Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 16, 2016 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The OP song is okay I guess, somewhat catchy and also has some sad montage scenes in it.

Azuma's abilities improved more than I had expected tbh. I wasn't entirely expecting that. Glad to see the kids gaining some ground against the guys hunting them down though. Really neat action this episode. The OST is still impressive while we get more Bubuki performance. Crazy episode.

The redhead shows no mercy
Jan 16, 2016 7:22 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The OP is decent. Luckily those kids aren't just for show and they can actually do something. The CG presentation still works well. Overall, this was more of an action-packed episode compared to the first episode. I do like the pacing of this anime so far.

4/5
Jan 16, 2016 7:45 AM
Dec 2011
Feels like it will be a non-stop action show.
Jan 16, 2016 7:56 AM

Aug 2015
Liked the action in this episode. The redhead's laugh annoys me a little. Other than that the episode was enjoyable.
Jan 16, 2016 7:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The villains in this series are crazy strong O_O I fucking love it

The action was great and the CGI visuals matched it perfeclt enough for my taste....Animation was pretty good too surprisingly

I like how dark and serious this series gets and how the characters interact with one another....Their motives are pretty straightforward but to hear what they had to go through in life is pretty tough for a kid to handle

Reoko is one crazy bitch though lol but boy is she very menacing and very powerful for someone that isn't even at full strength....I wonder why she hates Azuma's mom though (For some reason part of me thinks that maybe she's somehow related to the twin sister but idek at this point) whom is confirmed alive for those who thought she died

Overall great episode, the pacing was fine and we got a really solid mecha fight to boot as well....The OP is okay but that ED is awesome
TokoyaJan 16, 2016 8:04 AM
Jan 16, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
The op is cathy, but the animation sequence is somewhat generic. The story tries to be diferent, let see where this show can reach, i hope for something above average
Jan 16, 2016 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty fun OP & ED

Well that certainly didn't feel like a 2nd ep ^^; I thought Reoko would be a final boss but they already had a climatic battle with her this early. Really tho u can tell the main cast are a bunch of kids. So much immature banter between them. At least Kogane is a cute <3 and Azuma is at least not as useless as I feared from last week.

Still hoping we get to get back to that calming atmosphere that was in the 1st half of last weeks ep. That's what drew me in tbh
Jan 16, 2016 8:22 AM

Mar 2015
I dropped this from a 9 to 7 over this episode mostly due to my personal preference. Hiiragi got lot's of attention but I really wanted to see how Azuma reacted to what was going, which he didn't half the time. Instead, I got all those typical shounen lines about friendship and teamwork and stuff. Azuma and Kogane's (probable eventual romantic) relationship seems really obvious. So like my main problem with the show is the execution and dialogue.

Also, when Oubu was stomping around the city, I didn't really feel like the heroes were heroes. Banryuu Ryoko discriminates against Bubuki users, however, the fall of the Buranki also affects the rest of the populace in a supposed negative way. The way Oubu is destroying skyscrapers while a homeless dude comments about it is not helping either. In the end though, I still understand why the protags are the heroes and Ryoko's group is the villain, if only for Ryoko being truly maniacal. I dunno, it's just really my own opinion on this since this is a discussion thread.

What I liked about the show was the different motives of Azuma and Hiiragi and the rest of the group, the villains being actual villains. The animation is different from your typical 2D animation. The ED is great.
Jan 16, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
A red Buranki with no arms and legs, but have "Elemental" power. And it's name is... Entei.
Not to mention the owner is kinda creepy and psychotic too. This is gonna be good.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 16, 2016 8:57 AM

Jun 2014
i like to count how many ppl died offscreen with those giant mechas. i guess in that fight were no less than 5000
Jan 16, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
Mecha is my least favourite genre but I absolutely loved that, the action scenes both with the Buranki and the seperate parts were insane. Never though I'd say this but I liked the CGI too.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jan 16, 2016 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
This episode continued right off the bat of the first episode.

So many questions still, they have quite a lot of world-building to do, some background explanation on the characters and of course detailing of the time-skip that occurred, I only have somewhat understanding of this world.

