
Jan 16, 2016 1:09 PM

Feb 2013
Erika's just amazing! That cliffhanger at the end though, I wonder who will keep her head now.
Jan 16, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2012
Hahaha, such a great episode. I love watching this unfold. But poor Izaya is going to get screwed over soon, ne. Again. Well, I can only hope that they'll eventually anime SH and the Sunset novels.

Izaya, as usual, is my favorite a**hole. And sure, he's not a good person. He's a terrible person much more often than not, but I don't think he's the worst in this series. Otherwise, I do enjoy the ErikaxAnri BROTP. And Chikage was very amusing. And we find out a bit more about Kujiragi too.

I noticed this already, but it's just hilarious to see all of the spoilers in the ED. Especially Simon. And damn, I love the OP. Can't wait for next week's episode. Not looking forward to Izaya getting the short end of the stick, but I'll live.

Still upset at the removal of Tsukumoya Shinichi from the anime though.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jan 16, 2016 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
Anri so close to killing Izaya with Saika.
Good thing Karisawa is there.
Rokujo makes his return.
Shinra and Celty are so cute together.
Looks like Celty's head is out in the public for everyone to see and Celty faints.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 16, 2016 1:39 PM

Feb 2014
Like always, Durarara delivers.
Izaya is trolling as always, provoking Anri to the point of wanting to kill him.
I agree, Izaya will probably overcome Saikas posession as he already loves all human.
So ehh is Erika bi as she said she dont mind either way ? It would suit her though.
Celtys head being showed in public was a suprise but I think Izaya dont care either way, I doubt he would be careless for his precious things and in the preview it doesnt look like his mood changed
Jan 16, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2010
A solid episode, but I confess that this season is well below the other, not by focusing on less interesting characters, but it seems that the plot does not walk ...

I hope it happens some great shit next to improve everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jan 16, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
That moment with Izaya provoking Anri was intense. Good thing Erika was there to ease the situation. lol at everybody asleep and Walter is just there watching anime.
Jan 16, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
A women-centered episode. This is so good
Jan 16, 2016 2:31 PM
Aug 2014
Am I the only one who truly dislikes Izaya? I hate that dude.
Jan 16, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
Izaya's analogies are just out of this world. You know he needs his regular entertainment of screwing with both Mikado and Masaomi. Anri might have attacked but I doubt she's on the same level as Shizuo, hence he would come out unscathed anyway. The goose chase revolving around that head further intensifies which just makes me giggle all the time. Celty collapsing due to shock from finding out or what? Fab episode.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 16, 2016 2:37 PM

Oct 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Izaya's analogies are just out of this world. You know he needs his regular entertainment of screwing with both Mikado and Masaomi. Anri might have attacked but I doubt she's on the same level as Shizuo, hence he would come out unscathed anyway. The goose chase revolving around that head further intensifies which just makes me giggle all the time. Celty collapsing due to shock from finding out or what? Fab episode.

Yeah pretty much, Anri attacked him before and he barely showed any effort in stopping her. Also, Saika in that crazy looking chick attacked him as well, and he stopped that. Pretty much Izaya is on a different level with Shizou and Celty? Just imo

Celty collapsing because of a effect her head has on her, and not just shock. At least it seems that way, I doubt she would just faint at the sight of her own head already having suspected that it was hers considering she looked it up like that.

Jan 16, 2016 2:50 PM

Apr 2011
My mouth dropped when that head showed up
Jan 16, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, this was a really excellent episode. It's been awhile since I've been so intrigued I was disappointed when the episode ended. The scene with Anri and Izaya was super intense and Erika is so great. Seeing the head was really surprising.

