Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2016 10:13 AM
Dec 2014
Subs on Kissanime were horrible.

I never liked CGI but it wasnt terrible tbh. Wish it was simply animated. First episode was average. I liked the Ajin sounds, it was creepy. OP was alright. 6.5/10
Jan 16, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2015
First episode definitely did it's job of keeping me intrigued. We're learning at the pace of the main character which is great, so if I'm left out so is he. The exposition dump at the classroom felt cheesy as fuck.

I'm wondering about what human's think of Ajin and their relationship with them. I'm predicting Japan doesn't want them out of the country because they'd be killing machines in a war scenario.

3.2/5 They didn't show/do much this episode, but it's still decent in it's own right.

Opening is great, with the muffled microphone and soft voice, but it's lacking major in visuals. I don't know much about CGI, but it's INCREDIBLY CHOPPY.

YEAH, YEAH!~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2016 10:27 AM

Feb 2015
DAMN! that was pretty intense.
the CGI was looking good too. and it looks like the MC get Possessed by ajin. i think that is how it works. the ajin live inside his body and the result, he become immortal.
looking foward to the next episode.
Jan 16, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
CGI looks like shit, and I'm not enjoying it.
Jan 16, 2016 10:31 AM
Apr 2014
Tlahuizcapante said:
Drake1000 said:
This CGI is horrid, shit moves at 2 fps it almost feels like it's lagging, even Toei's animation is more bearable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYU_eDMr4xE
If there was a choice, I will better watch Dragon Ball in full CGI, than that slideshow that Toei Animation make. They used CGI in movie, and it's really looks much better than TV-version.

At least Toei's animation moves faster and smoother than this we have here.
The 3D models don't even look that good or detailed in this, really looks like PS2 graphics, it would be bearable if it moved a little more naturaly but it isn't.
Jan 16, 2016 10:38 AM

May 2014
Would have been 9/10 for the first 2 episodes (saw 50 minutes of movie) but because of the CGI it's just a good 8.. What a shame
Jan 16, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2009
I think they really did do spectacular with the CGI (Some people think its horrid, and some of it was, but a lot of it was really good). The soundtrack is awesome, and I really like the story so far. I've been waiting a while for a decent horror anime to come out (Like since parasite ended).
Jan 16, 2016 10:41 AM

May 2014
Best OP this season so far.

I don't get it. Why people tend to complain about different animation styles that much. They did it with God Eater, Katanagatari and now Ajin. Just because it is different, it does not make it bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2016 10:43 AM
Nov 2014
Short Review

Score: 9.5/10
Thoughts: This is amazing! Granted I have some bias because I am a huge fan of the manga, but still. I feel like a watched 2 or 3 episodes. The pacing is very constant and I believe it will be maintained well. The opening scene in Africa is original and I actually liked the addition. The scene where Kei is hit by the bus was a little bit different, but I think it still worked fine. This premier was great because we got the point/direction of the series without revealing every future event, established character norms and their relationships to each other, and started to see some moments of Kei’s true nature (hype). The opening and ending are easily in my top 5 for the season. The last thing to address is the animation and art. I think the art works very well for the series and Ajin would not have the same feeling if it was drawn. The color palette adds to the dark mood, and enhances the mood surrounding the events and the subject matter. The backgrounds are actually pretty good, and the CG overall is quite detailed. My only real complaint for the episode is that I wish Satou (newsboy hat man in op) was introduced in a modern context. I have a lurking suspicion that it was him in the Africa scenes, but I don’t have much evidence to back that up. Overall, I would deem this a must watch, and if you except the animation (which is easier if you read the manga), then you may really enjoy this series.

You can read all my first Impressions here
Jan 16, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
Sparteh said:
Best OP this season so far.

I don't get it. Why people tend to complain about different animation styles that much. They did it with God Eater, Katanagatari and now Ajin. Just because it is different, it does not make it bad
Because this is fully CGI, God Eater and Katanagatari may have some CGI in it, but because there is actual non CG elements in it people overlook it. This is full CGI with around 8 frames per second making the animation even worse than regular low budget shows.
Jan 16, 2016 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
The CGI isn't that bad! It was a pretty good start!

Poor Kei! Good to see Kaito is helping him out!
Jan 16, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
So I must ask this, but what was the point of the movie then? I was looking for the subbed episode last night and thought I found it and instead watched part 1 and 2 of the movie. I don't think I can properly appreciate this until it gets to episode 3, then I can review the episodes without saying its pointless to me at the moment. The subs were horrible, enough said on that. The CGI had its moments, but for the most part was nothing outrageous, just average.

People said it is the same studio that did the CGI for Knights of Sidonia and for some reason I think Knights of Sidonia had better looking CGI than this does (which I loved knights of sidonia). Is it just me or does anyone notice this? The CGI is hit or miss and the thing that sticks out the most is the character's hair (especially the MC), it just irks me for some reason.