No sight or mention of the sister yet.

This show became Pacific Rim/Power Rangers at the second half which I found amusing. That punch especially reminded me of Gipsy Danger's special move.

Azuma is super annoying, I can already see all the misunderstanding that's going to happen because of his dispute with the hero and the team in general.

Pink haired girl dialogues while short and limited, made me chuckle.Very meta of her.

The hero not knowing he had a "heart" and all of a sudden when the situation called for it, he knew how to teamwork power-up is hard to digest. That or he's a fast learner.

Reoko's laugh is.....over-the-top..waaaay over-the-top.

Visuals are great, hope they cover more story in the coming episode.
Jan 16, 2016 9:20 AM

May 2015
The story still looks interesting, OST and visuals were as great as the first episode though.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jan 16, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
I feel like this is a really underrated show this season, in my opinion it deserves more than a 7.02. While not exactly fresh and amazing,it's still more than decent shonen, with some crazy action and character designs that 50% remind me of Kingdom Hearts and the other 50% of Persona.
Jan 16, 2016 9:34 AM

Jun 2014
Bruh, that Kill La Kill resemblance.. and not just aesthetically
Jan 16, 2016 9:43 AM
Dec 2011
Ein said:

Well the OP is done by Kill la Kill director, and this show itself have some Trigger employees involved too.
Jan 16, 2016 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
Another anime where the MC starts out a sissy little wimp but has an immense power at his disposal, so you are hoping gets better at using it and more confident, etc. But no doubt he will continue to be an irritating little weaksauce pussy the entire season. Downgraded it from 6 to a 5 and will probably be dropping it if the next episode doesn't spruce things up.
Jan 16, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2015
boring episode, feels like a show for children or young teenagers, made to advertise some buranki mecha toys (the edgy guy sucks so hard)

close to dropping this.

Jan 16, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
Well this show turned into complete nonsense pretty fast.
Jan 16, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
Silly. Annoying stupid kids doing annoying stupid things with their annoying stupid super powers.

Painful watching them stand on the magic robot as it fought, even standing on the hand while it was punching. I guess the 8 year olds this is targeted at have no sense of just how stupid that is. And of course they beat the maniacal villain by joining together and trying harder. Ugh.
Jan 16, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
That's my thoughts about those 2 eps

Positive Points
- Action sequences
- Beautiful CGI
- Villains that look insane
- It seems that's gonna have a nice character development
- Very entertaining

Negative Points
- Dialogues that seem foolish/silly
- Forced reaction faces
- Jokes with bad timing (purple haired girl's quotes)
- Slightly generic feeling
Jan 16, 2016 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Reoko is sure one tough opponent!
Jan 16, 2016 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
This show has more hinted romance in 2 eps, then some "romance tag" anime has in a full season. And they are like.. what 10 years old :P
Jan 16, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
Where the hell is Kaoruko?..... Apart from Kogane, who is kind of cute, the other kids are very annoying...
Jan 16, 2016 11:51 AM

Jun 2014
The story screams "generic," but ill stay for the visuals
Jan 16, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
I start liking the series a bit and i even like the CGI. OST and Opening/ Ending are pretty good.
I like anime, games and music.
Jan 16, 2016 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
That Hii-kun kid kind of Pisces me off a bit. Azuma is pretty cool. Lol at the hug scene. That chick's reaction was funny af. The animation is pretty good. I'm liking this anime so far!
Jan 16, 2016 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
red heads starting to take over anime
Jan 16, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
I was not expecting such a giants battle so soon, it was entertaining. I suppose we have time to get some informations later since it is a regular-size series.
The age "revelation" in the post-ending scene was not necessary though, the character suggested it already during the battle. Or is it because kids are targeted?
When I was looking at the battle, I could not help but thought to the first sortie of Shinji (Eva01 vs Sachiel). At least, in Evangelion, there was a safety system to protect the population and the pilot was reminded about the city/civilians damages. Here, it seems they could mindlessly blew out the all neighbourhood without consequence.
Jan 16, 2016 12:53 PM