5/5
[center][/center]
Jan 16, 2016 4:28 PM

Jun 2014
Tokoya said:
Shit is getting real once again and all of this happened in a very informative female centered episode =o

I really enjoyed seeing the inner struggle within Anri again as well as her interactions with Erika and most of all Izaya whom conveyed his goals for Mikado and Masaomi to her in style in a way that only he can lol....But I'm very interested to see where the three way Saika subplot goes

However, slowly but surely, Izaya's little group is falling apart becaue of internal sabotage (I don't like that girl that tried to kill him at all tbh) and everyone being fake about their loyalty to him, so I can't help but feel like he's gonna get screwed so hard soon :(

Great episode overall though, lots of foreshadowing all around and that ending has me even now worried now that Celty's head is out in the public as well as seeing Celty herself fallout like that TwT

Knowing Izaya, He already knows about this :P
Jan 16, 2016 4:56 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
bruuuuuuuuh
Now the chase for the head has begun
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 16, 2016 5:27 PM

Oct 2014
inb4 that monster policeman gets it xD
Jan 16, 2016 5:46 PM

Jul 2010
bruuuuh, this was so intense, i'm so hype i love how the animation is really better compared to the previous cours
Jan 16, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2015
Izaya you baka... being evil and hot at the same time (=>.<=)
This episode was awesome... it was so intense ♥ ♥ ♥ just loved it !! Kyaa Izayaaaaa ♥__♥
Jan 16, 2016 5:57 PM

Feb 2015
Annuvin said:
Will Celty finally get her head back? :o
It's been so many years, so many seasons.

Spoiler alert.. don't click if you don't wanna know.. you asked so i replied .. :v
Jan 16, 2016 6:51 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty good episode, Izaya always make DRRR interesting.
Jan 16, 2016 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
Erika being the best support again and cutting Izaya bullshit was great to see.

Also, this cour lacks too much on Shizuo and Mikado screen time, I hope this change with the next episodes.
Jan 16, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2009
I love Erika.

I wanted to punch Izaya in this episode. He was so cruel to Anri.

Another great episode, as usual.
Jan 16, 2016 8:26 PM

Dec 2014
Izaya greatness xD, He never fails to make the episode so much fun.

Great episode. The heard is out in the open now :o, Things are starting to heat up.

"If you're a man, You can't be too careful"
Jan 16, 2016 8:49 PM
Sep 2013
Izaya being the awesome troll he is, nearly breaking Anri's spirit if it wasn't for Erika.

Also learn more about Kujiragi's past so she's the half-sister of Ruri's mother? which means not only is she a saika wielder, but she was already superhuman to begin with? Damn she must be strong.

An interesting part I read up after watching this episode, which comes from the novel says that if Izaya is considered naturally evil then Kujiragi is a human created from humans. So whilst Izaya himself has chosen his current path, Kujiragi has been forced with hers, even now.

I wonder who planned for the head to be revealed to the public Izaya or Kujiragi?

The only part I didn't get about this episode is how did Celty come to the solution that Kujiragi was behind the attack on Shinra? Only Izaya/Mikage and Kine knows the truth about the Yodogiri group.
Zetsubo667Jan 16, 2016 8:52 PM
Jan 16, 2016 10:38 PM

Sep 2011
Loved the narration and how things played out this episode.

Anri seems to be having a bad day, meeting two people she doesn't really want to meet.

That ending though.
Jan 16, 2016 11:01 PM

Jul 2014
The heat in the atmosphere was so real!

Props to Erika.

OhhPlease said:
Izaya continues to be one of my all time favourite characters and top favourite villain. Just too perfect!

I wonder what Celty would do with her head if she got it back, would she try to attach it or something? I feel like it's probably been talked about before and I missed something.

I find myself surprisingly liking Erika which I didn't before. I defo ship her with Anri, they would be super cute together. Although with the way she dealt with Izaya and his BS I could ship Izaya X Erika too... Durarara has so many fun ships~ God you could just ship anyone with anyone in this anime and somehow it still makes sense in some way.

Mikado X Simon
:P
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

260 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 10, 9:31 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

74 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

157 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:49 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

95 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.