On a brighter note, I have read the manga. It looks like it was adapted fairly faithful to the source which is great. I enjoyed the manga and the storyline along with it. I wont allow the CGI to dictate my enjoyment of the show, but it will get a lower score due to it being lowish quality at some points. With that said I will follow this through to the end. I will admit that the Ajin looked cool with CGI though.
Jan 16, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2015
Sparteh said:

The entire show is CGI. God Eater & Katanagatari weren't, they just had bits of CGI. It looks better for most people if the characters don't look like potatoes.

This anime being entirely made up of CGI is pointless. I understand and would've liked if they just made the black, mummy guys CGI because it looks cool, but making the entire show CGI doesn't add anything, it's just so kids can complain it looks like shit.
Jan 16, 2016 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
JkayW said:
Sparteh said:

The entire show is CGI. God Eater & Katanagatari weren't, they just had bits of CGI. It looks better for most people if the characters don't look like potatoes.

This anime being entirely made up of CGI is pointless. I understand and would've liked if they just made the black, mummy guys CGI because it looks cool, but making the entire show CGI doesn't add anything, it's just so kids can complain it looks like shit.

Lol at the potatoes thing, I can see what your talking about.
Jan 16, 2016 11:04 AM

Mar 2015
Drake1000 said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYU_eDMr4xE
If there was a choice, I will better watch Dragon Ball in full CGI, than that slideshow that Toei Animation make. They used CGI in movie, and it's really looks much better than TV-version.

The 3D models don't even look that good or detailed in this, really looks like PS2 graphics, it would be bearable if it moved a little more naturaly but it isn't.

Watch new Berserk PV. After that, Ajin looks much better.
Find this gifs in tumblr (seems like from movie, but we still see it later on:
Jan 16, 2016 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
I think the thing I look forward to the most about Ajin is the music. Amazing OP and ED. The OST is no joke as well. Looking forward to these song releases.

I'm also loving Mamo-chan here and I'll probably need a bit of time to get used to the CGI xD It's not something I'm used to. At the very least, it was tolerable?
Jan 16, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
I see the movie having 3 parts. Anyone care to explain what's the relation with Movie & regular TV one? Can I skip the 1st episode of the TV one & see 3 parts of the movie instead?
Thanks
Jan 16, 2016 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
Took awhile for this to get subbed.... third line of episode: "Although not kill them die!"... tf? Whos subbing this? "Do not fuck me" What, did Netflix just go to Google translate and sub this themselves? Tired of having to pause the video every other line to decipher the subject of each sentence. Hire someone who knows both English and Japanese grammar before your first time getting exclusive rights to an anime.

Anyway, Im still really excited for this. Polygon has gotten a lot better at using CGI. The character designs here look so much better than Knights of Sidonia.

Very nice OP song. I also really like some of the sound effects; like an ajin reviving.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lJan 16, 2016 11:18 AM
Jan 16, 2016 11:15 AM
Apr 2014
Tlahuizcapante said:
Drake1000 said:

Watch new Berserk PV. After that, Ajin looks much better.
Find this gifs in tumblr (seems like from movie, but we still see it later on:

Yes it does look like they're putting a little more effort in action scenes, but regular characters movements look slow.

Masum_Beast said:
I see the movie having 3 parts. Anyone care to explain what's the relation with Movie & regular TV one? Can I skip the 1st episode of the TV one & see 3 parts of the movie instead?
Thanks

Just watch the movie, it's the exact same thing, except it's ahead of the TV series in terms of content
Jan 16, 2016 11:21 AM

Dec 2015
Drake1000 said:
it's the exact same thing, except it's ahead of the TV series in terms of content

Then, why the f***k are they releasing a regular TV-one? Are they promoting the TV one via the movie or are they just plain stupids????
Jan 16, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2009
I actually really liked it. I didn't think the CGI was too bad, not any different then watching video game animation.
Jan 16, 2016 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
Well, that was veryy interesting and suspenseful. Very good start imo.
The subtitles were...
Not a fan of CGI anime but I'll get used to it.
ShonaseJan 16, 2016 11:32 AM
Jan 16, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. Can't really believe that was only 24 min because so much crazy shit happened. Really good start so far!
Jan 16, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
The CGI really sucked...
and the subtitles blow
Jan 16, 2016 11:51 AM

Feb 2015
Whoa! That was... interesting. I'm not very fond of the art style though but the anime seems promising.
Jan 16, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2015
Not yet read the manga but I liked the story. CG Animation is good but still has some flaws like slow framerate at sometimes, etc.
Mamoru Miyano sings ED and it's beautiful ED song :D

That next episode preview has epic feel.
Jan 16, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2015
I have no problem with the CGI (I wonder if they're going to release one with a higher frame rate for the bds), but some other fansub group needs to pick this up. The subs are hilariously bad.
Jan 16, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Holy shit that OST! And HOLY shit these subs
Jan 16, 2016 12:27 PM

Oct 2013
The CGI wasn't bad tbh, but I was pretty bored throughout the episode. The ost is decent though. The subs are also bad, it feels like I was playing a game where I have to fill out the blanks to understand the complete sentence in these dialogue. Lmao.
keragammingJan 16, 2016 12:30 PM
Jan 16, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
After bearing with the horrendous sub job, I found the episode quite interesting!