Feb 2015
i like this episode, the pacing was pretty good. the action was getting good too, i really like it tbh. but just one thing, what happened to his sister and father ? i hope they will reveal it. the op was pretty good, the end was really really good, i like the ed more that the op.
Jan 16, 2016 12:57 PM

Feb 2015
Decent visuals and meaty sound FX. The good parts of the show are being dragged down by some poor dialogue and genrally poor writing. It's still a decent show but could be so much better
Jan 16, 2016 12:58 PM

Nov 2010
Rei366 said:
At least, in Evangelion, there was a safety system to protect the population and the pilot was reminded about the city/civilians damages. Here, it seems they could mindlessly blew out the all neighbourhood without consequence.

I may have mistunderstood , but didn't the angry dude [ can't remember his name] say when they arrived at that grocery store, that the whole area was abandoned ? And it looked like that too, all the buildings were badly damaged or in ruins.
Jan 16, 2016 1:00 PM

Jul 2015
I guess it was an okay episode. Liked the fight between those two titan-things.

Jan 16, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
No mention of his twin or dad. just mother.... what the hell happened?
Jan 16, 2016 2:01 PM
Oct 2012
dreadknightnero said:
Reoko's laugh is.....over-the-top..waaaay over-the-top.

She is a 40 year old woman perpetually trapped in a 16 year old body, must do things to the mind. She is a peer of the mother, who somehow is responsible for her being in that state. I can't see her or the "four kings" as the final villain though.

rafi160 said:
No mention of his twin or dad. just mother.... what the hell happened?

They mentioned the mother, she remained in the "buranki nest" preventing them from falling to earth. That a new buranki recently fell was taken as evidence that she had died, but most likely I am guessing the sister is in it. The father undoubtedly is still with the mother.

Overall nice visuals, but the story is paint by numbers. The use of a team to move a robot reminds me of voltron, which can become a nice touch. But as I said last week I think the worthiness of this show depends on the sister, so I will withhold judgement until she shows up (potentially next week). That I think will provide the spark the plot is currently missing.
Jan 16, 2016 2:43 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
There was some awesome moment but also some ... cringey moment.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 16, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Have to drop in this episode.
Well, first off, I'm not a fan of mecha, but will watch if it is good and this series is not on the list.
Need not say much.
3/10
Jan 16, 2016 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
Honestly that red-head just feels like another generic antagonist with a cringeworthy laugh. Who writes the script these days? Azuma now that he has the 'heart' finally has a foothold in terms of deciding what option to take. They will most definitely try to reunite with the universally hated mother (Keep wrecking shit and making others miserable). The father or sister still remain to be seen and their status is unknown.

The battles between the Buranki (full skeleton/body?) between the kids and what seems to be a God member after I saw the ending visuals. The CG mixed in quite well and overall this show has made a solid start.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 16, 2016 3:31 PM

Sep 2013
Sokah said:
Silly. Annoying stupid kids doing annoying stupid things with their annoying stupid super powers.

Painful watching them stand on the magic robot as it fought, even standing on the hand while it was punching.

This tbh. It started off so well but then idk. Awkward dialogue flow and wrong timing of some scenes with cringe-worthy, generic commentaries from the purple haired girl was too much for me. Also, suddenly taking on this "40-year old" Reoko early in the anime when they just met??? I had to drop it u_u;;
Jan 16, 2016 3:45 PM

Jun 2015
Probably my favorite this season after durarara. Great cgi, great action sequences and a very interesting story. I want to know wtf is going on. Hopefully since the battle ended they can explain some stuff next episode. I wonder how long this anime will be.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jan 16, 2016 5:20 PM

Feb 2014
It turned into a mecha anime which I tend to avoid. Sigh... Hope it will not turn out to be a terrible show.

Kogane is voiced by Ari Ozawa! No wonder it sounds so cute and familiar!
Jan 16, 2016 5:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Iritails said:

Also, when Oubu was stomping around the city, I didn't really feel like the heroes were heroes. Banryuu Ryoko discriminates against Bubuki users, however, the fall of the Buranki also affects the rest of the populace in a supposed negative way. The way Oubu is destroying skyscrapers while a homeless dude comments about it is not helping either. In the end though, I still understand why the protags are the heroes and Ryoko's group is the villain, if only for Ryoko being truly maniacal. I dunno, it's just really my own opinion on this since this is a discussion thread.