The music is very good and I love the ED song.

Going to bear with the awful subbing and stick around for the story. (Hopefully somebody better decides to sub this so I can comprehend it more.)
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jan 16, 2016 12:38 PM

Feb 2015
well the cgi looks awful, the story is nothing that hasn't been seen before and the characters have no depth to be seen.
worse then tokyo ghoul.
Jan 16, 2016 12:40 PM

Jan 2015
I'm not liking the fact that this is CGI :/ Most likely i'll complain for every episode :/ I do like the voice actors tho.
Jan 16, 2016 12:46 PM

Oct 2015
Kinda disappointed actually, started reading the manga a while back and enjoyed the story so I was looking forward to this, but I found the CG really disorientating and in some cases it took me a while to register what was happening due to the choppy-ness, the subs were terrible, and because of these things I could only watch half the episode, I'll hopefully go back later to finish.

I don't see the love for the OP, I re-watched about 3 times and it seems pretty average to me. This show had potential for AOTS, but at the moment Boku dake ga Inai Machi seems the closest to being so - has a great OP too.
Jan 16, 2016 12:53 PM
Apr 2014
>Terrible early subs
>Crappy CGI
> Simultaneous Movie BD release that already contains a good chunk of the first episodes
How do you shit on one series so much?
Jan 16, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2015
Not a bad start. It'll take a while to get used to the CGI, but I guess it's fine. Production's really bringing up the intensity to the story (music is good for that matter).
Jan 16, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder if enough people complain they will abolish this damn CG thing from existence. I hate it. This was a little more bearable than other projects but ugh. The eye moments are about the only thing I like (they look cute for some reason)

Very similar to the manga so far. Damn this show will make you hate humans. Disgusting the way they act.
Jan 16, 2016 1:32 PM

Jul 2010
Man the subs were so bad I deleted it halfway and watched the raws instead.

Also, love flumpool's latest song
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Jan 16, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2007
> in before people whine about CGI simply because CGI
Oh wait, too late.

Anyway, great first episode. Very nice use of CGI so far, certainly above Sidonia(which was one of best looking shows). Can't wait to see how and if they will expand what is in the movies.

Masum_Beast said:
Drake1000 said:
it's the exact same thing, except it's ahead of the TV series in terms of content

Then, why the f***k are they releasing a regular TV-one? Are they promoting the TV one via the movie or are they just plain stupids????

Because they will most likely expand it? Arise did the same. Its not unusual for the "directors cut" version of the movie to be a tv show in japan.
Jan 16, 2016 1:40 PM

Sep 2009
an interesting if not predictable beginning. the preview for the next episode looks very intense.

i have to wonder what's up with the friend. did kei's mom not want them to be friends because he's a delinquent or...?

the subbing definitely took away from the experience because it became an invoked task of trying to read the subs and listen to what they we're saying to truly glean what they were trying to get across. can't imagine 12 eps of that so hopefully next week will be different.

cgi got easier to watch after a while too but what a jarring experience.
Jan 16, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 2015
the cgi will take getting used to but the story seems really good
i like the op
Jan 16, 2016 1:41 PM

Dec 2014
I'm in love with the soundtrack.
I don't prefer CGI animation type, but okay , in some scene is really good...
In character depends.
Jan 16, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
Transcribed with Google translate.

I'll wait to watch the rest of the episode when better subs come out.
Jan 16, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
Nah I'll stick with the manga. CGI doesn't suit this series a bit unlike Sidionia.
Jan 16, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
Drake1000 said:
>Terrible early subs
>Crappy CGI
> Simultaneous Movie BD release that already contains a good chunk of the first episodes
How do you shit on one series so much?

Well granted it was shown in the cinemas for about 2 weeks two months ago. Sadly I've missed it due to school commitments though...
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Jan 16, 2016 1:52 PM
Oct 2013
It was better than what I had expected. I like the ending though.
Jan 16, 2016 2:03 PM

Sep 2013
I don't know, the content itself is pretty interesting but the CG isn't right... This would look amazing if handrawn.
Jan 16, 2016 2:05 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus christ, the subs i had were shit. :|
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 16, 2016 2:16 PM
Apr 2015
Best 3D animation ever yet!
Jan 16, 2016 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
I lowered my expectations after finding out it was going to be CGI but I actually LOVED this first episode. This is the first time CGI doesn't bother me in anime. I also really liked the music and the character designs. Plot seems interesting too. One of the best first episodes of this season. We'll see if they can keep it up.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Jan 16, 2016 2:44 PM

Jan 2012
I think I'll just keep reading the manga... the CGI is not that bad... better than Sidonia actually but still not a fan of it ><

And the subs I watched were awful... couldn't finish the episode
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.