Yeah it definitely felt that way when they were destroying the city with Oubu. I assume by the "fall of the Buranki" you meant by Buranki from Treasure Island/sky falling down right. It does negatively affect the populace but why would Reoko put the blame on Migiwa when Migiwa was the the one preventing the fall. If she wasn't able to stop each Buranki from falling, it wouldn't be solely her fault, but whoever put her in the position since it looked like it would eventually be too much for her to handle by herself. Anyways, not sure what I'm arguing about because I think I went off a tangent, but we would need more information about the world, such as Treasure Island and where the Buranki comes from to understand the situation. It does look like so far that Reoko is just crazy, probably partially due to being stuck in a 16 year old body, as Takuan said. Her laugh is annoying asf though x_x So is the other guy. All three bad guys so far are frustrating to watch.

Hiiragi is also a really angry guy. But I understand where his anger comes from. He needs to chill. Props to Saito Soma's voice acting though, first time I've heard him use such a tone of voice and sometimes he sounded like Sasuke...

I agree the dialogue needs some work though. Something about it feels off (especially Azuma, he doesn't feel natural). Other than that, I quite liked the action scenes so far, and we learned a lot about this episode, primarily the characters' motivations.
Jan 16, 2016 9:43 PM

Mar 2009
Dat Megumi Han goodness. I'm obligated to watch now.
Jan 16, 2016 9:46 PM

Jan 2011
D-Joe said:
Ein said:

Well the OP is done by Kill la Kill director, and this show itself have some Trigger employees involved too.

so i wasn't the only one that noticed it something about all the smokey mist that reminds me of KLK

looks like i might only have 2 shows to watch on Saturday giving this one more.
Jan 16, 2016 10:28 PM

Mar 2015
Normally I associate the seiyuu of Azuma, Kobayashi Yuusuke with weak male protags that don't really do much. Arslan, Sougo, that kind of MC. Of course, I actually do like the former (due to the last two episodes) but Comet Lucifer's MC was just horrible.
Jan 16, 2016 11:28 PM

Dec 2015
Zalmox1s said:

I may have mistunderstood , but didn't the angry dude [ can't remember his name] say when they arrived at that grocery store, that the whole area was abandoned ? And it looked like that too, all the buildings were badly damaged or in ruins.

You're right, my bad.
The only inhabitants must be very poor people like in any slum. Come to think of it, maybe this deserted zone will be later explained.
Jan 16, 2016 11:57 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode , this show is so underrated .
Jan 17, 2016 12:42 AM

Jan 2009
damn the CGI is awesome for a cheap show like an anime

so Bubukis are actually limbs of a Buranki heh, and Burankis are giant living robots

lol i think that red haired villain Raeko is the sister of Azuma
Jan 17, 2016 1:02 AM

Dec 2015
j0x said:
I think that red haired villain Raeko is the sister of Azuma

Same idea during the first episode but:
1) She met Azuma's mother before she went up the island.
2) A 40+ year old woman?
Jan 17, 2016 1:09 AM

Aug 2013
1. Boring, I hate non stop action.
2. If characters animation would be 2d, it would look really nice, environment looks great, but 3d characters made it looks awful. If anime in general will go that way, I will stop watching new shows. I can't stand CG.
3. Last chance in next week. If it will be still almost 100% action, then there is nothing which would keep me watching it.
2/5 for nice OP.
rsc-plJan 17, 2016 1:13 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

151 by 0063873192871 »»
Apr 8, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2016

58 by syncrogazer »»
Apr 14, 2020 8:20 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

51 by tokidoki921 »»
Mar 17, 2019 11:51 AM

» licensing

NG_Chloe - Nov 10, 2018

0 by NG_Chloe »»
Nov 10, 2018 5:41 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

88 by Alpha-Methyl »»
Jan 27, 2018 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.